• Cuntis

★★★★★ Rewatched by Cuntis 27 Apr, 2015

My top disney films fluctuate a lot, but this is consistently number 1. Mainly because the story is great, the characters are hilarious and the music is sublime. One of the songs was even oscar nominated. Our pet hamster was even called Bernard in honour of the Rescue Aid Societies bravest member.

What can you do? Two little mice? L O A D S innit.

★★★★★ Rewatched by Robyn 27 Apr, 2015 2

bernard's got the sweetest lil face in disney history twitter.com/ucrazyutaraptor/status/592792516325416962

• Connor

★★★★★ Added by Connor

One of my favorite Disney movies.

• Benjamin Devasir

★★★★★ Rewatched by Benjamin Devasir 01 Jan, 2014

Marvelous, bloody great flood of memories just came rushing back. After taking a huge break from this Disney list, it was awesome to jump back in again.

Medusa is without a doubt one of the most underrated villains from Disney.

★★★★★ Rewatched by Robyn 19 Sep, 2013 3

I wrote a proper review about The Rescuers before here, so I wont say much except that this scene is basically the funniest thing I have EVER seen. WHEN HE WEARS THE WRONG HAT. I am dead

• Neil Sarver

★★★★★ Rewatched by Neil Sarver 08 Jan, 2013

This is one I probably have a soft spot for from my childhood, so that makes it hard for me to make a good judgment of from any "pure" sense, but everything about this movie is a perfect delight for me. And I can't imagine too many circumstances in which a cartoon with Bob Newhart and Eva Gabor as lead mice could ever be something I wouldn't enjoy.

★★★★★ Rewatched by Robyn 08 Jan, 2013 3

An absolute favourite of mine when I was young, I was utterly convinced mice did have a rescue aide society! I see it doesn't get a lot of love on Letterboxd and it baffles me, so I thought I'd give it a rewatch to see how it holds up and honestly I was just as captivated as I was when I was four.

With involvement from Wolfgang and Don Bluth (two of my favourite animators ever), I find this charming…

• allanderbf

★★★★★ Added by allanderbf

Engraçado que acho que esse filme, mais do que qualquer outro da Disney, talvez tenha sido o que mais marcou minha infância. As outras pessoas costumam ter Rei Leão, Aladdin, A Pequena Sereia e outros como os que marcaram. Eu também assisti esses outros filmes, mas a diferença era que eu tinha a fita VHS apenas de The Rescuers (Bernardo e Bianca) e aí, vi mais vezes. Lembro de adorar a trilha do filme e as cenas deles voando quando criança. A imaginação voava junto..

• Gonzo

Animation: ★★★★
    Sound: ★★★★★
    Eva Gabor's voice: ★★★★★

What I Learned:
    Due to the overwhelming predictability and lack of creative stories plaguing the industry this has become an even bigger breath of fresh air, an ignored Disney classic

• Dave Jackson

★★★★½ Watched by Dave Jackson 31 Dec, 2014 4

The Rescuers is a massively underrated Disney effort. The characters are outrageously loveable. The villain is terrifying and totally mad. The humour is genuinely funny. Tension and comedy are blended together beautifully (the villain's alligator lackeys attempting to get the heroic mice out of a pipe organ had me laughing). Unlike many later Disney efforts (The Little Mermaid), the danger the heroes face feels real. I particularly loved the way the film takes into account the difficulties characters as small…

• Ethan

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ethan 20 Aug, 2014

What a nice little film this was. I watched this one on a loop as a child so returning to it felt wonderful, even in contrast to my return to some of the more contemporary Disney films (Hunchback and Atlantis). Something about The Rescuers just beckons back to a different time in Disney and in animation. The songs, sung by Shelby Flint, have a nice 70s, pop folk sound and the score adds some lushness to the film. I remembered…

• Nathan Sizemore

★★★★½ Rewatched by Nathan Sizemore 15 Apr, 2014

I decided to show The Rescuers to my kids tonight because it was on Netflix and I hadn't seen it in a long while.

In fact, I'm not sure that I ever saw the entire thing as a kid.

I was completely surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It is clearly a product of its times. You can see what seems like the influence of Ralph Bakshi in the film's earlier New York City scenes and the songs used…