• Benjamin Devasir

★★★★★ Rewatched by Benjamin Devasir 01 Jan, 2014

Marvelous, bloody great flood of memories just came rushing back. After taking a huge break from this Disney list, it was awesome to jump back in again.

Medusa is without a doubt one of the most underrated villains from Disney.

• Robyn

★★★★★ Rewatched by Robyn 19 Sep, 2013 3

I wrote a proper review about The Rescuers before here, so I wont say much except that this scene is basically the funniest thing I have EVER seen. WHEN HE WEARS THE WRONG HAT. I am dead

• Neil Sarver

★★★★★ Rewatched by Neil Sarver 08 Jan, 2013

This is one I probably have a soft spot for from my childhood, so that makes it hard for me to make a good judgment of from any "pure" sense, but everything about this movie is a perfect delight for me. And I can't imagine too many circumstances in which a cartoon with Bob Newhart and Eva Gabor as lead mice could ever be something I wouldn't enjoy.

• Robyn

★★★★★ Rewatched by Robyn 08 Jan, 2013

An absolute favourite of mine when I was young, I was utterly convinced mice did have a rescue aide society! I see it doesn't get a lot of love on Letterboxd and it baffles me, so I thought I'd give it a rewatch to see how it holds up and honestly I was just as captivated as I was when I was four.

With involvement from Wolfgang and Don Bluth (two of my favourite animators ever), I find this charming…

• allanderbf

★★★★★ Added by allanderbf

Engraçado que acho que esse filme, mais do que qualquer outro da Disney, talvez tenha sido o que mais marcou minha infância. As outras pessoas costumam ter Rei Leão, Aladdin, A Pequena Sereia e outros como os que marcaram. Eu também assisti esses outros filmes, mas a diferença era que eu tinha a fita VHS apenas de The Rescuers (Bernardo e Bianca) e aí, vi mais vezes. Lembro de adorar a trilha do filme e as cenas deles voando quando criança. A imaginação voava junto..

• Ethan

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ethan 20 Aug, 2014

What a nice little film this was. I watched this one on a loop as a child so returning to it felt wonderful, even in contrast to my return to some of the more contemporary Disney films (Hunchback and Atlantis). Something about The Rescuers just beckons back to a different time in Disney and in animation. The songs, sung by Shelby Flint, have a nice 70s, pop folk sound and the score adds some lushness to the film. I remembered…

• Nathan Sizemore

★★★★½ Rewatched by Nathan Sizemore 15 Apr, 2014

I decided to show The Rescuers to my kids tonight because it was on Netflix and I hadn't seen it in a long while.

In fact, I'm not sure that I ever saw the entire thing as a kid.

I was completely surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It is clearly a product of its times. You can see what seems like the influence of Ralph Bakshi in the film's earlier New York City scenes and the songs used…

• Bene

★★★★½ Rewatched by Bene 18 Jul, 2013

Als ich den Film endlich wieder mal gesehen habe, sind gleich Kindheitserinnerungen hochgekommen und ich es sehr genossen diesen alten Film aus meiner Kindheit wieder anzusehen. Er war sehr lustig und hat mir gezeigt was Disney mal für gute Filme gemacht hat. Sehr empfehlenswert für die jüngere Generation.

• JC

★★★★½ Watched by JC 24 Jun, 2013

I had a similar reaction to this as I did rewatching Lady & The Tramp last year - only in this case, I had never watched The Rescuers before! Like Lady & The Tramp, this is one I could see loving as a kid, but appreciating so much more now. I soaked in all the beautiful imagery and gorgeous hand-drawn animation. From the unique prologue & opening credits, I knew I was going to love this.

A young orphan Penny sends for help…

• Thirdmango

★★★★½ Watched by Thirdmango 01 Jun, 2013

Yet another movie that I thought I had watched as a kid and this time maybe I had but I didn't remember 95% of it. It's actually quite heart warming and the two mice are absolutely charming. Sure there are some holes here and there but I found myself really wrapped in the emotion of the story. It was a desperately tragic story and even with a sorta sloppy ending sequence I loved it. The voice talents of Bernard and Bianca were really fantastic.

• MrPootytang

★★★★ Added by MrPootytang

Much like the Hunchback of Notre Dame, the Rescuers (1977) is one of Disney's more overlooked titles. I couldn't even count how many times I've seen this, the mice are a cute couple. This title deserves more recognition.

• Aaron Martin

★★★★ Rewatched by Aaron Martin 10 Aug, 2014

There's nothing flashy about 'The Rescuers'. It's rather straight forward with its adventure plot, and it's got a more dark and grimy exterior than many of the Disney films before it. However, that simplistic take is exactly what drew me in.

Bernard and Miss Bianca are very affable protagonists set out to help orphaned Penny. The humor here is very calm and we get a more unconventional soundtrack for Disney animated standards. The visuals can be particularly haunting as well.

While it probably won't be one of my favorite Disney flicks by the end of this quest, it's certainly a nice, underrated palette cleanser.