• Benjamin Devasir

★★★★★ Rewatched by Benjamin Devasir 01 Jan, 2014

Marvelous, bloody great flood of memories just came rushing back. After taking a huge break from this Disney list, it was awesome to jump back in again.

Medusa is without a doubt one of the most underrated villains from Disney.

• Robyn

★★★★★ Rewatched by Robyn 19 Sep, 2013 3

I wrote a proper review about The Rescuers before here, so I wont say much except that this scene is basically the funniest thing I have EVER seen. WHEN HE WEARS THE WRONG HAT. I am dead

• Neil Sarver

★★★★★ Rewatched by Neil Sarver 08 Jan, 2013

This is one I probably have a soft spot for from my childhood, so that makes it hard for me to make a good judgment of from any "pure" sense, but everything about this movie is a perfect delight for me. And I can't imagine too many circumstances in which a cartoon with Bob Newhart and Eva Gabor as lead mice could ever be something I wouldn't enjoy.

• Robyn

★★★★★ Rewatched by Robyn 08 Jan, 2013

An absolute favourite of mine when I was young, I was utterly convinced mice did have a rescue aide society! I see it doesn't get a lot of love on Letterboxd and it baffles me, so I thought I'd give it a rewatch to see how it holds up and honestly I was just as captivated as I was when I was four.

With involvement from Wolfgang and Don Bluth (two of my favourite animators ever), I find this charming…

• allanderbf

★★★★★ Added by allanderbf

Engraçado que acho que esse filme, mais do que qualquer outro da Disney, talvez tenha sido o que mais marcou minha infância. As outras pessoas costumam ter Rei Leão, Aladdin, A Pequena Sereia e outros como os que marcaram. Eu também assisti esses outros filmes, mas a diferença era que eu tinha a fita VHS apenas de The Rescuers (Bernardo e Bianca) e aí, vi mais vezes. Lembro de adorar a trilha do filme e as cenas deles voando quando criança. A imaginação voava junto..

• Nathan Sizemore

★★★★½ Rewatched by Nathan Sizemore 15 Apr, 2014

I decided to show The Rescuers to my kids tonight because it was on Netflix and I hadn't seen it in a long while.

In fact, I'm not sure that I ever saw the entire thing as a kid.

I was completely surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It is clearly a product of its times. You can see what seems like the influence of Ralph Bakshi in the film's earlier New York City scenes and the songs used…

• Bene

★★★★½ Rewatched by Bene 18 Jul, 2013

Als ich den Film endlich wieder mal gesehen habe, sind gleich Kindheitserinnerungen hochgekommen und ich es sehr genossen diesen alten Film aus meiner Kindheit wieder anzusehen. Er war sehr lustig und hat mir gezeigt was Disney mal für gute Filme gemacht hat. Sehr empfehlenswert für die jüngere Generation.

• JC

★★★★½ Watched by JC 24 Jun, 2013

I had a similar reaction to this as I did rewatching Lady & The Tramp last year - only in this case, I had never watched The Rescuers before! Like Lady & The Tramp, this is one I could see loving as a kid, but appreciating so much more now. I soaked in all the beautiful imagery and gorgeous hand-drawn animation. From the unique prologue & opening credits, I knew I was going to love this.

A young orphan Penny sends for help…

• Thirdmango

★★★★½ Watched by Thirdmango 01 Jun, 2013

Yet another movie that I thought I had watched as a kid and this time maybe I had but I didn't remember 95% of it. It's actually quite heart warming and the two mice are absolutely charming. Sure there are some holes here and there but I found myself really wrapped in the emotion of the story. It was a desperately tragic story and even with a sorta sloppy ending sequence I loved it. The voice talents of Bernard and Bianca were really fantastic.

• Amanda Hamilton

★★★★ Rewatched by Amanda Hamilton 18 Mar, 2014

Pat Buttram again, this time as Luke (some kind of hillybilly mouse or maybe a muskrat) who was also in "Angel's Revenge"

• Edith Nelson

★★★★ Rewatched by Edith Nelson 13 Mar, 2014

Disney's Most Pathetic Orphan

Disney has had an awful lot of orphans over the years. The minute Elsa and Anna's parents get on that boat toward the beginning of Frozen, you know it's going to sink. Many other Disney kids lose one parent. Usually the mother--see also Bambi--but the father is not unheard of, either. We never even know what happened to Dumbo's father, as there doesn't seem to be a male elephant other than him with that circus, and…

• Toni Roig

★★★★ Rewatched by Toni Roig 26 Jan, 2014

[English/ Spanish review]

Long long ago (that is, the seventies), in a Disney galaxy far, far away, we had this movie with a kidnapped orphan girl trapped in a nightmarish bayou, kept by organ-playing crocs and with her life under threat. Her only hope? A couple of newyorkers and a bunch of southern local rednecks. Time to reconsider its condition of 'minor piece'.

Hace mucho, mucho tiempo (esto es, los años setenta), en una galaxia Disney lejana, muy lejana, teníamos…