• Adam Theeye Pittman

★★★★★ Added by Adam Theeye Pittman

My review -- this old school animation/adventure/romantic/cultural/crime/musical film title is now on DVD and yes this original installment has a sizable profit margin of roughly $70 million [based on the fact it took well less than $2 million to make.] The basic storyline is this, the audience meets this little girl and she drops a bottle into a swamp with a message inside it that basically says [somebody please help I have been kidnapped] and now help is on its…

• Jacob Gehman

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jacob Gehman 08 Dec, 2015

"R-E-S-C-U-E, rescue aid society, head held high, touch the sky, you mean everything to me."

The Rescuers feels a bit like Disney put some of their prior films into a blender and hit "full speed ahead", which should be a recipe for a terrible movie. But it's not. As far as I'm concerned, The Rescuers is the third best Disney animation, right after The Great Mouse Detective (2nd best) and both lagging significantly behind Robin Hood (easily outpacing nearly every…

• Tyler O'Connor

★★★★★ Added by Tyler O'Connor

I love how dark this film is. It's Disney at it's most dangerous. The characters are well fleshed out and I love the idea of the Rescue Aid Society.

• Margee K

★★★★★ Added by Margee K

Top five best Disney Movie!! 💜

• Cuntis

★★★★★ Rewatched by Cuntis 27 Apr, 2015

My top disney films fluctuate a lot, but this is consistently number 1. Mainly because the story is great, the characters are hilarious and the music is sublime. One of the songs was even oscar nominated. Our pet hamster was even called Bernard in honour of the Rescue Aid Societies bravest member.

What can you do? Two little mice? L O A D S innit.

★★★★★ Rewatched by robyn 27 Apr, 2015 2

bernard's got the sweetest lil face in disney history twitter.com/ucrazyutaraptor/status/592792516325416962

• Connor

★★★★★ Added by Connor

One of my favorite Disney movies.

• Benjamin Devasir

★★★★★ Rewatched by Benjamin Devasir 01 Jan, 2014

Marvelous, bloody great flood of memories just came rushing back. After taking a huge break from this Disney list, it was awesome to jump back in again.

Medusa is without a doubt one of the most underrated villains from Disney.

★★★★★ Rewatched by robyn 19 Sep, 2013 3

I wrote a proper review about The Rescuers before here, so I wont say much except that this scene is basically the funniest thing I have EVER seen. WHEN HE WEARS THE WRONG HAT. I am dead

• Neil Sarver

★★★★★ Rewatched by Neil Sarver 08 Jan, 2013

This is one I probably have a soft spot for from my childhood, so that makes it hard for me to make a good judgment of from any "pure" sense, but everything about this movie is a perfect delight for me. And I can't imagine too many circumstances in which a cartoon with Bob Newhart and Eva Gabor as lead mice could ever be something I wouldn't enjoy.

★★★★★ Rewatched by robyn 08 Jan, 2013 3

An absolute favourite of mine when I was young, I was utterly convinced mice did have a rescue aide society! I see it doesn't get a lot of love on Letterboxd and it baffles me, so I thought I'd give it a rewatch to see how it holds up and honestly I was just as captivated as I was when I was four.

With involvement from Wolfgang and Don Bluth (two of my favourite animators ever), I find this charming…

• allanderbf

★★★★★ Added by allanderbf

Engraçado que acho que esse filme, mais do que qualquer outro da Disney, talvez tenha sido o que mais marcou minha infância. As outras pessoas costumam ter Rei Leão, Aladdin, A Pequena Sereia e outros como os que marcaram. Eu também assisti esses outros filmes, mas a diferença era que eu tinha a fita VHS apenas de The Rescuers (Bernardo e Bianca) e aí, vi mais vezes. Lembro de adorar a trilha do filme e as cenas deles voando quando criança. A imaginação voava junto..