• Reed Benson

★★★★½ Rewatched by Reed Benson 14 Sep, 2015

I love it mostly for nostalgic reasons. Elizabeth Hartman is iconic as Mrs. Brisby to me. The animation is gorgeous. The longsuffering mouse doing all she can to save her son and fight the dark environment is endearing. The climax is kind of...blah. And the magic has no explanation (it didn't even exist in the book). But I love the characters and I love the memories. So I love it.

• Alexei Toliopoulos

★★★½ Added by Alexei Toliopoulos

Careful animation that is a delight to the eyes w an interesting premise.

• Jennnanigans

★★★★ Added by Jennnanigans

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

An animated classic and one of my earliest film memories, Mrs. Brisby's stories bears little resemblance to the book, but this is a rare occurrence of the movie outshining the book.
    This is also one of the most under-celebrated feminist movies ever, as its message-- of a single mother who has to pull herself together for her children after the death of her husband-- is deeply inspiring. Nobody rescues Mrs. Brisby, although it's true the rats only help her based…

• taptup

★★★½ Watched by taptup 09 Sep, 2015

Igual solo son los fondos y la música de Goldsmith, pero podría estar así horas.

• PsychoSavager

★★½ Added by PsychoSavager

Don Bluth films have a tendency to be well-animated, dark and feature at least one out-of-place element that derails the narrative. This makes for good watching up until the somewhat bizarre deuz ex machina at the end.

• Kikuchisawa

★★½ Watched by Kikuchisawa 21 Aug, 2015

Once again, the Don Bluth animation is great, as well as Goldsmith's soundtrack, but the rest is pretty meh.

• Anna Bean

★★½ Rewatched by Anna Bean 21 Aug, 2015

Um, the rats are supposed to be scientific, not fucking MAGICAL. Was that magic amulet just like laying around the NIMH lab???

• KT/miyuki

★★★★ Added by KT/miyuki

Don't know how I hadn't seen it until now. 80's animation was bomb, so fantastical and kinda dark. Love.

• Emalie

★★★★★ Rewatched by Emalie 27 Jul, 2015

dark and beautiful and full of magic!

• Henry Chivers

★★★ Rewatched by Henry Chivers 27 Jul, 2015

A well made animated movie. This is a wonderful tale of a mothers love for her family and how far she'll go to save them. Its not great but it is a joy.

• Alex Aloise

★★ Added by Alex Aloise

A Review Haiku

The truth uncovered!
    Government secrets exposed!
    The kids will love it.

• Not Dave Kehr

Added by Not Dave Kehr

An animated feature (1982) by Don Bluth, who led a group of fed-up animators away from Disney in 1980. Based on an award-winning children's book about a field mouse, Mrs. Brisby, who enlists the aid of a colony of superintelligent rats to move her family home away from the path of a farmer's plow, the film is an impressive technical achievement: the full-figure animation is dimensional and elegant, the perspectives imaginative, and the color design superb. But without the (old)…