• Kelly McRae

★★★★ Rewatched by Kelly McRae 09 Apr, 2015

A true classic, though its nearly three decades old now... it still hits its mark.

• Carl

★★★★ Watched by Carl 08 Apr, 2015

it makes sense now

• The Movie King

★★★★★ Rewatched by The Movie King 27 Mar, 2015 4

Reviewing the Commentary #2:
    The Secret of NIMH- provided by director/producer Don Bluth and producer Gary Goldman

Animation films on home video rarely feature commentaries (there's not too many on the Disney releases for some odd reason), so when I saw that my Blu-ray copy of one of my favorite (and one of the most underrated) animated films ever made had a featured commentary, I was excited to hear what the crew had to say about the movie.

And what…

• Tyler Moore

★★★★ Watched by Tyler Moore 27 Mar, 2015

It's a great movie & I loved the ending, but I still wouldn't call it one of the all time great animated films.

• GetReady2Review

★★★★ Watched by GetReady2Review 26 Mar, 2015

This was a great animated film that followed a great character. Almost immediately I cared abut this character and when she got in a threat I was worried for her. She had to find to get her son 'Timmy' a cure to stop his sickness which brought us through different story acres which brought us to what 'the secret of NIMH' was! On the surface the story seems quite simple but when you watch the film it unravels to something…

• Matt Greene

★½ Watched by Matt Greene 26 Mar, 2015

Bluth animation was the Dreamworks to Disney’s Pixar in the 80s and early 90s: passable but mostly just pointless in comparison. Secret of NIMH doesn’t break that sad rule of thumb. A dull and heavy-handed PETA commercial that amounts to basically nothing. Unless you grew up with this, don’t bother.

• Jaime Rebanal

★★★★★ Added by Jaime Rebanal

Day 22 of the 30 Days of Movies Challenge: The most underrated movie.

Look how much this movie managed to scar my childhood. And to this day it still scars me.

• Derek Godin

★★★½ Watched by Derek Godin 11 Mar, 2015

I'm surprised this one passed me by as a kid, seeing as my mom was pretty dutiful about buying every animated film in a clamshell box for me and my sister during the bulk of my childhood. That probably explains how I ended up seeing stuff like Happily Ever After (which also stars Dom DeLuise) or The Princess and the Goblin. Actually I don't think that The Princess and the Goblin has a clamshell box. Whatever, that's neither here nor…

• barcalounger

★★★ Watched by barcalounger 08 Mar, 2015

Definitely good, definitely not for young kids.

• Jenna

★★★★ Watched by Jenna 06 Mar, 2015

This was surprisingly dark and thoughtful. Although I'm not crazy about anthropomorphic animal characters, I appreciated how they rationalized it (which was really NOT child-friendly).

• Adam Bolden

★½ Watched by Adam Bolden 09 Jan, 2013

Having grown up with Don Bluth's films almost as prominent as Walt Disney's, even I'm surprised I'd never seen The Secret of NIMH until today. Sure enough, though, it turns out all that waiting and intrigue was for naught. I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for this one, but I just didn't see the magic others do in this film.

The Secret of NIMH is about a mouse named Mrs. Brisby (Elizabeth Hartman) whose husband was…

• Doug Burton

★★★★½ Rewatched by Doug Burton 03 Mar, 2015

If you showed this movie to every child on earth, I honestly feel like 99.7% would hate it.