• TrundleTheGreat

★★★★★

Damn, Mrs Brisby. You one badass mother.

• Marion

★★★½

I think saying that I hadn't seen this movie for 20 years would be rather accurate.
    All I remembered from it was that back then it scared me, but I still loved it.

• Viktor Prentovski

★★★

Honestly, I expected quite a bit more from this one, judging by the poster and some glowing reviews. Sure, it looks nice and is very creative in the character department, but it just falls flat story-wise.

Trying to juggle several elements of a story and making them fit together is quite the task, and I feel like director Don Bluth just fails at doing that. The sick child, the necklace, the cat...many elements that seem like they are important, but…

• Sabrina

★★★★

All I can say about this movie is: beautiful. While the movie wholly doesn't follow the book (the ultimately better medium) the idea of it is absolutely brilliant and fascinating. The animation is well-suited for this movie, and Mrs. Frisby's character development is astounding for being a mouse. I've re-read and re-watched this so many times, it has become one of my favorites. The underlying message of animal cruelty, while obvious, certainly isn't eye-rolling, and is portrayed in such a fabulous way one has to love it. Not for children, but still amazing.

• Tyler L. Young

★★★★

'The Secret of NIMH' is a picture that appeals to every audience due to the respect afforded through its dark and intelligently written story that also manages to be utterly heart-warming and wonderfully animated; Don Bluth's best show.

• Timothy Bartolini

The Secret of NIMH is one of the uglier more miserable cartoons I have ever watched. Blech...

• Sarah

★★★★

This is one of those movies that I somehow never actually watched as a child. But, as an adult, I've heard a lot of people talk about how much they loved this film as a kid, and I can see why. The story, characters, and animation are all very, very strong, but what makes this movie really stand out to me is how it knows exactly what it wants to be from start to finish. It sets its mood, and…

• kaztunk

★★★★★

"No taste for blood, huh? They've taken the animal out of you."

Children's entertainment in the eighties was a tad different than today, in that the vast majority of it was designed to fill kids with lifelong mortal terror. This film was certainly no exception.

As a kid, I accepted the mythology of this film outright. As an adult, it's a weird hodgepodge. You've got science fiction, fantasy, and a bizarre society of talking animals; all elements that are seemingly…

• Janina

★★½

This has a darker, slightly adult-oriented theme than a couple of Bluth's films that I am familiar with (The Land Before Time and American Tail). It just didn't resonate with me as much as I would've liked.

• Lola

★★★

y'all scientists better quit w animal testing bc:
    1) it's not nice &
    2) you're clearly giving rats all the good shit

• ARodge

★★★★

A mostly unknown picture by Don Bluth, a great achievement in animation.

• CaitCher

★★★★★

Has to be Don Bluth's best movie of all time. A story of a mother doing what she can to save her son from dying, even if it's to conquer her fears of cats and owls to do so. This film has a more complex plot than any other children's film, but the emotions are still there. If you want to find best films to ever exist, you have to watch The Secret of NIMH.