• sgrade

★★★ Rewatched by sgrade 25 Sep, 2016

This was the first time I have watched The Secret of NIMH in probably decades and there were a couple of aspects that held me back from enjoying it as much as I remembered:

1) It has been so long since I've seen it that I conflated events that occur in the movie with events that only occur in the book. I kept waiting for certain scenes, like the harrowing escape from the rosebush when NIHM shows up to exterminate…

• Serafina☽

★★★★½ Rewatched by Serafina☽ 23 Sep, 2016 1

An early animated film that actually celebrates the power and courage of moms!!!!? And satirizes society!!!!!?? And is humorous, heartbreaking, magical all at once!!!!!??? This really does exist. And I've loved it ever since I can remember. Thank you, Mr. Bluth. You the real MVP.

• Aaron Hubbard

★★★★ Rewatched by Aaron Hubbard 23 Sep, 2016

I'm not a huge proponent of Don Bluth's work, but this adaptation of the children's novel is certainly excellent. The film's atmosphere is truly impressive, Mrs. Brisby is an excellent heroine, and the story is engaging and thought provoking. I love the ideas about knowledge and morality, and how they decide how we use technology and decide where to go with society.

• Kourtney Nieblas

★★★★½ Rewatched by Kourtney Nieblas 21 Sep, 2016

Childhood favorite! Creepier than I remember!

• kay

★★★★ Rewatched by kay 16 Sep, 2016 1

after reading the book i realise... Nicodemous is even cheesier than he needed to be

• Geoff T

★★★★ Watched by Geoff T 18 Sep, 2016

Another Don Bluth animation I missed out on. Watching The Secret of NIMH was a surreal and almost hypnotic experience. Compared to alot of animated fare, it's pretty dark-natured and deals with several mature themes. Here, we are told the story of a windowed mother mouse named Mrs. Brisby, who is struggling to care for her severely ill son suffering from pneumonia. She lives under a farm, and as tractor is starting up early which could destroy her home, she…

• Billy Cahill

★★★ Watched by Billy Cahill 13 Sep, 2016

Gorgeously animated, but at once too simple and too over stuffed

• aNegativeEffort

★★★★★ Rewatched by aNegativeEffort 05 Sep, 2016

One of my childhood- wait, why lie? One of my Adulthood, favorites.

• WoosterShooster

★★★½ Added by WoosterShooster

I watched this 1000 times as a kid. Don't remember it well, but it must have been good to demand that kind of re-watching.

• Kandace

★★★½ Added by Kandace

Good.

• William Dowley

★★ Watched by William Dowley 26 Aug, 2016

I don't see why so many people really love this film, it was nothing exceptional.

• Eeliel047

★★★★½ Added by Eeliel047

Con una buena línea argumental en donde se combina la ciencia con elementos mágicos en una atmósfera natural.
    La animación es hermosa y empleando técnicas bastantes amplias para su época como la banda sonora igual de asombrosa.
    Es una película esta llena de magia.