• WoosterShooster

★★★½ Added by WoosterShooster

I watched this 1000 times as a kid. Don't remember it well, but it must have been good to demand that kind of re-watching.

• Kandace

★★★½ Added by Kandace

Good.

• William Dowley

★★ Watched by William Dowley 26 Aug, 2016

I don't see why so many people really love this film, it was nothing exceptional.

• Eeliel047

★★★★½ Added by Eeliel047

Con una buena línea argumental en donde se combina la ciencia con elementos mágicos en una atmósfera natural.
    La animación es hermosa y empleando técnicas bastantes amplias para su época como la banda sonora igual de asombrosa.
    Es una película esta llena de magia.

• Stefan Teufel

★★★★ Added by Stefan Teufel

It could have been great if not for that damn 'Deus Ex Machina' medal. Why add magic for no fucking reason? Everything else is awesome.

• TocoMan

★★★★★ Added by TocoMan

100/100 - Of course it's great

• MasterPike

★★★½ Watched by MasterPike 21 Jul, 2016 1

I love The Land Before Time and American Tail but this might be Bluth's best work. I know my old man didn't like this because he'd read the book but I don't come with that prejudice and I greatly enjoyed it. Its a little chilling for a film marketed at children, but the atmosphere is thick and palpable and sustained throughout. I also like that there's still a bit of mystery at the edges of this film; while the medical…

• jstidham

★★★★ Watched by jstidham 29 Jul, 2016

This was a favorite as a pre-schooler. I haven't seen it in 20 years and it's amazing how the arthritic fingers of ancient rats are seared into my psyche. While later Don Bluth is good it never recaptures the almost Miyazaki-ish imagination and wonder of this movie.

Also Dom Deluise is the greatest voice actor of all time.

• JP Doug

★★★½ Watched by JP Doug 28 Jul, 2016

"Courage of the heart is very rare."

A whimsical and heartfelt story that clearly inspired later Animal-centric animated films, 'The Secret of Nimh' is a beautifully crafted film containing an ethereal soundtrack and impressive voice cast (Derek Jacobi). Full of elements from fantasy to contemporary commentary on animal cruelty, Director Don Bluth showcases a film that will resonate with both children and adults. Not afraid to show the mortality of its characters, 'The Secret of Nimh' is among that collection…

• solarbox

★★★ Watched by solarbox 12 Jul, 2016

Why does Mrs. Johnathan Brisby not have a first name? Why am I soo endeared by Elizabeth Hartman performance as Mrs. Johnathan Brisby? Is this an Oedipus thing? Why is Jeremy in this movie? Why does every Don Bluth movie have really uneven animation, but incredible backgrounds?

This movie always made me feel uneasy when I watched it as a kid and I always thought the premise was really interesting.

• Lucas Mass

★★★★ Watched by Lucas Mass 10 Jul, 2016

‘The Secret of NIMH’ is a movie that explodes with atmosphere and world-building. Don Bluth’s directorial debut is nothing short of Oscar worthy (if only the best animated feature category had existed in 1982). You really don’t see animated movies like this anymore, movies that don’t shy away from showing how dangerous of an environment the characters are in - which leads to a much more satisfying ending.

• ciaran

★★★★ Rewatched by ciaran 10 Jul, 2016

the owl deserved more screen time. nicademaus' death was #tragic.