• Johannes Kvam Rånes

★★★★ Watched by Johannes Kvam Rånes 15 Nov, 2015

Overall enjoyment 8/10 (That was fun)

Technical execution 9/10 (Impressive)

Does it make sense? 7/10 (Most of the time, but not always)

• Therese

★★★★★ Added by Therese

i want to bone jenner

• Magenta

★½ Watched by Magenta 08 Nov, 2015

jenner's eyebrows made me uncomfortable

• CigarsOnMars

★★★★½ Watched by CigarsOnMars 11 Oct, 2015 2

Jeg elsker tegnefilm fra 80´erne, og denne må siges at være én af mastodonterne. Kort sagt: flot, eventyrlig og fantasifuld.

• Reed Benson

★★★★½ Rewatched by Reed Benson 14 Sep, 2015

I love it mostly for nostalgic reasons. Elizabeth Hartman is iconic as Mrs. Brisby to me. The animation is gorgeous. The longsuffering mouse doing all she can to save her son and fight the dark environment is endearing. The climax is kind of...blah. And the magic has no explanation (it didn't even exist in the book). But I love the characters and I love the memories. So I love it.

• Alexei Toliopoulos

★★★½ Added by Alexei Toliopoulos

Careful animation that is a delight to the eyes w an interesting premise.

• Jennnanigans

★★★★ Added by Jennnanigans

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

An animated classic and one of my earliest film memories, Mrs. Brisby's stories bears little resemblance to the book, but this is a rare occurrence of the movie outshining the book.
    This is also one of the most under-celebrated feminist movies ever, as its message-- of a single mother who has to pull herself together for her children after the death of her husband-- is deeply inspiring. Nobody rescues Mrs. Brisby, although it's true the rats only help her based…

• taptup

★★★½ Watched by taptup 09 Sep, 2015

Igual solo son los fondos y la música de Goldsmith, pero podría estar así horas.

• PsychoSavager

★★½ Added by PsychoSavager

Don Bluth films have a tendency to be well-animated, dark and feature at least one out-of-place element that derails the narrative. This makes for good watching up until the somewhat bizarre deuz ex machina at the end.

• Kikuchisawa

★★½ Watched by Kikuchisawa 21 Aug, 2015

Once again, the Don Bluth animation is great, as well as Goldsmith's soundtrack, but the rest is pretty meh.

• Anna Bean

★★½ Rewatched by Anna Bean 21 Aug, 2015

Um, the rats are supposed to be scientific, not fucking MAGICAL. Was that magic amulet just like laying around the NIMH lab???

• KT/miyuki

★★★★ Added by KT/miyuki

Don't know how I hadn't seen it until now. 80's animation was bomb, so fantastical and kinda dark. Love.