• Ira Raymondi

★★★★ Watched by Ira Raymondi 29 Apr, 2016

Me ha encantado y no solo porque se trata de anime sino tambien porque emana una sensibilidad única.

Si bien es algo triste y muestra soledad en mas de un sentido: un niño enfermo pero que entiende la necesidad de sobrevivir y luego de conocer a, quizas, la última de los "diminutos", valora y ve la vida con otros ojos.

Tiene que ver también con la necesidad de seguir perteneciendo a este mundo, de sobrevivir como especie mientras se pueda.

Y, como no, la entrañable amistad que nace entre seres diferentes...

Muy recomendable

• Chris

★★★★½ Rewatched by Chris 24 Apr, 2016

While generally recognized as a good film, this seems to get less acclaim as, say, Spirited Away, which is hailed as a triumph of visual imagination. Watching it again as part of the month-long Studio Ghibli film festival in local theatres helped me appreciate just how imaginative this film is as well. But you almost need to pause it on occasion to really appreciate that this film is just as much of an imaginative feat. This is obvious in some…

• Virgínia

★★★★★ Watched by Virgínia 25 Apr, 2016

"Many of my movies have strong female leads - brave, self-sufficient girls that don’t think twice about fighting for what they believe in with all their heart"
    One of many reasons why I love Studio Ghibli. Arrietty is so good, the characters are well built & the story is great. It could not be rated less than 5 stars.

• Katie Bottomley
  • bojambles

★★★½ Watched by bojambles 18 Apr, 2016

its quite clear that a lot of thought was put into certain aspects, and for that, the team behind it have nothing but my respect, but there were still a few things that left me asking, wanting for more, and feeling like there were pieces missing

• Raygan Kelly

★★★★ Watched by Raygan Kelly 14 Apr, 2016

This was the last of the big Studio Ghibli movies that I hadn't yet gotten around to watching. I loved how naturally this British tale fitted into a rural Japanese setting, and the art was magnificent. Shō, the boy, didn't really work fro me though. They've made him older than the 10 year old boy in the book and giving him a heart condition on the verge of a life threatening surgery.

The most memorable scene from the book was…

• Sarah

★★★★ Added by Sarah

The attention to detail in this film is extraordinary.

• Mr. Knoll

★★★★ Added by Mr. Knoll

Studio Ghibli in the 2000s/10s is a lot like Disney Animation in the 1960s/70s, in that, even when they don't swing for the fences, their movies are reliably infused with a moody, imperscrutable magic that I'm personally defenseless against. It has something to do with the careful world-building, but it's not just that; there were plenty of mundane scenes in The Secret World of Arrietty that transfixed me as much as the fantasy ones. Quality animation can really be a fantastic thing.

• Ry

★★★½ Watched by Ry 06 Apr, 2016

Pretty good. “Incomplete” is a good way to describe how I think this movie felt. Animation was good and storyline was dec but felt like they started and ended the movie in the middle of a story. Anyways, made it through the whole movie…

• Cavin Hawkins

★★½ Watched by Cavin Hawkins 05 Apr, 2016

A decer-than-dec letdown. The animation is beautiful, and I actually think the first half has some solid world-building. As the story progresses, though, I get the feeling that the filmmakers had a general idea of events that would take place, but didn't bother to come up with a fluid story surrounding those events. It also doesn't help that the characters are really lacking in depth and development. So ya, it's pretty to look at, but also pretty mindless.

• Mackenziemovies

★★★★½ Watched by Mackenziemovies 04 Apr, 2016

4.3/5
    This film has really pretty animation. The music is amazing. I would highly recommend this film.

• Ada Nita

★★★★ Added by Ada Nita

Great music, sweet interesting story, another Ghibli masterpiece.