• Simon Harris

★★★½ Watched by Simon Harris 13 Oct, 2015

Because it is a gorgeous film set in a wonderful world. As all Ghibli productions it is very high quality, and has an original feel to it. Cute, warm and a bit thought provoking.

Maybe not thought provoking enough. The movie doesn't give that much of a feeling of something grander, and isn't as double-layered as some of the best Ghibli ones are. (Sure, it does get you thinking about what we as…

• Frank Volk

★★★½ Watched by Frank Volk 10 Oct, 2015

Ugh. Ghibli films always have me so conflicted afterwards. The aspects of this film done well were outstanding, and the aspects I didn't like really undercut the experience.

The big ups are obvious: Beautifully animated, stunningly sound editing, lovable main characters- blah blah blah, you know all this. The biggest downer on the film was the motiveless, completely flat, shoehorned antagonist that absolutely did not belong in this film, and actively leeched this film's greatness. There were other things that bothered me, like plot conveniences in characters hearing other characters, but it's not a big deal.

• Craig

★★★ Watched by Craig 10 Oct, 2015

As you would expect from Studio Ghibli the film is beautifully animated, however it lacks the energy of Spirited Away and the whimsy of My Neighbor Totoro.

• Sally_Green

★★★★★ Watched by Sally_Green 05 Oct, 2015

Studio Ghibli siempre me saca una lagrimita feliz, nunca me decepciona.

• ganapathiraman

★★★★★ Watched by ganapathiraman 29 Sep, 2015

spellbound.... wonderful....

★★★★★ Watched by THIRUMALAI 25 Sep, 2015

wow,,,,, what a film, this film taken into my childhood days.my inner childishness came out....highly recommended.

• Carl

★★★½ Watched by Carl 19 Sep, 2015

I was wanting to explore more of Studio Ghibli beyond Hayao Miyazaki, and I had this movie in my mind for a while, for whatever reason. Didn’t know what this was about, or what to expect, I only saw the poster and the imdb rating, and thought that it looked interesting. Maybe dealing with some type of fairy or something or some other small little creature dealing with adventure. But other than that, didn’t know what I was in store…

• Henry Chivers

★★★½ Watched by Henry Chivers 15 Sep, 2015

A wonderful film with outstanding animation.

• Bob Cashill

★★★★ Watched by Bob Cashill 13 Sep, 2015

Restarting my kids' interest in Studio Ghibli movies with one we hadn't seen, an adaptation of THE BORROWERS. It worked,

• David Sprickman

★★★½ Watched by David Sprickman 12 Sep, 2015

About as close to a happy ending as Miyazaki is going to give you. I really wanted one big happy family at the end.

• David Peddicord

★★★★ Added by David Peddicord

Simply beautiful. A gentle (and superior) retelling of "The Borrowers" with low conflict and high emotional stakes. It feels like the theme of awaiting extinction would be better communicated if the film weren't so damn gorgeous, however, this is a Ghibli film and that means thoughtful introspection (usually involving youth). Like sitting on a park bench, that focus brings alive the smallest details: lady bugs, ivy, the unknowable movement of water and daylight. Bitter sweet is the goal of Arrietty and it nails it like a champ. A must see.

• Bramaster

★★★ Watched by Bramaster 18 Aug, 2015

I think it would be fine if this movie remained a secret to me.

I dunno. Is there something wrong with me? I thought this was fine, but not amazing or anything.

The animation is pretty.

The lead from Good Luck Charlie does the voice here for the American version, along with Amy Pohler and Will Arnett. I don't know what it was, but it all just felt a bit off.

There's just slightly weird thinks that don't connect with…