• Ross Whyte

★★★★★ Watched by Ross Whyte 25 Jan, 2016

Arrietty, a stunningly beautiful retelling of The Borrowers finds adventure in the most unlikely places. A kitchen becomes a canyon to swing through, a sugar cube becomes a treasure chest to haul, a discarded pin becomes a trusty sword.

Coupled with the sublime sound design, the entire world built around the borrowers feels majestic in every way. I don't expect anything less from Ghibli, but I adored every gorgeous second.

• BDT87

Added by BDT87

The UK dub is better than the US dub. But I would recommend watching it in it's original language.

• Evertom BlaK

★★★★ Watched by Evertom BlaK 19 Jan, 2016

Embora tenha tido alguma participação como escritor, este filme mostra que o estúdio Ghibli mantem o alto nível mesmo sem Miyazaki na direção. Assim como a Disney, o estúdio Ghibli consegue contar uma história que a primeira impressão parece simples, e cheia de clichês, de uma forma prazerosa de assistir! Uma animação que tem um resultado bom de apreciar, seja sozinho ou em família, adulto ou criança. Uma ventura, riquíssima em detalhes, com personagens cativantes, sempre com uma boa lição por trás. Recomendo!

• Jovica

★★★★ Watched by Jovica 15 Jan, 2016

Simple and beautiful... Another winner from Studio Ghibli.

81/100

• Boone Bolinder

★★★★½ Watched by Boone Bolinder 03 Jan, 2016

Having grown up watching the Borrowers with John Goodman, this is the movie that kids should see about the little people that share their home. It just gets right the magic of childhood where new and different things are to be embraced and nurtured rather than feared and crushed out of existence, I absolutely love the way that Ghibli films give my daughter characters to relate to that aren't overly dramatic or defiant (unlike the classic disney movies). I'm excited to revisit it another day.

• Jack_Dracula

★★★★★ Watched by Jack_Dracula 12 Jan, 2016

As with all Ghibli movies, the most effective word to describe this is majestic. I have a really difficult time watching kid friendly movies but Arietty is a captivating and fantastical tale that manages to capture the adult imagination as well as children's. For any fans of eastern or western animation this is a no-brainer. Five sugar cubes out of five.

• renatasantosx

★★★★ Added by renatasantosx

''visualmente falando'' é excelente

• renatasantosx

★★★★ Added by renatasantosx

''visualmente falando'' é excelente

• inemeraldink

★★★★★ Watched by inemeraldink 27 Dec, 2015

I was completely entranced. Cried at the end

• Andrew Willis

★★★ Watched by Andrew Willis 02 Jan, 2016 2

It's a hard word for small things.

This is a sweet and simple fantasy tale about tiny people that live beneath the floor of a home. They survive by “borrowing” from the humans things like sugar and tissues. Basically things that humans will not miss if one goes missing. One of the cardinal sins would be communicating with humans. They fear humans, and if contact is made, they must relocate for their safety.

One day, a sickly boy visits his…

• georgea119

★★★★ Watched by georgea119 24 Dec, 2015

Studio Ghibli delivers as always, a fantastic take on the classic British story of The Borrowers. You'd be hard pushed to find a better looking movie with an incredible soundtrack to suit. A pleasure to watch.

My only complaint is the film falls a little flat at times due to a mediocre english dubbing of the character Shawn.

• phil haigh

★★ Watched by phil haigh 23 Dec, 2015

Only my third Ghibli. They still remind me of early 1970s imported cartoons like Marine Boy. Beautifully drawn.