• Vladimir .

★★★★½ Watched by Vladimir . 21 Sep, 2014

Wonderful .

• radiomanhead

★★★★★ Added by radiomanhead

Me ha encantando, de mis favoritas del año 2010 junto a "Senna" (aunque me faltan por ver algunas), creo que Hiromasa Yonebayashi ha demostrado ser una alumno aventajado de Miyazaki y ha creado una historia mágica y entretenida, tal vez haya extrañado un poco a la música de Joe Hisaishi pero la Banda Sonora Original que acompaña a este filme también esta mas que aceptable.

Con el patinazo de Pixar con "Cars 2" y las nimiedades presentadas en el cine…

• Simon Potvin

★★★★ Watched by Simon Potvin 17 Sep, 2014

Synopsis

Sho (Ryunosuke Kamiki) arrives at the home of his great aunt Sadako (Keiko Takeshita). He suffers from some sort of illness that isn't really made clear. He's to stay with his great aunt Sadako and her maid Haru (Kirin Kiki) to rest and to certainly not exert himself. Sho sees a tiny little figure run to a vent in the house but dismisses it as impossible. The figure is in fact Arrietty (Mirai Shida), the daughter in a family…

• Gavin Rye

★★★ Watched by Gavin Rye 16 Sep, 2014

Arriety is maybe the weakest of the Ghibli films that I have seen so far, but it still holds a lot of the charm of the companies films. I've always loved the little details in these films and this one has that going for it too. I particularly liked the way the water appeared as droplets for the borrowers as it would do with them being so small. Most films would have the water pouring just normally but I loved…

• alphonse

★★★★½ Watched by alphonse 08 Sep, 2014 2

In the suburbs of Tokyo, under the floorboards of an old house, Arrietty, one of the last Borrowers alive, lives in her tiny world with her family, doing everything to keep the secret of her existence. However, when a young man begins living in the house, the little Arietty believes that she can maintain a friendship with him, despite the difference of sizes.

Hiromasa Yonebayashi's first film is centered on a family of Borrowers who will try to do anything…

• Audrey Karloff

★★★★ Watched by Audrey Karloff 30 Aug, 2014

I'm not saying this is the best Ghibli film (it's currently my #6), but I think Arrietty herself might be my favorite Ghibli character, with all apologies to Sophie. Also, it's certainly true that this one has better music than any of the others; I might go see if the soundtrack is available, which is something I've never considered with any of the others. And even though Miyazaki didn't draw it, it's utterly gorgeous.

I'm completely in love with this one, as I am with all of the studio's best work.

• sho_chan0319

★★½ Rewatched by sho_chan0319 23 Feb, 2012

I had too much high expectations for this movie. I knew Hayao Miyazaki wasn't in charge of this particular Ghibli film but I was still expecting more. Still I had a good time watching it but hard for me to recommend this over the other Ghibli films.

• Windyblue

★★ Added by Windyblue

Definitely not my favorite Ghibli/Miyazaki film, owing to it's uncharacteristic lack of magic, morphing and monsters. The voices all made me cringe - they're exactly as terrible as Kiki's Delivery Service or Sailor Moon. Just hysterical shrieking anywhere there should be talking.

• MovieMan995

★★★★ Added by MovieMan995

Another winner from Studio Ghibli. This adaptation of Mary Norton's Borrowers series is a loose adaptation of her novels but what is done with it is an entertaining translation of her adventures with extremely beautiful and detailed animation and a good story. The film also features a nice Morricone-esque score and is well-mixed, as with other Ghibli productions. The voice casting is also very good, highlights including Bridgit Mendler in the title role, Will Arnett going against type playing the Harrison Ford-like Pod and Carroll Burnett as the film's villain, Ms. Hara.

If you love Studio Ghibli, it's right up your alley.

• Ryan Bruce

★★★★ Watched by Ryan Bruce 20 Jul, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Jamie

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jamie 21 Jul, 2014

Some of the detail I caught this time round is astonishing. I love the stamps on the wall for pictures, the knight chess piece in the wall as a statue and the watch from a wrist watch on the wall for their clock--plus so much more! This film's detail is just fantastic!

• Ben Ace

★★★★ Watched by Ben Ace 21 Jul, 2014

The Secret World of Arrietty is a very enjoyable movie that fully realizes the idea of smaller people living within our world. It's cute, clever, and quite beautiful with lots of attention to detail and a simple yet sweet story.