• Lino

Ήταν υπέροχο.

• cineedo
  • Meronichan

★★★½ Added by Meronichan

A cute picture, but nothing groundbreaking. The animation is gorgeous a la Ghibli, so that's always a plus. The plot is based on a novel, and I'm always weary of interpretations, but it translates well enough into film.

• Eric

★★★★½ Watched by Eric 20 Feb, 2012

It is startling to watch the latest import from Studio Ghibli in an American multiplex. Prior to the feature, one is bombarded with trailer after trailer of children’s fare, often riddled with the same lame jokes, pop culture references, and a homogenized style of computer animation. Conversely, the calm serenity with which fantasy is treated in Ghibli’s best work – take, for instance, that magical sequence when Totoro appears at the bus station – sets an enchanting pace that caters…

• ademption

★★★ Watched by ademption 05 Jan, 2014

I was offended by the Disney English dubbing. During a conversation between Sho and Arrietty, in Japanese and in the English subtitles, the characters discuss the extinction of animal species and the changing of the environment due to human over population. In the English dub, this conversation is replaced with a discussion about the characters' feelings upon meeting one another. Not the same, not even excusable as a well-meaning but botched translation.

• Daniel Lentini

★★ Watched by Daniel Lentini 26 Mar, 2014

Beautiful to look at, horrible to watch. The pacing of this movie is atrociously slow while and its story extremely basic and uninteresting.

• Jesse

★★★★★ Watched by Jesse 25 Mar, 2014

Mooie film, erg mooi geanimeerd. Hoewel het in een 'normale wereld' afspeelt komt het toch over als een magische omgeving. Het eind dat ik de hele film dacht aan te voelen komen, werd het dus niet. Mooi hoe studio Ghibli een dubbel gevoel mee geeft aan eind van film.

• amiladm

★★★★ Watched by amiladm 21 Mar, 2013

Incredibly detailed, nice looking non 3D animation with a well developed, child friendly story line.
    Love the fact that my small daughter loves it.

• kylegarvey

★½ Added by kylegarvey

Twee, bland, a big Ghibli misfire. The story's typical enough to be stale, yet atypical enough to still be draggy and weird and boring. The tone is just as twee as the tinkly little folk tunes throughout (flute, harp, fiddle) from passable Breton singer Cécile Corbel. The US dub is as mediocre as dubs usually are, but the famous names in it -- Will Arnett, Amy Poehler, Carol Burnett -- sound unusually coarse and dumb. PONYO and the previous Ghibli films were nice, but ARRIETTY is pretty bad.

• Jonny G

★★★★ Watched by Jonny G 13 Mar, 2014

New Years Resolution See 700 Films in 2014 (At Least 400 Must Be New)
    Film 110 out of 700
    *New*

After watching "The Wind Rises" and being extremely disappointed I felt the need to watch a Studio Ghibli film that gave me the same feeling that "Kik's Delivery Service" and "My Neighbor Totoro" did when I was a kid.

This film doesn't deliver all of that magic that those other two films gave me but it reminded me that I…

• Max

★★★★ Watched by Max 07 Mar, 2014

The Secret World of Arrietty is a simple, but pleasing anime from Studio Ghibli. The story is about four-inch people known as The Clock Family who live anomalously below a house and borrow everyday items in order to survive. However, the family face some difficulties once the 14-year old daughter, Arrietty is discovered. All-round, the film is delightful. The gorgeous animation crafts some stunning imagery and its story provides plenty of charm and adventure throughout. Studio Ghibli's film-making is top-notch…

• NedNight

★★ Added by NedNight

I was expecting some magic this being a Studio Ghibli film. It is however workmanlike and boring compared to their other films. I only got a glimpse of what it could have been right at the end when the family ride a tea kettle in a stream.