• Yumin Ha

★★★★½ Watched by Di Kuchiki 12 Apr, 2015

Totes aborbs

• Luke Compton

★½ Added by Luke Compton 3

Nope, sorry, this film wasn't very good.
    It wasn't charming, endearing or emotionally engaging.
    Studio Ghibli is very hit and miss with me. This just didn't do anything for me.
    The characters were just annoying and the narrative events were just not engaging.
    I didn't care what happened to people and the emotional twists did absolutely nothing.
    I watched a 5 minute short film before and cried because I was invested. This film couldn't do that at all in 70 minutes. It tried lazily to do so though.
    I don't get the love for it. It pales in comparison to My Neighbour Totoro.

• Luke Compton

★½ Added by Luke Compton

This is the closest I'll ever come to switching off a film without actually doing so.
    I have 40 minutes left and this film is killing me. My veins are pulsating with frustration.
    Over half of the Ghibli films really don't do anything for me.

• David Gutierrez

★★★★½ Added by David Gutierrez

I'm surprised how ignored Arrietty was by its release. It's one of the best, most touching and magical movies by Studio Ghibi (of course below Spirited Away and Totoro), with a great detailed scenario, gorgeous animation, beautiful and maching music and an amazing opening. It's also very, very cute and a near-masterpiece overall.

• Tommy Howlett

★★★ Watched by Tommy Howlett 20 Apr, 2015

It was alright. Safe, but unfortunate. I really liked the concept and the execution of the little people's lives were almost exquisite, with beautifully crafted artwork and lively animation. It felt more, 'Disney', than the rest of the Ghibli works plot-wise, but I don't think that's a bad thing. It was fitting for the concept, but alas the film didn't explore the concept far enough to make me care entirely about the individuals. The setting was definitely interesting, the story…

• CinemaClown

★★★★½ Watched by CinemaClown 17 Apr, 2015 10

Affectionately crafted, mesmerisingly told & gorgeously photographed, The Secret World of Arrietty (simply known as Arrietty) is the best Studio Ghibli feature-length film that wasn't directed by Hayao Miyazaki. An extremely underrated masterwork of staggering beauty, it is undoubtedly one of the most enchanting works of animation to surface on the film canvas.

Based on the children's book The Borrowers by Mary Norton, the story of Arrietty concerns its titular character & her family; a group of tiny people on the brink…

• Frances McGouran

★★★ Added by Frances McGouran

Beautiful film and music, not one of my favourite Studio Ghilbi films as I felt it took a while to get into. Still very cute.

• Adam AG

★★ Watched by Adam AG 10 Apr, 2015 2

There's a pretty identifiable trend between the quality of Ghibli films and adaptations of Western books. Arrietty is an adaptation of The Borrowers, and is the most commercially successful original anime film within the USA, largely in part to a strong promotional push on Disney's part at the time. However, the studio's visual flair and creative spark has been lost in a setting you'd think ideal for Ghibli to bring to life. The subtleties within their animation they are known…

• Clara Alfonsín

★★★★★ Added by Clara Alfonsín

Una película del Estudio Ghibli. No hace falta decir mucho más.
    Esta película al igual que todas las que salen de ahí es una pura maravilla. Ya es una de mis favoritas.
    La historia es preciosa, y los personajes como siempre te acabas enamorando completamente de ellos. Los dibujos siguen el estilo de muchas de las películas de esta firma.
    Y como siempre enviando un gran mensaje, sobre cuidar la naturaleza y respetar a las criaturas que viven en ella.…

• Reece Leonard

★★★★ Added by Reece Leonard

Another winner from Studio Ghibli, "Arrietty" is tons of fun, featuring an excellent english dub.

• Héctor Ramos

★★★★ Watched by Héctor Ramos 07 Apr, 2015

Una historia muy tierna, los trazos y el diseño de escenarios son fantásticos y la música igual. Al final querras saber más de los personajes.