• Justin Willis

★★★ Watched by Justin Willis 01 Mar, 2015

It was a gorgeous movie. The animation style used here was beautiful to look at. The world building was excellent, especially the borrowers items and house. The plot was a little thin, but the characters mostly made up for it. The main antagonist was horribly executed. Many of her actions left me bewildered and I felt the screenwriters simply used her to add more to the plot. I liked the theme of courage and growing up that we see through both the leads. The soundtrack and effects were top notch aswell.

• Dreception

★★½ Watched by Dreception 01 Mar, 2015

It was pretty alright. Nothing special in my opinion. The concept, or the places the story went, weren't really that original or fresh. So this is is just okay. I liked the voice acting though.

• James Gorton

★★★★ Rewatched by James Gorton 01 Mar, 2015

Arrietty's beauty lies in it's restraint, with fantasy elements being wonderfully grounded whilst Ghibli's animation transforms the mundane into the magical.

• grssants

★★★★ Added by grssants

A beautiful and delicate film that shows again why Studio Ghibli's definitive closure would be a colossal loss to Cinema.

• Lucas

★★★★½ Rewatched by Lucas 17 Feb, 2015

Studio Ghibli has taken a great story from my childhood and make such a fantastic film. Clearly they are visionaries and each film is a treasure and a masterpiece, these a films for the whole family to sit back and watch.

• Patrick

★★★½ Watched by Patrick 13 Feb, 2015

Really great, but also oddly depressing in a few scenes.

• Iestyn Lloyd

★★★ Watched by Iestyn Lloyd 15 Feb, 2015

Although this was nice in a Studio Ghibli kind of way, I enjoyed the 1997, The Borrowers, version of this story much more.

• ATU0

★★★★ Watched by ATU0 06 Feb, 2015

Right in the kokoro. Cécile Corbel certainly did help.

• Joel Lake

★★★½ Watched by Joel Lake 31 Dec, 2014

One of the best looking animated films as the animation style of Studio Ghibli is on full display here, but the story doesn't have that depth of either character or plot that made films such as Grave of the Fireflies or My Neighbor Totoro so impactful. The characters bring a lot of heart to the film and the world of Arrietty feels like a magical place to get lost in.
    The Disney version with an all cast voice acting re-dubbing…

• Noyer

★★★★ Watched by Noyer 01 Feb, 2015 4

A good natured and bitter sweet adaptation of The Borrowers.

• dng

★★★★★ Rewatched by dng 01 Feb, 2015

One day soon I might be allowed to stop watching this.

• Joshua Correll

★★★★ Watched by Joshua Correll 25 Jan, 2015

A wonderful adventure film with beautiful animation, excellent sound design, and a movingly sweet story.