• foxfragaria

★★★★ Rewatched by foxfragaria 27 Jan, 2016

Tagad, kad Greisa Kodingtone ir atstājusi Vogue, noskatījos filmu ar jaunu interesi. Visaizraujošākās bija ainas, kur Vintūra cenšas neizrādīt neērtības izjūtu par Kodingtones regulēšanu. Kā dresētājs, kurš zina, ka zvērs vienā jaukā dienā var ņemt un pārgrauzt rīkli. Gigi. Kopumā - labs ieskats šajā specifiskajā cilvēku darbības veidā (modes žurnālu radīšanā).

• Crystal

★★★★ Watched by Crystal 11 Nov, 2010

Fascinating, engaging and informative.

• Owen Greenwell

★★★½ Watched by Owen Greenwell 25 Jan, 2010

Interesting fly on the wall doc.

• AbdF

★★½ Added by AbdF 1

This movie was recommended to me by a friend but I thought Dior et Moi was much more exciting, surprising and interesting. The September Issue felt more like an elongated reality TV show to me.. If you like office back-biting politics, you'll be into it but, honestly - I yawned where I wanted to swoon.

• Am Y

★★★½ Added by Am Y

A must-see for any fashion girl. We are taken into the everyday office lives of Anna Wintour and her 2nd-in-command Grace Coddington, leading up to the publication of their biggest ever Vogue issue. I'd always wondered how accurately The Devil Wears Prada portrayed Wintour; watching this I now have a better idea!

• Bella Donna

★★★★ Rewatched by Bella Donna 20 Oct, 2015

Don't be too nice, not even to me, because you'll lose

• Melody

★★★ Watched by Melody 29 Sep, 2015

I'll be honest I was very surprised how much I warmed to this. This isn't my world at all, and I don't even know why anyone would think it had any depth worthy of a documentary (or why I would watch it - continued attempt at MUBI completism, if you're wondering) and the very first scene of Anna Wintour on full defence ("boo-hoo it's very easy to mock this world" *wipes eyes with hundred dollar bills* "but bahah that means…

• Alister Burton

★★½ Watched by Alister Burton 20 Sep, 2015

About as superficial as its subject, The September Issue doesn't do anything to dispel the perception of the fashion industry as a vacuous endeavour that places style way above substance.

• Jesse Volk

★★★★★ Watched by Jesse Volk 18 Aug, 2015

Brilliant + Inspiring.

The creativity that goes into VOGUE is displayed in this in-depth look at the company and its moguel Anna Wintour. I was inspired by not only the fashion and photography, but also the editing and the precision that goes into this world. It truly is a business that has to evolve and Wintour is one of fashions most progressive icons in the fashion world.

Watch this brilliant documentary and be prepared to be inspired and enveloped.

• Kimberley Santos

★★½ Watched by Kimberley Santos 16 Aug, 2015

Fascinating insight, but of course it would be incredibly edited; I mean how fearful would her staff have to be in terms of the way they talk about her after every cut she makes? Every decision? I still feel like I don't really know what made her the power house that she is after seeing this.

• Alice

★★★★½ Watched by Alice 15 Aug, 2015

This film is less about the fashion, less about the issue and more about the people behind it all.

• Gus Braidotti

★★★½ Watched by Gus Braidotti 08 Aug, 2015

Anna Wintour is such a fascinating woman, so powerful and hence talented. What a crazy industry.