• Sabela La

★★★ Watched by Sabela La 21 Oct, 2014

'The September Issue' sólo me ha hecho reafirmarme todavía más en la idea de que la verdadera mente maestra de Vogue no es Anna Wintour sino Grace Coddington.

Anna no crea nada, sólo se dedica a vetar el trabajo de los demás con cara de estirada sin ningún tipo de criterio -o al menos esto es lo que muestra este documental-. Y mientras tanto, Grace desarrolla prácticamente todo el proceso creativo que lleva a Vogue a ser lo que es,…

• Alice Souza

★★★★ Watched by Alice Souza 15 Oct, 2014

The Wintour-Coddington dynamic is very interesting.

• Kristel

★★★★ Added by Kristel

Surprisingly fascinating. It showed as much of Anna Wintour's neuroses as her freakish drive and will, which I appreciated. Grace Coddington is the star of this movie, though. It's so hilarious to me that that much discussed Vogue issue came out sort of meh.

• Jantine Zandbergen

★★★½ Watched by Jantine Zandbergen 24 Sep, 2014

'The September Issue' claims to be an insight on the creation of the 2007 September issue of iconic fashion magazine Vogue. In that perspective this documentary doesn't really deliver: we hear a lot of people talking about their work but don't actually see what goes into creating such an issue. However, the film does deliver when it comes to sharing a bit more about Vogue's mysterious leading lady, Anna Wintour. I really enjoyed watching how everybody responds to her, especially…

• Lizzie Mackarel

★★★½ Watched by Lizzie Mackarel 29 Aug, 2014

All I want in the world is for Anna Wintour to let Meryl Streep edit an issue of Vogue in character as Miranda Priestly from The Devil Wears Prada.

• dr_exploitation

★★★ Watched by dr_exploitation 09 Nov, 2009

Estoril Film Festival '09
    5 a 14 de Novembro 2009
    Centro de Congressos

• David González

★★★★½ Watched by David González 17 Jul, 2014

Retrata muy bien todo el genio y todo el inmenso ridículo del mundo de la moda, y Anna Wintour y Grace Coddington son unos personajazos.

• Elsa López

★★★★½ Added by Elsa López

77. Ah, ah, ah, qué belleza. Al ser parte de Condé Nast, siempre escuchas cosas muy tenebrosas con las revistas hermanas internacionales, pero fue un placer ver que sí, hay personas bien intensas (no por nada se convierten en las más importantes de Estados Unidos), pero también ves gente que ama su trabajo y (haciendo una comparación rara), así como cuando te dicen en filosofía que siempre vamos a regresar a los griegos, los buenos editores siempre regresan a sus…

• David González

★★★★½ Added by David González

• Haley

★★★½ Watched by Haley 08 Jul, 2014

Wintour is coming. (NOT SORRY, NERDS.)

I love the sharp and starched feel presented in this documentary of what it is like to be a key figure in the fashion industry. This doc is more reactive of what it is like to work under Anna Wintour rather than her own perspective of the shadow she casts, but it gives us a glimpse into this crazy and sometimes one dimensional world. I really admire how cool under pressure she is. Nothing shakes her. It's so great.

• landskip

★★★½ Watched by landskip 07 May, 2014

This close-up on Anna Wintour and her creative team at Vogue magazine is smart, engaging, dramatic, and funny. As you'd expect, the cast is dramatic, from expressionless and terrifying Wintour (we do see her smile quite a lot during interview portions, but never when she's at work) to her likeable creative director of twenty years Grace Coddington, her pretty daughter Bee (who declares fashion silly), her theatrical columnist André Leon Talley (a black giant in silk robes), and various photographers,…

• Suzanne Moses

★★★★ Added by Suzanne Moses

Surprisingly fascinating. I was afraid it would be too much fashion for me, but it's got enough publishing trivia to keep my interest.