• Mi N.

Watched by Mi N. 24 Mar, 2015

"IT'S A FAMINE OF BEAUTY, HONEY! MY EYES ARE STARVING FOR BEAUTY!"

ALT is an icon tbh

• Tanuja

★★★★ Rewatched by Tanuja 12 Mar, 2015

Splendid study of the forces and passion behind vogue. It’s a film about two women who made their fantasies a reality and, in a world where fantasy now translates as Transformers and Hobbits, such a modest but significant achievement can only be applauded. Fashion is traditionally a subject for scorn, and anyone who takes it seriously is mostly deemed to be pretentious, superficial or both. Cutler however, throws such preconceptions out of the window. Ostensibly a fly-on-the-wall study of the…

• Noetic Hatter

★★★★ Watched by Noetic Hatter 06 Mar, 2015

Okay, let's trace this path, shall we? Lately, I have been super-obsessed with Taylor Swift. Of course, she led me to the luminous is-she-or-isn't-she-TSwizzle's-lover Karlie Kloss, and now I am all kinds of in love with Karlie, too. (Have you seen these two angels together? Le sigh.)

In searching for Karlie videos, I ended up watching and really enjoying some of the 2015 runway shows. (Seriously, if you follow the youtube comments, it's like a sport. Everyone has their favorite…

• Salina

★★★★ Watched by Salina 27 Feb, 2015

It was a given that being THE editor-in-chief of Vogue was hard but this really showcased how difficult it can be to top every year's September's issue and manage the everyday production in general, what to decline and what to keep seems unnerving.

This documentary gave a great ins and outs leading to the publication of the anticipated September issue and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I really love seeing insights of the fashion world, it seems very different to what is showcased or is imagined. On a side note, Grace's creative visions are really exquisite aren't they.

• Arada

★★★★ Watched by Arada 18 Dec, 2014

Grace Coddington is the star here...her shoots were amazing!

• Sabela La

★★★ Watched by Sabela La 21 Oct, 2014

'The September Issue' sólo me ha hecho reafirmarme todavía más en la idea de que la verdadera mente maestra de Vogue no es Anna Wintour sino Grace Coddington.

Anna no crea nada, sólo se dedica a vetar el trabajo de los demás con cara de estirada sin ningún tipo de criterio -o al menos esto es lo que muestra este documental-. Y mientras tanto, Grace desarrolla prácticamente todo el proceso creativo que lleva a Vogue a ser lo que es,…

• Alice Souza

★★★★ Watched by Alice Souza 15 Oct, 2014

The Wintour-Coddington dynamic is very interesting.

• Kristel

★★★★ Added by Kristel

Surprisingly fascinating. It showed as much of Anna Wintour's neuroses as her freakish drive and will, which I appreciated. Grace Coddington is the star of this movie, though. It's so hilarious to me that that much discussed Vogue issue came out sort of meh.

• Jantine Zandbergen

★★★½ Watched by Jantine Zandbergen 24 Sep, 2014

'The September Issue' claims to be an insight on the creation of the 2007 September issue of iconic fashion magazine Vogue. In that perspective this documentary doesn't really deliver: we hear a lot of people talking about their work but don't actually see what goes into creating such an issue. However, the film does deliver when it comes to sharing a bit more about Vogue's mysterious leading lady, Anna Wintour. I really enjoyed watching how everybody responds to her, especially…

• Lizzie Mackarel

★★★½ Watched by Lizzie Mackarel 29 Aug, 2014

All I want in the world is for Anna Wintour to let Meryl Streep edit an issue of Vogue in character as Miranda Priestly from The Devil Wears Prada.

• dr_exploitation

★★★ Watched by dr_exploitation 09 Nov, 2009

Estoril Film Festival '09
    5 a 14 de Novembro 2009
    Centro de Congressos

• David González

★★★★½ Watched by David González 17 Jul, 2014

Retrata muy bien todo el genio y todo el inmenso ridículo del mundo de la moda, y Anna Wintour y Grace Coddington son unos personajazos.