• Melody

★★★ Watched by Melody 29 Sep, 2015

I'll be honest I was very surprised how much I warmed to this. This isn't my world at all, and I don't even know why anyone would think it had any depth worthy of a documentary (or why I would watch it - continued attempt at MUBI completism, if you're wondering) and the very first scene of Anna Wintour on full defence ("boo-hoo it's very easy to mock this world" *wipes eyes with hundred dollar bills* "but bahah that means…

• Alister Burton

★★½ Watched by Alister Burton 20 Sep, 2015

About as superficial as its subject, The September Issue doesn't do anything to dispel the perception of the fashion industry as a vacuous endeavour that places style way above substance.

• Jesse Volk

★★★★★ Watched by Jesse Volk 18 Aug, 2015

Brilliant + Inspiring.

The creativity that goes into VOGUE is displayed in this in-depth look at the company and its moguel Anna Wintour. I was inspired by not only the fashion and photography, but also the editing and the precision that goes into this world. It truly is a business that has to evolve and Wintour is one of fashions most progressive icons in the fashion world.

Watch this brilliant documentary and be prepared to be inspired and enveloped.

• Kimberley Santos

★★½ Watched by Kimberley Santos 16 Aug, 2015

Fascinating insight, but of course it would be incredibly edited; I mean how fearful would her staff have to be in terms of the way they talk about her after every cut she makes? Every decision? I still feel like I don't really know what made her the power house that she is after seeing this.

• Alice Byford

★★★★½ Watched by Alice Byford 15 Aug, 2015

This film is less about the fashion, less about the issue and more about the people behind it all.

• Gus Braidotti

★★★½ Watched by Gus Braidotti 08 Aug, 2015

Anna Wintour is such a fascinating woman, so powerful and hence talented. What a crazy industry.

• Jane Firehorse

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jane Firehorse 04 Aug, 2015

The first time I watched "The September Issue" I fell even more in love with Grace Coddington (if that's possible) - total. utter. girl crush. ^_^

I knew of her already, since I follow fashion rather closely (full disclosure: I worked in the industry for 13 years and for 10 of those years I collected every issue of American "Vogue" and many British editions as well). I already owned a copy of Grace's "Catwalk Cats", so I knew she was…

• pao

★★★ Watched by pao 25 Jul, 2015

Una fangirl más para Grace Coddington

• FilmDoo

Added by FilmDoo

For the first time in forever, the fashion bible of America opens its doors for strangers. But don’t count too much on penetrating the secrets of its mistress, Anna Wintour, with work ethics of a Spartan and reputation of a devil (that one who wears Prada).

The September Issue is an American documentary film on the largest issue of a magazine in history of publishing, that is, American Vogue in September 2007 (a record beat in 2012 by US Vogue).…

• connie

★★★★ Watched by connie 26 Jun, 2015

stars in my eyes at anna

• Blaise Astra

★★★★ Rewatched by Blaise Astra 27 May, 2015

A cinema verite look behind the scenes at Vogue magazine. When I learned this was directed by the same person who made The War Room, I wasn't the least bit surprised, as this is basically the "war room" of fashion. It's marvelous to see the mysterious and aloof Anna Wintour actually open up a tiny bit (emphasis on TINY), and her relationship with Grace Coddington (the real star of the film, to me, and apparently the real eye behind most…

• Raph Lumbroso

★★★ Watched by Raph Lumbroso 23 May, 2015 1

Insightful and interesting to those already interested, if a little perfunctory.