• Matt

★½ Watched by Matt 03 Oct, 2015

I liked the twist, then it twisted again.

• Han Solo

★★★★ Watched by Han Solo 03 Oct, 2015

I wasn't expecting this at all. Well shot and well acted. Was very impressed with Jessica Biel in this.

Shocktober V

• Freddie Young

★★★½ Watched by Freddie Young 24 Sep, 2015

THE TALL MAN is a film you end up going into one way, exiting the total opposite way wondering how you got it so wrong. While not perfect due to twists that seem to bog down the story more than they do to explain it, Pascal Laugier's script is at least ambitious and intriguing enough to see where it all ends up. Laugier's direction is also extremely solid, giving the film a bleak, cold atmosphere. And the acting, especially by…

• Alex Aloise

★★ Added by Alex Aloise

A Review Haiku

Dear Mr. Tallman
    Stop taking all the children
    Just bring sexy back

• tobe_whooper

★★★ Watched by tobe_whooper 22 Sep, 2015

This could have been a really good movie if it were better executed. The core concept is intriguing and the story is well told. Sadly, it promises thrills it never delivers, the acting is hit and miss, and the dialogue and character actions are pretty implausible. It redeems itself with a pretty great ending though.

Cf. Winter's Bone

• Paul Scott

Watched by Paul Scott 21 Sep, 2015

Boring flick with a pale skinned Jessica Biel. Not much in the way of horror and has a plot I don't necessarily care to learn.

• nathaxn walker

★½ Watched by nathaxn walker 16 Sep, 2015

For the first half to two-thirds of this film, I was onboard with it pretty much whole-heartedly. I thought it was a more evenly thought-out and directed film than 'Martyrs', certainly more beautiful in cinematography and set design. The principal actors are great, Jessica Biel especially does an excellent job. This is not a horror movie in any sense, but borrows tones and elements from dark fairy tales and thriller/suspense in order to construct its narrative. In particular, there are…

• Michael Kastner

★★★ Rewatched by Michael Kastner 14 Sep, 2015

Interessante Prämisse, dichte Atmosphäre und durchaus spannend. Leider macht das Ende einiges kaputt.

• Binder_Palogi

★★★½ Rewatched by Binder_Palogi 09 Sep, 2015

Ich geb's zu, damals im Kino bin ich dem 'Tall Man' auch auf den Leim gegangen, nach 'Martyrs' hatte ich einfach was "anderes" erwartet. Parallelen zwischen den beiden Filmen kann ich jetzt voll und ganz bestätigen. Da ist Zündstoff dahinter und viel Nährboden für Diskussionen.

• Jeffery Middleton

★★★ Rewatched by Jeffery Middleton 08 Sep, 2015

I love getting 10 minutes into a movie & then realizing I've seen it before. fortunately, I didn't totally remember this one so the sweet twists still had their effect.

• JC Shaffer

★★★½ Added by JC Shaffer

Maybe the best performance of Jessica Birl's career. The movie itself is odd and harrowing in a unique way.

• Rocky Lascio

★★ Watched by Rocky Lascio 01 Sep, 2015

Would have been a lot better if they took the mid-movie twist, and put it at the end and left it at that. After you learn what happened to the kids, it becomes uninteresting and muddy.