• Laris

Watched by Laris 10 Dec, 2014

Thinking about this movie and its twists leaves me completely inarticulate. No idea how to describe it or rate it.

• Chad Snider

★½ Watched by Chad Snider 02 Dec, 2014

Huge mess of a movie.

• Mr. Zero

★★½ Watched by Mr. Zero 11 Nov, 2014

• buckaroo

★★★ Watched by buckaroo 30 Oct, 2014

Wow. This movie was not at all what I was expecting. Twice.

I'm going to have to think about this one for a while to figure out just exactly how I feel about it.

• Peter Stanley

★½ Watched by Peter Stanley 30 Oct, 2014

• Craig Dawson

★★★★ Watched by Craig Dawson 28 Oct, 2014

When her child goes missing, a mother looks to unravel the legend of the Tall Man, an entity who allegedly abducts children.

I remember this got fairly average reviews when it came out a couple of years ago but as an admirer of Martyrs I felt like it was time to check it out. I liked The Tall Man quite a bit, for the first 40 minutes or so the setup is that of a fairy run of the mill…

• imstillakid

★★ Added by imstillakid

I hope that Pascal Laugier doesn't suffer from M. Night Shyamalan-itis because after his Ball-Busting Shocker freshman effort 'Martyrs', this movie was a lacklustre and disappointing follow up. It was about as scary as a Hallmark TV Movie of the week. Although admittedly I liked the eventual ending, I didn't feel that it really succeeded as horror movie especially since I specifically bought this movie because I loved 'Martyrs" and wanted to see Laugier's follow up.

• Robert Jackson

★★ Watched by Robert Jackson 28 Oct, 2014

The plot's a little (let's be honest, a lot) convoluted, and it's not necessarily a "horror" film (I wouldn't even really call it a "thriller") but is an interesting concept. It's like one of those short stories you read where a bunch of stuff just happens and then the final paragraph explains it all away, which is to say: this would have been better as a shorter, single episode of a Twilight Zone style series. I don't think it's something I would watch more than once.

• OtisPGrumble

★★½ Watched by OtisPGrumble 07 Oct, 2014

I think Pascal Laugier is a genuinely fascinating filmmaker.

I was hugely impressed with Martyrs a film that freaked me out and repulsed me in equal measure. No small feat given the amount of horror films I've watched. What really struck me about Martyrs is it's refusal to take the easy road, just when you think you have the measure of it, it takes a left turn and becomes something else.

However, I don't think I'd ever willingly sit through…

• anewchallenger

★★½ Watched by anewchallenger 15 Sep, 2014

Sometimes I liked this, as I got more than what I was expecting. But the delivery of that something more was sort of sloppily handled and ambiguous.

So I don't know, I liked this? I'm better off for watching this, right? Right? Right?

• Hollie Horror

½ Watched by Hollie Horror 13 Sep, 2014 3

• Peter Pluymers

Watched by Peter Pluymers 11 Jan, 2014

The system is broken, it doesn't work.

What a mediocre story ! If you assume that you're going to get some horror then you'll be quite disappointed. The beginning had a little presumption that it goes in that direction. Eventually, we end up in the middle of a story where a moralistic and child-friendly organizations main objective is to improve the world. I saw on IMDb that this film got as labeling the genres crime, drama and mystery . I…