• Sammy Waisanen

★★★ Watched by Sammy Waisanen 28 Feb, 2015

it's not THAT bad..

• Zac Holbrook

Watched by Zac Holbrook 25 Feb, 2015

I really am not a big hater of remakes, but through most of this, I felt like I was watching an SNL parody of The Thing (mainly any scene involving the MacReady rip-off character, you'll know him when you see him).

And fuck CGI. Fuck it all to hell.

I hate this movie. I just hate it.

• pillole di cinema

★★★ Watched by pillole di cinema 19 Feb, 2015

L'inutile prequel de #Lacosa gioca sul facile e almeno non sfigura. Ma ha troppi limiti e il suo rapporto con l'originale è codardo e beota.

• David Steinlicht

★★ Added by David Steinlicht

Too bad about this one. The effects scream CGI. And that may have been the wrong way to go.

• Lyndell Clark

★★★½ Rewatched by Lyndell Clark 13 Feb, 2015

I don't hate this one like many do. I actually liked it but it definitely has some issues. One thing is it's not always sure if it wants to be a prequel or a remake. The parts that make it a prequel I enjoy. Then they have scenes that are too close to the original. Obviously the cgi isn't as good as the great effects of the original. The climax is also not great on the ship. The very end connecting it t the original is great though.

• Gordo

★★½ Watched by Gordo 12 Feb, 2013

Well, I didn't completely hate this, which was shocking to me considering Carpenter's version is one of my favorite movies of all time. They ruined everything about the creature (its desire to stay hidden and anonymous) and a lot of the plot points were stupid but you could kinda tell that there probably was a decent movie in there before the studio fucked it all up. Definitely a failure, but it was still kinda nice just to be back in the neighborhood. Thought Winstead did a pretty good job with what she had to work with.

• Ashley Norris

★★★ Watched by Ashley Norris 27 Jan, 2015

It turns into a standard monster flick that's held back, because John Carpenter's The Thing is a straight up masterpiece.

• Cameron

★★★ Watched by Cameron 10 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Ehh, the people were annoying and the ending was probably the best part but they kinda copy the first movie in the end but in an alright way and the effects were shit. Was sorta spooked, 7/10 spook i'd say. Some stuff is supposed to be unanswered even though this movie brings up more questions like Why didnt the stupid bitch who lived tell anybody about it, maybe i would need to know the timeline. Or why there were 2…

• TichKhan

★½ Watched by TichKhan 08 Feb, 2015

Que rabia que para dos planos de la criatura que no son en GCI sean tan buenos que aún de mas rabia verla en videojuego de PS4.

Floja y generica hasta decir basta.

• Crawlspace Dweller Matt

★★★ Rewatched by Crawlspace Dweller Matt 07 Feb, 2015

#3 of the Snow & Ice Movie Marathon

As a giant fan of Carpenter's The Thing I was obviously looking forward to this prequel that was going to explain the story of that other antarctic station we only saw the aftermath of. A perfect set up for another The Thing movie.
    Upon my first watch I enjoyed it but can't deny I was disappointed.
    I didn't plan on watching it again but I was looking forward to watching Carpenter's film and…

• Chris Alley

Watched by Chris Alley 17 Oct, 2011

Misses the mark trying to recapture the paranoia & thrills of Carpenter's classic. I didn't care about anybody. The end credits did make me smile.

• Montag

★★★½ Watched by Montag 02 Feb, 2015

This movie was pretty decent.It had cool looking creatures, and had me jump a few times.The story for the most part was good.So, over all, pretty good!I must critique a few things though...First of all,I am big into practical effects and this movie had about none.I understand cg is a way cheaper route to go, but when you over use cg it makes your product looks cheap,and Rushed.I am not going to use this movie to vent about my dislike…