• WigHatesMovies

½ Watched by WigHatesMovies 18 Oct, 2011

Better than the original but still shitty.

• SMRIDGLEY74

★½ Watched by SMRIDGLEY74 30 Jan, 2015

I can see what they wanted to do, but cartoon creatures chasing people down corridors and attacking willy nilly, isn't what "The Thing" is about, and it isn't fucking scary. "The Thing" didn't do it at Kurt Russell's camp, so why would it do it here? Carpenters scared the shit out of me and still gives me the chills, but this is was just terrible, lacking in tension or suspense. Another remake, re imagining, what ever, that's crap. One star for making me watch til the end and half for the poster.

• Melli

★★★½ Watched by Melli 28 Jan, 2015

This is a prequel to The Thing (1982) and this one kind of ups the ante. More action for sure, and the makers had a lot of fun with the morphings. From the looks of it mostly CGI with some special effects here and there. Characters weren't interesting like the first, you dont feel like you know them at all. Despite the flaws, it's entertaining at least. You get enough of the gore and scares to keep you in your…

• Monk

★★★★ Watched by Monk 15 Oct, 2011

An awesome homage to a monster alien movie classic. When I first heard about this I thought it was a remake of the original and my first reaction was...oh geez...Hollywood's unoriginal idea remake again??...but then I saw that it was a prequel and I was...omG awesome!!! Anyone who was a fan of the original always thought...so I wonder happened before?? This is an amazing answer to that question. The previews did not do this movie justice. I was afraid I…

• MrMonstrosity

★★ Watched by MrMonstrosity 25 Oct, 2011

This "Thing" doesn't want to show itself.

It wants to hide inside an imitation.

• karl67

★★★ Rewatched by karl67 22 Jan, 2015

I am surprised a lot of people regard this as a sequel , although it is not as good as its namesake this PREQUEL does show some decent thrills and chills.

• Joe

★★ Rewatched by Joe 21 Jan, 2015

Ways to have made this remake/prequel work:

1) Use the practical effects you paid for
    2) Make the entire movie Norwegian
    3) Abandon any and all notions of making this a remake. Stick with your guns on the prequel front.
    4) Give it a unique title with the words "The Thing" in there somehow. It may end up a little hokey but its better than its current state.
    5) Actually write real characters

Pretty much do the opposite of what this movie did.

• Gnske

Added by Gnske

Hopes were never high for a prequel, nonetheless it almost could have been good if it had better actors, kept the good practical effects which they threw out for dreadful CGI and fleshed it out a bit more in some parts.

Instead the Thing 2: The quest for money is just phlegm at best.

• jkolen

★★★ Watched by jkolen 17 Jan, 2015

Well made prequel to the classic Carpenter version of the 1980s.

• sfkb

★★★ Watched by sfkb 18 Jan, 2015

Habe die ganze Zeit vergeblich auf die Szene vom Plakat gewartet.

• Josh Eckert

★★★ Watched by Josh Eckert 09 Jan, 2015

It was a challenge to watch this one without any bias. John Carpenter's 1982 version is not only one of my favorite horror films, but one of my favorite films of all time period. Everything I'd heard about this prequel/remake made me think it was something I'd be better off ignoring entirely, but a friend of mine loaned it to me and insisted I give it a chance. He loves the original as much as I do, so I went…

• Leonardo