• alibrarianslib

★★ Watched by alibrarianslib 20 Apr, 2015 1

Blah. Typical monster movie. Deeks dies. Weird looking alien monster. Never seemed real at all, from the monster to the panic.

• Mike P

Watched by Mike P 01 Feb, 2013

In a very special episode of "What was I thinking?"

• Ian W. Pugh

★★ Rewatched by Ian W. Pugh 18 Apr, 2015

Too consumed with answering questions to justify its movement: "Oh, they didn't want to use the radio before they couldn't. Oh, that Norwegian was the only one couldn't speak English. Oh, the burnt Thing-corpse was once a two-bodied wall-walker." And the real whopper: "Oh, you're filming the climax inside of the spaceship." Hilariously, the driving force behind these blank-fillers--"the very smart and rational American"--is as about as close as you can get to an antithesis of Carpenter's original, and most…

• PatrickRipoll

Added by PatrickRipoll

I got 20 minutes into it. This isn't a review, I haven't seen this, just a place to say that it's amazing how little it takes to become clear that a director has no idea what they're doing. I was kinda with it and then the first alien attack was so incompetently staged and dull that I immediately tuned out.

• Kim Smith

★★★★★ Added by Kim Smith

I loved the original movie. When I saw the advertisements for this, I figured it was just another 80's movie that Hollywood was remaking again. I didn't read any reviews, just went to the theater to see it. Imagine my surprise and delight at the very end :)

• ViolinsByNight

★★★ Added by ViolinsByNight

All things considered, this ain't bad.

• Mareks Smilga

★★★½ Watched by Mareks Smilga 31 Oct, 2011

Lai ko arī daudzi neteiktu, es jauno Radījums versiju izbaudīju kā labu šausmu kino.

• alalchemical

★★★ Watched by alalchemical 23 Mar, 2015

While the 1982 version did shock me, this prequel was just fun to watch and it is not that bad.

• Gimly

★★ Added by Gimly

2011's The Thing is a misleadingly named prequel to John Carpenter's horror film of the same name (which was itself a remake of the 1951 film "The Thing from Another World" by Christian Nyby [Which was itself a film adaptation of the book "Who Goes There" by John W. Campbell]).

I seem to have a natural predisposition to favouring any horror film set in the snow. I also dig Norwegian culture, so forgive my minor bias in those areas. Other…

• StewieP

★★½ Watched by StewieP 07 Mar, 2015

Not horrible, but nowhere near as good as the guys in the commentary make it out to be. They dropped the ball by going with CGI.

I liked the ending, though, and how it ties in with Carpenter's Thing.

• Sammy Waisanen

★★★ Watched by Sammy Waisanen 28 Feb, 2015

it's not THAT bad..

• Zac Holbrook

Watched by Zac Holbrook 25 Feb, 2015

I really am not a big hater of remakes, but through most of this, I felt like I was watching an SNL parody of The Thing (mainly any scene involving the MacReady rip-off character, you'll know him when you see him).

And fuck CGI. Fuck it all to hell.

I hate this movie. I just hate it.