• Brendan Mulchrone

Sorry for giving this a 4.5 the first time... @JakeMueller and @RichieSchumann

• MrMapleSyrupz

★★★★★

One Of The Scariest Movies I've Ever Watched, A Great Ensemble Cast, Some Of The Best Effects In Any Movie I've Seen, This Movie Build Tension Very Well With It's Excellent Cinematography And Score, Kurt Russel Is A Great Lead In This Movie, Great Jump Scares That Aren't Forced They Happen Naturally, One Of My Favorite Horror Movies.

• moviedave

★★★★★

MacReady: One other thing: I think it rips through your clothes when it takes you over. Windows found some shredded long johns, but the nametag was missing. They could be anybody's. Nobody... nobody trusts anybody now, and we're all very tired.

The Thing is a nail biting, visceral piece of cinema from John Carpenter and starring Kurt Russel as Helicopter pilot, Macready.

Set in the snow blasted wastes of Antarctica, The Thing is a sci fi, horror, shocker of a…

• Tom 🐶

★★★★★

Second time watching and it's even better than I remembered.

• Luke Compton

★★★★★

Got to screen this at the cool facility at my university. The Blu-ray quality on the cinema screen was just incredible.
    (boxd.it/QuCa)

This is one of my all-time favourite horror films, and a rewatch of it in this space confirmed its place as my choice as one of, if not the, best horror film I've ever seen.

Everything you want done right in a horror film is done here. It spins its plates with almost incalculable ease. It's shocking for…

• J.W. Hendricks

Today is my birthday.
    Today is also John Carpenter's birthday.
    There's no one else I'd rather share my birthday with.

Happy Birthday, Mr. Carpenter.

• Matias Juselius

★★★★½

This is here is one of my favorite horror movies!

Seen it many times all ready. But it's been a while since last, so I decided to watch it again now for the first time on Blu-ray.

First of all, this is such a lovely movie. Great atmosphere. Lots of suspense. Scary as hell monsters and a nice group of characters. Curious to why there were no women scientists tough.

The special effects are as good now as back then.…

• nadine

★★★½

"I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!"

tbh I wasn't sure what the fuck I was supposed to think of this at first cause I had to laugh way too hard. was it meant to make me laugh? well in the beginning it was rather funny but then it got much more scary and eerie and turned into…

• Peter Gatt

★★★

Being as its Carpenter's birthday I wanted to see one of his films as a tribute I was torn between this and Prince of Darkness but decided I was in the mood for some snow bound paranoia

The ending is up to debate and you know I don't think there is a right answer to this its what you think

If you have never seen this and I know there are some of you out there that haven't, what are…

• Joel Nyman

★★★★★

En klassiker. Specialeffekterna är slabbiga och förvånansvärt bra för att vara lite av en indie sci-fi thriller från 82. Trevlig stämning rakt igenom, Carpenter är en magiker.

• Canned Peaches

★★★★★

Just damn near flawless. Gets better every time I watch it, I swear.

• Sarah

★★★★½

I already loved this movie and getting to watch an old, pink/red (which i worried would be annoying/distracting, but it actually worked really well aesthetically for this movie) 35mm film version of this made me love it even more.