• Sondre Hareide

★★★★½ Watched by Sondre Hareide 02 Sep, 2014 1

If it wasn't for some bad acting performances, this would have been a masterpiece.

• ZackVM

★★★★★ Added by ZackVM

The best horror movie ever made.

• Dalton Stuart

★★★★½ Rewatched by Dalton Stuart 27 Aug, 2014

A sci-fi/horror extravaganza. I mean the blood test scene alone is better than most entire horror films.

Full review and analysis on GTGC # 87

• ApeLincoln

★★★★ Watched by ApeLincoln 27 Aug, 2014

Classic horror movie, with great practical effects and without cheap jump scares.

• Nazeer Vawda

★★★★ Rewatched by Nazeer Vawda 27 Aug, 2014

Didnt like this when I saw it many years ago. This time round, though I still don't find it that scary, it's a great movie.

• sschuster

★★★★★ Added by sschuster

Carpenters best, after Halloween. A classic of the genre, and a remake that far exceeded the original.

• Luis de los Santos

★★★★ Watched by Luis de los Santos 24 Aug, 2014

AWESOME

• Dylan Powell

★★★★ Watched by Dylan Powell 24 Aug, 2014

A perfectly suspenseful, yet slightly shallow horror flick, The Thing delivers everything I was hoping to see: astounding effects and Kurt Russell with a flamethrower.

• footbalhuck

★★★★½ Added by footbalhuck

Almost up there with Halloween and proves what a true horror master Mr.Carpenter is. Full of atmosphere and genuine terror. So sad that it flopped at the box office. 9 of 10 by anyone's standards surely

• Neely

★★★★½ Watched by Neely 23 Aug, 2014 2

The Thing is a phenomenal film; it terrifies, mystifies and even repulses the audience at various times, but it's the combination of a perfectly chosen location and a very threatening type of monster--no surprise that it is one microscopic detail from ourselves--that makes such an immensely thrilling experience to watch.

The opening scene begins with a bird's eye view of snowy Antarctic land and a sprinting Siberian husky which qualifies as one of the most visually stunning setups for a…

• Coheed

★★★★★ Added by Coheed

While Aliens, a film I had no real interest in as a teenager getting into films, turned out to be a disappointment revisiting it, The Thing, the film I did love around that same age, is still incredible. Its not the special effects, though jaw dropping, that brings you back to the film, but not just the paranoid mood either; instead its the fact of how calm and casually paced the entire narrative is depicted which is the greatest virtue.…

• Logan Jones

★★ Watched by Logan Jones 22 Aug, 2014

I was very much disappointed by The Thing. It's a film that relies far too heavily on plot, style and special effects to keep it moving, and not nearly enough on character, so none of the horror works. What little there is in terms of character is underwhelming; there are no female characters, which is depressing (there are literally no women in sight at all - Ridley Scott managed it in Alien and that film is set in space) and…