• CT_Sexybeast

★★★★½ Watched by CT_Sexybeast 31 Oct, 2014

John Carpenter's The Thing is a true horror classic. It mixes all-out gore with intense scares effortlessly throughout, and it never fails to entertain. Carpenter executes the interesting theme of The Thing perfectly, adding his own unique touch that really amplifies the terrifying aspects of the film. But above all, this film is just plain awesome. It's definitely a must-see.

• LetoAtreidesII

★★★★★ Watched by LetoAtreidesII 31 Oct, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Airunh23

★★★★★ Rewatched by Airunh23 31 Oct, 2014

Absolute classic. A must watch for horror and sci-fi fans! Shit still holds up with an amazing Score!

• Tarryn-tino

★★★½ Watched by Tarryn-tino 30 Oct, 2014 2

"I dunno what the hell's in there, but it's weird and pissed off, whatever it is."

So I know this a big favourite of everyone, so don't shoot me for not giving it more stars haha. It was good, but it wasn't great for me and I give usually give my star ratings based on my enjoyment. I didn't not enjoy, it just didn't blow me away, I was super tired when I watched it, so that probably didn't help.…

• Baz Film

★★★★★ Rewatched by Baz Film 30 Oct, 2014

Film 30 of #31DaysofHorror

My review will never be as good as yours. I am not sure I can convey like you can how great the film is and how much I love it, but please know that I wanted to write something exciting for you all to read. I wanted to relay how awesome and scary The Thing is, and how well it stands up today, 32-years later. Unfortunately all that came out was what you're reading.

Great film, bad review.

• Haber345

★★★★½ Rewatched by Haber345 30 Oct, 2014

Hoop-Tober Movie #27

I have seen this movie exactly six times. And I can tell you each time I watched it and why. The fourth time was because a kid I was babysitting wanted to watch a scary movie. He enjoyed it very much. The fifth was because a friend of mine had never seen it, so I said why not. And the sixth is today, where I watched it for this excellent competition. But it was the first three…

• Joseph William Lewis

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joseph William Lewis 30 Oct, 2014

"I'm tired of talkin', Fuchs, I just wanna get up to my shack and get drunk."

Pushes all of my buttons. The Thing's slow-burn horror atmosphere, paranoid thrills, sharp dialogue, earthy performances, and practical effects that remain INCREDIBLE 30+ years later make it the masterpiece that it is. I love this film so much.

• Patrick Burnell

★★★★★ Rewatched by Patrick Burnell 29 Oct, 2014

YEAH FUCK YOU TOO

• Bryan Espitia

★★★★★ Rewatched by Bryan Espitia 30 Oct, 2014 1

Many people would tell you this is Carpenter's best film. While I won't necessarily agree (Halloween is that damn good), The Thing comes awfully close. It's everything a great horror movie should be, and Rob Bottin's special effects are absolutely incredible even 30+ years later. The film is oppressively grim, much more than some of Carpenter's other works, and Morricone's score is one of my favorites. It's easy to see why the film has risen from the ashes (it was a critical and commercial failure back in '82) to become a bona fide classic.

• failious

★★★★½ Added by failious

This movie has so much feel its terrifying.

• Daniel Kibbe

★★★★ Rewatched by Daniel Kibbe 30 Oct, 2014 1

Brilliantly directed and shot, The Thing is a worthy classic that holds up extremely well despite its age. The practical effects are still stellar, and the whole thing is as intense and as paranoid as ever. I'm not sure if this really classifies as a horror film, but if it does, it's certainly one of my favorites.

Also, I have no clue as to why this was nominated for a Razzie for "worst musical score."

• Steve Grzesiak

★★★★★ Rewatched by Steve Grzesiak 30 Oct, 2014 8

"You will not be saved by the Holy Ghost...." - The Complete Carpenter Project

I know I said I was going to do Argento, but sometimes I need a bit of familiarity in my film viewing on nights when I'm feeling like plop. I'll do Dario next!

I thought I'd reviewed The Thing more than once, but apparently not! I didn't even write a proper review last time, I just wrote a list of complaints. And if you think that's…