• Evan P

★★★★½ Watched by Evan P 27 Oct, 2016

Wow! Simply wow! I never knew how much I enjoyed sci-fi movies until I started watching more of them. I thought that this was such an interesting and original concept (yes I know it is based on previous material). All of the acting is played very well and suits the tone of the movie to a T. Do I even need to talk about the special effects? They are amazing, so is the makeup, mad props to the artists and creators behind this.

• Bryan Espitia

★★★★★ Rewatched by Bryan Espitia 27 Oct, 2016

The Thing is the gold standard for practical effects in horror films. Absolutely fantastic in every way.

• Pek Mi

★★★★★ Rewatched by Pek Mi 24 Oct, 2016

Keith David's incredulity...should be a band name.

• Andrew Rhyne

★★★★★ Rewatched by Andrew Rhyne 27 Oct, 2016 2

Here's the thing about The Thing: it has this thing; this feeling, this atmosphere that is so chilling (in a literal way, am I right, snow) and so dreadful. You know that anyone of your friends could be the thing, but that's the thing: they might not really be your friends. Another thing: everyone else suspects that you could be the thing, too.

I don't know what I'm doing with this review but here's the real thing: this film scared…

• Eeliel047

★★★★½ Watched by Eeliel047 26 Oct, 2016

Parte del mes del terror.
    Toda la producción es una
    maravilla, desde las actuaciones, banda sonora, guión y efectos están realizado de una forma perfecta.
    John Carpenter es un genio creado una atmósfera escalofriante y claustrofobia, que te dejara una sensación desoladora.

• Derek

★★★★★ Rewatched by Derek 22 Oct, 2016 1

One of the best

• Gugafan2005

★★★★ Watched by Gugafan2005 26 Oct, 2016

**Halloween Film Fest 2016**
    Having seen the original 1951 Thing From Another World a number of times, I decided I was far past due in seeing the 1982 remake. Having now done that, I can say that I can't believe it took me this long. The film is an absolute masterclass in suspense and horror.

The confined setting of the Antarctic base, the harshness of the elements, the overall darkness of each scene all serve to heighten the tension and paranoia the characters feel. Indeed, director John Carpenter manages to pass that same paranoia and dread onto the viewer right up until the film's ambiguous end.

• Luke Nairn

★★★½ Watched by Luke Nairn 27 Oct, 2016

Kurt Russell rocking the new Supreme f/w 17 look:

• Graham Patrick

★★★★★ Rewatched by Graham Patrick 27 Oct, 2016

Carpenter's masterpiece. The best film ever made.

• Rauno

★★★★ Rewatched by Rauno 27 Oct, 2016

24th horror movie in October 2016

Still an absolute classic and the effects are gruesomely fantastic even so many years later.

• BigFag

★★★★★ Watched by BigFag 26 Oct, 2016

Maybe my favorite horror movie of all time. Very few other movies so effectively deliver a sense of paranoia and isolation. Not to mention the amazing special effects

• Christian Boudreaux

★★★★½ Rewatched by Christian Boudreaux 26 Oct, 2016

Scavenger Hunt- July 2016
    Film #11
    Task #8. A movie set in the mountains or in a cold place.
    (Yeah. Had to get back to that one...)

The best movie monster in history.