• misha winchester

★★★★ Added by misha winchester

a really good movie that keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole time tbh

• Azal Abedi

Rewatched by Azal Abedi 24 Oct, 2014

Fucking love this fucking movie.

• JOKain II

★★★★½ Watched by JOKain II 23 Oct, 2014

An engrossing, edge of your seat psychological horror thriller with great music and some of the best special effects I've ever seen. No wonder it's a classic

• Alex Owens

★★★★ Rewatched by Alex Owens 23 Oct, 2014

Better than I remembered. Intriguing story with a lot of suspense and paranoia, incredibly creepy and terrifying monsters and a claustrophobic setting to boot. Watching it for the second time I picked up things that made this viewing more enjoyable. The dog, the foreshadowing of them going to the ruined camp, watching certain characters I knew were going to turn and as always being blown away by how fantastic they get the monster to look in this movie. Holds up incredibly well.

• Bennett Malcolmson

Watched by Bennett Malcolmson 23 Oct, 2014

I think I like horror movies. For a long time I thought horror was a lesser genre of film and critics have long treated it that way. But this Halloween season I have made a conscious effort to see more horror films and I really like them. The Thing is no exception. I loved its atmosphere, tension, and use of great visual and practical effects to create iconic moments. The Thing is just a great movie, and I'm sorry that…

• Nikon Rod

★★★★ Watched by Nikon Rod 23 Oct, 2014

" What is hidden in snow , comes forth in the thaw . "

• ReCreation

★★★★★ Rewatched by ReCreation 21 Oct, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• JesseSP

★★★★★ Rewatched by JesseSP 20 Oct, 2014

I've seen it so many times, and I still love it. This and the original TCM are the two horror films which still feel new to me, every time. Easily John Carpenter's best film.

• Caleb Herring

★★★★★ Watched by Caleb Herring 01 Oct, 2014

John Carpenter's best?

• Chris Krajci

★★★★★ Rewatched by Chris Krajci 20 Oct, 2014 1

Lately I've been getting swept up in this new Ebola craze everyone's been talking about, and just to make sense of the world I thought I'd pop this masterpiece in to give me some perspective on life, death, and the universe.

Honestly, if you've seen it you know why it's good, you don't need me to go through all the points. If you haven't seen it, well... you need to. Also, I can assume if you haven't seen it, you…

• Jack Dignan

★★★★½ Added by Jack Dignan

The Thing can be a little slow, but it's still an absolutely terrifying movie with outstanding direction from John Carpenter and a brilliant performance by Kurt Russell. That tension, man, that tension.

• rachaelsara

Added by rachaelsara

Like any novice horror movie watcher, I went into this movie expecting to be jumping out of my seat at various surprise scares. The Thing proved to be entirely different. The movie is a slow descent into insanity, the cast dragging you along with them through their fight against the Thing in the torturous arctic winter. The somewhat gory scenes and the shots of the Thing itself were a little gut-wrenching for me (those with exceedingly weak stomachs, be warned), but it was nothing a blanket couldn't hide. Overall, the horror was driven by plot more than anything, which can sometimes be scarier than anything else.