• Ēriks Beķers

★★★★★ Watched by Ēriks Beķers 28 Nov, 2015

"Let's just sit here... See what happens."

• Zane Timonina

★★★★★ Rewatched by Zane Timonina 28 Nov, 2015

I still love this film. And I love that cool guy John Carpenter named his characters "Mac" and "Windows" even before Mac and Windows were introduced.

• Ilgvars Čevers

★★★★ Rewatched by Ilgvars Čevers 28 Nov, 2015

you only get so many chances to see a movie like "The Thing" on the big screen and I'm glad I finally got mine.

"Yeah, well fuck you too!"

• Aswin Sivaraman

★★★★★ Rewatched by Aswin Sivaraman 27 Nov, 2015

Goddamn, I love this movie so much.

• Arturo Carmona

★★★★½ Watched by Arturo Carmona 27 Nov, 2015

• Tom Beasley

★★★★ Watched by Tom Beasley 31 Oct, 2015

Intense at times, but rather slow at others, this isn't quite the masterpiece I was expecting, but it was pretty damn close.

Kurt Russell is tremendous, Carpenter's direction is reliably stellar and the make-up effects are the best that practical prosthetics have ever been.

• Kikuchisawa

★★★★½ Rewatched by Kikuchisawa 22 Nov, 2015

Film #6 in the '80s Sci-Fi Marathon!

Welcome back to the '80s Sci-Fi Marathon, where today we'll be taking a look at The Thing.

In this film, a group of scientists head on an expedition to the Antarctic, when they encounter an alien creature that can take the form of the host it infects. Paranoia grows as the crew tries to figure which one, or ones, are not human.

This film is still excellent on a second viewing, which…

• nicolas1810

★★★★ Watched by nicolas1810 20 Nov, 2015

Υπάρχουν τα θρίλερ της πλάκας όλων των κατηγοριών του είδους που γυρίζονται με το κιλό τα τελευταία χρόνια,και υπάρχει και αυτό Το Πράγμα.Με τον Kurt Russel να είναι ταυτόχρονα super cool αλλά και χαλύβδινος (σαν τον Μπαρέζι στα ντουζένια του). Με τον Carpenter να φτιάχνει ατμόσφαιρα δείχνοντας έναν σκύλο να κόβει βόλτες σε ένα δωμάτιο.Και με ένα από τα κορυφαία κομμάτια όλων των εποχών,το Superstition του Stevie Wonder να ακούγεται τόσο ταιριαστά στις πρώτες σκηνές της ταινίας.Έξοχο.

• KonradBM

★★★★★ Added by KonradBM

Proof that once upon a time John Carpenter had very few equals in his genre, The Thing is a masterpiece. The practical effects for which it is rightly famous are still as impressive today as they were in the early 80s, while the tension and perfect pace of the movie make for a fantastic viewing experience. Don't trust Norweigians and their dogs, people.

• ammy

★★★★ Watched by ammy 20 Nov, 2015

what a weird, gross and awesome ride this movie was

• Bryan Zillig

★★★★★ Added by Bryan Zillig

I first saw snippets of this film when my Dad put it on the TV during the infamous defibrillator scene. I was hooked. Truly horrific, well-acted, an amazing score, and an edge-of-your-seat ending. Doesn't get much better.

• Mark Harrison

★★★★★ Rewatched by Mark Harrison 19 Nov, 2015

I've now watched Carpenter's Apocalypse Trilogy backwards (Prince of Darkness and In The Mouth Of Madness are parts 2 and 3) over the course of the last month or so, and The Thing remains the best and scariest horror film I've ever seen, pitch perfect from start to bleak finish.