• Aaron King

★★★★★ Rewatched by Aaron King 17 Sep, 2014 2

This badass, paranoid, science fiction, thriller is cinema gold. It is hard to find errors in it because despite being 32 years old, very little of it has aged bad. The score is phenomenal. The acting seems very realistic in would people would be feeling in a situation like this. The ending fits still to this day is great. I once saw this film on TNT and it had a different ending that I didn't like all that much.

• Luke

★★★★ Watched by Luke 14 Sep, 2014

"I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!"

This film. What a classic. Wow i can finally understand all of the hype and cult classic status surrounding this movie. This really was brilliant. While it wasn't perfect, and honestly the film seemed to really start to drag on a bit in the middle, it was mostly amazing, and the…

• Corey Hiscocks

★★★★½ Rewatched by Corey Hiscocks 18 Jul, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Sc8lo

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sc8lo 12 Sep, 2014

'Mac wants the flamethrower'

• Cole_Ratcliff

★★★★ Watched by Cole_Ratcliff 10 Jan, 2014

B+ (87)

• Grooveman

★★★★★ Rewatched by Grooveman 14 Sep, 2014 2

• sata11

★★★★ Watched by sata11 09 Sep, 2014

I dunno what the hell's in there, but it's weird and pissed off, whatever it is..

Parecería correcto asumir que tras el lanzamiento de la tan aclamada Alien en 1979, la salida a luz de The Thing no es tan solo una coincidencia. Ambas comparten varios factores que hacen a las dos películas poseedoras de gran tensión.

En una estación en la Antártida un equipo de investigadores se ven sorprendidos tras la llegada de otro equipo, esto va a conducir…

• eviltwinofme

★★★★★ Added by eviltwinofme

My favorite horror movie of all time. Finally a horror movie where people are actually intelligent.

• Jack_Lehtonen

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jack_Lehtonen 07 Sep, 2014 2

R E M O R S E L E S S

Astounding (distressing?) that a film many bright, capable people love doesn't have anything resembling a definitive text. Not distressing, I guess, as the inherent value in film criticism is dubious, at best, but still. For what is likely one of the most important films (totally feel secure saying that), it feels like it's really never been given an great, knock-down-drag-out analysis/review/essay/vid essay, whatever.

There's so much here, a herculean…

• themis_c

★★★★★ Added by themis_c

John Carpenter's greatest accomplishment and one of the most effective scifi-horror films of all time. Some incredible makeup and creature effects by Rob Bottin (where is that guy today!?) and a very effective score by Ennio Morricone, plus Carpenter at his best.

• Philip Cowgill

★★★★★ Rewatched by Philip Cowgill 06 Sep, 2014

My Dad showed me this movie when I was a kid. I'm still amazed by it.

• Andy Summers

★★★★ Rewatched by Andy Summers 05 Sep, 2014 3

They always say that remakes of cult films are even harder to do than remakes of classics with legendary reputations for greatness. The Thing was one of those films that got a 21st century upgrade with what was actually a prequel with the usual homage to this original. These films are the ones that nobody wants, but to be honest I quite liked the Mary Elizabeth Winstead starring 2011 effort. John Carpenter's film however has a mass following of dedicated…