• Tolksdorf

★★★★½ Watched by Tolksdorf 25 Jan, 2015

Valeu de novo John, nunca me decepciona.

• Ben Dugan

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ben Dugan 18 Jan, 2015

I don't care how many times I watch this movie it still creeps me out and gets under my skin. And if that's not the sign of a good horror picture then I don't know what is.

• Zai

★★★★ Watched by Zai 22 Jan, 2015

Production design was fab.
    like wow man

• Ann-Marie Commons

★★★ Watched by Ann-Marie Commons 23 Jan, 2015

Brrrrrrr cold

• Peter Pibson

★★★★ Rewatched by Peter Pibson 22 Jan, 2015 2

It has a few issues, it could use some cuts, some scenes are comical and dialogue stilted, but overall it's a strong, disturbing and powerful horror film.

The Thing not only has incredible special effects, but great performances, wonderful juxtaposition of the colours red and blue throughout the whole film, (that I'm pretty sure is meant to signify communism and capitalism, linking the film back to it's 50s roots), and scenes of nail-biting suspense.

Up there in the classic horror tier along with The Fly, Alien and The Shining.

• Alfie Saxby

★★★★ Rewatched by Alfie Saxby 22 Jan, 2015

Yes I saw it twice ^-^

• Joe

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joe 21 Jan, 2015

The crowning achievement of the horror genre. Only Ridley Scott's Alien or maybe Stanley Kubrick's The Shining come close. But for me there's nothing on the planet quite as good as John Carpenter's The Thing .

My furthest nightmares can never prepare me for the out of this world special effects courtesy of master Rob Bottin. And as effective and jaw dropping as they may be they wouldn't be half as effective without its truly bone chilling sound design straight…

• Jack Rys

★★★ Watched by Jack Rys 20 Jan, 2015

I was disappointed in this film. Everyone regards it as one of the scariest movies ever, but I didn't really find it that scary. I just found it nasty. The special effects were fantastic. So much better than modern CGI. I don't know, it didn't do it for me. I loved the camera work and acting and such. But it just didn't click.

• JimmyP77

★★★★★ Rewatched by JimmyP77 18 Jan, 2015

Watched it at a cult cinema night over the bridge in Hull last night, won a quiz, won a raffle prize, ate a hot dog, drank some cider, watched one of the finest scifi/horrors ever made.

And it was snowing when we left.

pretty much perfect all round.

• sage

★★½ Watched by sage 18 Jan, 2015

super fun sunday morning watch! the characters/plot werent very interesting but hey the gore/special effects were wild!! seriously here for the gross-out monster design. my only real complaint is.. if 1 particle of the thing is enough to infect you... when they were testing their blood w the heated wire, they did NOT disinfect the scalpel (the guy just rubbed it on his pants) and it? would have infected literally everyone?? bc some of the guys were already infected.. so they would all have been infected... but its cool its whatever

• SMRIDGLEY74

★★★★★ Rewatched by SMRIDGLEY74 18 Jan, 2015

"I dunno what the hell's in there, but it's weird and pissed off, whatever it is."

• Jon Mears

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jon Mears 17 Jan, 2015

By far my favorite "Horror" film.

The special effects are something to behold and the script is first class.

Did I mention the special effects?