• Ferio

★★★★ Watched by Ferio 06 Dec, 2016

Esta película debió ser la hostia cuando salió; yo no lo recuerdo porque aún no había cumplido un año, pero me imagino a los más avanzados entre nuestros progenitores y otros familiares yendo al cine y flipando con el bicho y la angustiosa sensación de la cárcel antártica; de hecho me agobio más pensando en tener que pasar seis meses con esa gente en ese salón comunal jugando al ping-pong que ante una amenaza extraterrestre.

Hay que ponerla en su…

• killerkris

★★★★★ Rewatched by killerkris 06 Dec, 2016

Masterpiece 👍🏻

• mattmav45

Watched by mattmav45 05 Dec, 2016

Had a visit from the Carpenter on a Monday night, and I'll be damned if I didn't enjoy every damn minute of it.

I can't help but notice the parallels to Ridley Scott's Alien. Both consist of an encounter with an alien life form being discovered in a remote, desolate, and ultimately vulnerable environment. The noteworthy difference is the viewpoint provided in each film. Whereas in Alien the crew ultimately discovered the alien life form, here the alien life form…

• Kevin

★★★★½ Rewatched by Kevin 05 Dec, 2016 1

This film is the perfect mix of suspense and genuine creepiness. The added factor of trying to figure out who's human and who isn't just heightens the suspense and mystery. Kurt Russell and Keith David give great performances and the practical effects used to create the creature are amazing. They still really hold up. Ennio Morricone's score is also very simple but very effective. I still enjoyed The Thing From Another World but this remake just succeeds in every aspect while the original had a few short comings. I mean, at least this alien wasn't a walking vegetable.

• katie h.

★★★★ Rewatched by katie h. 05 Dec, 2016 2

guys kurt russell is my boyfriend

• danieldarko

★★★★★ Rewatched by danieldarko 04 Dec, 2016

Man is the warmest place to hide.

• Vinícius Souza

★★★★ Watched by Vinícius Souza 04 Dec, 2016

When sci-fi movies were simple, fun and well made.
    Also I want more 80's Kurt Russell in the snow.

• Elizabeth

★★★½ Watched by Elizabeth 26 Oct, 2016

Recommended by Kim Wexler--no regrets.

• Justin Fell

★★★★½ Watched by Justin Fell 19 Jun, 2016

The Thing is one of the best sci-fi thrillers of all time, and is right up there with Alien in my opinion. The film is very play like where there is a limited setting and the plot is character dialogue and action driven. The characters are very well written, their dialogue is very believable and realistic. The scary part of the film is a very clever aspect, and has been done before in literature, but this was probably the first…

• Alex Leadbeater

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alex Leadbeater 29 Nov, 2016

Wrote a little bit about this film today and just had to watch it. It's that good.

• detritustank

★★★★½ Added by detritustank

Strong remake of The Thing from Another World has amazing special effects and great performances from entire cast. Very suspenseful. The score by Morricone is also noteworthy. Hard to believe I avoided this for a long time because I love the original so much. Still not sold? Well, did I mention Wilford Brimley?

• McPlusle

★★★★½ Watched by McPlusle 27 Nov, 2016

Excellent cold and uninviting atmosphere, with some stunning and truly horrifying effects.