• Colin

★★★★★ Added by Colin

This is easily in my top four films! Just like Alien, the cast, setting, and visual effects were flawless. Kurt Russel's best role easily. There has never been a movie with a creature more terrifying. The Thing even rivals to Alien in terrifying movie monsters. Not only does this movie make people fear the terrible things the monster could do to someone, but it also has an intense psychological terror to it. *SPOILER* What makes the Thing so scary is…

• John 7

★★★★½ Watched by John 7 23 Jul, 2015

τι να έγινε άραγε στο φινάλε?? Ο Τζον Κάρπεντερ ίσως στην καλύτερη στιγμή του...

• Ava Davis

★★★★ Watched by Ava Davis 29 Jul, 2015 1

Let me tell u a bit about my dad michael davis

1.This is 1 of his fave movies This manhunter and he likes to say 2001 a space odyssey is one of his faves but that's just to sound pretentious because he kept on falling asleep when we were watching it he likes whiplash too

2. He made me watch the beginning and ending of it when I was around 8 for some reason. he also told me the ending…

• Doombreaker

★★★★½ Rewatched by Doombreaker 07 Feb, 2015

Immer wieder ein Genuss diesen Klassiker zu sehen und dann auch noch mit ein paar Kumpeln in unserem Schnee und Eis Marathon. Dies war der zweite Film.
    Schon oft gesehen und auf jeden Fall besser, als die anderen beiden. Die Szenen, ob mit dem Ding oder auch ohne, sind alle spannend und aufregend. Sehr gut inzeniert und maßgebend für andere Filme diese Genres.
    Das Ding selber ist richtig gut dargestellt und der Endkampf ist einsame Spitze. Nur empfehlenswert und klar der beste Film des Marathons.

• Noah LePage

★★★★★ Watched by Noah LePage 24 Jul, 2015

A futuro Western parable that seems to take place on the edge of our extinction. This is Sartre's "No Exit" literally turned inside out, bearing its meaty beauty of alien flesh bound to burn. If any ending of a movie is likely to echo mankind's eventual end, it's this one: freezing in the shadows as we watch the last embers dance away. "Why don't we just wait here for a little while, see what happens?"

• Lily Schmidt

★★★½ Rewatched by Lily Schmidt 26 Jul, 2015

"I just can't believe this voodoo bullshit."

Said the scientist.

• Emily H.

★★★★½ Watched by Emily H. 24 Jul, 2015 2

this movie is fantastic. not giving it 5 stars bc it grossed me out way too much I mean it looked freakin awesome but made me want to hurl. really great movie though, if you can handle all the disturbing gore

• Scottes82

★★★★★ Added by Scottes82

Terrifying movie and without saying too much the ending is ice cold and deliciously evil and should stay with you for a long while. Impossible to envy the situation depicted in this movie.

I did enjoy the remake/prequel, which is a rarity among that mightily unnecessary and poorly executed horde of dim bulb cinema. Another good horror remake was Dawn of The Dead, keeping in mind that neither of these were necessary for fans of those two they might enjoy a revisit. Although the Dawn of the Dead remake definitely offers something more unique.

• ganapathiraman

★★ Watched by ganapathiraman 22 Jul, 2015

creepy... the thing is disgusting, creepy.... I wish I didn't see this movie... most of the reviews suggested that this remake is better than 1951 original one.... but, i doubt that....

• Michael Page

★★★★★ Added by Michael Page

The Thing is by far my favorite Horror/Sci-Fi movie. Everything about it is perfect. I've seen this movie countless times, and have desperately tried to find something that makes the movie bad...and cannot find it.

If you are a Horror or Science Fiction fan, then you should have already seen this classic masterpiece. If you haven't seen this yet, then you better do it now...or ask yourself if you are truly a fan of Horror/Science Fiction films. :)

• Audiences Everywhere

★★★★½ Added by Audiences Everywhere

"The Thing is the pinnacle John Carpenter experiment. Combining the nail-biting tension of his iconic slasher with the claustrophobic atmosphere of Ridley Scott’s Alien, this is a science fiction horror movie for the ages."

Read Diego Crespo's full review.

• Adalira Morningstar

★★★★★ Watched by Adalira Morningstar 22 Jul, 2015

Have you taken a moment today to be thankful you're not a dog in a horror movie? Because goddamn do you get a raw deal if you are.