• Johnathon Allen

★★★★★ Rewatched by Johnathon Allen 03 Mar, 2015

One of my top 10 fav films ever.

• Kinho Costa

★★★ Watched by Kinho Costa 02 Mar, 2015

Agora sempre que for ver uma cena com desfibrilador vou ficar aflito.

• Bob Rutiger

★★★★ Watched by Bob Rutiger 28 Feb, 2015

Alien is one of my all time favourites, and a film I consider to be perfect horror. Only a few years later John Carpenter whipped out this puppy, and it's incredibly reminiscent of Ridley Scott's scifi/horror masterpiece. I'm not a horror buff, but when it's good, it's a genre that I love to watch. The Thing is a horror classic that took me much too long to check out, even if I've been nagged at to go watch it.

Kurt…

• Juan Espinoza

★★★★★ Rewatched by Juan Espinoza 02 Mar, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Ciertamente y por razones meramente nostálgicas, Big Trouble in Little China es mi película favorita de Carpenter. The Thing sería mi segunda favorita, pero con objetividad es fácil reconocerla como su verdadera obra maestra.

Nuevamente los códigos del western se filtran al guión de esta historia que lidia, como los grandes clásicos del cine de terror, con miedos primigenios, incluído el miedo al mismo ser humano y su naturaleza impredecible. Curioso también (y especulo que esto tiene que ver más…

• Xerman

★★★½ Watched by Xerman 28 Feb, 2015

A true cult film.
    I wish I had seen it when I was a teenager, my head would have exploded (throw in some spider legs and you have one of the best sequences of the movie).

• Ty Landis

Watched by Ty Landis 02 Mar, 2015 5

Kurt Russell wielding a flamethrower is cinema.

• Michael

★★★½ Watched by Michael 28 Feb, 2015

A basic but well executed infection plot that seeds paranoia and distrust among people who are forced into close proximity. Plus creepy, frightening, and nauseatingly grotesque creature effects.

An interesting choice to feature a star with bankable good looks and charisma and then hide him behind a mass of unkempt hair and beard. A choice I respect and rather admire. Sort of a 'fuck you' to the shallow end of the Kurt Russell fan pool; he's here, but you don't get to see him.

• Joshua David

★★★★½ Watched by Joshua David 28 Feb, 2015

Probably the best of Carpenter's films that I've seen. It's got genuine tension and scares, an abundance of camp that Carpenter reels in at just the right times, and a great central theme of distrust and tension in a small space. Really an awesome movie.

• Nathan Harrison

★★★★★ Rewatched by Nathan Harrison 28 Feb, 2015

Man. Watching THE THING makes me understand why Grima Wormtongue can shed tears upon beholding something that’s beautiful in its ugliness—specifically, the defib scene. The whole thing is just sublime. Awful, fascinating, panicky, & morbidly funny, with the camera’s gaze unflinching in showing every new horror. It's such a pitch-perfect sequence that seeing it on the big screen for the first time moved me, yes, almost to tears.

Every time I re-watch this, I'm struck by how smart a choice it…

• Gregory David Escobar

★★★★½ Watched by Gregory David Escobar 01 Mar, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Obra maestra eclipsada por "E.T." Y "Blade Runner" (que salieron los mismos días de su estreno)

Un Carpenter con suspenso a la vez agorafóbico y claustrofóbico, un setting indomable con detalles de western (Morricone musicalizando electrónicamente, además). El posible inicio del fin del mundo.

Un festival de prótesis, marionetas, fuego y mucha paranoia.

Y el guionista de los osos revoltosos dando par de aportes humorísticos que funcionan.

Inigualable.

• Marna Larsen

★★★½ Added by Marna Larsen

Finally got to see this (came across a copy on VHS) and really liked it. I am just going to say this one more time (well, okay probably more than one more time). I know it makes people uncomfortable because you should just pretend to have money. You should never let people know that you can't afford stuff. It makes people who have stuff feel bad. But I often think once you can comfortably buy that copy of Susperia ($10…

• Fourmula4D

★★★★½ Rewatched by Fourmula4D 28 Feb, 2015

"You gotta be f--king kidding me..."