• Erasmus Craven

★★★★★ Rewatched by Erasmus Craven 22 Sep, 2014

Hoop-tober parte 1

La mejor de todas las adaptaciones de la obra de Lovecraft y no es un adaptación de la obra de Lovecraft!!!

El terror que vino de las estrellas y que durmió durante miles de años despierta al encontrarse un grupo de científicos, creando el caos, la paranoia y el terror. Y una película redonda. Desde el paisaje desolado de la Antártida hasta la banda sonora de Ennio Morricone (y John Carpenter) están ahí para crear la sensación…

• Powernudel

★★★★ Added by Powernudel

Ihr kennt das. Ihr fragt euch welchen Film ihr gucken wollt und beschließt einen Klassiker zu schauen. Eure Freund und das Internet (in meinem Fall ist dies das gleiche) behaupten der Film sei "super, super!". Ihr seht ihn euch an und findet den Film langweilig. Doch man behauptet natürlich, dass dieser Film dennoch cool ist. Man will ja nicht Debatten starten, denn die Mehrheit hat immer Recht (zumindest hier in Deutschland)!
    Genauso ein Film ist "The Thing" nicht. Super spannender Film. Überragendes Ende.
    Endlich mal ein alter Schinken der mir gefällt! Hui!

• KMOKLER

★★★★½ Added by KMOKLER

The good thing about john Carpenter horror films is after years and years there still not dated and there held up by proper scares and incredible music.

• Aaron King

★★★★★ Rewatched by Aaron King 17 Sep, 2014 3

This badass, paranoid, science fiction, thriller is cinema gold. It is hard to find errors in it because despite being 32 years old, very little of it has aged bad. The score is phenomenal. The acting seems very realistic in would people would be feeling in a situation like this. The ending fits still to this day is great. I once saw this film on TNT and it had a different ending that I didn't like all that much.

• Luke

★★★★ Watched by Luke 14 Sep, 2014

"I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of this winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!"

This film. What a classic. Wow i can finally understand all of the hype and cult classic status surrounding this movie. This really was brilliant. While it wasn't perfect, and honestly the film seemed to really start to drag on a bit in the middle, it was mostly amazing, and the…

• Corey Hiscocks

★★★★½ Rewatched by Corey Hiscocks 18 Jul, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Sc8lo

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sc8lo 12 Sep, 2014

'Mac wants the flamethrower'

• Cole_Ratcliff

★★★★ Watched by Cole_Ratcliff 10 Jan, 2014

B+ (87)

• Grooveman

★★★★★ Rewatched by Grooveman 14 Sep, 2014 2

• sata11

★★★★ Watched by sata11 09 Sep, 2014

I dunno what the hell's in there, but it's weird and pissed off, whatever it is..

Parecería correcto asumir que tras el lanzamiento de la tan aclamada Alien en 1979, la salida a luz de The Thing no es tan solo una coincidencia. Ambas comparten varios factores que hacen a las dos películas poseedoras de gran tensión.

En una estación en la Antártida un equipo de investigadores se ven sorprendidos tras la llegada de otro equipo, esto va a conducir…

• eviltwinofme

★★★★★ Added by eviltwinofme

My favorite horror movie of all time. Finally a horror movie where people are actually intelligent.

• Jack_Lehtonen

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jack_Lehtonen 07 Sep, 2014 2

R E M O R S E L E S S

Astounding (distressing?) that a film many bright, capable people love doesn't have anything resembling a definitive text. Not distressing, I guess, as the inherent value in film criticism is dubious, at best, but still. For what is likely one of the most important films (totally feel secure saying that), it feels like it's really never been given an great, knock-down-drag-out analysis/review/essay/vid essay, whatever.

There's so much here, a herculean…