• Guy

★★★★½ Rewatched by Guy 30 Mar, 2015

Carpenter's best, which is saying something. There's so much to say about this film including but not limited to the facade of the idealism of the Reagan administration, the AIDS epidemic, amorality, humanity's ultimate mistrust of itself and its constituent members, and many more; I just don't feel like spending the rest of the night waxing poetic about this endlessly rewarding flick.

Also, Wilford Brimley's performance here is one for the ages. Suck my ass if you disagree.

• Joe Eastham

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joe Eastham 29 Mar, 2015

Somebody needs to give John Carpenter $100,000,000 and let him do whatever he wants.

• Cieran McC

★★★★ Rewatched by Cieran McC 28 Mar, 2015

at Grosvenor Cinema's All-Night Horror Madness from a 35mm print

• Vladimir Marković LoOney

★★★ Rewatched by Vladimir Marković LoOney 25 Mar, 2015

The thing is... (pun intended) I didn't like the film when I first saw it. And now I know I still don't like it. Carpenter was never my cup of tea, although I get those fanboys (and... girls?) who like all the melted bodies and spider legs of The Thing.

Watching it in movie theater for the first time, on glorious 35mm film, added to the experience, but I do think that it's a bit long for something made out…

• Fred Anderson

★★★★★ Watched by Fred Anderson 28 Mar, 2015 2

IF all that alien shit didn't happen at the base, l wonder if MacReady would be forced to pay for the destroyed chess computer?

• Dan Scully

★★★★★ Added by Dan Scully

The strongest argument for good practical effects wrapped up in a slimy, suspenseful, scary as fuck package.

• FilmApe

★★★★★ Rewatched by FilmApe 26 Mar, 2015 6

"Why don't we just wait here for a little while? See what happens."

The Thing rules.

• Joe

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joe 25 Mar, 2015 2

Hi I'm Wilford Brimley and I have the Thing. If you have the Thing, and are on Medicare, your the Thing testing supplies may be covered.

Here's how it works. Kurt Russel is a Medicare testing provider. You pay nothing upfront (except a little blood). You have nothing to worry about because when its time to retest Keith David will remind you. Get your free test. Call today.

• Ollie Watts

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ollie Watts 25 Mar, 2015 2

The master movie of all claustrophobic horror and science fiction.

John Carpenter has a fleet of critically acclaimed horror movies but 'The Thing' must be his greatest. He was in his absolute prime when making this, generating tension and terror at pretty much every turn.

• David Gómez-Rosado

★★★ Watched by David Gómez-Rosado 20 Mar, 2008

Back in the eighties I found it terifying. Now I have grown inmunized to splatter and goop. Still, it has good suspense.

• voxlumania

★★★★★ Added by voxlumania

Quite possibly the greatest horror movie ever made. Loaded with atmosphere, tension, gore, dread, and paranoia. For my money, edges out Carpenter’s own Halloween as the best thing he’s ever done.

• doemper

★★★★½ Rewatched by doemper 21 Mar, 2015

Tíz kicsi néger... az Antarktiszon... földönkívüliekkel.. Snake Priskinnel. WINNING. :D Negyedik újranézésre is ugyanolyan szórakoztatónak találtam. Mindig kiemelt értékelésre számíthat egy olyan film, aminek már a műfaja is olyan távol áll tőlem, mint Makó Jeruzsálemtől. (Horror) Nem is beszélve arról, hogy talán az egyik legundorítóbb film, amit valaha láttam és nem B. :D És mégis az egyik nagy kedvencem.