• deadmanramsey

★★★★½ Added by deadmanramsey

93/100

• Joey

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joey 31 Jan, 2015

I would give it six stars if I could.

• Anthony Albarran

★★★★★ Added by Anthony Albarran

A sci-fi masterpiece. The best practical effects on film.

• Michael Williams

★★★★½ Watched by Michael Williams 30 Jan, 2015

In the begging I wanted to re-think my childhood obsession with this film, when it said John Carpenter's Thing. I believe in the respect and unbelievably big imagination needed for the writer to come up with every scene and having no idea what it will end up being. But without Carpenter this film probably would have been just another survival horror, not the gory cult classic of horror cinema it is. It's hard to decide which is better. Halloween or…

• Brandon Marshall

★★★★ Watched by Brandon Marshall 26 Jan, 2015

The Thing quickly became exactly what I expected, though I don't that's disappointing to a film with such a legacy. The SFX were incredible and better that I imagined, the shooting location was beautiful and the narrative was terrifying and solid. One of my favorite horror films I've seen.

• stevo

★★★★★ Added by stevo

Absolutely one of my favorite movies. The characters, the story, the suspense, the effects...the movie is just about flawless.

• Scott Fairgrieve

★★★★★ Rewatched by Scott Fairgrieve 01 Jun, 2014

I loved this film when I first watched it about 35 years ago, and I still love it. Top 5 all time horror movies. The practical effects are still amazing, but it's the tension, conflict, and distrust among the men that really make this movie.

• Melli

★★★★★ Rewatched by Melli 28 Jan, 2015

After watching the prequel I felt like I just had to keep going with the story. Back to back, the prequel looks even worse. Aint nothin coming close to this masterpiece.

• Caitlan

★★★★★ Added by Caitlan

I LOVE THIS MOVIE SO MUCH!! MOSTLY BECAUSE OF KURT RUSSELL'S ANGELIC FACE BUT THE ALIEN LIFE FORM IS PRETTY NEAT-O TOO!

• Colin Rinehart

★★★★★ Rewatched by Colin Rinehart 26 Jan, 2015

John Carpenter was a hungry artist in the late 70s, early 80s, out to prove himself. He wasn't content with just making the horror film by which all subsequent horror films for two decades would be measured against in Halloween, no, he went on to make the blistering action Sci-Fi film Escape From New York (not to mention the moody but subdued horror of The Fog), ensuring his box office relevancy and success. But it was with The Thing that…

• Dilip

★★★★½ Watched by Dilip 26 Jan, 2015

What is the thing? It could be anything or anyone !!!!!!! The thrill this movie gives will have you guessing. And ends with the biggest cliffhanger ever. This movie makes me wonder..... Is everything and everyone around us is what it seems to be. This is John Carpenter one of the most underrated director of this generation.....

• Tolksdorf

★★★★½ Watched by Tolksdorf 25 Jan, 2015

Valeu de novo John, nunca me decepciona.