• Carson Joiner

★★★★ Watched by Carson Joiner 13 Nov, 2014

Noir November (Film #9)

"When the piles of gold begin to grow, that's when the trouble starts."

Ok, I'll go ahead and get this out of the way... I realize this film isn't a noir. I decided to put this one on my Noir November list because it's directed by Huston and it's starring Bogart. That's close enough for me. The Treasure of the Sierra Madre tells the story of three down and out men living in Tampico, Mexico who…

• CINEMADHESIVE

★★★★★ Rewatched by CINEMADHESIVE 09 Nov, 2014

Give me more of that old timer laughing...

• RorySummers

★★★★½ Added by RorySummers

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• jbird

★★★½ Watched by jbird 29 Oct, 2014

A classic Bogart film, with a classic Bogart performance. The Treasure of the Sierra Madre has a sound story, but it is the changing ideas that the viewer has about the three main characters throughout the film that makes the film. Throughout the story, the characters undergo problem after problem, and each one leaves them a different man, however the film expertly shows how the raw nature of a person can determine their outcome, no matter what they face. The…

• Kaisergustaf

★★★★ Rewatched by Kaisergustaf 12 Oct, 2014

A mean, paranoid Bogart, is not the usual Bogey we know. Gloriously shot, Huston in his greatness.

• Alex Hunt

★★★★ Watched by Alex Hunt 21 Oct, 2014

Greed will imprison us all.
    This quote is astonishingly portrayed in this movie directed by John Huston,all the three characters played by Humphrey Bogart,Walter Huston and Tim Holt are well depicted especially Humphrey Bogart dark transformation from an good old american in mexico to a greedy man.
    The climax "oh,what an ending it was" months of hard work washing away like dust in wind literally.
    Its pure Best Picture Quality keeps you glued to the screen that is if you are Movie Buff like me and many others on this site.

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★★★ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

John Huston and Humphrey Bogart, very dark story. Simply loved acting of Humphrey Bogart. It deserve the greatest praise from us for the brilliant story and direction from John Huston.

• Josh

★★½ Watched by Josh 13 Oct, 2014

Way too slow and no payoff. super underwhelming.

• Thomas Pashko

★★★★ Watched by Thomas Pashko 08 Oct, 2014

Walter Huston is so real. I think he's playing my neighbor in this movie.

• Patrick Ryan

★★★★★ Watched by Patrick Ryan 22 Sep, 2014

Presented by Rian Johnson at the Alamo Drafthouse Denver

• Aaron Hammond

★★★★½ Added by Aaron Hammond

Breaking Bogart. Dust in the Wind.

• paulsell

★★★★★ Watched by paulsell 19 Sep, 2014

There are those films that as the credits roll you go "wow" ! And there are those that hit you with the true extent of their greatness a day or two later, this for me was the second type. I suspect this will become one I will enjoy revisiting. Much of that has to do with the magnificence of Walter Huston's character.