• Alex Hunt

★★★★ Watched by Alex Hunt 21 Oct, 2014

Greed will imprison us all.
    This quote is astonishingly portrayed in this movie directed by John Huston,all the three characters played by Humphrey Bogart,Walter Huston and Tim Holt are well depicted especially Humphrey Bogart dark transformation from an good old american in mexico to a greedy man.
    The climax "oh,what an ending it was" months of hard work washing away like dust in wind literally.
    Its pure Best Picture Quality keeps you glued to the screen that is if you are Movie Buff like me and many others on this site.

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★★★ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

John Huston and Humphrey Bogart, very dark story. Simply loved acting of Humphrey Bogart. It deserve the greatest praise from us for the brilliant story and direction from John Huston.

• Josh

★★½ Watched by Josh 13 Oct, 2014

Way too slow and no payoff. super underwhelming.

• Thomas Pashko

★★★★ Watched by Thomas Pashko 08 Oct, 2014

Walter Huston is so real. I think he's playing my neighbor in this movie.

• Patrick Ryan

★★★★★ Watched by Patrick Ryan 22 Sep, 2014

Presented by Rian Johnson at the Alamo Drafthouse Denver

• Aaron Hammond

★★★★½ Added by Aaron Hammond

Breaking Bogart. Dust in the Wind.

• paulsell

★★★★★ Watched by paulsell 19 Sep, 2014

There are those films that as the credits roll you go "wow" ! And there are those that hit you with the true extent of their greatness a day or two later, this for me was the second type. I suspect this will become one I will enjoy revisiting. Much of that has to do with the magnificence of Walter Huston's character.

• Travis Wagner

★★★★½ Watched by Travis Wagner 19 Sep, 2014

Huston creates such an otherworldly experience that despite it clearly aiming to be a realist work, it is markedly more magical in it is realism. Also Walter Huston is a delight.

• funsohng

Added by funsohng

John Huston carefully examines the deterioration of humanity in this gripping masterpiece supported by great cast.

• Cody Lang

★★★★½ Watched by Cody Lang 15 Sep, 2014

My favorite character was Walter Huston's character and I also liked Kurton. Dobbs was interesting but a little too one-dimensional compared to the rest.

• PitchingBear

★★★ Watched by PitchingBear 09 Sep, 2014

A story with a near perfect ending. This may well be the cornerstone of all treasure hunting movies. While this film seems more dated than others from this era, once the characters are out in the mountains and on the hunt, good luck taking your eyes off the screen.

• Dan

★★★★ Watched by Dan 09 Sep, 2014 2

A great adventure film showcasing dark themes of what greed can do to weak men. Bogart is terrific here, especially once the cracks start forming on his frail psyche and he's muttering to himself alone in the wilderness. Also thought Tim Holt was great as his compatriot Curtin, but Walter Huston stole the show as the elder prospector, Howard. Glad to see he won a deserving Oscar for it.

Not much else to say, it's a certifiable Classic and just…