• Lucy

★★★½ Watched by Lucy 08 Feb, 2016

life, love, and daddy issues: the movie

• Aleida

★★★★★ Watched by Aleida 19 Oct, 2011

Me encanto. Fotografia estupenda.
    Grenoble. Con Ju et Charlotte

• Shikhar Verma

★★★★½ Watched by Shikhar Verma 07 Feb, 2016 3

The Tree of Life is a staggering piece of art that makes all the lost souls feel a part of the scenic beauty of the beach they can reside on in their imaginative insights.

The grasp of Malick's film is so huge that a 2 hour 18 min run time doesn't do it justice. The canvas of existence and innocence have been so literal and visceral in this portrayal that the love it comprehends, flashes by you in minutes. While…

• Paul Bulger

★★★★★ Rewatched by Paul Bulger 06 Feb, 2016

So. Much. Freud.

• Fiona Green

Watched by Fiona Green 05 Feb, 2016

I can't possibly assign this a star rating. I felt things. I cried a lot.

• Dan Doherty

★★★★★ Watched by Dan Doherty 04 Feb, 2016

I want to hang this movie up and paint my wall with it. I'll need to watch it a few more times for a concrete opinion, but man, what a transcendent experience this was.

• Arthur Freitas

★★★★★ Rewatched by Arthur Freitas 04 Feb, 2016

Assim como 2001: Uma Odisseia no Espaço, eu não discuto A Árvore da Vida com ninguém. Eu evito, inclusive, falar o que gosto no épico cósmico de Terrence Malick.

Eu revi A Árvore da Vida duas vezes essa semana. A primeira, para me preparar para assistir Cavaleiro de Copas, que eu falarei em breve, mas também revi ele hoje. Eu precisava resolver algumas coisas com ele.

Eu nunca tive uma experiência tão íntima no cinema como quando fui ver A…

• Laurel

★★★ Rewatched by Laurel 04 Feb, 2016

I hate watching this movie but it makes me cry so there's that.

• Luke Lomeli

★★★★★ Added by Luke Lomeli

10/10

A ravishing, kaleidoscopic vision of the natural universe, a profoundly moving work of art, and an essential, life-affirming piece of cinema, The Tree of Life is nothing less than a masterpiece. With this film, Malick has managed to construct a narrative that is universal - both literally because of the colossal scope of the project, and thematically because of the widely resonant ideas found in the screenplay. It is a singular, stunning vision that demands repeat viewings. I will unpack more at length once I see it again.

• D.A.P

★★★★½ Watched by D.A.P 04 Feb, 2016

Visually gorgeous, terrific acting, brilliant directing, and a spelling binding soundtrack. This movie isn't for everyone but I found myself enjoying the quietness of the movie. I'm not honestly a Terrence Malick fan, but I can see how lots of movie buffs enjoy his movies. Overall I would highly recommend this to anyone just to give it a chance. The only complaint is that the child actors were the movie's strongest players. Also some of the camera work can make you a little dizzy if you aren't used to it.

• Alex Hurding

★★★★★ Added by Alex Hurding

I haven't seen that many of Malick's films and I feel like I've disgraced myself for not rectifying this sooner. The Tree of Life is amazing. Excuse me as I watch this, again.

Possible analysis, incoming!

• Noelle Perez

★★★★★ Added by Noelle Perez

"Life goes on. People pass along. Nothing stays the same."

This is about the millionth time I have viewed The Tree of Life since my initial view around two years ago and it gets me every time. The more I watch it the more I feel I can see Malicks vision and the more the story pieces together. The visuals, the sheer poetry, the symbolism. The message of this film is more important then I believe many realize. The reality…