• Ben Radetski

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ben Radetski 04 Oct, 2015 4

"I wanted to be loved because I was great; A big man. I'm nothing. Look at the glory around us; trees, birds. I lived in shame. I dishonored it all, and didn't notice the glory. I'm a foolish man."

I look around and I see a lot of reviews for The Tree of Life, and I don't see one that doesn't dive into personal experiences. That is because The Tree of Life is impossible to review.

Although I gave it…

• Andy Patterson

★★★★ Watched by Andy Patterson 03 Oct, 2015

Malick's experimental drama is abstract poetry in cinematic form. I was equally transfixed by the beautiful imagery as I was frustrated by the ambiguity and emotional detachment. It was, ultimately, a haunting and memorable experience.

• Jeremy Lee

Watched by Jeremy Lee 01 Oct, 2015

My mind is confused

• Patrick Bateman

★★★★★ Watched by Patrick Bateman 01 Oct, 2015

A mind blowing, gorgeous mind trip of a film that is absolutely outstanding.

• Avaitor

★★★★★ Rewatched by Avaitor 28 Sep, 2015

I unashamedly love every frame of this film. Every single one. And the music. And the acting. And, just, life, man.

• 69

Added by 69

zzzzz boring

• Schnaggelmann

★★★★ Added by Schnaggelmann

Wer einen Film erwartet, der einen 138min lang unterhält, ist bei diesem Film falsch. Dieser Film hat keinen gewöhnlichen Handlungsverlauf. Wer einen Film sehen will, der "anders" ist, der einen durch seine wunderschönen Bilder bewegt und einen zum Nachdenken anregt wird diesen Film lieben.
    "The Tree Of Life" ist eine Mischung aus Familiendrama, Fantasy und Dokumentation mit Brad Pitt und Jessica Chastain in Hochform.

• Isaac Rosso Klakovich

★★★★★ Rewatched by Isaac Rosso Klakovich 13 Sep, 2015

While many films have attempted it, “The Tree of Life” is the closest a film has ever come to capturing the human experience. Its ability to depict confusion and the fact that we walk through life lost, just hoping that we will not make a mistake is beautiful in its simplicity and the main reason why this film succeeds.

The film begins with the idea that there is the way of nature and the way of grace, but never makes…

• Jack Keating

★★★★★ Watched by Jack Keating 25 Sep, 2015

I have seen my number one film I must see. I have been dying to see this film ever since I heard about Terrence Malick, who's become one of my favorite directors. This, The Tree of Life, did not disappoint me. In fact, I fell in love.

The cinematography is breathtaking and is the standout of this film. Never has it been this good. Mr. Emmanuel, you've done good again!

The single greatest coming of age story ever, Terrence…

• Spencer Serra

★★★½ Rewatched by Spencer Serra 24 Sep, 2015

It's not so much a movie as it is a meditative contemplation on life, death, maturity, and nature. It's all told in a bizarre stream-of-consciousness kind of way, which I understand can seem off-putting and even pretentious for some people.

If you're looking for a gripping story with a twisty plot and plucky characters, look elsewhere. But if you don't mind reflecting on your own memories and past experiences while looking at some gorgeous cinematography, you might like this one.

• strangebill

★★★★★ Watched by strangebill 22 Sep, 2015

The Tree of Life was extremely beautiful and poetic. I'm not exactly sure what to say other than that this is one of the most heartfelt movies I've seen in awhile. I was reminded a lot of The Mirror, and while I think I prefer Tarkovsky's quiet still approach, this was still amazing and evocative. I regret not seeing this in theaters. It would have been incredible with a big screen and a good sound system.

• Pat Dwyer

★★★★★ Watched by Pat Dwyer 21 Sep, 2015

Great cinematography and direction. I love the visuals of the universe being created. the shots of nature were awe-inspiring. this is one of the most beautifully shot films I've ever seen. Chivo Lubezki is a god behind the camera.

the film played out like a series of memories of a man filled with regret. a man not sure why he did things. a man not sure how to feel about his friends, his family, his life. a man confused about…