• CinePersona

★★★★★ Added by CinePersona

One of the Greatest Films of All Time.

• caveman298

★★★★½ Watched by caveman298 29 Oct, 2014

Captivating, tumultuous, provocative, benevolent, sincere, truthful, spectral, honest. This really is something else.

• Jack Ando

★★★½ Watched by Jack Ando 26 Oct, 2014

Like all Malik movies, The Tree of Life consists of captivating cinematography, voice-overs, an unconventional narrative, and me struggling to understand what I just watched when the end credits roll. Totally confusing but visually astounding.

• Roscoe

★½ Added by Roscoe

Pretty, but vapid. The trite dysfuntional family dynamics are never once convincingly elevated onto the COSMIC ETERNAL PLANE that Malick is so strenuously working to lift it all onto.

• RJMacReady

★★★★★ Watched by RJMacReady 25 Oct, 2014

If I had watched this upon release I would have thought it a momentous achievement in film making; a technically breath-taking film with an exceptional visual style.

In 2013 my wife and I had our first baby. A little boy.

Whilst ‘The Tree of Life’ is indeed all the things listed above, with the act of creating and raising a child it becomes something altered. For myself, it is a connection to a film that resonates with me more than…

• cyclone

½ Added by cyclone

WTF..... this was sooooo boring ..... -.-

• Lucciano Vezina

★★★★★ Rewatched by Lucciano Vezina 25 Oct, 2014

The first time I saw this film back in October 2011 when it was available at home video. Watching it the film was good but I didn't think as great as people said because of its storyline. That was 3 years ago. 2014 might be the year where I have begin fully 100"% appreciate the art in film. Now I understand the storyline. I can safely say that The Tree of Life is indeed "a masterpiece" This film shows that…

• Todd

★★★★★ Watched by Todd 23 Oct, 2014

I can't claim to understand what I watched but I've got to say that it was an amazing experience. Death and rebirth are repeated from the birth of the universe to the beginnings of life on earth and fast forwarded to a family in the 1950s. The dreamlike quality to the movie made me feel like I could never really get a hold of what I was seeing or exactly what it all meant. I've been running the images and scenes through my head trying to make sense of it. I look forward to watching this again. What a stunning movie!

• Phil Clayton

Watched by Phil Clayton 24 Oct, 2014

Deeply profound masterpiece or sentimental hogwash?

I found it's message profound it's execution unbearable to watch.

• Andy

½ Added by Andy

Sembra quasi di vederlo brad pitto..li sul letto che si mette le mani in faccia, prima di dove andare sul set di sta ciofeca...e si dice rcamadona, ma chi cazzo me lo ha fatto fare, io dovrei star qua e buttarglielo tutto il giorno all'angelina..e invece no! Varda cosa se deve fa per magná.

• Andy

½ Added by Andy

Che rottura di balle...che süpa..noiosissimo! Se volete del male a qualcuno fategli vedere sta sbobba.

• Gringo

★★★★★ Added by Gringo

Has to be one of the greatest films of all time, though it is complex, visually it is unbelievably compelling.