• heinzwill

★★★★★ Rewatched by heinzwill 04 May, 2016

I had been hearing lots of buzz about Terrence Malick's movies on here. Even before I saw any of his movies, I was certain that Malick will be looked on as this generation's Stanley Kubrick in 20 years time in all the right ways. So, naturally I wanted to see one his works and what better way to start with, possibly, his most acclaimed work to date, The Tree of Life.

There's really nothing new I can say about The…

• dsuh2

½ Added by dsuh2

David Fincher's worst film! Absolute trash-try harder

• Sashi K

★★★★★ Watched by Sashi K 03 May, 2016

I always imagine things like this.. Growing up in a place that someone far a way think perfect when the fact that it isn't. Not because the environment... but because of the people, how we think about ourselves and how we think about the others.
    For two hours my eyes seen the most moving-graphics which drove me to some kind of nostalgic feelings. It's neither sad nor beautiful. It's a memory that will last as a short, blurry clips.
    The…

• heinzwill

Watched by heinzwill 03 May, 2016

I can't give a rating right now as I still have to digest all this. But I will leave you with my first impression after seeing my first Terrence Malick movie:

LOVE IT. LOVE IT. LOVE IT. LOVE IT. LOVE IT. LOVE IT. SO GOOOOD

• susantecno

★★★★½ Added by susantecno

91/100

• Sahar

★½ Added by Sahar

I wanted to like this really really bad but I ???

• Nate Emery

★★★★★ Rewatched by Nate Emery 30 Apr, 2016

This film gets better with every viewing. A marvel.

• Riggan Thomson

★★★★★ Rewatched by Riggan Thomson 30 Apr, 2016

Even on my 4th watch this month, this film still proves to be one of the greatest films I ever watched.
    Watching this on our 4K with a soundbar, was one hell of an experience.
    I give him to you..... I give you my son

• termab

★★★★½ Added by termab

Quite possibly one of the most beautiful and emotive films I have ever seen. Despite the grandeur of some of the film, it felt intensely personal and relatable. There is a universality to the themes of family and nature, told through sparse dialogue and rich visual storytelling.
    Just wonderful

• Jeff King

Watched by Jeff King 22 Apr, 2016

I honestly have no idea what this was. I just know I didn't think it was a masterpiece like everyone else.

It's pretty to look at, but that's not enough. Inserting whole sequences of nonsense imagery, whether astronomical, pre-historical, or what have you, into your movie and then superimposing freshman year philosophy interrogatives over it is not good movie-making. It's obvious and dull. That sequence took me completely out of the film.

The performances are fine but by no means…

• La Pantalla Invisible
  • Giran Findlay

★★★★½ Watched by Giran Findlay 26 Apr, 2016

-visually amazing
    -not really sure what its really about besides a child struggling with growing up
    -very captivating
    -cant put my finger on why, but i was absorbed in it, and i loved it

9/10