• JerrysGold

★★★★★ Watched by JerrysGold 28 May, 2015

Words sometimes can't describe the brilliance of film. Things like The Godfather, The Shining, and There Will Be Blood are impossible to explain how they are brilliant pieces of cinema. Tree of Life is the best example of this. I am tearing up just writing about this movie, its that powerful. This movie is about the beauty and wonder that life has to offer. There are countless scenes of unmatched beauty that make you stop and stare.

This is one…

• Joselu

½ Added by Joselu

HORRIBLE

• Kate

Watched by Kate 25 May, 2015

I feel like I need to sleep on this one for at least a week before I can properly rate it. (However, one thing I CAN say for sure is the confirmation that Jessica Chastain is exquisite and will go down in history as one of the greatest screen actresses of this century. Maybe even for all time. I hope.)

• Sherhan Mahmud

★★★★½ Watched by Sherhan Mahmud 19 May, 2015

This is one of the most beautiful movies of all time. Terrence Malick knows how to really poetically tell his stories. I still find The Thin Red Line amazing over this. But this is an experimental film that really tells the heart of this story. I love how he barely uses CGI in the space scenes, instead he uses chemicals. Apart from the lovely creatures. I'm really surprised it didn't win best cinematography, which lost against to Hugo. Of course, this wouldn't be in the mainstream audience, but if you have patience and watch a lot of movies, you will love this movie.

• Evan Koch

★★★½ Watched by Evan Koch 27 Jun, 2011

evservations.blogspot.com/2011/06/060-tree-of-life-2011.html

What can be said about The Tree of Life that wasn't already said in the two years prior to its release?

I'm kidding, but... not really. It's everything you heard it was going to be. It's a sprawling drama that takes on the biggest, yet most simple, themes; it confuses you greatly; it will evoke probably every emotion you have; and yes, there are dinosaurs.

Probably the most frustrating thing about this film (and this is the type of…

• Kerry Maxwell

★★★★★ Watched by Kerry Maxwell 18 May, 2015

I'm certain to come back to this, as I found it exhilarating and mesmerizing.

• holymountain7

★★★★★ Added by holymountain7 1

The most beautiful film ever made.

• Josh Couch

★★★★★ Watched by Josh Couch 18 May, 2015 1

Life. Love. Family. Adolescence. Creation. Destruction. Faith.

We all experience some pretty tough times in life, but we also experience good ones. There is more to life than letting your emotions engulf you. Live, laugh, and love!

I am a spiritual man and believe wholeheartedly that God allows everything to happen for a reason. We may not yet understand why something happened the way it did, but I believe that there is a purpose.

God doesn't have to answer every…

• Abdullah Muhana

½ Watched by Abdullah Muhana 18 May, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

With all respect this is not a movie that documentary movie, when I see the people who talked about this movie I thought I will see a great movie, but unfortunately it wasn't, one hour they're still talking about a kid who died and the past and his brother still remember him and make his life sad, alright, people will die and they will be forgotten, I'm sorry even I can't keep watching I'm sorry this movie disappointed me.

• Ediz Can Günenç

★★½ Watched by Ediz Can Günenç 16 May, 2015

I can't say I liked the movie. It is unnecessary long and slow. However, the images that represent life&death were amazing and strong, music choices were wonderful and compatible with scenes.

Beautiful and boring at the same time.

• ThatGuyWhoRants

★★ Added by ThatGuyWhoRants

Terrence Malick presents a number of profound themes that ultimately go nowhere. The characters are either too obvious (regarding what they embody) or they're too vague. Frustrating.

• Wade Bearden

★★★★★ Rewatched by Wade Bearden 14 May, 2015 1

"I didn't know how to name You then. But I see it was You. Always You were calling me."

I'm preparing for Seeing and Believing's Top 10 Films of the Decade So Far podcast, and I bet this will make my list.