• Aleksandar Naćić

★★★★★ Watched by Aleksandar Naćić 03 Mar, 2015

Film je prelijep.

Mada, moglo je bez onih dinosaurusa i postanja svijeta. Nepotrebno razvlače film, a time i odbijaju publiku koja nije neki fan ekspresionizma ili koja očekuje od filma da ima konkretnu radnju.

Nema ni centralni dio filma, onaj sa porodicom, radnju u užem smislu te riječi. To jest, nema dijaloga. Nema, čak, ni tok. Ali, Malik, čistom ekspresijom likova, uz minimum riječi, a uz dodatak prelijepih kadrova još ljepših pejzaža (koji su, garant, već pretočeni u kojekakve wallpaper-e)…

• DavidSeven

★★★½ Rewatched by DavidSeven 02 Aug, 2011

First Watch (8/2/11):

As personal as the film feels, it also seems so deeply entrenched in artifice that I feel it comes short of its philosophical potential. It's become a running motif demonstrated in all of Malick's previous films, but none of those have quite blown me away either. This came closest. You can feel the achievement on the screen, and the film is often hypnotizing on a purely sensory level. There are also scenes that shed light on the…

• Aditya Bhagirath

★★★★★ Rewatched by Aditya Bhagirath 01 Mar, 2015

The Palme d'Or Project

The Tree of Life

I won't be going in-depth in this review. Other reviewers can (and certainly have) talked about this film much better than I could ever imagine. They detailed the intense emotions I felt watching this film, the aching sadness, the blissful happiness, the ferocious LOVE.

That, I think, is what I took away most from this film. Love, the love for all of nature, and the love all beings have for one another,…

• marcus_n92

Added by marcus_n92

Had no idea what was going on

• punkduck

Watched by punkduck 10 Jun, 2011

Sunshine Cinema, New York, New York

• Jorge Pardo M.

★★★★ Watched by Jorge Pardo M. 01 Mar, 2015 4

Se me ha hecho un poco cuesta arriba la segunda parte de la película, pero qué primera hora, joder.

CINE.

• Jansen Aui

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jansen Aui 01 Mar, 2015

has the gall to emerge from six years of obscurity with (at present) the definitive cinematic treatment of the Meaning of Life, Love, God, Existence, the Beginning AND the End of Time and also Heaven.

The 'Dawn of Grace' sequence is world-changing stuff—Mr. O'Brien would not approve of my state of emotional wreckage at the end of that, let alone by the time the final credits roll.

• Bryan Andrade

★★★★★ Rewatched by Bryan Andrade 28 Feb, 2015

Every time I watch The Tree of Life I am reminded of its beauty. I also find new meanings and ways of interpreting what Terrence Malick has crafted. I won't attempt to write a detailed review of this film because I would fail miserably, but I will say this. The Tree of Life is truly, in my opinion, one of the most meaningful experiences I've ever had watching a film, and one of the most beautiful films I've ever seen.

• Matthew Bailey

★★★★★ Added by Matthew Bailey

"To him who overcomes, I will grant to eat of the Tree of Life which is in the Paradise of God."
    Revelation 2:7

Yesterday I saw a film alone. I went by myself because I knew my wife would not like the film. This is not a knock on her, she is smart enough to know "Hangover 2" was awful. But I wanted to see the new Terrence Malick film, "The Tree Of Life." Malick is my favorite director. Malick…

• Alexander Perelson

★★★★★ Watched by Alexander Perelson 28 Feb, 2015

An Incredible film in the same class as 2001: A Space Odyssey with breathtaking visuals and master direction from Terrence Malick.

• Gary Busey

★★★★★ Added by Gary Busey

Terrance Malick's The Tree of Life will stand the test of time as one of history's finest pieces of art. Does this mean it is the best film ever made? Not necessarily. Is it my favorite film? No. Is it's appeal universal in nature? No. What makes this film one of history's finest pieces of art is it's ability to tell a story completely from visuals. Not to mention the story it tells, is the story of us. Not the…

• Almasa Pecanin

★★★★★ Watched by Almasa Pecanin 27 Feb, 2015 1

Extremely overwhelming and not easy to watch at all, but without a doubt pure cinematic perfection. It is a masterpiece no matter which way you look at it - in terms of cinematography, acting, content, etc.