• Lucciano Vezina

★★★★★ Rewatched by Lucciano Vezina 25 Oct, 2014

The first time I saw this film back in October 2011 when it was available at home video. Watching it the film was good but I didn't think as great as people said because of its storyline. That was 3 years ago. 2014 might be the year where I have begin fully 100"% appreciate the art in film. Now I understand the storyline. I can safely say that The Tree of Life is indeed "a masterpiece" This film shows that…

• Todd

★★★★★ Watched by Todd 23 Oct, 2014

I can't claim to understand what I watched but I've got to say that it was an amazing experience. Death and rebirth are repeated from the birth of the universe to the beginnings of life on earth and fast forwarded to a family in the 1950s. The dreamlike quality to the movie made me feel like I could never really get a hold of what I was seeing or exactly what it all meant. I've been running the images and scenes through my head trying to make sense of it. I look forward to watching this again. What a stunning movie!

• Phil Clayton

Watched by Phil Clayton 24 Oct, 2014

Deeply profound masterpiece or sentimental hogwash?

I found it's message profound it's execution unbearable to watch.

• Andy

½ Added by Andy

Sembra quasi di vederlo brad pitto..li sul letto che si mette le mani in faccia, prima di dove andare sul set di sta ciofeca...e si dice rcamadona, ma chi cazzo me lo ha fatto fare, io dovrei star qua e buttarglielo tutto il giorno all'angelina..e invece no! Varda cosa se deve fa per magná.

• Andy

½ Added by Andy

Che rottura di balle...che süpa..noiosissimo! Se volete del male a qualcuno fategli vedere sta sbobba.

• Gringo

★★★★★ Added by Gringo

Has to be one of the greatest films of all time, though it is complex, visually it is unbelievably compelling.

• jacksonclark

★★★★★ Rewatched by jacksonclark 18 Oct, 2014

<3<3<3!!!

• Irene Jacob's Doppelganger

★★★★ Rewatched by Irene Jacob's Doppelganger 18 Oct, 2014

This is the fourth time I’ve watched this film. Nowadays this is to film-savvy fans what every Marvel movie was to casual moviegoers. Before sitting, I felt I was done with Terrence Malick. His style rubs me with great effect in the right and wrong ways. He’s a filmmaker with great visual eyes and any shot of his movies blooms so much life. But he can be very ponderous, to the point that they can become preachy, self-important and tedious.…

• Steps_Huettner

★★★★★ Watched by Steps_Huettner 01 Jun, 2011

“There are two paths in this world; the way of nature and the way of grace. You have to choose which one you’ll take.” This is the bare bones theme of Terrence Malick’s highly anticipated Tree of Life, the film which not only explores these two paths, but is also a blend of coming-of-age drama, experimental film, and high-minded epic. The film’s characters are equipped with a sense of religious certainty, which results in intense moral musings. They all speak…

• Eli McGowan

★★★★★ Watched by Eli McGowan 15 Oct, 2014

With time, I might be able to write a longer, more definitive and coherent review. However, suffice it to say I was moved by this film, and that is the very heart of what cinema is supposed to be.

• Carlos

★★★★★ Added by Carlos

• Luke

★★★★★ Watched by Luke 10 Oct, 2014

The Tree of Life is a masterpiece and Terrence Malick is a god. What an intriguing and stimulating film. Between the memory induced nostalgia, being a daddy, and having lost a sibling this film really delivered and gave me a great deal to feel and think about.