• jakemeaux

Added by jakemeaux

What is grace?

• joebacon

★★★★½ Watched by joebacon 17 Dec, 2014

The Tree of Life tells us a story not through heavy amounts of dialogue but through visual expression.

One scene that really stuck out to me was when the family was eating dinner and the one son simply says "shut up sir". If you watch the movie, you feel the actions that will come next and the weight of what he just said.

I believe that's what I like about the movie; it does more with less, giving you more of an experience on the philosophy and spirituality of life through visual expression.

• george procakis

★★★ Added by george procakis

life of a tree (rather) κ η δυσκολία του να δεχτείς βιωματικά οράματα κάποιου ως δικά σου. στο τέλος κυριαρχεί η κόπωση της καλής διάθεσης - the way of grace & an act of grace... beauticious, αλλά beautiful;!

• JaumeMuntane

★★★★ Watched by JaumeMuntane 16 Dec, 2014

Tot i els seus defectes, és d'agraïr quan veure una pelicula és converteix en viure una experiència.

Although its defects, it's a pleasure when watching a movie becomes an experience.

• JarodPrice

★★★★★ Added by JarodPrice

I am at a loss for words. Now I understand why people love this film so much. This is the most beautiful film I have ever seen. Just the creation sequences alone is a reason to watch this film. But the film isn't just pretty visuals. The acting is just magnificent. For the small screen time Sean Penn has, he conveys tons of emotion with the little lines he had to read. Brad Pitt is as fantastic as ever, same…

• Rubix Hodor

★★★★ Added by Rubix Hodor

The most riveting, moving and utterly breath-taking 45 minutes ever committed to celluloid. The Pitt/Chastain portion of this film was so amazing, it made the dinosaur, escalators, Sean Penn crap justifiable. How many Mallicks does it take to get to the center of the universe? The world may never know.

• Evan Rode

★★★★★ Watched by Evan Rode 15 Dec, 2014

I don't even know how to review this. It was like a spiritual experience for me.

• Gavin Breeden

★★★★★ Rewatched by Gavin Breeden 13 Dec, 2014

Still an all-time top ten movie for me. I feel like I'll be watching this for the rest of my life and that sense of wonder and discovery that this movie elicits will never go away.

• Jake Reed

★★★★★ Watched by Jake Reed 10 Dec, 2014 1

I watched it. I finally watched The Tree of Life.

Terrence Malick's first movie since 2005.

The winner of the Palme d'Or in 2011.

One of three films of the new millennium to be on the Sights & Sounds "Greatest Films" list.

The favorite movie of a few dear friends who's cinematic tastes I hold in high regards.

The movie described as "self-absorbed", "achingly slow", "preachy", and "pretentious". Also "bullshit".

I watched The Tree of Life.
    And then I watched it again.
    And again.
    And I wept.

• CoolStarBro

★½ Watched by CoolStarBro 11 Dec, 2014

After watching the movie I don't know wether they as a family believe in god or some of them believe in god or if god is even involved but the kids sure like to say father. The one that talked. That's me being sarcastic. The only thing I got out of this movie was it sucks to move forward with a whole family if the whole family doesn't love you.

Peace

• ShadetreeDad

★½ Watched by ShadetreeDad 11 Dec, 2014

Okay, I get it. This is an “art” project. Here’s the plot. “Father/God” (who is all powerful) has children and he loves them, but doesn’t do anything to help them. He's a hands off kinda guy. And you don’t like Father all that much, but you know he loves you. And you're pretty miserable the entire time. Also, you seem to be stuck at 12 years old, except occasionally you're 60 years old, and still miserable. Oh yea, you have…

• Derek Diercksmeier

Rewatched by Derek Diercksmeier 12 Dec, 2014 2

To call this film haunting is a massive understatement.

This film forever changed my life.

It made me realize and appreciate the sublime beauty of nature on a level I had never imagined, as well as opening my eyes to an entirely new type of film..

Terrence Malick's style of filmmaking alone was enough to melt my heart.

Along with masterpieces from both Nicolas Winding Refn and Lars von Trier, the 2011 Cannes Film Festival brought us this extraordinary work.…