• Richard Doyle

★★★★ Watched by Richard Doyle 26 Sep, 2014

Here's a film I like, but don't love. I know a lot of people love it dearly, and I can see why, but I'm not there. It's a beautiful film to look at, and it works marvellously on an intuitive, emotional level. I love quite a bit of it ... with reservations. The basic storytelling is really quite poor, and needlessly so. It seems quite important for the viewer to understand what particular events mean and what particular characters are…

• Alec Price

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alec Price 15 Sep, 2014

Malick's magisterial humanist opus is one of the great artistic works of the new century. Visually stunning, conceptually fascinating, philosophically perplexing, it is, at its core, a peerless study of the maturation of a young life, from the first stirrings of consciousness to the refinement of recognisable human characteristics. The famed creation sequence, perhaps the most singularly bold chapter in modern cinema, can be interpreted both literally and metaphorically - our very being, our physical and cognitive development, is inextricably…

• Leandro Henrique Dessart

★★★★ Added by Leandro Henrique Dessart

Um filme belíssimo. Uma reflexão sobre as implicações dos relacionamentos familiares.

• Ben Dugan

★★★★★ Added by Ben Dugan

It seems you either dig Malick's films or you don't. I dig them. Really, his 1997 film "The Thin Red Line" is one of the reasons why I started digging deeper into art cinema in the first place.
    "The Tree of Life" is the most Malick-y of Malick's films I find. And I love it. God, dinosaurs, a good Brad Pitt performance, a slightly confused Sean Penn, the most beautiful cinematography you're likely to see. This film works for me on an emotional, spiritual, and intellectual level. It's wonderful.

• ErinTheMiller

★★½ Added by ErinTheMiller

This either needs to be watched in a movie theater or at 2AM in the morning when the world is asleep.

Just the right amount of feels to get me feeling. The space and dinosaur thing freaked me out cuz I was confused.

Alexander Krapf said that this was his favorite movie and I SORTA understand why because of brothers, I guess.

Did Brad Pitt win awards for this? (Googling right now...) Ehh, not him personally, but the movie got some Gotham indie award.

Don't watch this unless you want to feel deep.

• Elik Chapnik

Added by Elik Chapnik

Need to see it again...

• Zifeng_Kevin

★★★★★ Added by Zifeng_Kevin

With unconventional narration and incredible cinematography, The Tree of Life is a masterpiece before its time.

• Jugu Abraham
  • radiomanhead

★★★★ Added by radiomanhead

Una película increíblemente visual, con pocos diálogos, buena música y una fotografía de ensueño, me parece que los artistas gráficos disfrutaran mucho mas de ella que otro tipo de espectadores.

La religión, la vida, la muerte, plasmados a través de las vivencias de una familia y claro esta, de los ojos de Malick, que no es perfecta, no, pero tampoco creo que le haga falta.

Filme de culto instantáneo no recomendable para amantes del cine únicamente comercial y que debe ser visto en la pantalla mas grande posible.

• JC13

★★★ Watched by JC13 05 Sep, 2014

"It takes fierce will to get ahead in this world. If you're good, people take advantage of you."- Mr. O'Brien

Terrence Malick's The Tree of Life seems to be one of those love of hate movies. Some call it a pretentious piece of shit and others hail it as a modern day masterpiece. I'm kind of in the middle. The film didn't really have any real story if you ask me which put me off and it seems like it's…

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★½ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 27 Feb, 2012

Majestically filmed, wonderfully performed, emotionally overwhelming, and visually mind-blowing, The Tree of Life is a noteworthy cinematic achievement of epic proportions. It is an admirable piece of work from beginning to end.

This film hardly has a plot but I seriously doubt it was meant to have one. That's something I usually dislike, but nevertheless I liked The Tree of Life very, very much. In a way, it was an intellectual and spiritually experience rather than a cinematic one. It's…

• Martin Kørra