• radiomanhead

★★★★ Added by radiomanhead

Una película increíblemente visual, con pocos diálogos, buena música y una fotografía de ensueño, me parece que los artistas gráficos disfrutaran mucho mas de ella que otro tipo de espectadores.

La religión, la vida, la muerte, plasmados a través de las vivencias de una familia y claro esta, de los ojos de Malick, que no es perfecta, no, pero tampoco creo que le haga falta.

Filme de culto instantáneo no recomendable para amantes del cine únicamente comercial y que debe ser visto en la pantalla mas grande posible.

• JC13

★★★ Watched by JC13 05 Sep, 2014

"It takes fierce will to get ahead in this world. If you're good, people take advantage of you."- Mr. O'Brien

Terrence Malick's The Tree of Life seems to be one of those love of hate movies. Some call it a pretentious piece of shit and others hail it as a modern day masterpiece. I'm kind of in the middle. The film didn't really have any real story if you ask me which put me off and it seems like it's…

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★½ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 27 Feb, 2012

Majestically filmed, wonderfully performed, emotionally overwhelming, and visually mind-blowing, The Tree of Life is a noteworthy cinematic achievement of epic proportions. It is an admirable piece of work from beginning to end.

This film hardly has a plot but I seriously doubt it was meant to have one. That's something I usually dislike, but nevertheless I liked The Tree of Life very, very much. In a way, it was an intellectual and spiritually experience rather than a cinematic one. It's…

• Martin Kørra

★★★★ Rewatched by Martin Kørra 17 Sep, 2014 5

Third time's the charm.

• Adam Cadre

★★½ Watched by Adam Cadre 05 Jan, 2014

• Martin Kørra

★★★ Rewatched by Martin Kørra 14 Sep, 2014

Correction: This might be the most well shot film ever (also the most boring).

• John Connor

★★★★½ Watched by John Connor 04 Jul, 2011

An obtuse, enigmatic film that soars at its best. The amazing camera-work, music and performances were just enough to keep me watching as information was being doled out in tiny, fragmentary bursts, but ultimately I thought it came together in its own subtle way (though the dozen-odd walkouts from my session would doubtless disagree). My appreciation is not without reservations: the final coda on the beach felt unnecessary to me, but it didn't detract from the emotional heights I'd reached by then.

• Stuck Up Film Teacher

★★★ Added by Stuck Up Film Teacher

It's not Citizen Kane, but it has grass.

• An Angry Bear

★★★★★ Watched by An Angry Bear 13 Sep, 2014

This movie has two things I love about movies: pretentiousness and dinosaurs (it's why I watch Nova and why I love that time travel in the plane episode of The Twilight Zone), so I was kind of a sucker for this film.

• Unnikrishnan

★★★★ Added by Unnikrishnan

Movie with awesome cinematography.

• Danny Wolfe

★★★★½ Watched by Danny Wolfe 12 Sep, 2014

The only reason I haven't awarded this masterpiece five stars is because I still don't quite understand it. So much is left unsaid. I have so many questions that will probably never be answered. But that's okay, because I feel like that's part of what this movie is about. I will enjoy watching this again and pondering it for years to come.

• georgetomacini

★★★★★ Added by georgetomacini

An astonishing movie, in about every way. It takes you to the stratosphere. In another time could have had the effect, on the pop culture, that 2001 did in the late '60s. Hard to compare it to any other movie, even any other Malick movie. It's profoundly original.