• pnb

★★★★½ Watched by pnb 24 Aug, 2014

I'm sorry I didn't get to see it when it was in the theater. Amazingly beautiful. The Tree of Life doesn't insult viewers by providing unneeded explanation or narration during the long scenes of the history of the Earth.

I did have trouble really getting the ending but it was worth the effort.

• The Film Fox

★★★★★ Rewatched by The Film Fox 26 Aug, 2014

I hate to sound like a hippie but I find this spiritually cleansing.

• Joe Bloggs

Watched by Joe Bloggs 16 May, 2011

Hello, My Friend. Stay Awhile And Listen.

• Fredrik Fyhr

★★★★ Rewatched by Fredrik Fyhr 25 Aug, 2014

Once again, I find myself rewatching THE TREE OF LIFE. I like it even more now, but still feel it is too long.

I'm not through with it.

• Jiel73

★★½ Watched by Jiel73 24 Aug, 2014

I had really high expectations for this movie, after I had seen the trailer and heard some good reviews. The movie is really beutiful but it was way to pretencious for me. I didn' t get it and was quite bored.

• Hannah Long

★★★★ Rewatched by Hannah Long 22 Aug, 2014

Sean Penn at the end of this movie:

*wakes up*

"Phew...what was *in* that drink?"

• Luke Pamer

★★ Watched by Luke Pamer 23 Aug, 2014 9

Art.

• Antonin Monarque

★★★★★ Watched by Antonin Monarque 20 Aug, 2014

"I am sorry. You are my brother."

Woh. Woh. Woh.
    When I rented The Tree of Life, my 20 year-old sister (who's a Twilight, Divergent fan, initially) told me I made a huge mistake, this movie being "a big pile of boring cr*p".
    I didn't care at all what she had to say, and as I guessed, I was right not listening to her, because The Tree of Life was EVERYTHING but a big pile of boring crap.

It was…

• Michael

★★★★ Watched by Michael 11 Jun, 2011

Astonishingly beautiful meditation on life. You may respond with a reverential "Oh, my god" or with a bewildered "What the fuck?" or, likely, a combination thereof but this is undeniably a master filmmaker at ease and in love with his medium. The ending of the film, unfortunately, is a bit hackneyed and does more to obscure than to clarify but, even with that, this is formidable achievement of cinematic art which should be seen on film on the biggest screen you can find.

• itsterrific

★★★★★ Added by itsterrific

Like 2001: A Space Odyssey. But with feelings.

• Quinn Thacker

★★★★½ Added by Quinn Thacker

Can words describe this?

• Ethan

★★★★½ Rewatched by Ethan 16 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.