• susantecno

★★★★½ Added by susantecno

91/100

• Sahar

★½ Added by Sahar

I wanted to like this really really bad but I ???

• Nate Emery

★★★★★ Rewatched by Nate Emery 30 Apr, 2016

This film gets better with every viewing. A marvel.

• Riggan Thomson

★★★★★ Rewatched by Riggan Thomson 30 Apr, 2016

Even on my 4th watch this month, this film still proves to be one of the greatest films I ever watched.
    Watching this on our 4K with a soundbar, was one hell of an experience.
    I give him to you..... I give you my son

• termab

★★★★½ Added by termab

Quite possibly one of the most beautiful and emotive films I have ever seen. Despite the grandeur of some of the film, it felt intensely personal and relatable. There is a universality to the themes of family and nature, told through sparse dialogue and rich visual storytelling.
    Just wonderful

• Jeff King

Watched by Jeff King 22 Apr, 2016

I honestly have no idea what this was. I just know I didn't think it was a masterpiece like everyone else.

It's pretty to look at, but that's not enough. Inserting whole sequences of nonsense imagery, whether astronomical, pre-historical, or what have you, into your movie and then superimposing freshman year philosophy interrogatives over it is not good movie-making. It's obvious and dull. That sequence took me completely out of the film.

The performances are fine but by no means…

• La Pantalla Invisible
  • Giran Findlay

★★★★½ Watched by Giran Findlay 26 Apr, 2016

-visually amazing
    -not really sure what its really about besides a child struggling with growing up
    -very captivating
    -cant put my finger on why, but i was absorbed in it, and i loved it

9/10

• jameso67

★★★½ Added by jameso67

A collection of images, no matter how beautiful and/or brilliant they are, if when put together they do not add up to anything, they are no more than a collection of images. In "The Tree of Life", acclaimed directors Terrence Malick presents the audience with his meditations on life. The opening 30-40 minutes of the films are cinematic and astounding, however the film never presents us with a thesis as to what all of Malick's images mean. "The Tree of…

• Justin Rollo

★★★★★ Watched by Justin Rollo 24 Apr, 2016

Me: "It's a super artsy film starring Brad Pitt with dinosaurs"

Girlfriend: "Wait, what the fuck??"

• bbanks2121

★★★ Watched by bbanks2121 14 Mar, 2016

I really wish I could say that I fully appreciated this movie as much as others but I guess I am just unable to see it. Without a doubt one of the most ambitions movies I've ever seen, though. Maybe after another viewing I will get a bigger grasp on it.

• Arthur Freitas

★★★★★ Rewatched by Arthur Freitas 23 Apr, 2016

Parte do projeto de pesquisa “Vozes sobrepostas nos filmes de Malick”.

Revi ele pela segunda essa vez esse ano, e A Árvore da Vida continua sendo um dos melhores filmes que eu já vi.

Nessa revisão, porém, eu o vi de uma maneira tão mais simples. A gente acaba enfocando sempre a relação entre a cena espacial e o Texas da década de 1950 que esquecemos que a sequência da aurora da vida vem bastante cedo no filme, e basicamente…