• Cameron Morewood

★★★★★ Rewatched by Cameron Morewood 28 Aug, 2014

One of the greatest films I've ever seen and Terrence Malick's magnum opus. This film is Malick's worldview put to screen. The result is transcendently inspiring. This film, in some way, centers around a tragedy, a death in the family. All of a sudden, it's about much more. A contemplation of the meaning of life and death. The meaning of family. The meaning of love. I love this film, dinosaurs and all.

• PitchingBear

★★★½ Watched by PitchingBear 28 Aug, 2014

"The Tree of Life" resonated with me on so many levels. I think it almost perfectly captures the confusion, angst, and beauty of growing up on this mysterious planet, especially as a boy becoming a man. The acting and cinematography are nothing short of masterful. And while this film is not the most accessible of Malick's works, I think most every viewer will find a chapter that they identify with.

• jennwieland

★★★½ Added by jennwieland

Most movies today are for entertainment only. Very few are bold enough to actually challenge how we think about the important things in life. The Tree of Life is not most movies. The majority of the dialogue in the movie is voice over, introspective questions of the actors paralleling with the events that unfold on screen.
    It is a commentary on one family's tragedy and how they can possibly make it through with their faith and family in tact. It…

• Windyblue

★★★★★ Added by Windyblue

Warning:
    Domestic abuse
    Domestic violence
    Misogyny
    Victim blaming

No real plot, just a portrait of a family. Probably the best film I've ever seen.

You really understand the beauty of water in light in a way no director has ever portrayed. You understand lines. You understand that plants are mass textures and use them accordingly. You understand that everything is beautiful, that the things that life is filled with are all from the fantastic. You understand that the soundtrack to…

• Alice Wheaton

★★★★½ Added by Alice Wheaton

absolutely fucking beautiful
    vimeo.com/81601182 this short film reminds me of tree of life and everyone should watch it because it's beautiful

• Eli Hayes

★★★★★ Rewatched by Eli Hayes 29 Aug, 2014

So much of this film's beauty is communicated without words, that I feel it would be a disservice to attempt to review it. There are certain films that I don't even try to write about, interpret or analyze. This is one of those films.

This is one of those experiences.

• mrheston

Watched by mrheston 30 Aug, 2014

Una chapa monumental que cuenta muchísimo, muchísimo menos de lo que le gustaría. Mucho susurro, mucho primer plano dramático, pero nada de lo que muchos otros no nos hayan hablado antes y mejor.

Lo que no quita que como ejercicio audiovisual sea espectacular. Da la sensación de que Malick ha comprado todos los clips de vídeo de stock del mundo y ha montado una película con ellos, pero ciertamente no hay un solo plano feo. Apoyándose exclusivamente en eso ha conseguido tenerme engatusado los cuarenta primeros minutos; a partir de ahí, sopor infinito.

En fin, no hemos logrado conectar.

• Andrew Willis

★★★★ Watched by Andrew Willis 13 Jul, 2011

I am playing catch up on these blogs. I am nearing the end and I found an interesting similarity. I was listening to the guys at the /Film podcast review Transformers 3. I just watched this movie yesterday. They said the film was critic proof. This is a term that people assign to films that mass audiences are going to go see regardless of critics opinions or bad word of mouth. There are several type of films that fit into…

• pnb

★★★★½ Watched by pnb 24 Aug, 2014

I'm sorry I didn't get to see it when it was in the theater. Amazingly beautiful. The Tree of Life doesn't insult viewers by providing unneeded explanation or narration during the long scenes of the history of the Earth.

I did have trouble really getting the ending but it was worth the effort.

• The Film Fox

★★★★★ Rewatched by The Film Fox 26 Aug, 2014

I hate to sound like a hippie but I find this spiritually cleansing.

• Joe Bloggs

Watched by Joe Bloggs 16 May, 2011

The True Path to Happiness is Love

• Fredrik Fyhr

★★★★ Rewatched by Fredrik Fyhr 25 Aug, 2014

Once again, I find myself rewatching THE TREE OF LIFE. I like it even more now, but still feel it is too long.

I'm not through with it.