• Sherhan Mahmud

★★★★½ Watched by Sherhan Mahmud 19 May, 2015

This is one of the most beautiful movies of all time. Terrence Malick knows how to really poetically tell his stories. I still find The Thin Red Line amazing over this. But this is an experimental film that really tells the heart of this story. I love how he barely uses CGI in the space scenes, instead he uses chemicals. Apart from the lovely creatures. I'm really surprised it didn't win best cinematography, which lost against to Hugo. Of course, this wouldn't be in the mainstream audience, but if you have patience and watch a lot of movies, you will love this movie.

• Evan Koch

★★★½ Watched by Evan Koch 27 Jun, 2011

evservations.blogspot.com/2011/06/060-tree-of-life-2011.html

What can be said about The Tree of Life that wasn't already said in the two years prior to its release?

I'm kidding, but... not really. It's everything you heard it was going to be. It's a sprawling drama that takes on the biggest, yet most simple, themes; it confuses you greatly; it will evoke probably every emotion you have; and yes, there are dinosaurs.

Probably the most frustrating thing about this film (and this is the type of…

• Kerry Maxwell

★★★★★ Watched by Kerry Maxwell 18 May, 2015

I'm certain to come back to this, as I found it exhilarating and mesmerizing.

• holymountain7

★★★★★ Added by holymountain7

The most beautiful film ever made.

• Josh Couch

★★★★★ Watched by Josh Couch 18 May, 2015

Life. Love. Family. Adolescence. Creation. Destruction. Faith.

We all experience some pretty tough times in life, but we also experience good ones. There is more to life than letting your emotions engulf you. Live, laugh, and love!

I am a spiritual man and believe wholeheartedly that God allows everything to happen for a reason. We may not yet understand why something happened the way it did, but I believe that there is a purpose.

God doesn't have to answer every…

• Abdullah Muhana

½ Watched by Abdullah Muhana 18 May, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

With all respect this is not a movie that documentary movie, when I see the people who talked about this movie I thought I will see a great movie, but unfortunately it wasn't, one hour they're still talking about a kid who died and the past and his brother still remember him and make his life sad, alright, people will die and they will be forgotten, I'm sorry even I can't keep watching I'm sorry this movie disappointed me.

• Ediz Can Günenç

★★½ Watched by Ediz Can Günenç 16 May, 2015

I can't say I liked the movie. It is unnecessary long and slow. However, the images that represent life&death were amazing and strong, music choices were wonderful and compatible with scenes.

Beautiful and boring at the same time.

• ThatGuyWhoRants

★★ Added by ThatGuyWhoRants

Terrence Malick presents a number of profound themes that ultimately go nowhere. The characters are either too obvious (regarding what they embody) or they're too vague. Frustrating.

• Wade Bearden

★★★★★ Rewatched by Wade Bearden 14 May, 2015 1

"I didn't know how to name You then. But I see it was You. Always You were calling me."

I'm preparing for Seeing and Believing's Top 10 Films of the Decade So Far podcast, and I bet this will make my list.

• murrddocks

★★★ Added by murrddocks

Beautiful film. It was kind of boring tbh.

• Felipe Bascunan

★★★★★ Rewatched by Felipe Bascunan 09 May, 2015

I'd forgotten that this was a masterpiece. Funny that.

• briarrose

★★★ Watched by briarrose 11 May, 2015

This is a difficult film to rate. It's visually spectacular. It wrestles with the big questions of life, death, grief, our place in everything. But its impressionistic style and ambiguous narrative are at times frustrating and alienating. The film invites you in, and then pushes you away, over and over again. It's exhausting to watch.