• Luca Lagerstrom

★★★★★ Watched by Luca Lagerstrom 03 Sep, 2015 2

WOW. That changed the way I look at the world entirely.
    The cinematography.
    The acting.
    The music.
    The direction.

This is easily one of the greatest experiences watching a film I have ever had. Perfection.

100/100

• Milez Das

★★★★★ Watched by Milez Das 03 Sep, 2015 6

Mrs. O'Brien: [voice over] The nuns taught us there were two ways through life - the way of nature and the way of grace. You have to choose which one you'll follow.

Life is a precious thing. When we are born we see a new world., which is new to us. We cry because we want to talk we want to ask questions. We are treated with love and affection. We are taught to love. We are taught to speak,…

• mellowigloo

★★★★★ Added by mellowigloo

Life-changing movie. I wrote about it in my physical journal. DP Emmanuel Lubeski's shots embody beauty.

• Conan Tan

★★★½ Watched by Conan Tan 25 Jul, 2015

The visuals look good like it came straight from your dreams including the nonsensical order the film has. Might require some re-viewings to make some sense of the events of the film.

• nrbeaton

★★★★ Watched by nrbeaton 04 Jul, 2011

A beautiful, expansive film, though at times some of the mysterious imagery becomes somewhat strained.

• Merriweather

★★★ Added by Merriweather

Dull, pretentious, and boring. But that doesn't mean its not beautiful.

• Harry Lime

★★★★★ Rewatched by Harry Lime 27 Aug, 2015

My favorite film since 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY, and definitely the most ambitious and visually stunning film since then.
    No film reaches me and connects me more deeply with my own experiences than this film.

• rewatchvalue

★★★½ Watched by rewatchvalue 23 Aug, 2015

3 stars solely for the beautiful and mesmerizing cinematography, the other 1/2 star for its attempt at telling, what could have been a really great story. If the second half of the film wasn't filled with just kids running around their yard and Brad Pitt losing it out of nowhere, The Tree of Life could have been great.
    Other films with the same premise revolving around the questioning of faith and God, such as Life of Pi and Amadeus, were able to capture both trials of faith with an outstanding original script, so it can be done.

• Katelyn

★★★ Rewatched by Katelyn 29 Jun, 2014

Chivo. That's all I have to say.

• EpicEdwardo

★★★★★ Rewatched by EpicEdwardo 22 Aug, 2015

In 1888 Roundhay Garden Scene was created - this is considered by many to be the first celluloid film.

Since then, cinema has been slowly inching its way to the creation of The Tree of Life. First The Trip to the Moon, then The Passion of Joan of Arc, then Citizen Kane, then 2001: A Space Odyssey, then The Mirror and now 123 years later The Tree of Life.

There is so much I want to say about the Tree…

• Ollie Cowan

★★½ Watched by Ollie Cowan 20 Aug, 2015

There is no denying that this film is visually impressive, the performances are also very good, especially from the younger cast members as they portray a convincing display of adolescence and learning about life from their parents, who seem to share different outlooks on the world. My main issue with this film is that it is quite boring, also takes itself a little too seriously, and dare I say, pretentious. This is my second Terence Malick film (Badlands being the…

• Ddvw123abc

★★★★★ Added by Ddvw123abc

Was just listening to the soundtrack and looking at some stills and felt I needed to say how great this film is. So ethereal and beautiful, it takes you on a captivating journey.