• jcase95

★★★★★ Rewatched by jcase95 31 Jul, 2015

I really had forgotten how much I love this movie. The Usual Suspects has just about everything I look for in a movie and manages to present itself in a way that is as perfect as it could be. The writing is phenomenal. The story is somehow really complex but still fairly easy to follow. It's just cerebral enough to keep the thinkers in the audience thinking and still exciting enough to keep those there for pure entertainment entertained. And…

• Derenzo

★★★½ Watched by Derenzo 26 Sep, 1995

$4.50 matinee at Westgate

• Conrado Falco

★★½ Watched by Conrado Falco 31 Jul, 2015

I already knew the movie's final twist the first time I saw 'The Usual Suspect'. As a peer-pressured teenager, I convinced myself that I liked the movie, and that Kevin Spacey's performance was brilliant. Revisiting it, however, I agree with what has come to be regarded as the critical consensus: once you know the twist, there is little to love about the movie. The very nature of the reveal makes plot the most important element of the movie. It's not…

• poehlerfeyck

★★★★½ Watched by poehlerfeyck 25 Jul, 2015

Great ensemble cast,suspenseful story and a cracking conclusion.

• Jenna K

★★½ Added by Jenna K

Unless you're watching the lineup scene over and over again, this movie just doesn't hold up to repeat viewings.

• Gwenllian

★★★★★ Rewatched by Gwenllian 28 Jul, 2015

I finally got to see this on the big screen! I'm so happy! I was too young when this first came out; it wasn't even on my radar of movies to attract my interest at the time. A friend made me watch it for my birthday a few years later and my love of Keyser Soze began. Gabriel Byrne's Dean Keaton also gets the credit for my love of pea coats; he just looks so cool in his in the…

• Robert

★★★★ Rewatched by Robert 29 Jul, 2015

I wish I hadn't watched this as a teen when it came out, knowing how it ends makes this particular film much less thrilling.

• jameshaven

★★★★★ Watched by jameshaven 26 Jul, 2015

I don't give many films 5 stars this deserves it.

• Sri Mulyati

★★★★½ Watched by Sri Mulyati 26 Jul, 2015

I like how this movie does not play on the usual the real bad guy is the good one twist. We may see that coming but not in such a way. This movie cleverly puts the twist as something that makes the audience revisit the whole narrative just to see how everything is carefully arranged. One of the best of the genre and oh, Happy Birthday, Kevin Spacey!

• Alex Leadbeater

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alex Leadbeater 25 Jul, 2015

My absolute favourite, bar none.

• Josh Rosenthal

★★★★★ Watched by Josh Rosenthal 22 Jul, 2015

Probably one of the best crime films I've ever seen, plus this movie had an amazing screenplay.

• Mathias Eek

★★★★½ Watched by Mathias Eek 22 Jul, 2015

Great movie. Felt a little bit "messy" in the beginning, but once I got a hold of the story and the characters, it really took of. Nice twist at the end. It was built up so that you could start to understand it right before the reveal. Great storytelling.