• Stu Kirwan

★★★★ Watched by Stu Kirwan 28 Aug, 2015 2

This is definitely one that gets less enjoyable with each viewing. Upon first viewing it's great, but once you know what happens it just doesn't have the intricacies or details to make it better each time (think Fight Club). In fact, it's downfalls become more apparent as half of it doesn't actually really make much sense and all suspense and intrigue is gone.

Nevertheless, it's still a stylish crime outing that does stand out from the rest. It's just a shame that it isn't as smart as it wants to be.

• MovieMeditation

★★★★ Rewatched by MovieMeditation 16 Jun, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn’t exist…

My initial viewing of this was anything but usual, since I think the hype around the movie clouded my mind to a certain point, where it would confuse my ability to focus on what I was currently watching. I would like to think that I was suspect to the classic phenomenon of expecting something more or something else entirely. I guess the hype made me expect…

• Merriweather

★★★★ Added by Merriweather

Predictable.

• Cam

★★★★★ Added by Cam

I CAN’T BELIEVE I HAVE TO DEFEND THE USUAL SUSPECTS

Granted, I don’t believe any film needs to be defended if the artistry is pointed, but the contemporary opinion that The Usual Suspects is lacking in depth for the sake of its twist is one I feel is incredibly misguided. So, let’s be up front about this sucker punch of a movie: everyone “gets” it.

The Usual Suspects is not high art. There’s not a pretentious bone in its body…

• Conan Tan

★★★★ Watched by Conan Tan 03 Aug, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Verbal Kint is Keyser Soze. I kind of felt it coming maybe from the beginning.

• eschwa22

★★ Added by eschwa22

4/10: ★★★★☆☆☆☆☆☆

• ekip

★★★★½ Rewatched by ekip 25 Aug, 2015

Super Twist, Geniale Charaktere und ein tollkühner Plan.

• Pranav

★★★★ Watched by Pranav 22 Aug, 2015

although it seems obvious who the bad guy is, they try to trick you and movie was kinda engaging. acting was amazing.

• David Kingston

★½ Added by David Kingston

The brilliance of Benicio Del Toro's brief performance literally gave this movie a full extra star.

• slasherboy15

★★★★★ Added by slasherboy15

I love everything about this movie. Its just a drag no one can appreciate this kind of twist anymore since its been done to death at this point! One of my all time faves!

• Wooderson

★★★★ Watched by Wooderson 20 Aug, 2015

Film #17 of the Scavenger Hunt #5
    Task #23 A movie where the bad guy wins

20 years later I finally watched this, and somehow the ending didn't get spoiled. Keyser Söze is a name I had heard over the years but never knew what it was from. Solid thriller with a great twist.

My friend Steve's band made a Usual Suspects inspired music video like ten years ago that I now understand. Video

• MrPractical

★★★★★ Watched by MrPractical 26 Jul, 2015

WOW! A very meticulously well drawn out, intriguingly crafted thriller. Centered around a sole survivor tells of the twisty events leading up to a horrific gun battle on a boat, which begin when five criminals meet at a seemingly random police lineup. In about two months time this film will be 20 years, and I just finish watching it for the first time. Now after all this time I can understand the whole hoopla surrounding this film, it was truly…