• phil haigh

★★★½ Rewatched by phil haigh 17 Apr, 2015

20 years since the film and Kaiser Sosey were both released. Spacey works it for all he's worth. The plot's clever but creaky and jerks along, the characters are all empty and it says nothing new, but Spacey's performance and voice-over narrative (giving it distance and unreliability) along with carefully constructed shots and moody cinematography really lift the film.

• JohnAllegretti

Watched by JohnAllegretti 03 Jul, 2014

Netflix

• reba

★★★ Watched by reba 11 Apr, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

It's my own stupid fault for leaving it so stupid long. Never got round to watching this until today, and somewhere along the way I must have found out Spacey dunnit, because right from the start I knew he burned down the boat, then when I heard Soze was unknown I knew it was him. Like, everyone knows and I was just sure I'd been told before. Annoying because this isn't actually that good? It relies SO HEAVILY on the…

• mturk17

★★★★ Added by mturk17

PLOT TWIST?!

• Reece Leonard

★★★★½ Added by Reece Leonard

With smart direction, strong performances, and a shocking final twist, "The Usual Suspects" is a masterclass on how a crime-thriller should be made.

• Nino Vukalovic

★★★½ Watched by Nino Vukalovic 04 Apr, 2015

This is the kind of movie that people like (and overrate) because of the plot twist at the end. However, once you know the ending (which is ridiculous as it makes the entire plot pointless), the movie really isn't worth watching again, unlike something like Fight Club, which holds up on repeated viewings.

• Jarret

★★★½ Watched by Jarret 06 Apr, 2015

A smart thriller that I mostly liked. Like most people on earth, I knew the twist beforehand, and it's a good one but kind of obvious. Also I imagined it to be revealed more subtly, I'm interested in how I would have felt about the film if I didn't know the twist. This is probably Kevin Spacey's best performance though, he deserved the Oscar. It's flawed but I had fun.

• Garrus Vakarian

★★★ Added by Garrus Vakarian

Spacey glues it all together while Benicio is memorable with a couple classic one-liners.

• Ace Gunner

★★★★½ Added by Ace Gunner

ANOTHER CLASS MOVIE WITH A FEW TWISTS .RECCOMENDED

• ShadetreeDad

★★★ Rewatched by ShadetreeDad 04 Apr, 2015 2

Finally decided to watch this again, after like 10 years. All I really remembered was the ending. With that knowledge, my experience this time was much different. Admittedly great acting by all, but the storyline is actually pretty weak. And still hard to follow.
    My rating dropped a half star after this viewing.
    I better not watch again. Probably go lower.
    Your results may vary......

• SebL

★★★★ Watched by SebL 06 Apr, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Very good, i knew it was the cripple the whole time but, very nice, i like it.

• Tori

★★★½ Watched by Tori 05 Apr, 2015

This had a hard time keeping my attention the whole way through, but it certainly picked up by the end, and I was just not expecting certain things at all.