• Ross Hamilton

★★★★ Rewatched by Ross Hamilton 19 Mar, 2014

Watched The Usual Suspects again with my flatmate, who had never seen it before. Four stars for his reaction to the ending alone.

• Roger Joseph Ebert

★★ Added by Roger Joseph Ebert

The first time I saw "The Usual Suspects" was in January, at the Sundance Film Festival, and when I began to lose track of the plot, I thought it was maybe because I'd seen too many movies that day. Some of the other members of the audience liked it, and so when I went to see it again in July, I came armed with a notepad and a determination not to let crucial plot points slip by me. Once again,…

• KasperL

★★★★★ Added by KasperL

Whenever I return to 'The Usual Suspects' I surrender myself completely to it once more. This was one of the key movies which kickstarted my obsession with film. It made me aware of the intricacies of narration, and I've been fascinated by unreliable narrators and the skills it takes to successfully misdirect with narrative ever since.

• Tyrion Lannister

★★★½ Watched by Tyrion Lannister 20 Apr, 2014

Kevin Spacey makes this movie. Without his presence this movie would be like every other run of the mill crime/heist movie. I was excited to see Giancarlo Esposito's name in the opening credits, but his performance is small and insignificant. Any actor could have played his part. The "twist" at the end is somewhat predictable, but nevertheless well orchestrated. I would watch this movie if you enjoy Kevin Spacey, or if you have a thing for con men with cerebral palsy like I do. Or both.

• TheMoon

★★★★ Watched by TheMoon 20 Apr, 2014

This movie has everything right even with a plot twist that will make you say "What a twist!". Definitely a good movie to watch.

• drinnocuous

★★★★★ Added by drinnocuous

A crime drama at least as good as Goodfellas, something to rival The Godfather. The plot is excellent as well as the characters, and although I wouldn't call it an action movie even the action was intense. As for Kevin Spacey's acting, it is simply the best job he's ever done. This is easily in my top ten favorite movies and if you have any taste in movies, chances are it is, or will be, in yours as well.

• Piper

★★★★½ Rewatched by Piper 14 Apr, 2014

A boat has been destroyed, criminals are dead, and the key to this mystery lies with the only survivor and his twisted, convoluted story beginning with five career crooks in a seemingly random police lineup.

Now if that doesn't sound like the best movie you've never seen, I'm not sure what does. The compelling tale moves flawlessly within its genre as a river does within its bed, a crescendo of plot pieces that eventually stop at the shocking climax, flowing…

• JULIO MENDEZ LOPEZ

★★★★ Watched by JULIO MENDEZ LOPEZ 13 Apr, 2014

Gran pelicula de cine negro , la lastima que una vez sabida la sorpresa final pierde,el encanto pero la primera que la ves es de quedarse con el culo torcido

• yaykisspurr

★★½ Watched by yaykisspurr 11 Apr, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Pilar Toro

★★★★ Watched by Pilar Toro 13 Apr, 2014

Incluso sabiendo el final (o parte de él) sigue habiendo sorpresa y la narración y la intriga funcionan.

• CaterpillarSoup

★★★ Watched by CaterpillarSoup 11 Apr, 2014

I'm not too sure why there is so much hype surrounding this film, I thought it was considered a modern classic but I was disappointed.

It was entertaining at times, the rapport between the main characters was fun to watch but the plot became so far-fetched and convoluted that I kind of stopped caring about what was really going on. The cast are solid but I just found the overall film a little contrived and I really don't think it's…

• Miguel Perez

★★★ Added by Miguel Perez

A little bit scatter shot in the plot but Kevin Spacey was amazing.