• Jasmine

★★★ Rewatched by Jasmine 06 Feb, 2016

This film just honestly doesn't work unless it's the first time you're seeing it. The more you watch it, the bigger the plot holes are and you start thinking about how the whole thing doesn't actually make any sense. The plot is impossible to follow, and I understand that that's the point but it's just not really effective and it makes you think that everything bar the last 15 minutes of the film has been a waste of time.

The…

• PhatDave

★★★★ Watched by PhatDave 04 Feb, 2016

Great crime movie with a fantastic cast. This is one of those films that somehow eluded me up to this point, but it was worth the wait.

The plot can get a little confusing at times, but the action sequences and snappy dialouge between the characters makes it a fun watch.

• electra

★★★★ Watched by electra 04 Feb, 2016

holy shit

• Christian

★★★★ Watched by Christian 30 Jan, 2016

One of my absolute favorite performances by Kevin Spacey.

• dm55

★★½ Added by dm55

This absolutely does not hold up on a re-watch for me, to my great surprise. This used to be one of my favourite movies, and I credit it with being one of a handful of movies that I fell in love with during the formative years that turned me into a burgeoning cinephile.

But now, I think it's a case of a movie being famous and notable entirely for the finale. Everything leading up to it is mediocre at best.…

• Max Walter

★★★★½ Added by Max Walter

A good movie that shows great acting by Kevin Spacey

• Nivea Belém

★★★★★ Watched by Nivea Belém 30 Jan, 2016

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    what!!! an!!! ending!!! i love kevin spacey SO MUCH and honestly i wish i could watch this for the first time again so i could go through the same feelings i went through again when i started to realise what was going on. also benicio del toro was cute and only got better as he grew older thank god for aging
    and was i the only…

• Oliver

★½ Rewatched by Oliver 30 Jan, 2016

Not nearly as fun or enjoyable past the 2nd viewing. The last half hour is still really good, but this movie feels so lopsided now.

• cacho12

★★½ Added by cacho12

It is a good thriller, but not THAT good, just okay.

• Audrey

★★★½ Watched by Audrey 30 Jan, 2016

The jobs that the crew pull together are thrilling and fun. Kevin Spacey in particular does an amazing job, but I felt that all the characters do not get their chance to shine as the first act led me to believe they would all have a vital role to the story. Overall, entertaining and well written.

• dbgirl

★★★½ Watched by dbgirl 18 Dec, 2015

Nicely atmospheric and mysterious crime thriller. I really eagerly waited who is that mystery man, though at some point my suspicions who it was, was correct and I was disappointed a bit.

Kevin Spacey and Gabriel Byrne were both excellent and full of charm.

• chwk10