• Josh Ochoa

★★★★ Rewatched by Josh Ochoa 17 Dec, 2014

Bryan Singer's fantastically written and well made thriller was a big deal when first released. I don't love it as much as most people do but it still is pretty great the cast if full of brilliant actors. With good cinematography, music and direction there's a reason why this film is respected as much as it is.

• Mikey Fissel

★★★★★ Added by Mikey Fissel

One of the most clever, engaging, and well told stories I have ever had the privilege of watching. Often imitated but never quite duplicated, The Usual Suspects sets the bar for movie twists and surprise endings and unfolds in such a creative way that you can watch it over and over, even knowing what is eventually coming.

• Adam Theeye Pittman

★★★★ Added by Adam Theeye Pittman

My review -- this film is now on DVD and it does have a sizable profit margin of roughly $17 million and the budget was only $6 million. The plot of this film is as follows, I know this is going to sound really cheesy but there has been this crime committed and the usual suspects have been rounded up and interrogated. The tempo/consistency, I have decided to interlock these two aspects together in this review, simply because they are…

• mikemath3

★★★ Watched by mikemath3 11 Dec, 2014

Liked it.

• Steve Pennock

★★★½ Watched by Steve Pennock 09 Dec, 2014

This film was almost great. I found the story interesting, and I liked the twist ending (despite its predictability). Gabriel Byrne plays his character perfectly and you really do feel like he is a leader of sorts. Kevin Spacey as you would imagine is brilliant, he is creepy and sinister while at the same time looking scared and meek. You never know quite how to feel about him at any point in the film.

I say almost great because this…

• Athina

★★½ Watched by Athina 06 Dec, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Matthew Given

★★★★★ Watched by Matthew Given 06 Dec, 2014

Good night this is a good movie, I can't believe I never saw it before! I don't want to give anything away but let's just say everything about it reminds me of the best films of the 70s. In an age where every movie is now about special effects and bloodless action scenes a smart, gritty, intense, actor driven movie like this comes like a breath of fresh air. Why don't they make movies like this any more?

• Richard Murphy

★★★★★ Added by Richard Murphy

Simply put, this is an amazingly brilliant film. Spacey is spectacular and the twist will leave new viewers speechless.

• Dannyraw

★★★★ Added by Dannyraw

Bryan Singer's best work even to this date, BRILLIANTLY edited film, that has a terrfic cast who are all at the top of their game, each character is given a memorable tick that lets them shine in the scenes that they are given, but there's a reason why Kevin Spacey was given an Oscar for this, because his performance was truly mesmerizing as this seemingly unnoticeable small time crook, who ends up being one of the most biggest bad asses…

• Jonathan Davies

Watched by Jonathan Davies 08 Sep, 2012

Watched at home on own

• Julius

★★★ Rewatched by Julius 27 Nov, 2014

It's a pretty good crime story - my main problem with it is its hyperbolic mythologisation of Keyser Soze, who the movie keeps telling me is a criminal genius, but it doesn't show enough to make me believe it. And I've never been able to get over the way he completely gives himself away by telling that whole story when he has nothing to gain from it. He will get caught ten minutes after the movie ends.

I also don't like twists for which the only reason you don't see them coming is that they don't make sense.

• Shrabster

★★★ Added by Shrabster

Some crippled guy plans a ship heist.