• Aditya Bhagirath

★★★ Rewatched by Aditya Bhagirath 27 Mar, 2015 1

Oh no. I hate it when this happens. I loved this movie, really I did. But now, after this re-watch? Not anymore.

Let me get the good out of the way first: Kevin Spacey. He is really the star of this film, and his performance is always just deceptive enough to keep you on your toes (even if you already know the twist ending).

Now, for the not so good:

The other characters aren't interesting AT ALL. I don't know…

• Wayne

★★★★½ Rewatched by Wayne 27 Mar, 2015

One of the greatest crime thrillers ever made with arguably the greatest twist ever put to film. The entire cast is great here but its Kevin Spacey who steals the show walking away with every scene hes in and definitely worthy of his Oscar win. The rest of the film is thrilling, intense and unpredictable and after a countless amount of rewatches, it still holds up.

• Josh Ignatowski

★★★½ Watched by Josh Ignatowski 25 Mar, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Although I suspected what the twist ending was (maybe just because I compared this Spacey to the Spacey in Se7en), it still left me with goosebumps. I love the way the story changes based on Spacey's recollections and they way that the story was told. However, at the expense of creating a great twist, they focused most of the movie on a character that really wasn't all that important to the story. I can overlook this though, as the rest of the aspects of the movie were very well executed.

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

Great cast, but by the time the ending came I wasn't all that shocked (no, I didn't know the spoilers either).

• Chris Stanton

★★½ Rewatched by Chris Stanton 20 Mar, 2015

My opinion on this one didn't change much upon second viewing. I still think it's an average film buoyed by an excellent score (by John Ottman) and an interesting ending. The cast (except for Spacey and Pollak) just aren't convincing as criminals and the plot has a high "who cares?" quotient. One of the most overrated films of the 1990s.

• CameronYoung

★★★★½ Added by CameronYoung

MIND BLOWN!!!

• Béa

★★★ Watched by Béa 22 Mar, 2015

Solid script, excellently influenced by film noir, wonderful final scene. Shame I could figure out the ending and that I dislike Kevin Spacey

• rockyhorror

★★★★★ Added by rockyhorror

* incredible ending
    * plenty of surprises
    * that ending again

• Lagaan

★★★★½ Watched by Lagaan 20 Mar, 2015 1

A sole survivor tells of the twisty events leading up to a horrific gun battle on a boat, which begin when five criminals meet at a seemingly random police lineup.

Following a truck hijack in New York, five conmen are arrested and brought together for questioning. As none of them are guilty, they plan a revenge operation against the police. The operation goes well, but then the influence of a legendary mastermind criminal called Keyser Söze is felt. It becomes…

• Blake Petit

★★★★ Watched by Blake Petit 19 Mar, 2015

This is my go-to movie for people who think I'm oversensitive about spoilers. I learned the big twist in "The Usual Suspects" years before I actually saw the film, and as a result, I didn't really feel an impact. I spent the entire movie anticipating it, knowing too much to appreciate the reveal. I can appreciate it as a film, but the sucker punch was lost on me.

I'm not blaming anybody, mind you, by the time I learned the…

• Tyler McQuaker

★★★½ Watched by Tyler McQuaker 15 Mar, 2015

I can finally take this one off of my "I Am Ashamed I Haven't Seen This Movie Yet" list. I was aware of the ending prior to watching, just because this film has been in the public zeitgeist for two decades, but it was still very enjoyable.

• Sartaj Singh

★★★★★ Watched by Sartaj Singh 15 Mar, 2015

The Usual Suspects is more than the sum of its twist ending. It is, in fact, a commentary on the nature of acting and its importance in filmmaking. By extension, the picture is about different people casting illusions, playing contrasting roles, and making the world believe in the façade. The lineup scene is a comedic riff on this theme and the ending is the spelt out thesis. In between, Byrne’s Keaton and Postlethwaite’s Kobayashi both create convincing representations of the characters they are playing, especially the latter who emphasises the threat of Keyser Soze to the primary criminal group.