• Kevin Nash

★★★½ Rewatched by Kevin Nash 25 Nov, 2016

I see this movie every couple of years, and I always struggle with my true feelings for it. On the one hand, I think it's marvelously fun and playful, and even at its most serious has a sense of outright spectacle that is infectious; on the other hand, its twisty plotting borders on cheap, and it's a pretty ugly movie, aesthetically, stubbornly clinging to the bare minimum action/mystery stylings that its story requires. It is a movie that works only…

• coonormcg

★★★★ Watched by coonormcg 16 Nov, 2016

Of course Google had to go and spoil the entire twist for the movie as soon as you search for it. Still, great movie, great characters, and incredible twist, regardless of spoiling.

• Harry_Cranberry

★★★★★ Watched by Harry_Cranberry 27 Nov, 2016

Such a badass movie. The ending blew my mind on the first watch.

• Michael Boyle

★★★★½ Rewatched by Michael Boyle 23 Nov, 2016

Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze.
    -Keyser Soze

• Andrea Patruno

★★★★½ Watched by Andrea Patruno 24 Nov, 2016

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled? Convincing the world he didn't exist.

• Robert Tagliaferro

★★★★½ Watched by Robert Tagliaferro 25 Nov, 2016 1

The 1990s gave everyone an endless supply of gangster films; some simple, some complex.

THE USUAL SUSPECTS sits on the far right edge of the scale, begging the audience to figure out and answer the film's questions before it does itself.

It's perfectly nestled in the confines of its genre, with some exceptions that give it a nice little edge. Above all else, our main character Verbal (Spacey) spends the film walking in an emasculating limp and is brought to tears by a cop.

And all this culminates in one of the greatest endings in film history.

85/100

• nikkifrowns

★★★★ Added by nikkifrowns

Needs all five guys to make this a good movie.

• lewismitchell21

★★★ Watched by lewismitchell21 23 Nov, 2016

I dunno if it's because I'm exhausted or because dad over-hyped this one for me but it didn't wow me, was alright though. Will rewatch at some point.

• rossboyask

★★★★½ Rewatched by rossboyask 23 Nov, 2016

My God does this hold up. Meticulously constructed. Terrific performances. Elegant yet urgent score. Singer needs to get back to Crime Thrillers for a bit.

• Joyce Heinen

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joyce Heinen 21 Nov, 2016

Film # 15 of the "Scavenger Hunt # 20" Challenge
    Task # 30: Any movie ever sampled in a Wu Tang Clang song
    letterboxd.com/joyceheinen/list/scavenger-hunt-20-november-2016/ ___________________________________________________________________
    There is one scene in “The Usual Suspects” that was considered failed by director Brian Singer. The actors couldn’t concentrate and constantly laughed. Eventually Singer decided to use the footage, the scene could be more interesting because of it. And he was right: one of the most characteristic scenes from the movie was born.

Off…

• Dakota Dutrow

Added by Dakota Dutrow

Soft Recommendation

• Mette

★★½ Watched by Mette 21 Nov, 2016

Scavenger Hunt #20 - November 2016 | Film #24
    Task #30: Any movie ever sampled in a Wu-Tang Clan song

If they only could have made this film as good as the ending, this could have been brilliant. I expected this to be something special. I expected it to be a different type of crime drama, something unique and clever, but instead it was boring and confusing. At times the writing as a mess. The two things that somehow saves this was Kevin Spacey, who as always was brilliant, and the ending.