• Josh

★★½ Watched by Josh 13 Sep, 2014

This seemed to try too hard. Thought it was way too complex most of the time and the twisty ending didn't do it for me.

• Milo L'Estrange

★★★★ Added by Milo L'Estrange

I wish I saw this film opening weekend in theatres in 1995.
    Some of the edge was taken off by people saying, "OH EM GEE, THE TWIST IS SOOOO CRAAAZZZZYYY!!!" and other things along those lines. Still this is a great film and it really kept me captivated for the whole running time.

• Kirenia

★★★★ Watched by Kirenia 12 Sep, 2014

Aquí lo único verdaderamente relevante son los últimos 10 minutos, y bueno, el resto es necesario. Pero esos 10 minutos me hicieron aumentar considerablemente la puntuación.

Ojalá hubiese tenido mejor producción. Y qué actorazo es Kevin Spacey.

"Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze".

• Tyler Wilson

★★★★½ Watched by Tyler Wilson 23 Aug, 2014

exactly 1 year since I first saw it, one of my favourite movies

• BrunoJardim

★★★★½ Watched by BrunoJardim 04 Sep, 2014

A great film about organized crime with realistic performances, particularly Kevin Spacey, awesome dialogues and one of the best plot twists in cinema history:
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

• Andrew Nurmi

★★★ Watched by Andrew Nurmi 02 Sep, 2014

It's not often I get to say that a movie is pretty boring along the way but has a fantastic ending, but 'The Usual Suspects' is one of those times. The thing is, I'm very conflicted about this movie. I know it is VERY well-loved and highly rated, and so I really feel like I should love this movie. I just don't. The problem is, the first hour and a half of this movie (or about 90% of it) is…

• KMOKLER

★★★★ Added by KMOKLER

Before Brian Singer did X men movies he did The Usual suspects which is a movie that makes you wonder and wonder until the movie finally surprises the crap out of you at the last second.

• fourstarfilmfan

★★★ Watched by fourstarfilmfan 01 Sep, 2014

So this was actually my second time watching The Usual Suspects, but my first time actually finishing it. Yes, the first time I stopped. Partially because I was confused and mostly because I just was not interested.

This time I watched the whole thing and when it was all said and done I must say I was not impressed. It has the feel of a film that is trying to0 hard to be cool and clever. This might be an…

• Alex Leadbeater

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alex Leadbeater 30 Aug, 2014

In the scene where Kobayashi gives them the envelopes, the light from the briefcase makes the character's faces orange. The mystery of Pulp Fiction solved.

• Andrew Willis

★★★★½ Rewatched by Andrew Willis 08 Aug, 2011

I feel like this one is a ringer. I noticed a few weeks ago that there were only a few years between 1939 and present day that a movie was made and I haven't reviewed. Oddly enough one of those years was 1995. I then looked at my 1001 Movies to See Before You Die book and The Usual Suspects was one of the films in that year. I had of course seen The Usual Suspect, and I consider it…

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★½ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 14 May, 2008

The Usual Suspects by Bryan Singer is a very smartly written neo-noir film with a solid direction and a great ensemble cast. Gabriel Byrne and Kevin Spacey in particular were truly remarkable. For some reason, I was never extremely convinced by its famous twist ending, though surely it was unexpected, but the truth is that this movie isn't memorable just for the way it ended. Its unreliable voiceover narration was gripping and mind-twisting, and its pace and atmosphere were some of its biggest strengths.

• nowhereman1945