• Warriors

★★★★ Added by Warriors

Definitely a terrific movie with a plot that is so unpreditable that it it the best quality of the film.
    Although many critics gave it top ratings i give it four stars because the actors in the supporting roles are not as good as i expected.

• Stacey Bates

★★★½ Watched by Stacey Bates 14 Nov, 2015

It's always the guy you least expect.
    Perhaps not the best moral example to use, but this is a great promoter in the movement to end ableism. "Stop discriminating against cripples, because one might be an elusive drug lord who you overlook because of his disability and in the end he'll get away."

• Jonathan Sjöström

★★★★ Watched by Jonathan Sjöström 13 Nov, 2015

That twist fucked me up

• Ben Riley

★★★½ Watched by Ben Riley 11 Nov, 2015 2

A more successful version of RESERVOIR DOGS than RESERVOIR DOGS, an engrossing if uncompromisingly surface game of nonlinear web spinning, a complex exercise in style and narrative. There are lots of little moments like Kevin Spacey's throwaways about growing up and bad coffee and what-not that come close to suggesting these characters have some inner life, though of course these are as obviously structural and deliberate as any other part of McQuarrie's schema; Despite a number of fantastic performances, self-consciously…

• Rebecca

★★★½ Watched by Rebecca 11 Nov, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

This would've blown my fucking mind if I had never used the internet. Same with Sixth Sense, and Star Wars, yaddi yaddi yadda

It's true though.

• Marcelo Cypreste

★★★★★ Added by Marcelo Cypreste

This is a flawless crime movie. Absolutely perfect!
    This movie is so good that Bryan Singer and Christopher McQuarrie never recovered from it. They could never do something remotely close to this one.

• reelstonerviews

★★½ Watched by reelstonerviews 05 Nov, 2015

A bit of an amateurish, overrated, cheat. It's no PULP FICTION (not by a longshot, even if it won the Oscar for Original Screenplay) but it's certainly no BOONDOCK SAINTS (the epitome of amateur-horseshit, post-Tarantino knock-offs). It starts intriguingly well, and then gradually slugs through inconsequential exposition - the movie is even more irritatingly pointless knowing the twist coming in. It does entertain though, and the ending is cool, picking up some of the slack. I truly wanted to love THE USUAL SUSPECTS, but it just didn't click.

• jukeb0x

★★★½ Rewatched by jukeb0x 05 Nov, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

5 bekannte Verbrecher (the usual Suspects) werden nach einem Raub befragt und planen noch während ihrer Gefangenschaft, gemeinsame Sache zu machen. Sie fangen an für den unbekannte, sagenumwobenen Kaiser Sosze zu arbeiten. Alles aus der Retrospektive erzählt durch den einzigen Überlebenden eines Brandes/Massakers auf einem Schiff, das mehrere Kilo Heroin geladen haben sollte - Kevin Spacey.

Schon zum 2. Mal geschaut, nicht mehr wirklich an den plot erinnert. Einer der besseren Twists auf jeden Fall.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled [...]

• Palmer Rubin

★★★★½ Watched by Palmer Rubin 24 Oct, 2014

I already knew the ending of this going on (thanks internet), but the process getting there ended up being even better. It's straightforward, proudly so, and it works entirely in the favor of a film that's all about every character miscalculating every move they make.

It's a shame Bryan Singer has stopped making movies like this, because this is the one he and screenwriter Christopher McQuarrie are going to be remembered for. It's also part of the one-two punch that was Kevin Spacey, the other film he was in that year being "Seven" by David Fincher.

• Johan Söderberg

★★★★½ Rewatched by Johan Söderberg 02 Nov, 2015

I've just re-watched one of the greatest whodunnits and heist movies I have ever seen. I think what' so great about this film is all the posing of the main characters in great symmetries and the colours. I thought to myself : what' som intriguing about criminals being cool in the face of danger. The answer is that it is unnatural and probably not real. And the fact that it is not real makes it intiguing to watch, when there…

• Steve Kim

★★★★ Watched by Steve Kim 01 Nov, 2015

It's really a miracle that I've gone this long without having the twist spoiled for me.

• William Kretschmer

★★★½ Rewatched by William Kretschmer 19 Aug, 2014

A sole survivor tells of the twisty events leading up to a horrific gun battle on a boat, which begin when five criminals meet at a seemingly random police lineup.
    Top-notch crime thriller as a riddle: what at first seems like a regular heist story makes so many twists and turns and still manages to surprise with an unexpected ending - an instant classic.