• JaumeMuntane

★★★½ Rewatched by JaumeMuntane 06 Jul, 2014

No la veia des de la seva estrena...Interessant thriller amb grans actors, però una vegada coneixes els seus trucs i mecanismes perd molt de l'impacte del primer visionat.

I watched again since its premiere...Interesting thriller with great cast, but once you know its tricks and mechanisms, it loses the powerful impact of the first watching.

• Juan Carlo Rodríguez

★★★★★ Added by Juan Carlo Rodríguez

The greatest heist, the greatest twist and some of the greatest performances (even from Stephen Baldwin!) in the history of film. Tense, complex and wholly entertaining, your life is incomplete if you haven't seen it yet. Yes, I said that.

El mayor robo, la mayor sorpresa y algunas de las mejores actuaciones (¡hasta de Stephen Baldwin!) en la historia del cine. Tensa, compleja y absolutamente entretenida, tu vida es incompleta si no la has visto. Sí, lo dije.

• jams

★★★ Added by jams 2

i have an interesting relationship with this movie. as a teen i watched it many times but haven't seen it in maybe a decade. every line reading or acting beat hits me with nostalgia.

it doesn't cover up how this movie hinges completely on a few minutes. kevin spacey is amazing and is the only reason this movie works. everything else does not hold up. you can't analyze anything or question plot or else it can fall apart in your hands.

the twist still bring a smile to my face.

• John

★★★½ Rewatched by John 25 Feb, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Naughty

★★★½ Watched by Naughty 06 Jul, 2014 2

Not told in a linear format so it can be a tad bit confusing! But if you hang in there it will be worth your while! The less you know about the film going in the better your viewing experience!

A Cerebral Crime Thriller I like to refer to as "Shock and Awe"

Exceptional All-Star cast (Kevin Spacey, Stephen Baldwin, Gabriel Byrne, Benicio Del Toro, Kevin Pollak)

Oh lucky you this is currently streaming on NF!

• Jameson Worley

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jameson Worley 26 Jun, 2013

Great performances, especially from Spacey, a brilliant screenplay, and some excellent direction from Bryan Singer make THE USUAL SUSPECTS one of the most intelligently manipulative films you'll ever see. The plot is twisted and complicated, but by the end of it all, you realize you were fooled thanks to one kicker of a twist. I personally find the film hard to follow which is why I like it less than some, but the ending alone is worth seeing. One of the all-time great endings.

• Darryl Hunt

★★★★ Rewatched by Darryl Hunt 30 Jun, 2014

Keyser Söze: the man, the myth, the maverick.

• Rafael Misuta

★★★★ Watched by Rafael Misuta 29 Jun, 2014

A proposta do filme está muito clara já no começo do filme... "Vai ter plot twist aí!".
    O filme é um grande Detetive e você é desafiado a descobrir qual deles é o "big boss" e dependendo do seu repertório de filmes desse gênero você mata ele fácil, mas mesmo assim como filmes de grandes roubos, vale a pena ver até o final e entender toda a arquitetura do plano.

• chujus

★★★★ Added by chujus

Great characters by great actors is what would be enough to make this film great. Supported by one of the most exquisite scripts to come out of hollywood (and it shows, look how many films that came after were influenced), this is perhaps the pinnacle of crime dramas.

• Knox Gray

★★★★★ Added by Knox Gray

I triumph of 90's cinema.

• Victor Krause

★★★★★ Watched by Victor Krause 28 Jun, 2014

What a voyage. I'll bet this plays a lot better on rewatches than most films of its kind. Bryan Singer now makes a lot more sense to me. I'm glad he's doing X-Men, but I'd love to see him do more work like this.

There's really not much more to be said; this is the film equivalent to a mic drop.

• Alistair

★★★ Watched by Alistair 29 Jun, 2014

I admire the attempt to make such a twisted and tangled narrative and at times the performances do draw you into the mystery, but often I found myself bored and wondering why I should care about the characters or the plot, perhaps it would be better after a second-viewing.