• Jeff Irvine

★★ Watched by Jeff Irvine 14 Jul, 2014

I don't get it. I dont get the hype on this movie. Sure, from a technical stand point everything was well done. But I was bored the whole time. I don't know, maybe I need to give it another shot sometime. Just not anytime soon.

• Jake Ohlde

★★★½ Watched by Jake Ohlde 13 Jul, 2014

Pretty solid, although the ending wasn't anywhere near as shocking as I had been led to believe.

• Kev.

★★★ Rewatched by Kev. 13 Jul, 2014

Re-watches killed this movie for me. Undeniably well-made and entertaining though.

• zacsanders

★★★★ Watched by zacsanders 08 Jul, 2014

Kind of a predictable twist, but still a very good story. Kevin Spacey portrays his character perfectly.

• Raephex

★★★½ Watched by Raephex 09 Jul, 2014

Even knowing what happened this film was entertaining. Some of the scenes are a little exposition heavy. I have a tendency to get distracted easily, in movies I pay attention to the shots, sets, acting and costume design and I stop paying attention when something I already know is said, so not the easiest film for me to follow. The complexity of the plot followed by the twist made it a little hard to believe, but it's always hard to…

• Garrett Irwin

★★★★½ Added by Garrett Irwin

A slick triumph of casting and wordplay, The Usual Suspects was one of the most fiendishly intricate American films of the 1990s. Relentlessly stylish and growing more convoluted by the frame, the film invited its audience to take part in the confusion, to attempt to discern illusion from reality as if watching a magician's act. What makes The Usual Suspects remarkable is that fact and fiction never evolve into distinct entities, entwining in an almost indiscernible jumble to baffle the…

• JaumeMuntane

★★★½ Rewatched by JaumeMuntane 06 Jul, 2014

No la veia des de la seva estrena...Interessant thriller amb grans actors, però una vegada coneixes els seus trucs i mecanismes perd molt de l'impacte del primer visionat.

I watched again since its premiere...Interesting thriller with great cast, but once you know its tricks and mechanisms, it loses the powerful impact of the first watching.

• Juan Carlo Rodríguez

★★★★★ Added by Juan Carlo Rodríguez

The greatest heist, the greatest twist and some of the greatest performances (even from Stephen Baldwin!) in the history of film. Tense, complex and wholly entertaining, your life is incomplete if you haven't seen it yet. Yes, I said that.

El mayor robo, la mayor sorpresa y algunas de las mejores actuaciones (¡hasta de Stephen Baldwin!) en la historia del cine. Tensa, compleja y absolutamente entretenida, tu vida es incompleta si no la has visto. Sí, lo dije.

• jams

★★★ Added by jams 2

i have an interesting relationship with this movie. as a teen i watched it many times but haven't seen it in maybe a decade. every line reading or acting beat hits me with nostalgia.

it doesn't cover up how this movie hinges completely on a few minutes. kevin spacey is amazing and is the only reason this movie works. everything else does not hold up. you can't analyze anything or question plot or else it can fall apart in your hands.

the twist still bring a smile to my face.

• John

★★★½ Rewatched by John 25 Feb, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Naughty

★★★½ Watched by Naughty 06 Jul, 2014 2

Not told in a linear format so it can be a tad bit confusing! But if you hang in there it will be worth your while! The less you know about the film going in the better your viewing experience!

A Cerebral Crime Thriller I like to refer to as "Shock and Awe"

Exceptional All-Star cast (Kevin Spacey, Stephen Baldwin, Gabriel Byrne, Benicio Del Toro, Kevin Pollak)

Oh lucky you this is currently streaming on NF!

• Jameson Worley

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jameson Worley 26 Jun, 2013

Great performances, especially from Spacey, a brilliant screenplay, and some excellent direction from Bryan Singer make THE USUAL SUSPECTS one of the most intelligently manipulative films you'll ever see. The plot is twisted and complicated, but by the end of it all, you realize you were fooled thanks to one kicker of a twist. I personally find the film hard to follow which is why I like it less than some, but the ending alone is worth seeing. One of the all-time great endings.