• shreyve

★★★★½ Added by shreyve

there are so many he! did! that! movies in this world and i am on a quest to watch them all. the he did that twist in this wasn't as holy shit to me as other ones, this one was much more subtle but still phenomenal writing, i can see how back in its day, this movie would have blown audiences' minds.

kevin spacey is such a great, nuanced actor- remember that time he tweeted :( but then he tweeted :)? yeah, exactly

• Dojam

★★★ Added by Dojam

put whole moment of film in a side and put the last second the other side

• John Rizzi

★★★★ Rewatched by John Rizzi 17 Jul, 2016

That ending though...

• Steve Norwood

★★★★½ Rewatched by Steve Norwood 17 Jul, 2016

Still tight.

• Sarah Babbage

★★★½ Watched by Sarah Babbage 17 Jul, 2016 2

I like how in that one scene on the boat, McManus stops really quick to pet the dog. Because same.

Also Benecio del Toro didn't deserve to be ****** first.

• Wingbolt3000

★★★½ Watched by Wingbolt3000 16 Jul, 2016

Picking up steam as we get deeper into a planned heist and mythical crime lords, the gang of criminals initially don't elicit much curiosity are a little boring, and don't stand out much. But, the suspicions driving their next heist, and the implied, more so than the shown, prove to be a much more interesting piece to follow.

Having been shown a glimpse of the result of the heist at the beginning of the movie, we're only revealed what happened…

• Cheese Man

★★★★ Rewatched by Cheese Man 31 Mar, 2016

First time I watched it I was blown away and I gave it 5 stars. But a few years wen't by and wanted to re-watch it. And I gotta say, this is just the type of movie you shouldn't re-watch. It really loses all of it's magic, and it probably should have been left untouched after the first time watching it.

Let's never come here again because it would never be as much fun. -Charlotte, Lost In Translation (2003)

• Jack Newman

★★★★½ Added by Jack Newman 1

The Usual Suspects:
    Score: 4.5 out of 5
    Grade: A
    "Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze"
    Thoughts: Theres only one way to being with this and its with Kevin Spacey. Kevin Spacey gives one of the greatest performances of the 90's and even the century. Possibly one of the best performances of all time. The main point this…

• Mr_Jones

★★½ Watched by Mr_Jones 16 Jul, 2016

Since I don't want to be a total jerk, I appreciate the efforts put in the script, even though in the end it's cheap, ramshackle and deliberately confusing. For me personally, this is not what cinema is about. It's the same reason why I hated The Prestige, this is not truth 24 times a second, it's one big lie. I mean, has this any rewatch value at all?

Why do I rate this higher than The Prestige? Kevin Spacey, period.

• yrana

★★★★½ Added by yrana

The Usual Suspects 8.5A Great acting from all five actors, especially Kevin Spacey. A movie about 5 guys accused of a crime they never committed. They then link up to commit a crime to get revenge on the cops, and from there they begin working together for more crimes until they get a mission from Keyse Soze they're blackmailed to do, where they each get killed off. He's a fictional character, but in reality it's Kevin Spacey, which no one figures out up until the end. Great twist at the end.

• Matt Wooldridge

★★★★½ Watched by Matt Wooldridge 27 Dec, 1995

1995 Movielog #80

Brutal and memorable thriller which tries to piece together a path out of a labyrinthine mystery. Anchored by Chazz Palminteri and Kevin Spacey who hit the ground running. Normally flashback films torment me, but with a script this smart, and with an assortment of quality actors anything but 'usual', in the hands of Bryan Singer, this is just about as good as thrillers get, with a dynamite finale.

• brat pitt