• Timothy Cathcart

★★★½ Added by Timothy Cathcart

My absolute favorite review of this movie comes from my friend Eric who said "dude, I think I like it even more than training day"

• Bas van Stratum

★★★½ Watched by Bas van Stratum 17 Sep, 2016

I watched this movie for the first time today. I have no idea how, but I've managed to keep away from any possible spoilers about this movie.

The music from the opening sequence with the credits immediately sets the mood and draws you in. I really have nothing bad to say about this movie, yet it didn't take me long to figure it out. That kind of made me feel a little disappointed at the end, as opposed to a…

• Goodwin Lu

★★★★★ Added by Goodwin Lu

It depends a little too much on its big "twist", but it's entertaining without it nevertheless.

• michelle

Watched by michelle 15 Sep, 2016

I.......what was this...?
    Yikes. Only kept watching for Benicio and Kevin, confusing for no reason, I also never enjoy movies like this so :/

• Articulatedead

★★★★★ Rewatched by Articulatedead 10 Sep, 2016

Only my second time watching it and, much like Fight Club and The Prestige, the second viewing was even more eye opening. Such an fucking astounding film

• Matthew Z

★★ Watched by Matthew Z 02 Sep, 2016

"To the degree that I do understand, I don't care." - Roger Ebert

Fine. It was... fine. I don't understand the accolades it received. It seemed to be nothing special.

I see people mention how well acted this movie was, and while it may have been, who cares when the characters themselves are so forgettable?

Spoilers below for the very end of the film.

I like movies with a disjointed narrative, but this movie jumps around so often in such…

• NoBookends

★★★½ Added by NoBookends

And you trust a story from a guy named Verbal?

• John

★★★ Watched by John 18 Aug, 2016

Someone is going have to explain to me one day why this movie is such a big deal.

• TJ D

★★★½ Rewatched by TJ D 06 Sep, 2016

The Usual Suspects is a solid, fun entertainment that is fairly ingeniously constructed. The film is about a crew of criminals working for and against the "devil" himself in Keyser Soze. While Kevin Spacey, the gimpy criminal, is fantastic, it is Chazz Palminteri almost steals the show as the cop trying to piece Spacey's story together. He never gets enough kudos when people throw huge compliments and awards at this film.

It's most definitely worth seeing, if you haven't. My experience is that it is also a solid rewatch.

• Louis Curtis

★★★ Watched by Louis Curtis 05 Sep, 2016

Guessed how it was gonna end before it even started

• Aaron Locke

★★★★ Watched by Aaron Locke 06 Sep, 2016

You guys heard of this movie? Pretty good flick, eh!

• MRT0AST

★★★ Watched by MRT0AST 02 Sep, 2016

How Do You Shoot the Devil in the Back?

In many ways, fans of The Usual Suspects got it right - this is an immaculately well-made movie, with a dense, interesting story structure provided by screenwriter Christopher McQuarrie, some well-etched (at least, on paper) characters, and a filmmaking style on par with, if not quite the most creative of, the best of those early-to-late '90s crime movies that just seemed to come out of nowhere, and were so, so beloved…