• Sartaj Singh

★★★★★ Watched by Sartaj Singh 15 Mar, 2015

The Usual Suspects is more than the sum of its twist ending. It is, in fact, a commentary on the nature of acting and its importance in filmmaking. By extension, the picture is about different people casting illusions, playing contrasting roles, and making the world believe in the façade. The lineup scene is a comedic riff on this theme and the ending is the spelt out thesis. In between, Byrne’s Keaton and Postlethwaite’s Kobayashi both create convincing representations of the characters they are playing, especially the latter who emphasises the threat of Keyser Soze to the primary criminal group.

• atranslantic

★★★★★ Rewatched by atranslantic 03 Jan, 2015

Clever. Funny. Suspenseful. Twist. Classic.

• adrian_ko

★★★★½ Watched by adrian_ko 15 Mar, 2015

Okay, that is almost perfect.

A nearly perfect thriller with several twists and an ending, which could have been very suprising.
    That's the only reason, I can't rate this one with five stars, because for me, it was a little bit too forseeable, who Keyzer Söze really is.

Nevertheless, Kevin Spacey is doing another teriffic job here. For me, he is the perfect villain. One the one hand, he's so smart and calm, but on the other he's always calculating,…

• Ramon van Dam

★★★★★ Watched by Ramon van Dam 08 Mar, 2015

Naar mijn mening een modern meesterwerk. Niet alleen vanwege de briljante plottwist, maar ook door de manier waarop Bryan Singer en scenarist Christopher McQuarrie ons de hele tijd geïnteresseerd houden in het verloop van het verhaal. De briljante cast maakt het vervolgens af.

• Ned Gilmore

★★★★½ Watched by Ned Gilmore 15 Mar, 2015

Yet another of the 'somehow I missed this one' movies nailed down.

Five minutes in had a genuine 'oh fuck, this is gonna be amazing' vibe. This is a genuine masterpiece, and a crimer story where the ending is even better than the rest of the story, instead of lamely petering out into fuck all (hi CHINATOWN).

• Ian

★★★★★ Added by Ian

I remember watching this for the first time and having a "holy shit" moment at the end.

• CinemaClown

★★★★½ Watched by CinemaClown 09 Mar, 2015 11

The greatest trick The Usual Suspects ever pulled was to convince its audience that it's just another crime thriller. For the majority of its runtime, it travels the same route many other examples of its genre have done before, narrates its complex plot in a manner that does enough to keep the viewers around until the end & within those final moments, delivers a masterstroke so profound that it changes everything that unfolded on the screen before.

The story of The…

• Lauren Schultz

★★★★ Watched by Lauren Schultz 07 Mar, 2015

i need to watch this again and also lie down and drink a glass of water

• Michael Cantrell

★★★½ Watched by Michael Cantrell 06 Mar, 2015 2

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I'm keeping this short again because it's really late and I'm about to fall asleep. This movie was fun for me. It seriously was. I thouroughly enjoyed it all the way through... It was a solid 3 the entire way. Excellent dialogue and engaging (though not entirely unique) story. The twist came and was honestly the best part, although I did see it coming. It was an excellent twist, but at the same time kind of hard to beleive for…

• Larxe

★★★★★ Added by Larxe

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

WOAHHHHHHH THE GREATEST TRICK OF THE DEVIL IS TO MAKE PEOPLE BELIEVE HE DIDNT EXIST,OH MY GOD I ALMOST CAME IN THE END

• Matt_Samples

★★★★ Added by Matt_Samples

Not much to add that hasn't already been said. I do want to say I loved Benecio Del Toro in this more then any of the other actors.

• Vectorman82

★★★★★ Rewatched by Vectorman82 22 Feb, 2015

Just great fun every single time.