• Dave Bastian

★★½ Rewatched by Dave Bastian 10 Apr, 2014

A group of crooks are forced to pull a heist for a mysterious criminal mastermind, but everything goes wrong. Hip, well-cast crime drama is a lot of fun in the telling, but if you haven’t guessed the outcome in the film’s first five minutes, you don’t get out enough. Director Singer stacks the deck with red herrings that betray the confidence of the audience so that the “surprise” ending is robbed of its punch. Excellent score by John Ottman, who also edited the film.

• panics

★★★★½ Watched by panics 13 Jun, 2015

Awesoooooooooooome

• Goremaster

★★½ Added by Goremaster

Usual Suspects gathered raving reviews among the critics at the time. I saw it in the movies and it has a very clever script.

A few years later I've watched it on TV and man, this is the kind of movie that completely loses its "watchability" after you know how it ends.

It's a fine movie, but unless you're a master fan of this movie don't bother watching it again.

• Rajesh_K_Murali

★★½ Watched by Rajesh_K_Murali 10 Jun, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

The Film starts with almost no pace where the police start getting 'the usual suspects' i.e, the local con-man who might be responsible for a truck hijack. The line-up is arranged and all of them get to know each other. 'Keaton' seems to be the center of attraction to the group who is told of beating the death more than twice. After the enquiry they all split-up. 'Verbal' is the narrator of the story as the story switches from present…

• Gvas

★★★★★ Rewatched by Gvas 09 Jun, 2015

Ok. It’s got one of the most effective twists in cinematic history, an emblematic performance by Mr. Spacey and it’s evident that what was done in the editing room is pure magic. But more than anything else “Usual Suspects” is a movie about the relativity of truth, the power of storytelling and this devilish and devilishly addictive fraud that cinema is.

• Connor Lightbody

★★★★½ Watched by Connor Lightbody 09 Jun, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

The Usual Suspects is a film I've heard about in passing and in general conversation but I never got round to actually watching. Now that I have, I'm extremely glad because this movie is pretty damn magnificent. Even though I worked out the real twist, I couldn't help but doubt myself when another reason is explained and the way the film shows you this is by "FLASHBACKING" from the mind of Verbal where it makes you doubt that theory you…

• christian_bale

★★★ Added by christian_bale

An "okay" movie with an ending that might trick you into thinking it was better than what it was.

• Nikhil Nidamarti

★★★★½ Watched by Nikhil Nidamarti 04 Jun, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Keyser fucking Soze, this movie follows 5 criminals who do simple jobs to get money then end up doing their biggest heist yet, trying to get over 91 million dollars in coke. Even as a cripple Kevin Spacey is a fucking boss. This movie had a great twist, the movie portrayed Keyser Soze as Dean to trick the audience and at the last 3 minutes that theory blows up in your face, Just wow.

• Luke Noel-Storr

★★★ Watched by Luke Noel-Storr 24 May, 2015

This was the first time I had seen this film, but I already knew the big spoiler, and it probably is the spoiler that has most spoilt a film for me, which is a shame, as I know a lot of people love this film.

• Dr Lukas Rodschwarz

★★★★★ Added by Dr Lukas Rodschwarz

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

A masterclass on plot twists.

• Ryan

★★★★ Rewatched by Ryan 28 May, 2015

"Is that the one about the hooker with dysentery?"

• Andy Summers

★★★★★ Rewatched by Andy Summers 28 May, 2015 2

Bryan Singer's arrival to the big-time came back in 1995 with this complex crime thriller that landed both Kevin Spacey and screenwriter Christopher McQuarrie Oscars. A film that had a coolness factor and a labyrinthian plot that showed genuine originality, this had the added bonus of a plot twist nobody could ever have seen coming. Now considered a modern classic, every actor in this production brought their A-game. Kevin Spacey's portrayal of a small-time confidence trickster who tells an incredible…