• Ddvw123abc

★★★★ Watched by Ddvw123abc 20 Aug, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Pretty pissed off that once I hit the Hungarian dialogue I decided to pause and google to make sure that I wasn't supposed to have subtitles, since before I have had issues with that. Had the ending spoiled when someone said what Keyser Soze translated to. I don't think I would have seen that coming, because even with the ending spoiled Kevin Spacey was convincing me he was innocent. I did notice a shot where the camera lingered on his…

• Bóinez

★★★½ Watched by Bóinez 19 Aug, 2015

Una película (que sospecho que ha envejecido mal) sobre los años locos de Frank Underwood.

• nrbeaton

★★★★ Watched by nrbeaton 06 Apr, 2014

If you stop and think about it, the ending's pretty silly, but it's nevertheless a delightfully twisty crime drama.

• Chad Sayers

★★★ Watched by Chad Sayers 17 Aug, 2015

"What about it, pretzel man? What's your story?"

As unpopular an opinion as it may be, I don't really see why people find The Usual Suspects so clever. Perhaps if I had seen this 20 years ago when I was a year old my mind would have been blown but in an era where plot twists are as cliché as black people dying first, there's not much surprise here. As great as Kevin Spacey is, I'm just not a fan…

• Colleen

★★★★ Rewatched by Colleen 05 Jan, 2015

Watched this back to back with Falling Down, which actually worked out pretty well due to the setting of each movie. What a gem of a film, holds up quite well.

• MichaelBole

★★★½ Watched by MichaelBole 15 Aug, 2015

Recommended to me as a classic movie, I was intrigued and excited to watch The Usual Suspects (Just 10 years after its release). My knowledge of the movie was relatively limited, but I had been told it was one of those movies you might "have to watch twice", I didn't.

Although this movie was a reasonably good watch, I felt it was let down by the lack of an interesting plot or any sort of real character development (I literally…

• CartoonSA

★★★★ Added by CartoonSA

Gem.

• Ronin

★★★½ Rewatched by Ronin 15 Aug, 2015

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was fooling the world to think he didn't exsist."

A good flick, just not fleshed out enough.

• Rhys Bowen Jones

★★★★ Watched by Rhys Bowen Jones 14 Aug, 2015

I have seen two films where I knew the twist before watching it; Sixth Sense and Fight Club. Knowing the twist badly affected Sixth Sense, whereas I was sure that the twist I had heard for Fight Club was false until it was revealed. The simple fact is that to pull off a great twist, you have to tell the story in a satisfying way that it works before and after knowing the twist. The Usual Suspects is now the…

• Fredrik Fyhr

★★½ Rewatched by Fredrik Fyhr 13 Aug, 2015

Most inattentive cop ever. Most random and lucky would-be criminal mastermind ever. Most pointless reveal ending ever. The most something pure nothing can ever be and one of the most overrated movies of the last 20 years (as of now).

Could have been a movie about storytelling, appearances, the conflicting nature of men, a diabolic movie with near supernatural overtones or at the very least a decent crime move with motivated characters and a sense of excitment. But no. It…

• WreckItDee

★★★★ Rewatched by WreckItDee 06 Aug, 2015

The McQuarrie trail led back to the film that put him and director Bryan Singer into the limelight.

Surely with the spoiler becoming some sort of an internet meme for the past 2 decades, it was no real fun with the revelation at the end, even in my very first watch years ago.

However with the post-"Pulp Fiction" crime premise and dialogue-settings and how Kevin Spacey and the late Pete Postlethwaite matched their haircut brought a chuckle in me, and seeing how different Giancarlo Esposito looked then to his "Breaking Bad" stint, there were still plenty to enjoy this film with.

• Quino13

★★★★ Watched by Quino13 10 Aug, 2015

Nice film, the end is everything.