• Raphael Klopper

★★★★★ Watched by Raphael Klopper 05 May, 2016

In the midst of these five "criminals" with their actors SHINING at every moment its intrinsic investigation of where the true essence of evil is hidden. With all being conducted with a classic Noir taste with the skillful direction of Singer and the destroyer heads script!

• michaeloalberti

★★★★½ Watched by michaeloalberti 07 May, 2016

Have to admit this was my first watch despite it just sitting on my shelf for years. Glad I finally gave in. Love the bit of noir. Am very curious to see how I would rate a rewatch knowing what I know now. Still doesn't quite make up for ruining Superman Returns which then allowed Brett Ratner to ruin X-Men: Last Stand .

• Eugenio C

★★★★ Watched by Eugenio C 06 May, 2016

"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist."

Bryan Singer's The Usual Suspects is a crime-filled drama from 1995 starring Kevin Spacey, Benicio Del Toro, Gabriel Byrne, and Stephen Baldwin, and it is definitely a stressful film.

Believe it or not, this is the first time watching this film and it delivered something completely unexpected. Although I expected some sort of crime movie, I was hoping for a sort of 90s jazzy "robbery"…

• Nick

★★½ Added by Nick

A film that is mind-blowingly cool at first blush, and gets worse and worse the more you think about it.

• smoodz

★★★★½ Watched by smoodz 02 May, 2016

Der beste Trick des Teufels war es, die Welt davon zu überzeugen, dass er nicht existiert.

• lena

★★★★ Watched by lena 28 Apr, 2016

bless this film for getting spacey his first oscar bc he looked so good in that white suit, i love my baby

• sir_real

★★★ Watched by sir_real 19 Apr, 2016

Liked the acting. Liked the way how the whole thing was plotted. But think I would have enjoyed it more if I had watched it when it came out. Feel it is a very good movie for its timeline.

• Arthur Behnke

½ Added by Arthur Behnke

The kind of movie that is so overly complicated that it makes people think it's really smart and their mind was blown, when really, it's just a mess. The twist ending is irrelevant because "Verbal's" entire story was made up.

• samsonne

★★★ Watched by samsonne 22 Apr, 2016

- vijf mannen in line-up
    - daarna spreken ze af om diefstal van hun leven te doen
    - Gabriel Byrne wordt vooral geviseerd door politie, terwijl deze zijn leven juist op orde heeft
    - daarna doen ze nog een overval op aanraden van advocaat Kobayashi
    - deze zegt dat ze dit verschuldigd zijn aan Keyser Soze, een grote onbekende
    - ze doen dit, maar allemaal behalve 1 sterft (Verbal Kint)
    - Gabriel Byrne (Keaton) wordt doodgeschoten
    - politie op zoek…

• Apollo

★★★½ Watched by Apollo 27 Apr, 2016

I knew that the twist would turn out like that but it was fun experience. Wonderfully written

• Japeth

★★★★ Watched by Japeth 21 Apr, 2016

Me watching the Usual Suspects for the first time has been a long overdue experience. I always wanted to get to it to see what all the fuss was about and unfortunately I got most of the ending spoiled for me along the way. Still, I wanted to check it off my list anyway.

While I don't see as a great movie like everyone else does, I do get it's popularity. This is one of Bryan Singer's earliest movies and…

• mimzi123

★★★★½ Watched by mimzi123 24 Apr, 2016

Just watched this for the first time, flat out fantastic! Grade: A-