• Roger Joseph Ebert

★★★ Added by Roger Joseph Ebert

"The Vow" is a well-behaved, tenderhearted love story about impossibly nice people. It's not even about whether they'll get married. They've been happily married for four years. The problem is, she can't remember them. She can't even remember her husband.

Paige and Leo are a young Chicago couple. She's a Lake Forest blue blood who angered her parents by dropping out of Northwestern law school, moving into the city and enrolling at the School of the Art Institute, where she…

• Biringvad

★½ Watched by Biringvad 20 Apr, 2014 2

This movie marks the last time I'll let my girlfriend decide what to watch..

-MB

• Nikola Stepic

★½ Watched by Nikola Stepic 14 Apr, 2014

I mean, really.

• Sven Rump

★★★ Watched by Sven Rump 12 Apr, 2014

I can act like I'm too good for this - I totally am, by the way - but when the late great Roger Ebert can give this a pass (even if it is a close one) than I don't to be ashamed to say that I didn't think this was all that bad. Still not completely sold on Tatum as the romantic lead - even if he has grown considerably since Dear John - but what does that dude care what I think, right? Nice support - and added gravitas - from Sam Neill and Jessica Lange make for a well cast piece of watchable fluff.

• Héctor Ramos

★★★½ Watched by Héctor Ramos 11 Apr, 2014

Muy bonita, con buen ritmo y frases muy bonitas. Hay escenas que están mal reveladas y brincan con el resto de las secuencias

• mistang

★★★★ Added by mistang

Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams sold me fast. It was a lovely story, too.

• Daph Bajas

★★ Watched by Daph Bajas 25 Mar, 2014

Understandably saccharine, with abrupt jumps asking viewers to know when unnecessary. Events don't hit jackpot, and McAdams felt too crickety for this. C

• santanu mahanti

★★½ Added by santanu mahanti

I must say I have a thing for Romantic Comedies. I mean I love them but good rom coms are very rarely made. These days either the Rom coms will be based on a ridiculously stupid story or the narrative will be uninspiring.

The Vows suffers heavily dwelling on a single line plot with nothing much happening around it. Based on a true yet oddly familiar story The Vow starts and ends well, but it is the middle part that…

• Krystal Li

★★★★★ Added by Krystal Li

This is the one I want as my husband ... xD

• Harlequin

★★ Watched by Harlequin 19 Mar, 2014 5

While this film is based on true events, I'm guessing Hollywood did a great deal of embellishment to sell this one to the date night crowd. Phew.

Although I am beginning to appreciate his comic skills, Channing Tatum has to work overtime to come across as anything more than a smug bastard. When the film started out with his psycho-babble voiceover shit, I was ready to take a bullet.

Rachel McAdams showed early promise in Mean Girls, but with few…

• Jacob Ziegler

★★½ Added by Jacob Ziegler

Back in 2005, Rachel McAdams was really causing a stir. With four performances in films as varied as “Wedding Crashers” (comedy), “Red Eye,” (action/suspense), “The Family Stone” (drama) and “The Notebook” (one of the finest romances made in my lifetime), she seemed poised to become a top star for years to come. Unfortunately, it hasn’t exactly worked out that way. It’s been a smattering of hits (last year’s Best Picture nominee “Midnight in Paris” or “Sherlock Holmes”) and misses (“Morning…

• MeghanGentz

★★★½ Rewatched by MeghanGentz 12 Mar, 2014

Tears well 10 minutes in and they just don't stop. Hard to believe it's NOT a Nicholas Sparks story.