• Lena Houst

★★★★ Watched by Lena Houst 30 Jul, 2015

Maybe I'm watching this film the wrong way, but watching it in 35mm, it occurred to me that Paul Thomas Anderson has rarely left this much room for humor in his staging. The wild emotions of his more expressly comedic films create more of an atmosphere of melodrama and heartache than gut-busting humor.

In 'There Will Be Blood', we're not swept up in the emotional lives of these characters. For Daniel Plainview, that's something he's incapable of doing. He's all…

• Leandro Luz

★★★★★ Added by Leandro Luz

A raiva toma conta do espectador e nenhum personagem se salva. Sangue Negro tem uma das cenas mais perfeitas da história do cinema (cena do batismo de Daniel Plainview). Chorei, inclusive, no momento em que percebi isso.

• lomeli

★★★½ Rewatched by lomeli 30 Jul, 2015

A second watch of PTA's There Will Be Blood in HD proved to be a much more rewarding experience than the first in a number of ways. Character motivations are more clearly defined and central themes are much more prominent (economic vs. spiritual opportunism). The cinematography is outstanding, and the film is bolstered by acting legend Daniel Day Lewis and Paul Dano's gripping performances. That being said, it still doesn't render it a great film. TWBB features episodic, and at…

• Carlos Valladares

★★★ Watched by Carlos Valladares 29 Jul, 2015

Meh.

PTA's perceived greatness comes from other people, and he tries to pass it off as his own.

There Will Be Blood is a glorious cop-a-thon of cinema's greatest works--Welles's Kane, Altman's McCabe, Malick's Days--brought to you by the master hoodwinker Paul Thomas Anderson. This is one of those "doomed fate" stories where you know what's going to happen to the main protagonist-cum-villain, and when the payout comes, you're left hollow. Perhaps that has something to do with the screechy,…

• Rebecca

★★★★ Watched by Rebecca 29 Jul, 2015

catelecast will dictate my watchlist for all eternity. I love eternal sunshine.

• Brent Williams

★★½ Watched by Brent Williams 17 Jul, 2015

There Will Be Blood couldn't keep my attention until the last thirty minutes or so. Reading the small description of the film pretty much described the whole movie other than the conclusion and some other smaller details and character development.

There were only two characters in which I care about at all. Those two would be Daniel Plainview and Eli Sunday. I hated both of the characters so I didn't really care what happened to them.

This may be a movie in which I need to devote more attention to and give it another viewing but I didn't come away pleased after the first.

• mfulton

★★★★★ Added by mfulton

A

• Arthur92998

★★★★★ Watched by Arthur92998 26 Jul, 2015

The Cinematography is beatiful, Paul Dano is great, the score brings a horror tone and Lewis gives a mind-blowing performance.

"I'm Finished"

• dave4pepsi

★★★★★ Watched by dave4pepsi 01 Feb, 2015

Hard to take your eyes off the screen. Builds to a wild conclusion.

• Amy

★★★★★ Rewatched by Amy 25 Jul, 2015

Spent a "sad girl Saturday night" re-watching TWBB and eating mac n' cheese. Re-kindled my crush on DDL. And HOW GOOD IS PAUL DANO? In some scenes, he shines brighter than DDL. They were both so lucky to have a chance to act together.

• Mohit

★★★★½ Added by Mohit

Impresionante. Sobre todo el acto final y la interpretación de Day-Lewis. Se come la pantalla en cada puto plano.

• RJSit10

★★½ Added by RJSit10

Will there? I said to the guy at the box office, "Is this any kind of guarantee? Because I am coming right back here if there is no blood."

There is. But you have to wait until the final scene to see it, and by then you have put out your own eyes out of sheer boredom so you may miss it.

This is by men, for men, menmenmen. Oddly, the night I went, there was not one man in…