• Sean

★★★★★ Added by Sean

There will be Blood amazes me to no extent. In my humble opinion probably the best piece of film I've seen produced in my generation which with opponents like Lost in Translation, The Social Network and Drive is no easy task to accomplish. Paul Thomas Anderson's adapted screenplay from Upton Sinclair's novel is beautiful, the set pieces are beautiful, the internal struggle of conflicting morals inside of Daniel and the demons that conflict him is beautiful. I usually don't like…

• nosaj

★★★★★ Rewatched by nosaj 24 Oct, 2014 1

this is a monster movie. an odyssey of death and hellfire. PTA's direction here is the best it has ever been, but the abrasive atmosphere that suffocates the entire thing would be missing without Greenwood's score that ranges from heavenly orchestral pieces to satanic ritual-core. today must have been my 5th or 6th viewing but it's the first time i've seen Daniel Plainview as a somewhat sympathetic character. it still feels just as major 7 years later (christ)

• Kenny Martin

★★★★★ Watched by Kenny Martin 23 Oct, 2014 1

Is it about faith and the corruption of money? Is it about family? Is it a Western? Is it fascinating historical fiction with an even more fascinating lead character? Yes to all of these, and it has a great score by Jonny Greenwood to boot. It's quiet in its greatness and that only adds to how astounding it is.

• film|captures

★★★★ Rewatched by film|captures 22 Oct, 2014

"Things go up, things go down, but at least the Lord is always around."

• Cayden McKnight

★★★★★ Rewatched by Cayden McKnight 21 Oct, 2014

I wish I didn't give it five Stars the first time around, because I liked it sooo much more this time around.

• Isaiah Bull

★★★★★ Rewatched by Isaiah Bull 21 Oct, 2014

Acted, scripted, written, directed, composed, and edited to perfection. Steam is never lost, and every shot, scene, and sequence hooks and reels you in. Daniel Day-Lewis gives the best performance of his career, and frankly, anyone else's, ever.

• Chad Turner

★★★★★ Added by Chad Turner

It doesn't get much better.

• Beardy Benum

★★★★½ Rewatched by Beardy Benum 18 Oct, 2014

THERE WILL BE BLOODy good reviews!

• Mathew Hartley

★★★ Watched by Mathew Hartley 19 Oct, 2014

I was in the wrong mood for this.

• Colin the dude

★★★★★ Rewatched by Colin the dude 16 Oct, 2014 1

"DANIEL PLAINVIEW, THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE!"

•  Frankie Neuer

★★★★★ Rewatched by Frankie Neuer 16 Oct, 2014

i had a full head of hair before i watched this... i am now bald

• matt lynch