• ts12398

Added by ts12398

• AngryDalek

★★★★★ Watched by AngryDalek 11 Oct, 2015

"I drink your MILKSHAKE!"

• Austin Gaebe

★★★★★ Rewatched by Austin Gaebe 09 Oct, 2015

'There Will Be Blood' is Paul Thomas Anderson's masterpiece about business, greed, religion, and family ties. I remember when I first watched this film while on vacation in Phoenix, Arizona and I was left speechless from the opening drone soundtrack to the stunning final line uttered by the magnificent Daniel Day-Lewis. This film was able to seem like a biopic, but feel like another monster altogether. The dialogue-less first thirty minutes of the film is a perfect example of setting…

• Jack Gattanella

★★★★★ Added by Jack Gattanella

DDL and Paul Dano in the bowling alley at the end - clearly the greatest ending of all time, can we all agree on that?

• Marcos Ruppelt

★★★★★ Rewatched by Marcos Ruppelt 09 Oct, 2015

I'm completely speechless. Rewatch this movie makes me feel the real feeling that only cinema can transmit.

The only things that i wanna say about this masterpiece are:
    - There Will Be Blood is, possibly, the most flawless movie of the 21st century.
    - Daniel Plainview is, possibly, one of the most remarkable characters of all time.
    - There Will Be Blood is, certainly, my favorite PTA film. And, also, one of my all-time favorites.

"I'm finished."

• toddwright

★★★★½ Added by toddwright

Definitely falls into the "really good but probably won't watch again" category. I loved this movie and was profoundly moved and convicted as a dad of two. I'm also a musician and the ugliness of Plainview's relentless drive for wealth and recognition was a brutal mirror to my own pursuits.

Glad I watched it, but this film was more like a therapy session than a viewing.

• Spreho

★★★★ Watched by Spreho 09 Oct, 2015

Wow. Nemam šta puno trabunjati o ovome, osim da, kao što i stoji u opisu filma na imdbu: "A story of family, religion, hatred, oil and madness", i svi aspekti su u liku Daniela Plainviewa kroz maestralno napravljen film prikazani točno onako realnima kako i trebaju biti. Daniel Day-Lewis je vrhunski odglumio, glazbena podloga u filmu je nešto savršeno, a odma od maestralnog "tihog" uvoda vidi se poprilično nadahnuće koje redatelj prikazuje kroz cijeli film. Završni krešendo i zadnja…

• jesthiger

★★★★★ Watched by jesthiger 07 Oct, 2015

WOW Es una obra de arte lo que se logra apreciar en toda la película y en cuanto a las actuaciones magistrales un deleite para el espectador.

En cuanto a la historia sorprendente como este de la nada con su ingenio y esfuerzo sin importarle nada logra monetariamente estar en la cima pero por su forma de ser llega a ser tan miserable con tal de lograr su cometido el cual es ser mejor que nadie en su mente.

• ravisuals

Added by ravisuals

Bloody, bastard in a basket

• Jeff

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jeff 08 Oct, 2015 2

By far PT Anderson's best film. And definitely in the top two or three best performances by Daniel Day-Lewis. Everything about this movie is near perfect from the story to the acting to the cinematography it really is a remarkable film. The real surprise here for me is still Paul Dano's performance the way his character evolves from beginning to end is truly remarkable. I think he deserved a supporting actor nomination (not a win becasue Javier Bardem was much better but at least a nomination). Stellar film and one of my favorite performances from the last 8 years.

• Luke Lawrence

★★★★★ Rewatched by Luke Lawrence 07 Oct, 2015

yeah i still think this is PTA's best, with boogie nights coming in at a close second.

• p s chapman

★★★★★ Added by p s chapman

Pros: Minimalism at its best. Deeply flawed characters with expansive, plot-driving arcs. Heavy symbolism. Perfect pacing -- no wasted moments. Clear theme throughout. Gripping, visceral, unsentimental cinematography and editing. Daniel Day Lewis and Paul Dano perform masterfully.

Cons: Relentless pace and dark themes may alienate sentimental viewers.