• Jepperd

★★★★★ Watched by Jepperd 29 Oct, 2014

BLACK GOLD BABYYY

• aZote7

★★★★★ Added by aZote7

Powerhouse performance by DDL. Innovative score by Jonny Greenwood. Sublime filmmaking by PTA.

• Daniel Melvill Jones

★★★★★ Rewatched by Daniel Melvill Jones 11 Oct, 2014 4

I'm considering using my best imitation of Daniel Plainview's voice when I help certain customers at work.

• Dan Corbett

★★★★½ Rewatched by Dan Corbett 23 Oct, 2014

I've found myself on a mini Daniel Day Lewis marathon -- I watched LINCOLN again two nights ago for no apparent reason, and then re-watched THERE WILL BE BLOOD today.

His performances are truly magnetic and demanding of your attention while on screen...Almost to the point that any scene that he isn't in seems lesser for it. I had forgetten that the first 15-18 minutes of There Will Be Blood has absolutely no dialogue -- and yet completely compelling by watching Lewis interact and react to the world around him.

• thewildresistor

★★★★★ Watched by thewildresistor 24 Oct, 2014

It's not often a film comes along (embarrassingly seven years after the fact for me personally) that completely usurped what you thought was quality cinema even minutes prior to viewing it. There Will Be Blood is a modern cinematic masterpiece and, after a few more viewings, confidently my favourite film of all time.

I'm usually really gushy when it comes to cinematography and visual storytelling and There Will Be Blood has that in spades but Daniel Day-Lewis, who was near…

• Cole Chretien

★★★★½ Watched by Cole Chretien 26 Oct, 2014

Paul Thomas Anderson always makes films that inspire awe and confusion from me. He's a master of cinematography and he always gets amazing performances out of his actors, but I usually leave with sense of "what the hell did I just watch?". There will be blood ends so violently and so suddenly it kind of shocked me. The themes are all there I'm just not sure how they connect. That's the best part of PTA movies though.The months of rewatching and spinning details over in your head until you finally "get it". I

• RomuloRS

★★★½ Watched by RomuloRS 26 Oct, 2014

Trama muito bem desenvolvida, com atuações notórias - Daniel Day Lewis, está brilhante. Porém, em alguns momentos fica arrastada e maçante. Diálogos enfáticos fazem do filme um ótimo ponto no Portfólio de Paul Thomas Anderson.

• Wilson

★★★★★ Rewatched by Wilson 25 Oct, 2014 8

Religion and Oil. Fundamentalism and fatherhood. A John Ford visual palette through a Stanley Kubrick vision. There has been so much said and written about There Will Be Blood it is almost impossible to touch on the film without replicating other thoughts.

Thus, it is an attestation to its quality that the film, itself, remains beyond its criticism and reviews, remaining an oddity despite its universal acceptance. A strange, unique film; beautiful and intelligent, cold and rigourous. It is filled…

• Sean

★★★★★ Added by Sean

There will be Blood amazes me to no extent. In my humble opinion probably the best piece of film I've seen produced in my generation which with opponents like Lost in Translation, The Social Network and Drive is no easy task to accomplish. Paul Thomas Anderson's adapted screenplay from Upton Sinclair's novel is beautiful, the set pieces are beautiful, the internal struggle of conflicting morals inside of Daniel and the demons that conflict him is beautiful. I usually don't like…

• nosaj

★★★★★ Rewatched by nosaj 24 Oct, 2014 1

this is a monster movie. an odyssey of death and hellfire. PTA's direction here is the best it has ever been, but the abrasive atmosphere that suffocates the entire thing would be missing without Greenwood's score that ranges from heavenly orchestral pieces to satanic ritual-core. today must have been my 5th or 6th viewing but it's the first time i've seen Daniel Plainview as a somewhat sympathetic character. it still feels just as major 7 years later (christ)

• Kenny Martin

★★★★★ Watched by Kenny Martin 23 Oct, 2014 1

Is it about faith and the corruption of money? Is it about family? Is it a Western? Is it fascinating historical fiction with an even more fascinating lead character? Yes to all of these, and it has a great score by Jonny Greenwood to boot. It's quiet in its greatness and that only adds to how astounding it is.

• film|captures

★★★★ Rewatched by film|captures 22 Oct, 2014

"Things go up, things go down, but at least the Lord is always around."