• Steven Cohen

★★★★★ Rewatched by Steven Cohen 12 Dec, 2014

I am almost caught up with my Paul Thomas Anderson re-watch. I didn't get too into There Will Be Blood the first time I saw it, but looking back I am not quite sure why, because this movie gets it. Daniel Day-Lewis gets too big at the end, but the darkness inside him is no longer in check so it mostly works. It's such a patient movie and somehow managed to up my interest in Inherent Vice.

Read my full review here.

• Guru Ramanathan

★★★★½ Rewatched by Guru Ramanathan 13 Dec, 2014

The most iconic line from 2007—“I drink your milkshake!” Paul Thomas Anderson’s amazing drama THERE WILL BE BLOOD (2007) does not have anything to do with milkshakes, but that is an amazing line from the movie (if you know the context). The film is inspired by the book Oil!, and tells the story of miner-turned-oilman Daniel Plainview (Daniel Day-Lewis) and his ruthless pursuit of wealth during the oil boom of the late 19th century and early 20th century. As you…

• Tom Hardon

★★★½ Watched by Tom Hardon 18 Dec, 2014 2

It needs a bit more of that Nolan and Snyder kind of epic touch. Because this movie WANTS to be epic like those other movies, but it DOESN'T get there. That said, it may not have the scale all right, but it does have one damn great villain in Daniel Day Lewis. "I DRINK YOUR MILKSHAKE!" That line is so epic that I'm bumping my score up a star.

• SilentDawn

★★★★★ Rewatched by SilentDawn 16 Dec, 2014 11

Part Four of Preparing (As Much As Humanly Possible) For Inherent Vice

MASSIVE SPOILERS HERE!

There Will Be Blood.

How can one describe such a film? Vibrant, exceptional, terrifying, comic, potent, and layered beyond belief; Paul Thomas Anderson’s masterpiece is both a mesmerizing character study as well as a commentary on the dying age of the ‘old west’. In my eyes, every scene, performance and shot is utter perfection on every level. However, in spite of all that brilliance, the…

• Alex Austein

★★★★★ Rewatched by Alex Austein 14 Dec, 2014 1

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Evan

★★★★½ Watched by Evan 14 Dec, 2014

Started off very slow (not personally a fan of non-dialogue openers), but it built into a very enjoyable movie.

• Reego

★★★★★ Added by Reego

Just another great film by PT Anderson, daniel day lewis imo is the best actor alive today, paul dano is someone not to be missed, the guy can act.

• Sean Doolittle

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sean Doolittle 13 Dec, 2014

Still amazing the second time in one day.

• Sean Doolittle

★★★★★ Rewatched by Sean Doolittle 13 Dec, 2014

A perfect film.

Daniel Day-Lewis is good, duh.

But this film has one of the most stress-inducing scores I've ever heard. Radiohead meets classical. Violin has never sounded tenser.

• benhamine

★★★★★ Rewatched by benhamine 03 Jun, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Emma Fisher

★★★★★ Rewatched by Emma Fisher 12 Dec, 2014

I saw this a few years ago for my high school film club, but I didn't really appreciate it at the time/pay attention very much. But I'm very glad I did this time around! I particularly liked the contrast between morality/religion (Dano's character) and greed/money (Daniel Day). A modern epic. Loved it.

• Daniel Kibbe

★★★★★ Rewatched by Daniel Kibbe 11 Dec, 2014 4

Maybe I'm just getting soft, but this film really deserves those 5 stars. Anderson and Co. achieve what so few others seemingly can't in creating a true American epic of greed and ruthless competition. There Will Be Blood is a film that works on so many layers that it becomes absurd - there's the engaging story of Daniel Plainview's oil drilling exploits, the complex psychological battle between Plainview and young priest Eli, the father-son conflict between Daniel and his son,…