• Garrett Irwin

★★★★½ Added by Garrett Irwin

A highly engrossing, confrontational epic that ranks among the best and most visually astonishing character studies ever produced.

• Tim Ehrens

★★★★½ Rewatched by Tim Ehrens 01 Sep, 2014 2

"I am a false prophet. God is a superstition."

America ain't all sunshine and barbecues, my friend. There is great darkness in this land we love, and most of it has to do with that big, scary word "capitalism."

Now, before you come at me with pitchforks and call me a communist or a socialist or an anarchist, let me just level with you: There are flaws in ANY economic system. Capitalism fosters competition, which fosters ambition, which gives birth…

• Mel S

★★★★ Watched by Mel S 02 Sep, 2008

There isn't much to the story, it's basically a film about a guy with emotional issues, but it's totally worth it for the acting and the various cool/insane scenes.

• Queenie

★★½ Added by Queenie 2

Anything placed before DDL is his to own. I cannot think of a role he couldn't completely inhabit. However, I didn't care for this film. Well acted. Well directed. But, no.

• Simon Curry

★★★★★ Rewatched by Simon Curry 31 Aug, 2014

I hope you like some 'good old fashioned plain speaking' because that's what I am going to do here.

Numerous reviewers have gone through 'There Will Be Blood' singing its praises and illuminating what a stroke of pure genius it was. Therefore I don't believe that writing a similar review will accomplish anything.

It was a masterpiece and in my opinion, Paul Thomas Anderson's best film.

Also I have to say I loved Mr. Day-Lewis, not only his performance but…

• sdb_1970
  • Windyblue

★★★★★ Added by Windyblue

Warning:
    Ableism (Hearing Impairment)

• Varghese Eapen

★★★★½ Rewatched by Varghese Eapen 30 Aug, 2014

“He who is not contented with what he has, would not be contented with what he would like to have.”
    ― Socrates

Silence.Atheism.Greed.Market Monopolist.Father Son Bondage.Self Control.Beverage Drinker.Manipulator.Emotional Impotence.Jugalbandi sounds against explosion centerpiece sequence.Camera spanning the barren lands.lessons to upcoming actors on basics of acting.you cant ignore PTA.

• frank_serpico

★★★★ Rewatched by frank_serpico 11 Jun, 2010

I saw this movie 5 times...
    It's worth watching 5 more times

• Maximilian Maintz

★★★★★ Added by Maximilian Maintz

one of my top 10 movies

• sachinfilms

★★★★★ Added by sachinfilms

Showed me something strange and new, and introduced me to my favorite filmmaker.

• Lawrence Garcia

★★★★½ Watched by Lawrence Garcia 26 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.