• Kamil

★★★★½ Watched by Kamil 21 Feb, 2015

Followbruary film No #2
    Favourite film of Alex

letterboxd.com/deadly25/

Schwarzes Blut an den Händen und die Gier in den Augen. Dies ist das Abbild des Daniel Plainview, dessen Geschichte hier von Paul Thomas Anderson filmisch umgesetzt wurde.

In erster Linie scheint es wie purer Wahnsinn mit welcher Konsequenz Anderson an seinem Hauptprotegé kleben bleibt und in epischer Breite die Geschehnisse von mehreren Jahrzehnten verdichtet, in denen wir den Aufstieg des Ölmagnaten von seinen ersten eigenen Bohrungen im industrialisierten wilden Westen…

• rocknball

★★★★½ Rewatched by rocknball 02 Mar, 2015

-Πόσο καλό;
    -Daniel Day Lewis στο There Will Be Blood καλό.

• Brian Hann

★★½ Added by Brian Hann

Another movie which shows off its quality but for me was too confusing

• ayrton

★★★★★ Watched by ayrton 28 Feb, 2015

"yeeeesss heee duuuuzzzzaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh…"

• Kartik Singh

★★★★½ Rewatched by Kartik Singh 28 Feb, 2015

Those first twenty minutes without a single word of dialogue. Pure cinema. Very reminiscent of the silent era, films like Greed.

The young actor who plays Day-Lewis' son is so good.

Elswit's cinematography. Jack Fisk's production design. (He designed all of Malick's films).

America's violent history seen through the lens of a very ambitious man.

I love this movie, but it makes me sad, too.

• DevinMeenan

★★★★★ Watched by DevinMeenan 28 Feb, 2015 2

There Will Be Blood is difficult film to love. There is a prominent sense of unease throughout, caused by it's ominous soundtrack,it's almost complete lack of sympathetic characters, and the at times unhinged performances from Day-Lewis and Dano.The film's opening seconds, depicting a barren desert landscape while a sinister piece of music grows ever stronger, quite effectively establishes the tone and pace of the story that follows.

Despite this relative lack of entertainment value, it is almost impossible not to…

• braun

★★★★★ Added by braun

The greatest movie of all time.

• McKay Bluth

★★★★★ Rewatched by McKay Bluth 07 Jan, 2014

Rating this any less than 5 would be a god damn crime. Easily one of my favorite movies of all time.

• tskimmett

Added by tskimmett

• Ryan Hess

★★★★★ Watched by Ryan Hess 24 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I'm still sort of processing this movie. I thought this was a very good tale of a man that achieves greatness at the cost of his life. Daniel Day-Lewis plays this man, Daniel Plainview, in extraordinary fashion. This is a monster of a man that is only out for himself from the beginning. This is a man that adopts a child to be used mostly as a prop, has no idea whether or not he has a half-brother, and sees…

• Alex Lovendahl

★★★★★ Watched by Alex Lovendahl 07 Jan, 2015

Everybody's right about how excellent it is, but it's also just a good time!

• simoonwhitaker