• M Elizabeth

★★★★½ Added by M Elizabeth

I went into this with middle-road expectations and came out of it gobsmacked. Absolutely wonderful. As dark as it needed to be without being degrading. As uplifting as necessary without being trite. Master class work by both Del Toro and Berry. This is an absurdly underrated film. Go watch it.

• The Warriors

★★★★ Added by The Warriors

A very strong picture with an emotional role for Berry and a strong persormance from Benicio Del Toro.
    Good acting, good script , good movie.

• Prasath

★★★½ Rewatched by Prasath 09 Sep, 2015

good movie...

• Victoria108

★★★★½ Added by Victoria108

Another surprisingly beautiful film. Beginning to end the score captured my mind. Music is as important to me as casting and atmosphere. The director was obsessed with close eye shots, but she pulls it off. The story is woven beautifully in a way you know what is coming, but are still surprised when it happens on screen. I'm not saying much about the story, but can tell you if dark stories interest you, knowing they all don't end in tragedy, please treat yourself to a quiet evening with this movie.

• Domagoj Koški

★★★ Watched by Domagoj Koški 05 Dec, 2014

It's mediocre drama with Halle Berry and Benicio Del Toro. Halle as woman with two children whos husband has been killed lately and Benicio as her husband's best friend and heroin addict. She invites him in their house to help them to get on with the tragedy. But she's also annoying bitch in the movie and all the time shits about how he's not her husband. Too much pointless things and ending is like the director didn't have the idea how to end the movie so "let it be like that". Besides these "little" things, movie is ok.

• Matt Wooldridge

★★★ Watched by Matt Wooldridge 09 Sep, 2008

I was surprised this didn't get any recognition around Oscar time. But then I realised it was a Dreamworks film which may have been dumped by Paramount in favour of hyping THERE WILL BE BLOOD and their other Oscar hopefuls. This was a solid drama featuring great performances from Benicio del Toro and Halle Berry. David Duchovny is also very good in his small yet integral role. From the director of AFTER THE WEDDING (a film on my to-see list).

• Matt Heiser

★★★ Watched by Matt Heiser 19 Nov, 2014

Solid character drama, though probably the weakest of the four films I've seen directed by Susanne Bier, a director I've really become a huge fan of. Well acted by Del Toro, and, for perhaps like only the 2nd time (after maybe Monster's Ball), a good performance from Halle Berry. Not that memorable, though.

• ShadetreeDad

★★★½ Watched by ShadetreeDad 13 Nov, 2014

Kept putting off this film and finally threw it in the player. Very nice film. Not one I would probably ever watch again though.

• Niklas Larsson

★★★½ Watched by Niklas Larsson 23 Sep, 2014

Halle Berry is surprisingly good

• Chris Campbell

★★★★ Watched by Chris Campbell 03 Feb, 2009

I’m not really a fan of Hollywood “issue” dramas that take a serious look at things like drug addiction or other topics, but when I saw that Susanne Bier was directing Halle Barry and Benicio del Toro, I was intrigued. In her previous film “After the Wedding”, she told a melodramatic story in a completely compelling and moving way, so this seemed as though it would be a great fit and it was. while many films feel the need to…

• Fesapo