• Adam Theeye Pittman

★★★★★ Added by Adam Theeye Pittman

Now on to the film itself, [the viewer] instantly gets transported from the cinema or DVD for an example into this film. The attention to detail throughout this film is just outstanding, from the beautiful background and scenery to clothing and the hammer. [As I was the viewer] every time the camera changed position, you can really appreciate a different angle. I am very much aware on a regular basis. I discuss the tempo of films. That is because with…

• frecklyjesus

★★★★★ Added by frecklyjesus

mmhmmmm

• Scott Johnson

★★★★★ Rewatched by Scott Johnson 09 Aug, 2014

The more movies Marvel studios releases, the more charming this movie becomes.

• Jen Weston

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jen Weston 10 Apr, 2014

Love this film. Escapism, adventure, Chris Hemsworth, a strong female character, fighting, humour...what more could one want in film? Oh and the sequel is even better.

• Carl Ingebretsen

★★★★★ Rewatched by Carl Ingebretsen 05 Apr, 2014

"Myeh-myeh? What's myeh-myeh?"

Best fish-out-of-water-comedy ever, the first damn-near perfect Marvel film - the way SHIELD, Norse Gods, magic and science all boils together on the back of a sibling rivalry is just... great - and just the funnest one.

They really nail everything here, from small moments to big ones, without just being "lead up to The Avengers". I'd never casually put on Iron Man 2 or The Incredible Hulk, but I could see myself watching this one many, many times.

• PhantomPython

★★★★★ Added by PhantomPython

Thor is my favorite Marvel super hero. When I originally saw the movie I thought is was amazing and I still do. Personally I think Thor was the most important movie leading up to The Avengers movie because in the Avengers the main villain is Thor's brother Loki.

• Valerie

★★★★★ Added by Valerie

i love this movie to bits. there is probably nothing anyone can say that will deter my unconditional love for this film.

• Emile Eid

★★★★★ Watched by Emile Eid 23 Apr, 2011

One of my fvt superheroes and superhero movies ever !!!

• Comic

★★★★★ Added by Comic

Love

• mook

★★★★★ Rewatched by mook 26 Oct, 2013 3

Shakespearean family drama is combined with a fish-out-of-water comedy to bring fantasy to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

This was maybe my third or fourth watch and I think I've enjoyed it more with each viewing - it feels completely different from most 'superhero' origin films and I couldn't fault it.

10/10.

• Em

★★★★★ Rewatched by Em 22 Sep, 2013

Loki. That's all I can say, really...

• FanBoyCritic

★★★★★ Added by FanBoyCritic

Plot/Summary, he epic adventure THOR spans the Marvel Universe from present day Earth to the mystical realm of Asgard. At the center of the story is The Mighty Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war. As a result, Thor is banished to Earth where he is forced to live among humans. When the most dangerous villain of his world sends its darkest forces to invade Earth, Thor learns what it takes to be a…