• Greg Tyrrell

★★★★★ Added by Greg Tyrrell

Cleverly mixing Norse mythology with the science we've all come to know as common knowledge, superb performances from Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman and Tom Hiddleston and first-rate direction, Thor is a spectacle to behold, and of the very best films based on a superhero.

• Matt Brown

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Brown 13 Feb, 2015

THORGASMIC

• Franki Weightman

★★★★★ Added by Franki Weightman

I've never been a massive fan of Thor and, to be honest, I didn't know too much about the whole mythology surrounding him but I figured I'd give the film a go because
    a) I like Marvel films and
    b) Chris Hemsworth
    Well. Safe to say I absolutely loved it. I thought it was funny, it was packed with action and it tugged on my heartstrings too and then it also gave me the wonderful gift that is Tom Hiddleston.
    So yeah, Thor got a massive thumbs up from me and is probably one of my favourite Marvel films ever.
    Truly Thor-some.

• Adam Theeye Pittman

★★★★★ Added by Adam Theeye Pittman

Now on to the film itself, [the viewer] instantly gets transported from the cinema or DVD for an example into this film. The attention to detail throughout this film is just outstanding, from the beautiful background and scenery to clothing and the hammer. [As I was the viewer] every time the camera changed position, you can really appreciate a different angle. I am very much aware on a regular basis. I discuss the tempo of films. That is because with…

• frecklyjesus

★★★★★ Added by frecklyjesus

mmhmmmm

• Scott Johnson

★★★★★ Rewatched by Scott Johnson 09 Aug, 2014

The more movies Marvel studios releases, the more charming this movie becomes.

• Jen Weston

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jen Weston 10 Apr, 2014

Love this film. Escapism, adventure, Chris Hemsworth, a strong female character, fighting, humour...what more could one want in film? Oh and the sequel is even better.

• Carl Ingebretsen

★★★★★ Rewatched by Carl Ingebretsen 05 Apr, 2014

"Myeh-myeh? What's myeh-myeh?"

Best fish-out-of-water-comedy ever, the first damn-near perfect Marvel film - the way SHIELD, Norse Gods, magic and science all boils together on the back of a sibling rivalry is just... great - and just the funnest one.

They really nail everything here, from small moments to big ones, without just being "lead up to The Avengers". I'd never casually put on Iron Man 2 or The Incredible Hulk, but I could see myself watching this one many, many times.

• PhantomPython

★★★★★ Added by PhantomPython

Thor is my favorite Marvel super hero. When I originally saw the movie I thought is was amazing and I still do. Personally I think Thor was the most important movie leading up to The Avengers movie because in the Avengers the main villain is Thor's brother Loki.

• Valerie

★★★★★ Added by Valerie

i love this movie to bits. there is probably nothing anyone can say that will deter my unconditional love for this film.

• Emile Eid

★★★★★ Watched by Emile Eid 23 Apr, 2011

One of my fvt superheroes and superhero movies ever !!!

• Comic