• Chris Allred

★★★★ Added by Chris Allred

It doesn't matter how flat the characters are, I still think that this is a fine doomed love story, and more importantly, a visual masterpiece. For the latter reason, the second half is considerably better than the first.

• deadlyrivers

★★★★★ Rewatched by deadlyrivers 04 Jul, 2015

Say what you will about this film - it's brutally cheesy in places, perhaps a bit tastelessly exploitative, and the wraparound sucks balls. But fuck if it isn't an amazingly made film. The spectacle of the actual crash has been rarely surpassed, and the attention to detail, to the minutiae of tiny side characters, the sheer scope of the fucking thing, amazes. Somehow the three-and-a-quarter hours fly by. Not quite a masterpiece as a film, but certainly as a piece of filmmaking.

• doctorindy

★★★★★ Added by doctorindy 5

Esta película no debería ser buena. Tiene metidos TODOS los ingredientes para gustar a las masas. "Recomendada para gente de entre 8 y 88 años", vamos. Y de hecho, muchos la consideran un petardo por esa cantidad de tópicos para gustar a todo el mundo.

Yo no. Yo creo que como James Cameron es un cineasta de cojones y un puto genio (sí) es capaz de hacer lo comentado anteriormente y además un puto peliculón. Emocionante hasta decir basta y técnicamente perfecta. De mis favoritas.

Venga, que comiencen los insultos.

• Zack The Horror Maniac

★★½ Rewatched by Zack The Horror Maniac 29 Jun, 2015

If it wasn't for the visuals and the ship sinking, this movie would be a painfully average love story.

• lrryjmescnda

★★★★ Added by lrryjmescnda

A beautiful tragedy.

• karla

★★★★★ Added by karla

beautiful story, sad story, romantic story, funny story, everything you need to make a movie is found here. (I'm giving it five stars because what kind of a monster doesn't love titanic?!)

• L!M!N

★★★★★ Added by L!M!N

A classic that I've seen too many times. Was 9 when this came out, hit with an overwhelming wave of emotions.

• MooseMeister

★★★★ Rewatched by MooseMeister 29 Jun, 2015

This was actually the first time that I saw "Titanic" in full length. In the of big time blockbuster, it is positively nostalgic and old-fashioned and has nothing to do with the wildly frantic and chaotic movie fare that has occupied the cinemas in the recent years. Charming leads with real chemistry mixed with a standard situation of romantic entanglement, a clever opening of the moi e itself and the high-octane climax, a nice mixture that I greatly prefer to "Avatar" (which admittingly does not mean much...)

Also the post-produced 3D was quite good.

• AnineBraten

★★ Added by AnineBraten

Now people are going to hate me, but I'm not really a Titanic fan. I don't hate it.
    I think the story is great and tragic. But that's really it.
    Watched it a lot as a kid/early teen since all my friends liked it, then of course I had to like it too.
    Luckily I grew up!

• JackGir

★★★ Added by JackGir

The last hour is very good.

• Matt

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matt 19 Jun, 2015

Fuck yes.

Previous review.

• JC13

★★★★½ Rewatched by JC13 24 Jun, 2015

Ruth: "So this is the ship they say is unsinkable."

Cal Hockley: "It is unsinkable. God himself could not sink this ship."

When I first saw Titanic a few years back I didn't really expect to like it because it's supposed to be a "Girly" movie. I was wrong and ended up loving it. I have seen it many times since and loved it every time. I admit it has problems, but it's such a wonderful technical achievement and the…