• filmsarefun

★★★★★ Rewatched by filmsarefun 27 Mar, 2015 2

Everybody knows the story of the titanic, made in Belfast and departed from Liverpool. Everybody has at least heard of the story. Well, James Cameron, the bearded man known for raising the bar again and again, seemed to know quite a lot about titanic and subsequently made one of the best and memorable films of all time. The films tells the tale of the titanic, from its grand departure to its inevitable demise. The story is told through flashbacks of…

• Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

★★★★★ Added by Cameron M. Gambas Johnson

Truly both an artistic and a technical masterpiece. James Cameron is godlike. Deserved all the Oscars. More on this in the future when I rewatch it, but as of right now it's potentially in my top ten of all time. It fully understands the storytelling power of cinema.

• David Gómez-Rosado

★★★½ Watched by David Gómez-Rosado 20 Mar, 2008

I know... Gushy romanticism in glossy decor and oversimplified plot. The quintessential chick movie. I still enjoyed it.

• Red_Dufresne

★★★★★ Rewatched by Red_Dufresne 22 Mar, 2015

Without sounding hyperbolic, Cameron's version of the Titanic tragedy is in my opinion one of the greatest films ever made. An ambitious epic in every way, almost every aspect of this gargantuan production is first class. A masterpiece.

• sophomore

★★★★ Added by sophomore

It was epic then

• mourato

★★★★½ Rewatched by mourato 14 Mar, 2015

ETA filme maravilhoso

• Alex Keipper

★★★★ Added by Alex Keipper

Titanic is a sweeping masterpiece of breathtaking beauty, and one of the greatest romance movies ever made. It gets it right; not one hundred percent, but nearly there. See, the first thing it does is decide not to treat its romance as some sort of secondary shot to a larger message about life. The focus of Titanic is first and foremost the relationship between Jack and Rose, and everything else, including the sinking ship, is secondary. But Titanic doesn't take…

• Josh Surratt

★★★½ Added by Josh Surratt

I'm still of the opinion that this did not deserve 11 Oscars, but it's totally not a bad movie by any stretch of the imagination. It's really strange how the public has almost completely flipped its opinion on this flick.

Remember when everyone just loved the shit out of this? (Well, I don't because I was sort of only 4 months old, but.) Now you bring up this movie and it's normally followed by an ugh and some sarcastic comment…

• nicole

★★★★★ Added by nicole

i was obsessed w this as a kid and lowkey i still am even though the script is terrible and i notice the terrible effects and acting but frankly i don't care this movie deserves all the oscars it won simply for the car sex scene with jack's hand, amen. (fuck james cameron tho)

• Pete Laurie

Watched by Pete Laurie 08 Mar, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Titanic plays a pretty important role in my development as a movie nerd. It came out when I was about 16, and like everyone else alive at the time, I saw it in the cinema. It was important because it was the first time I was really consciously aware that big budget, prestige movie making didn’t make a movie exempt from predictable clichés and lazy story telling. Before that time, I’d recognised predictability and familiar structure in cheap comedies and…

• gunstreet

★★★ Rewatched by gunstreet 06 Mar, 2015

Re-watched this to see if the theory about Jack being a time traveller holds water (lol) and it kinda does! But mostly the best reasons to watch this movie are:
    a) young, beautiful Leo looking like a soft butch lesbian
    b) Kathy Bates
    c) Kate Winslet's hair
    d) when she spits in Billy Zane's face
    e) the decadent costumes and sets
    f) random dude hitting the propellor as he falls from the sinking ship

• Ainslie Wood

★★★½ Added by Ainslie Wood

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I watched this movie for the first time when it was released in 3D with my mom. We watched it in an AMC theatre. I really enjoyed watching the movie. My mom found it weird that I laughed when the random guy hit the propeller and started spinning. Even though there were very disgruntling/sad parts of the movie, you could find some humor in it.