• Sarah Shachat

★★★★ Added by Sarah Shachat

I'm not sure what's biggest here: Cameron's visual mastery given a little bit of a more languid pace and dignity, the structurally genius innovation of the disaster film into a proper historical epic teen romance disaster film, or Celine's pipes.

Who am I kidding. It's Celine.

• Taylor Brown

Watched by Taylor Brown 23 May, 2015

I'm all caught up.

• washington

★★★½ Rewatched by washington 20 May, 2015

This is a far better film (or really pair of films unified by a single storyline) than I remember it being with the first half being a classical styled romance with the best of them and the disaster movie second half does a great job of giving a sense of what is happening.Better yet it somehow manages to sustain the intimacy and danger provided by the pair of protagonists while at the same time making the ship's passengers seem like…

• Daniblacksmoke

★★★★½ Watched by Daniblacksmoke 16 May, 2015 2

Una película irrepetible. Los que la critican son unos rancios de la vida. La química entre DiCaprio y Winslet es innegable, como el poderío visual y técnico de Cameron. Y sí, aunque también hay películas de su año que me flipen, se merece cada Oscar que tiene.

• Jason Darby

★★½ Rewatched by Jason Darby 16 May, 2015

James Cameron's Titanic is pretty much everything that you've heard it is. It's a spectacle, cumbersome, and far more rewarding as eye candy than it is any kind of great story. It's a fitting metaphor for the ship from which it draws its name: a lot of bells and whistles but fundamentally flawed when you get down to the nuts and bolts of it.

I will say that titanic doesn't quite reach the levels of storyline banality that James Cameron's…

• taylor

★★★★½ Rewatched by taylor 14 May, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

maybe.... if i.. rewatch this.. jack wont.. die

• JOKUBAS

★★★★½ Added by JOKUBAS

tik neplaukit titaniku

• Always Watching

★★★★★ Rewatched by Always Watching 04 May, 2015

Jack is the person I aspire to be (and I fail to be) everyday–free and fearless.

• ranjan1

Watched by ranjan1 30 Apr, 2015

Excellent love story. De Caprio is awesome

• feedingbrett

★★★★½ Rewatched by feedingbrett 04 May, 2015 8

Review In A Nutshell:

James Cameron has always sought to entertain his audience foremost, similar to the likes of Peter Jackson and Steven Spielberg; it draws in the minds of their audiences with their ambitious spectacle and emotional essence of their stories. They have earned themselves as masters of their own genres, they captivate just as efficiently and at times more than another filmmaker whose primary intentions are to create ambiguous deconstructions of a character’s soul or to inject thought-provoking…

• mystery_mouse

★★★★½ Added by mystery_mouse

traantje

• Adriii

★★★½ Rewatched by Adriii 18 Apr, 2015

No me cuento entre los que la consideran una grandeza porque me cuesta obviar lo básica y maniquea que es la historia de amor y el universo arriba-abajo, por llamarle de algún modo. Pero es imposible no rendirse a los pies de Cameron en lo que al apartado técnico y visual se refiere. Cada plano vale lo que cuesta. El montaje - con esas transiciones-, la puesta en escena en el barco y el planteamiento de dirección de esos 90 minutos de hundimiento son espectaculares. Tiene planos que encogen el corazón.