• Andrew Willis

★★★★ Watched by Andrew Willis 27 Nov, 2014 2

I'm sure it is in style to rip on this movie, and partly for good reason. It is melodramatic, sappy, a bit didactic, more than a bit on-the-nose, and it is a story that everyone knows how it is going to end.

What these "haters" may not be taking into account is all the reasons to love this picture. It is epic in its scope and ambitions. It is the movie that launched the careers of two of our finest…

• Nick

★½ Added by Nick

Aesthetically, Titanic was ahead of its time. Incredible special-effects, marvelous set-pieces, and immaculate costume design swept the Oscars.

But I'll be damned if this isn't perhaps the most poorly-written, obnoxiously-acted, historically offensive blockbuster in the history of the world.

• Johan Windh

★★★★½ Rewatched by Johan Windh 21 Nov, 2014

Still in the top.

• Georgina

★★★½ Watched by Georgina 21 Nov, 2014

I was tired of being the 'worst film student ever' because I'd never seen this film so I finally got around to watching it and, I mean, it was okay.

Now people can finally stop making fun of me.

• kirbyhiller2

★★ Added by kirbyhiller2

Bleh.Doesn't deserve to be the second richest movie of all time

• Amy Ashdown

★★★★★ Rewatched by Amy Ashdown 16 Nov, 2014

It's hard to describe the impact Titanic had on me upon its release. I can't think of a single film in my lifetime that has had so much buzz and excitement surrounding it. As a 9-year-old girl, I was completely captivated by the sheer scale of the film, the sets, the costumes and, yes, even the love story. Talk of Kate and Leo was ubiquitous in the playground (as were renditions of My Heart Will Go On), and kids would…

• Joey

★★★★ Added by Joey

It's very popular to hate on Cameron's non-killer-robot-alien movies... but fuck that. Titanic was a great flick. Come at me, bro.

• Cityzen Kano

★★★½ Rewatched by Cityzen Kano 16 Nov, 2014 3

Bloated, self indulgent, manipulative and way over the top.

Yet everytime I see it I can't help getting swept along.

• Matt Hewdon

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Hewdon 16 Nov, 2014

The 20th Century was an illustrious time for the medium of film. Sound was developed, colour too, and even CGI dragons and aliens blossomed the silver screen. However, no film was to have a bigger effect on pop culture than a film released at the tail-end of the century. Starring a then somewhat known fellow named Leonardo DiCaprio, and an English starlet named Kate Winslet, the film was about a ship, an iceberg and undying love. Titanic is, arguably, one…

• Clay Bones