• Christopher Allan Smith

★★★★★ Added by Christopher Allan Smith

Originally posted 1999.

I am an unapologetic TITANIC fan. Yap if you will about it being a chick flick, -- if you think James Cameron can make a chick flick, you don’t live in a world where they breath air -- and engage me in a flaming email exchange if you must, but not counting TERMINATOR 2: JUDGEMENT DAY, TITANIC is the highest expression of Cameron’s particular talents.

This comes from a diehard Cameron fan. If RAIDERS OF THE LOST…

• Gus Anderson

★★½ Added by Gus Anderson

First half sucked, second half was solid. Would love to see an alternate ending film where Jack and Rose both survive and then run off together only to realize that they have nothing in common.

• Chester H

★★★★★ Added by Chester H

One of the great cinematic experiences.

• Parker

★★½ Watched by Parker 08 Nov, 2015

You see, she's wealthy, but he's poor. AND THEY STILL MANAGE TO FALL IN LOVE AGAINST ALL ODDS!!

• Paul Zoccolillo

★★★★ Added by Paul Zoccolillo

(Original review outdated, re-evaluation required at later date)

• drasch56

★★★★½ Added by drasch56

Better love story than the notebook.

• CarloBecerra

★★★★★ Watched by CarloBecerra 01 Nov, 2015

Damn this movie can make a grown man cry

• Blake Simons

★★½ Added by Blake Simons

'Draw me out like one of your French films'

• Christopher Fujino

★★½ Watched by Christopher Fujino 29 Oct, 2015 2

It's taken me 18 years to finally see this film. What made me finally bite the bullet? A 10-hour flight to Munich. What surprised me the most is just how mind-numbingly dull the first half is. Everything is soooo broad and obvious. He's penniless, uneducated, but with a heart of gold. She is respectable, but bound by societal pressure to marry the priveleged, wealthy asshole. There's a wealthy American who is condescendingly called "new money," who speaks her mind and…

• cosmickid

★★★★★ Added by cosmickid

This movie always makes me sob like a baboon, every. single. time. I just can't help myself I guess.

This film, along with Romeo & Juliet, made me love DiCaprio with all of my little heart, and I still can't get enough. Titanic is beautifully written, shot, and performed, the characters are extremely likable and relatable, and I find myself rooting for Jack and Rose ever since they first meet. I specifically relate to Jack the most, we're both artists with a lot of soul. I'm a hopeless romantic at heart so this film really caters to me. I'm not ashamed.

• Ruobing

★★★★ Rewatched by Ruobing 26 Oct, 2015

yes it sucks and is meaningless empty decadent trash but it still makes me cry every time smh

• Matthew E. Ryan

★★★★★ Rewatched by Matthew E. Ryan 24 Oct, 2015

Maybe I'm a populist consumer whore and how, but this is one of my favorite movies fight me.