• Ben Dugan

★★★★ Rewatched by Ben Dugan 19 Dec, 2014

The script is certainly lacking in TITANIC. It features tons of clumsy dialogue, the story is obvious from minute one.
    But as pure spectacle the movie is still a marvel. All the details are amazing. The end moves at a flawless pace. And even in its predictablilty the movie is suspenseful and involving.

• stnvegs

★★★★½ Watched by stnvegs 01 Sep, 2014

The first 2.5 or so hours are really quite boring to me, but once the Titanic hits the iceberg, it gets much more interesting. For being made in the 90s and the much more basic special effects softwares, the special effects are really good. The story is really good. However, the ending could have been worse.

• William Tallman

★★★★★ Rewatched by William Tallman 18 Dec, 2014 2

Putting aside the cheesy screenplay, TITANIC really is one of my favorites. Its incredible scope, gorgeous cinematography, brilliant direction by James Cameron, great performances from DiCaprio and Winslet, and groundbreaking effects for its time make it an absolutely beautiful work of cinema in my book. I honestly don’t care if people think it’s overrated. To me, it’s a very well done film.

• Vere

★★½ Added by Vere

Titanic is not one of my favorite films to be honest. It's pretty dramatic and stuff, but i can't understand the whole fuss at the end scene where jack dies.

• Minionofhell

Added by Minionofhell

I honestly don´t understand all the praise about this movie,it nearly bored me to death and i didn´t shed one tear.Yeah,the actors were mostly good,costume and hair was awesome and...that´s about it.

• Carolinanz

★★★½ Added by Carolinanz

"Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was"

• reginary

★★★★ Added by reginary

why does jack had to die? why they did not share this wooden thing each other?
    the end was so terrifying and it comes with anger...

• Ian W. Pugh

★½ Rewatched by Ian W. Pugh 13 Dec, 2014

Only vaguely anticipating what caricatures could be made from his success, James Cameron dresses up as Rich Uncle Pennybags. In a ridiculous Jim Backus affectation, he shouts, "I say, I say, there's quite the class divide here, ay wot?" He starts painting watercolor tears on a frowny-face man and mails the frowny-face man to Bill Paxton. The picture is labeled in sloppy paintbrush letters: "THIS IS YOU, BILL, BUT ON THE INSIDE. THIS WILL BE EVERYONE ELSE ON THE OUTSIDE."…

• Salina

★★★★½ Rewatched by Salina 14 Apr, 2012

Watched in 3D again in 2012. It wasn't bad

• Chloe

★★★ Added by Chloe

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Andrew Willis

★★★★ Watched by Andrew Willis 27 Nov, 2014 3

I'm sure it is in style to rip on this movie, and partly for good reason. It is melodramatic, sappy, a bit didactic, more than a bit on-the-nose, and it is a story that everyone knows how it is going to end.

What these "haters" may not be taking into account is all the reasons to love this picture. It is epic in its scope and ambitions. It is the movie that launched the careers of two of our finest…

• Nick

★½ Added by Nick

Aesthetically, Titanic was ahead of its time. Incredible special-effects, marvelous set-pieces, and immaculate costume design swept the Oscars.

But I'll be damned if this isn't perhaps the most poorly-written, obnoxiously-acted, historically offensive blockbuster in the history of the world.