• Bubs

★★★★ Rewatched by Bubs 22 Apr, 2014

Neitsytmatkalla oleva botski ottaa osumaa jäävuoresta. Varattu punapää antaa persaukiselle taiteilijapojulle.

Rankka tarina, romanttinen tulkinta.

• Naughty

★★★★★ Watched by Naughty 22 Apr, 2014 3

Decadent tale highlighting humanities greatest failings arrogance and the privileged few sense of entitlement, riddled with a hokey, highly improbable romance!

Soon enough the opulent class learns death is the great equalizer! And the arrogant are soon brought to their knee's by this humbling tragedy!

As far as the romance being slightly off putting I came to a whole new understanding of this strange shipboard romance! I believe the youthful love between Jack and Rose represented the lives, the hopes…

• UniverseMatter

★★★★★ Added by UniverseMatter

An overblown, melodramatic soap opera of the grandest kind - like Gone with the Wind was for generations past. You either buy into it or you don't. For those who do, it's an indelible, unforgettable cinematic experience - complete with a romance that's as sentimental as it is understated and a musical score that resonates long after the final credits have rolled. I am also of the belief that Jack & Rose represent top-tier performances in the careers of Leo & Kate. "Epic" in a way few other films in history have been.

• Roger Joseph Ebert

★★★★★ Added by Roger Joseph Ebert

Like a great iron Sphinx on the ocean floor, the Titanic faces still toward the West, interrupted forever on its only voyage. We see it in the opening shots of “Titanic,” encrusted with the silt of 85 years; a remote-controlled TV camera snakes its way inside, down corridors and through doorways, showing us staterooms built for millionaires and inherited by crustaceans.

These shots strike precisely the right note; the ship calls from its grave for its story to be told,…

• Metin Seven

★★★ Added by Metin Seven

I'm a big Cameron fan, but I found this movie overly melodramatic.

• fincky87

★★★★★ Watched by fincky87 20 Apr, 2014

I'm a man, and i cried. Awesome.

• Suzanne Moses

★★★ Added by Suzanne Moses

Loved it in 97, but I'm not sure it holds up now. Great actors though.

• Richard Wibisono

★★★★ Added by Richard Wibisono

Sex and ship

• Stacey

★★★★★ Rewatched by Stacey 14 Apr, 2014

Quick preface: I owe this movie my life. When I watched Titanic for the first time, I was horribly depressed and suicidal, and it was through watching Rose's similar crisis and recovery that I not only decided not to kill myself, but realized that my life is actually significant and worth living. So every year since then I wait until April 14th (the day it hit the berg) and set aside that day to watch the movie, documentaries about the…

• Greg Ebdon

★★★★ Watched by Greg Ebdon 16 Apr, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Stephen Cole

★★★★½ Rewatched by Stephen Cole 12 Apr, 2014

Minus half a star for ethnic stereotyping.

• David Sims

★★★★★ Rewatched by David Sims 15 Apr, 2014

They showed this at Videology before trivia (yes, I get to trivia more than three hours before it begins) and by the end of the movie there was a packed house that was cheering and applauding the last scene (which I maintain is the reason the film became such a phenomenon with people re-watching it theaters over and over again).

This movie is the best.