• Hunter

★★★★ Watched by Hunter 18 Sep, 2014

The supreme direction of Orson Welles commands this picture into the soaring heights of classical noir, and ensures that the film endures even to today. Though not a perfect film by any stretch, Touch of Evil is nonetheless a gripping wallow in the mud which pulls its audience down and dares them to stand back up.

Touch of Evil marked Welles' return to American cinema after about a decade in Europe, and he returned to marvelous success. It is a…

• kalseyrojo

★★★ Watched by kalseyrojo 15 Sep, 2014

The plot of this movie overall was good. However, sometimes it felt like the movie was dragging on longer than expected. The multiple cuts of scenes and awkward conversations make it harder to follow. If it would of been a little quicker pace, the movie would be much more enjoyable to watch.

• Que'Shella Hall

★★★ Watched by Que'Shella Hall 15 Sep, 2014

• Christian Moler

★★★★ Watched by Christian Moler 15 Sep, 2014

• funsohng

★★★★★ Added by funsohng

Touch of Evil is perfection visualized on screen.

• abeemer1

★★★★ Watched by abeemer1 15 Sep, 2014

• BrittiniB

★★★★ Watched by BrittiniB 15 Sep, 2014

“Touch of Evil” by Orson Wells is probably the strangest, old film I’ve watched in a while. The movie in itself was a great mix of many things, but the one aspect I can’t get my mind quite wrapped around is by what genre to classify it as.
    In comparison to Bordwell’s article “Film Genres,” one would suspect that a movie like this one would have an easy defining characteristic in order to classify it as something. For example, when…

• Eduardo Morales

★★★★ Added by Eduardo Morales

• Shawna of the Shire

★★★★ Watched by Shawna of the Shire 15 Sep, 2014

"A policeman's job is only easy in a police state..."

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★½ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 26 Nov, 2010

Touch of Evil displays a perfect work of storytelling, camera work, and direction. It is a magnificent motion picture that is one of Orson Welles' finest films as well one of the crowning achievements of the film-noir genre.

Right from the superb continuous tracking shot that constituted its famous opening long take to its suspenseful climax, this is a masterfully crafted and told movie that features splendid writing, some great characterizations, and certain plot devices that were somewhat ahead of…

• Colin

★★★★ Watched by Colin 12 Sep, 2014

Reefer Madness with Janet Leigh!

• Pete Laurie