• Phil Sternwise

½ Added by Phil Sternwise

This movie is a headache, but not as bad of a headache of any following Transformers movies. Too much crap going on onscreen, nothing to care about. I give this movie THE FINGER.

• G. Jardar Olsen

★★★½ Added by G. Jardar Olsen

As a child of the 80's and its Saturday morning cartoons, it's impossible not to get a bit teary-eyed witnessing the animated small screen heroes' transform into big screen "live-action".

I remember quite well the massive goosebumps and emotions racing through me the first time big screen-Optimus Prime introduced himself, voiced by the same man that did the cartoons; Peter Cullen. Grown men were actually crying in the movie theatre, and I'm not joking. Childhood memories are a serious thing,…

• Peter Krueger

★★ Added by Peter Krueger

I watched it on purpose, but was only entertained by the scene where Bernie Mac was complaining about his mammy. Giant robots? I don't really even remember that stuff.

• evlkeith

★½ Watched by evlkeith 11 Dec, 2014

I bought the box set of all four Transformers films thinking, how bad can they be? The answer: pretty bad.

The story is a mess. Fair enough that I don't care about the MacGuffin but it's not good when I care about nothing else too. The Transformers comics and animated version concentrate on the robots and their characters rather than an irritating teenage and his shallow lady friend. One of the robots dies before you even get a hint of…

• heol

½ Added by heol

Worst movie I ever watched. Throughout my life I've nope'd out of many disgustingly horrible movies, but this one I sat through until the end. You know why? Because I had a girlfriend and she blackmailed me into it. We're not together anymore.

Don't be fooled by the half star, this is 0/5 wouldn't rewatch if my life depended on it.

• Matthew Wooldridge

★★★½ Watched by Matthew Wooldridge 28 Jun, 2007

Could this be Michael bay's best film? I know for some, that's not saying much, but as far as fans of Transformers cartoons and action figures should be concerned - Bay delivers.

I was actually pleased Bay directed this. The thought occurred to me about 40 mins in. He fits the action-driven Transformers world like a glove. And unlike the cartoons, we have human characters taking the centre stage, but you never get the feeling you wanted more of the…

• Justin Robert Vinall

★★ Added by Justin Robert Vinall

Robots and mayhem! Transformers hits the big screen for the first time as actual (well CGI) fighting transforming robots! But they're not as interesting as they were in concept and on TV.

Shia Lebeouf is given a shit hand in these films. He is a very good actor, I do however believe his character to be extremely unrelatable, hyper realized and just over the top. As is Megan Foxx but more... subtle. Well not all there, her performance is very…

• MovieMan23

★½ Added by MovieMan23

Horrible movie, style over substance.

• Oliver Moore

★★½ Watched by Oliver Moore 22 Sep, 2014

I think I’ve been in the room whilst “Transformers” was on about 6 or 7 times since it was released, I know the whole movie but I’ve never sat and actually watched the entire thing from start to finish (I’m sure a lot of people have had this experience with at least one movie). So I thought “Hey let’s give that one a shot” because I thought you couldn’t really go wrong with a blockbuster to waste a few hours…

• Miles Monroe

★½ Rewatched by Miles Monroe 23 Nov, 2014

Another great Rifftrax commentary. The only way to watch rubbish action films.

• Mr Stevens

★★ Added by Mr Stevens

With all the other Transformers crap, it's hard to remember that the first movie did not suck so much. With with annoying Shia... Oh wait, he isn't famous anymore and some racist humor, it ultimately isn't that good of a film.

• Joey

★★★½ Added by Joey

Yeah, I liked it. It was exciting and fun and had a great soundtrack.