• Eugene McCrann

★½ Added by Eugene McCrann

Transformers are nerdy and Michael Bay is not a nerd, from the dripping sex glossiness by way of Megan Fox, to the boyhood fantasy portrayed not as an intergalactic fight for planetary democracy, but as a social echelon booster: Transformers giving Shia the kudos necessary to win over his more muscle bound comrades and the curvaceous female arm candy. It's not really the type of daydream shared by what I perceive to be Transformers's niche audience - it's the type…

• sho_chan0319

★★★ Rewatched by sho_chan0319 24 Jun, 2009

It was a good movie. I enjoyed it.

View

• #DarthVader " Da Swag Sith"

★★★ Added by #DarthVader " Da Swag Sith"

This film is even more stupid than my letterboxd reviews!
    Ok, maybe not that stupid.

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★½ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 17 Feb, 2008

The first Transformers movie is one of my ultimate guilty pleasures ever. However, sometimes I think that I shouldn't feel that guilty for liking it so much. In my opinion, it's one of the finest examples of what mindless fun and action stands for. There's barely any substance in anything related to plot or characters, but as far as spectacularly exciting action sequences and exhilarating visual effects (and pretty much nothing else) are concerned, not many movies beat this one. This film and 1996's The Rock are doubtlessly Michael Bay's more entertaining and decent efforts.

• Matt G

★½ Watched by Matt G 25 Aug, 2014

The most popular film of 2007 that I had not seen

God damn that was a long Camaro commercial. and so explode-y.

Questions/Comments: They can travel just as fast when they are robots as when they are cars, plus they can't fight when the are cars - why do they bother to change into cars at all?
    Why doesn't Optimus Prime use his sword in every fight?
    I've never been in Army, but it sure seems a lot smaller and much more unorganized than it should be.
    Optimus Prime is very naive when it comes to his views on humanity

• Pandamonium

Added by Pandamonium

Despite the fact that I watched this movie not to be entertained but as an anthropological exersize, the contrarian in me wanted to love this movie. Generally I like bright and colorful movies more than most, so I wasn't without hope. Of course I didn't, but I also didn't hate it and I don't understand the hate for it. I was left completely cold by Transformers, because it was a movie not made for me and I thought the movie…

• Jay

Rewatched by Jay 20 Aug, 2014 1

Director: Michael Bay
    Screenwriters: Roberto Orci & Alex Kurtzman
    Based on the “entertainment franchise” of the same name (their phrase, not mine...)
    Cast: Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox, Josh Duhamel, Tyrese Gibson, Jon Voight, John Turturro, Kevin Dunn & Julie White
    Runtime: 144 min // Certificate: 12a

I can hear the defenders already. “Oh, you’re just jumping on the Bay-hating bandwagon!”, they’ll cry. Well maybe I am, though it’s difficult not to when Bay has made the landing platform all but impossible to…

• Applebaumk

★★★½ Added by Applebaumk

A fun movie that requires no brain power.

• CipherNine

½ Added by CipherNine

Guys, have you heard the one where Michael Bay made a movie that didn't that didn't make anyone intelligent want to tear his eyes out?
    Yeah, I haven't either.
    So filled with idiocy was this film that when I first saw it in theaters I decided to mentally play songs and Broadway show tunes to shut out the obnoxious explosions.
    It's funny what you see when you do that. You get this kind of hazy, limited view where you're just…

• Robeilton Simões

★★★★★ Added by Robeilton Simões

Diversão garantida!!

• Gonzo_Rhoads

★★★★ Watched by Gonzo_Rhoads 03 Aug, 2014

explosiones, roboces y pivones. Peliculon, vaya.

• Gnske

★★½ Added by Gnske

It's not as bad as it's sequels, but it's still Michael Bay trash in every regard.