• KC Maybe

★★★ Rewatched by KC Maybe 29 Apr, 2016

It's not terribly terrible

• Ramon Paolo Alfar

★★½ Rewatched by Ramon Paolo Alfar 26 Apr, 2016

Hollywood's explosions darling releases the first live-action "Transformers" movie in imploding proportions. To be fair, seeing it for the first time when I was twelve was a grandiose blockbuster experience. And the blockbuster feel is still apparent, though this time, it gets more critical bats in the eye. This film about Hasbro's shape-shifting beings centers on Sam Witwicky (Shia LaBeouf), who was caught in the middle of long-age war between Autobots (the "good" guys) and Decepticons (the "cool" bullies) as…

• Parker

★★ Rewatched by Parker 23 Apr, 2016

I get that you need a plucky young human protagonist to be our entry point character, but when you have a movie about fast cars that change into giant alien robot warriors why do we waste even a single fucking frame on human army men?!

• Will ML

★★½ Rewatched by Will ML 20 Apr, 2016

These films have become so bad that sometimes we forget that the first one had a lotta good stuff going for it. It doesn't take itself too seriously, is some good blockbuster explosion fun and in general is pretty entertaining. Shia is gold. So good.

• Ryan James Quinn

Watched by Ryan James Quinn 17 Apr, 2016

Finishing something on my DVR, the “live” television was tuned to a channel playing Transformers. I just want to describe what I saw.

Main character in bedroom, listening to news report. Cut to main character in kitchen, new clothes as report continues. Calls friend who’s washing dog, dog appears in his hands after cutting back to him in kitchen. Cut to character racing a bike from his front door down into street, racing away from car he is afraid of.…

• Nathanial00

★★★★ Added by Nathanial00

7.6/10
    I really dug this movie.

• Brandon Hart

★★★★ Rewatched by Brandon Hart 17 Apr, 2016

It's really hard not to get swept up in the Bayhem and nostalgia with this one.

• EvanstonDad

★★★★ Added by EvanstonDad

I was actually slightly motion sick after leaving this film, so my final impression of it is somewhat marred by that, but overall this was dumb summer fun at its best. I was the right age for the transformer toys, but I never really got into them. However, having played with them is not a prerequisite for enjoying the film.

These kind of movies crack me up. They are so obvious in their intentions to traffic in the gut emotions…

• electra

★★★½ Rewatched by electra 09 Apr, 2016

U FEELIN LUCKY PUNK

• Wispaman79

★★★★★ Added by Wispaman79

So Michael Bay it makes Armageddon look like Downtown abby, you'll never see a film like this ever again , it's big, dumb, loud and one big Nostalgic Masterpiece. Fuck the Haters.

• Alexis Banner

★★★★ Rewatched by Alexis Banner 04 Apr, 2016

i love all transformers everything. and i have a soft spot for the first live action.

• CliffvanO

Watched by CliffvanO 29 Mar, 2016

I never liked the Transformers, not as a comicbook, not as a cartoonseries and certainly not as a movie. Started watching this out of curiosity, but it's terrible. I love action movies, but this isn't funny when it's meant to be funny, the story is terrible, lots of inconcistensies, acting.... not worth mentioning, and the violence.... totally meaningless. Terrible movie, waste of time. 1 point because of the special FX. (1/5)