• nikohendrix

★★ Rewatched by nikohendrix 17 Sep, 2014

I thought this was one of Michael Bay's more tolerable films. I was wrong. Maybe in comparison to the sequels, but I'm not willing to give nine hours of my life to those.

• Liam Hathaway

★★★½ Added by Liam Hathaway

The spectacular beginning of a now-awful franchise. There is a determinedly excessive amount of would-be comedic elements that are completely unnecessary and it's a little overlong (the sequels didn't learn from this), but there is no doubt that the CGI effects and action sequences are stunning and justify their rampant overuse (in this film at least). Probably Michael Bay's fourth best film behind The Rock, Bad Boys and Pain & Gain, so it's in good company at least.

• Adam Cadre
  • Cole_Ratcliff

★★★★★ Added by Cole_Ratcliff

A (93)

• funsohng

Added by funsohng

Michael Bay's Transformers is a classic example of "it's so bad it's fun."

• Asher

★★½ Added by Asher 6

Much better than the sequels. But still lacking any depth, emotion and purpose.

And as for, Megan Fox... Not even her glutes and bosom can make me love this shallow, admitingly somewhat enjoyable, popcorn fodder.

P.S. Her glutes and bosom aren't even that great in the First place!

• Tom Bannatyne

★½ Watched by Tom Bannatyne 04 Sep, 2014

'That's stupid. That was a stupid line. "There's more than meets the eye with you." Stupid.'

BANG. CRASH. FIRE. EXPLOSION. SHOUT. BANG. CRASH.

If Transformers was meant to be anything more than the above, it failed calamitously. To be honest, if it was meant to be the above, it didn't do a great job. There might be some room for a film which bridges well executed and interesting action sequences with somewhat flimsy layers of actual story, but Michael Bay…

• KMOKLER

★★½ Added by KMOKLER

I didnt think it was as good as some people discribed it to be the effects are great and Megan Foxx is gorgeous but her acting bad and I can't stand Shia Labeouf.

• The Movie King

★★½ Watched by The Movie King 28 Jun, 2014

I promised myself in 2009 that I wouldn't attempt to return to the Transformers (ROTF killed it), but with another chapter of the neverending franchise recently released and my interest in reviewing the franchise, The Movie King returns to the world of the Autobots. I admit, when I was a kid and when it first cane out, I loved this movie. Maybe not as much as Star Wars or Harry Potter, but this film WAS awesome. But nostalgia does not…

• Eugene McCrann

★½ Added by Eugene McCrann

Transformers are nerdy and Michael Bay is not a nerd, from the dripping sex glossiness by way of Megan Fox, to the boyhood fantasy portrayed not as an intergalactic fight for planetary democracy, but as a social echelon booster: Transformers giving Shia the kudos necessary to win over his more muscle bound comrades and the curvaceous female arm candy. It's not really the type of daydream shared by what I perceive to be Transformers's niche audience - it's the type…

• sho_chan0319

★★★ Rewatched by sho_chan0319 24 Jun, 2009

It was a good movie. I enjoyed it.

View

• #DarthVader " Da Swag Sith"

★★★ Added by #DarthVader " Da Swag Sith"

This film is even more stupid than my letterboxd reviews!
    Ok, maybe not that stupid.