• Lynn

★★★½ Watched by Lynn 08 Jul, 2014

A gentle reminder to never play your records backwards. Even if you really hate your high school.

• Dylan Stedman

★★★½ Watched by Dylan Stedman 05 May, 2014

The premise of Haunted Heavy Metal Records and Cassettes killing preppy teens is awesome and so 80's - shame the story is a bit slow in some parts, and I really didn't like Ragman all that much...

• Walter Farley

★★★★★ Added by Walter Farley

My love of any pre 1990 metal makes this movie a 5 out of 5 no matter if it is a test pattern with metal music over it. It is nice to see Skippy hanging out with a cooler crowd. Skippy- look up the reference if for some reason you do not know who the guy is. Watch this one if you get a chance.

• Donald May Jr

★★★½ Rewatched by Donald May Jr 26 Mar, 2014

I remember catching this one theatrically back in college and thought it was silly fun. Still is, 28 (!!!) years later. Watched the German Blu-ray, which was taken from a dense print that contained shitty muffled English audio. Oh well, sure beats the crappy "Platinum" disc DVD that came out about 10 years ago. Not a bad cheezy metal horror film directed by "Toad."

• James Clark

★★★★★ Watched by James Clark 25 Feb, 2014

After the death of his heavy metal hero, a high school loner is given a copy of his singer's final , unreleased album, and all hell breaks loose.

There are a lot of movies out there that when they were made reflected the mood of the time. In this case we have Trick Or Treat, which isn't actually a particularly good horror movie, but was made at a time when public opinion was turning against heavy metal music, and it…

• Tomas Walther

★★½ Rewatched by Tomas Walther 31 Jan, 2014

80's horror

• Gibnerd

★★★★ Watched by Gibnerd 11 Feb, 2014

for about 75-80 minutes, Trick or Treat plays like it is the ultimate in the heavy metal horror genre. the idea of an evil hair metal supernatural force named Sammi Curr is total gold and the movie perfectly captures that mid eighties metal era. i did feel like it lost a tiny bit of it's thunder in a floundering climax that doesn't really fulfill a incredible build up, but the movie is still an underrated classic.

• Antonio Quintero

★★★ Watched by Antonio Quintero 29 Jan, 2013

Best metal horror movie
    I find the high school bully scene more scary than any horror scene in this movie.

• David Reynolds

★★★ Added by David Reynolds

Tarantino-style multiple stories and mixed up timeline doesn't add much to this collection of fairly clichéd horror skits. Kind of like a live-action version of a Simpsons Halloween episode. Of course, at the time, fairly clever and new :) .

• Dirk Massey

★★ Watched by Dirk Massey 01 Feb, 2014

Loved this film back in the day but unfortunately doesn't really age well

Cameo appearances from Gene Simmons and Ozzy Osbourne cannot save this film

It is a complete cheesefest

I still enjoyed it tho!

• Lollyfist

★★★½ Rewatched by Lollyfist 27 Jan, 2014

It's hard to rate these sort of films. I try and rate them honestly, objectively, so it's a 3 out of 5, it's no masterpiece but it's watchable teen horror, that's what my head is saying. My heart is screaming 'ITS A 5 STAR SLAB OF METAL AND 80'S TEEN HORROR AAAAAWWWWESOOOOOME WATCH IT AGAIN'

• Ian

Rewatched by Ian 20 Jan, 2014

A hair band rock star, scorned by his former high school and uninvited to play a live show at the Halloween dance, sacrifices his own soul to the devil, so he can come back and rock that shit out at the dance, while killing people. A straight 10 for Ozzy Osbourne playing a crazy televangelist. I can't help that I like this crap and I won't apologize about it either.