• cinemacide

★★★★ Rewatched by cinemacide 31 Oct, 2015

It has some flaws but this is an underrated hair metal horror gem!

• Montag

★★★★★ Rewatched by Montag 31 Oct, 2015

This was one of my favorite movies growing up in the 80's. Had a pretty big influence on my taste in music. Hard rock/Heavy Metal. This movie will never get old for me. Pure nostalgia bliss!!! Enjoy your metal weaktits!

• maskull

★★★★★ Rewatched by maskull 31 Oct, 2015 2

Every Single Stinkin’ Horror Movie That I’ve Watched In October (2015)
    Movie #101

This movie is so HEAVY METAL!! I'm totally jealous of Ragman's vinyl collection! Awesome soundtrack! The toilet flush thing is pretty dumb but otherwise this is a great Halloween/Heavy Metal movie.

• Chuck DelRoss

★★★½ Rewatched by Chuck DelRoss 30 Oct, 2015

Totally odd, but completely entertaining movie, with an unabashedly 80's aesthetic, and a killer soundtrack.

• Jimmy Brown

★★½ Watched by Jimmy Brown 31 Oct, 2015

The directorial debut of actor Charles Martin Smith (who also cameos) is an odd one. It picks up a bit towards the end and there is some impressive stunt work but I wish I liked this more than I did. I did like the use of the sound of the Ghostbusters' proton packs for electricity towards the end but the lip synching in the Halloween party scene was atrocious.

The soundtrack is pretty good, though, I liked the score. I probably would have loved this when I was younger....

• Warren

★★★½ Rewatched by Warren 28 Oct, 2015

Probably the best of the heavy metal horror movies of the 80's, in my opinion.

• Richard Diaz

★★★★ Rewatched by Richard Diaz 24 Oct, 2015

Watched at the Music Box Of Horrors.

Haven't watched this in so long but it was a perfect closer to the marathon and it was in 35mm to boot. It is such a fun film and actually I think even more fun now since it has the nostalgia aspect to it for me. Hope it gets a good Blu-ray release at some point.

• Daniel Davis

★★★½ Watched by Daniel Davis 25 Oct, 2015

Film 5 of The Belcourt Theater's 12 Hours of Terror

I couldn't believe how good this was. Reminds me of the kind of teen horror movies that just aren't done anymore. Was really shocked to see the Robert Elswit shot this.

• Austin Lugar

★★ Watched by Austin Lugar 26 Oct, 2015

Standard horror movie plot about a kid who is bullied and the a mysterious magic helps him but it turns out it's evil. It's so standard that it's confusing how incompetent it is. They talk about the rock star as a great fight of the freedom of speech and then he's supposed to represent all evil even to fans of rock. There's a point where the kid is screaming, "You need me than I need you! So why don't you…

• Jerry Downing

★★★½ Rewatched by Jerry Downing 25 Oct, 2015

Final film of the Music Box of Horrors 24 hour marathon. I thought this was a good way to end it. Just a cheesy, fun revenge flick. Great soundtrack from Fastway as well.

• Patty Lopez

Watched by Patty Lopez 22 Oct, 2015

It was good for most of the part, except when it got to that psycho lunatic singing on stage. I thought that made the film get pretty dumb after while.

• TheGiantClaw

★★★★ Watched by TheGiantClaw 15 Sep, 2015

***OctHorror Fest 2015: Schlock-O-Rama*** Day 22

Trick or Treat is the kind of ludicrous you could only find in the 80's. This is a movie where the Devil's music being played through backmasking releases the spirit of a dead rocker who obliterates people with his guitar riffs and giant hair. This is a movie where said ghost seduces a young woman through a cassette player, only to blow her mind. Literally. This is a movie where Gene Simmons plays a…