• Keith Abt

★★★ Added by Keith Abt

Imagine Freddy Krueger as a member of Motley Crue and you have this movie. A dorky high school headbanger (Marc "Skippy from Family Ties" Price) learns that he can communicate with his favorite dead rock star by playing his record backwards, which leads to an accidental resurrection and major chaos at the Halloween dance in this delightfully cheesy '80s cult classic. Features cameos by Ozzy and Gene Simmons and a soundtrack by Fastway. A Halloween season perennial 'round my house.

• findlay

★★★ Watched by findlay 02 Jan, 2016

that heinous metal soundtrack is SO G O O D

• Alex

★★★½ Watched by Alex 20 Dec, 2015

Amusing and entertaining forgotten horror film Trick or Treat is one of those genre films that deserve to be rediscovered by genre enthusiasts. Trick or Treat is a film that features an engaging story, with some good moments and several cameos from rock musicians that add to the vibe of the film. Trick or Treat is a pleasant forgotten treat and it has everything that you’d expect from 80’s horror. The story is about a kid who idolizes a heavy…

• Si Sharp

★★★½ Watched by Si Sharp 09 Dec, 2015

I sat watched this with my daughter expecting a really terrible film (we both love bad trashy horror). We didn't expect a genuinely creepy film with a perfectly serviceable plot.

• Gray Whitten

★★★½ Watched by Gray Whitten 29 Sep, 2015

The final Terror Tuesday of SHREDTEMBER!
    Thanks to Chris for getting me in on this one.
    7.0
    Skippy from "Family Ties" really gets more rocking than he expected!

• Derenzo

★★★★★ Added by Derenzo

You got ears, dildo?

• cinemacide

★★★★ Rewatched by cinemacide 31 Oct, 2015

It has some flaws but this is an underrated hair metal horror gem!

• Montag

★★★★★ Rewatched by Montag 31 Oct, 2015

This was one of my favorite movies growing up in the 80's. Had a pretty big influence on my taste in music. Hard rock/Heavy Metal. This movie will never get old for me. Pure nostalgia bliss!!! Enjoy your metal weaktits!

• maskull

★★★★★ Rewatched by maskull 31 Oct, 2015 2

Every Single Stinkin’ Horror Movie That I’ve Watched In October (2015)
    Movie #101

This movie is so HEAVY METAL!! I'm totally jealous of Ragman's vinyl collection! Awesome soundtrack! The toilet flush thing is pretty dumb but otherwise this is a great Halloween/Heavy Metal movie.

• Chuck DelRoss

★★★½ Rewatched by Chuck DelRoss 30 Oct, 2015

Totally odd, but completely entertaining movie, with an unabashedly 80's aesthetic, and a killer soundtrack.

• Jimmy Brown

★★½ Watched by Jimmy Brown 31 Oct, 2015

WATCHED AS PART OF MY UNSEEN 80S PROJECT

The directorial debut of actor Charles Martin Smith (who also cameos) is an odd one. It picks up a bit towards the end and there is some impressive stunt work but I wish I liked this more than I did. I did like the use of the sound of the Ghostbusters' proton packs for electricity towards the end but the lip synching in the Halloween party scene was atrocious.

The soundtrack is pretty good, though, I liked the score. I probably would have loved this when I was younger....

• Warren

★★★½ Rewatched by Warren 28 Oct, 2015

Probably the best of the heavy metal horror movies of the 80's, in my opinion.