• Sc8lo

★★½ Rewatched by Sc8lo 30 Oct, 2014

I know its only Rock & Roll but i like it. (Except the 'Non' ending.)

• Goremaster

★★★ Added by Goremaster

Average trash horror movie with the curious presence of two rock stars: the venerable Ozzy Osbourne and Gene Simmons.

• Scott Fairgrieve

★★½ Watched by Scott Fairgrieve 29 Oct, 2014

Plot is just OK. Kind of a Carrie theme but with metal music. SFX are cheesy, especially the guitar sending lightning bolts. The metal angle saves it -- great cameos by Gene Simmons and Ozzy. Not an every-year Halloween must-watch, but definitely worth an occasional watch due to the Halloween/metal themes.

• Freddie Young

★★★★ Rewatched by Freddie Young 28 Oct, 2014

• milan dobrovodsky

★★★½ Watched by milan dobrovodsky 31 Oct, 2014

loved the music and the cameos from heavy metal legends, but was hoping for more fun and playful tone to the movie...

• PaulLlewellyn

★★★★ Rewatched by PaulLlewellyn 31 Oct, 2014

When I was 12 this film ticked all the boxes. Still a lot of fun.

• maskull

★★★★★ Rewatched by maskull 31 Oct, 2014

Skippy beats the bullies and then saves the day while an awesome heavy metal soundtrack plays in the background. And I really want his record collection.

God I love my pretty Blu Ray!

• onemarathon

★★½ Watched by onemarathon 30 Oct, 2014

Trick or Treat is pretty awful but the 80's metal music references sort of made it fun to watch. The story: Rock star Sammi Curr dies in a fire shortly after being banned from performing at the local high school. Eddie, a devoted metal and Sammi fan is in shock until a radio DJ (Gene Simmons) gives him Sammi's one and only unreleased record. Playing that record summons Sammi from the grave and all hell breaks loose. Well, just a…

• Nathan Rabin

★★ Watched by Nathan Rabin 29 Oct, 2014 2

This was rather silly.

• Pieter Hansderson

★★½ Watched by Pieter Hansderson 26 Oct, 2014

Film 37 of Hoop-Tober

Ouiji-esque communication via heavy metal back-masking. Such a great 80s concept.

Cool first half that surprised me with it's seriousness and atmosphere, and a second half that's more cliched but still fun to watch. I did expect this to be cheesier because of the subject matter (and it does get there), but I'm glad it played out the way it did.

Good times. Worth checking out.

• Milez Das

★★★½ Watched by Milez Das 21 Oct, 2014 1

Tobe-Hooper #7

Well, I am so surprised with this movie. It was really great and fun .

One of the things I was surprised with was how it was pacing itself with no nonsense things. It kept getting interesting and scary. I liked how the sparks were coming out of guitar and vanishing everybody.

There is rock music, a scary teenager, some weird stuff, girls and just some seasoning with it.

Watch it and have fun.

• Danny Webster

★★★ Watched by Danny Webster 14 Oct, 2014

Film #17 of Hoop-Tober

Scariness level: 1/10

Very 80's. Very Rock'n'roll, very fun and a smidgen smarter that it probably gets credit for. Trick or Treat is a charming enough film that could have so easily gone into a bloody, bloody mess of a revenge/horror but instead plays it weird by involving the recently deceased ghost of a rocker and his super-fan, our main character Eddie, and the bizarre possession of radio waves and well, there's a really, really weird…