• Jason Hernandez

★★★½ Watched by Jason Hernandez 06 Oct, 2014

The finest heavy metal Halloween high school movie of 1986. Rock star Sammi Curri practices the occult, puts backward messages on his records and bites off snake heads at his concerts. So, he isn't going to let his death in a hotel fire stop him from playing the costume party dance at his old school. He comes back from the grave and wants to kill everyone in town with electric blasts from his guitar or through evil spirits that rise…

• Slaughter Film

★★★ Rewatched by Slaughter Film 10 Sep, 2014

This week Forest shares his thoughts on the "squicky" indie film, Cheap Thrills. Cory reviews a film that is very near and dear to his heart, Trick Or Treat with Gene Simmons & Ozzy Osbourne. A film that speaks to the heavy metal adolescent inside everyone.

The Duo discuss screening several hundred films for this years Eerie Horror Film Festival and how it's slowly turning them into zombies. Also, the "Fappening" is upon us! Repent! Repent! Save yourselves -- the "Second Cumming" is nearly here... Yes, they talk about Jennifer Lawrence's breasts.

Listen to us at Slaughter Film.com or on iTunes.

Like us on Facebook and Twitter.

• Sc8lo

★★½ Rewatched by Sc8lo 30 Oct, 2014

I know its only Rock & Roll but i like it. (Except the 'Non' ending.)

• Goremaster

★★★ Added by Goremaster

Average trash horror movie with the curious presence of two rock stars: the venerable Ozzy Osbourne and Gene Simmons.

• Scott Fairgrieve

★★½ Watched by Scott Fairgrieve 29 Oct, 2014

Plot is just OK. Kind of a Carrie theme but with metal music. SFX are cheesy, especially the guitar sending lightning bolts. The metal angle saves it -- great cameos by Gene Simmons and Ozzy. Not an every-year Halloween must-watch, but definitely worth an occasional watch due to the Halloween/metal themes.

• Freddie Young

★★★★ Rewatched by Freddie Young 28 Oct, 2014

• milan dobrovodsky

★★★½ Watched by milan dobrovodsky 31 Oct, 2014

loved the music and the cameos from heavy metal legends, but was hoping for more fun and playful tone to the movie...

• PaulLlewellyn

★★★★ Rewatched by PaulLlewellyn 31 Oct, 2014

When I was 12 this film ticked all the boxes. Still a lot of fun.

• maskull

★★★★★ Rewatched by maskull 31 Oct, 2014

Skippy beats the bullies and then saves the day while an awesome heavy metal soundtrack plays in the background. And I really want his record collection.

God I love my pretty Blu Ray!

• onemarathon

★★½ Watched by onemarathon 30 Oct, 2014

Trick or Treat is pretty awful but the 80's metal music references sort of made it fun to watch. The story: Rock star Sammi Curr dies in a fire shortly after being banned from performing at the local high school. Eddie, a devoted metal and Sammi fan is in shock until a radio DJ (Gene Simmons) gives him Sammi's one and only unreleased record. Playing that record summons Sammi from the grave and all hell breaks loose. Well, just a…

• Nathan Rabin

★★ Watched by Nathan Rabin 29 Oct, 2014 2

This was rather silly.

• Pieter Hansderson

★★½ Watched by Pieter Hansderson 26 Oct, 2014

Film 37 of Hoop-Tober

Ouiji-esque communication via heavy metal back-masking. Such a great 80s concept.

Cool first half that surprised me with it's seriousness and atmosphere, and a second half that's more cliched but still fun to watch. I did expect this to be cheesier because of the subject matter (and it does get there), but I'm glad it played out the way it did.

Good times. Worth checking out.