• Bellez

★★★ Added by Bellez

The soundtrack, the visuals and an overacting Michael Sheen make up for all the flaws in the movie.

• crazeycrazeuk

★★★ Watched by crazeycrazeuk 02 Jul, 2015

Average watch, creative story but doesn't really keep you glued

• Lucy

★★★ Watched by Lucy 27 Jun, 2015

I really feel like the overall idea behind this film was "if the audience's retinas have been burnt out by the neon, then they can't see the film, and therefore can't dislike the film"

Flawless logic imo.

• Yvette

★★★★½ Rewatched by Yvette 22 Jun, 2015

Yeah, the story's not quite there but I really consider it must see just because the visuals and soundtrack are such an experience, and I honestly don't have a problem with style over substance.

• Nick Fury

★★★★ Watched by Nick Fury 17 Dec, 2010

Solidly entertaining sequel to the 80s fantasy gives the audience everything they could want in terms of story and special FX. The opening of the film makes for a moody and mysterious entry back into the world of Tron, with a welcome appearance by Tron himself, Bruce Boxleitner returning as Alan Shepard. Sam Flynn's exploration of Flynn's Arcade is hardly action-packed, but its a great showcase for director Joseph Kosinski's obvious skill for combining visuals with music. Once we're into…

• Matt Gaffney

★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Gaffney 21 Jun, 2015

There's some glaring issues with this movie, but I still love it. Yeah, some of the story elements don't make a ton of sense. And CG Jeff Daniels doesn't look that great. But the look and sound of this movie are still amazing. Everyone talks about the score by Daft Punk, and they should. It's the greatest element in the entire film and single-handedly raises it to something more than your generic blockbuster.

Jeff Daniels performance is a bit too…

• cakefactory

★★★ Watched by cakefactory 20 Jun, 2015

This has remarkable visuals and audio, and has a few scenes that are just pure joy to watch (the light cycle scene towards the beginning, and the climax). It's a shame that I couldn't make myself care about any aspect of the plot. The plot is generally coherent, but it's just too overwritten and the stakes are too abstract to get you involved in it.

There are a couple things that worked with anything other than the technical side of…

• katie h.

★★★½ Rewatched by katie h. 18 Jun, 2015

I unapologetically love this movie so much.

• AJ Robinson

★★½ Added by AJ Robinson

The technical side of this film is superb, but the plot is way too sporadic and almost nonexistent at times. Not Recommended

• Matthias

★★★★½ Rewatched by Matthias 07 Jun, 2015

Kevin Flynn: It's amazing how productive doing nothing can be.

• Bryan Colley

★★★★ Added by Bryan Colley

The original Tron was one of the few movies where style boldy triumphed over substance. It's simply one of the most uniquely visual films ever made. Tron Legacy is not as unique, but still looks fantastic, and I admit I thoroughly enjoyed watching it. Tron Legacy looks cool and has a great soundtrack, and that's all that matters. Both movies masque their banally simplistic storylines with overly complicated pseudo-psychology, and neither story is worth the time to unravel. I was more impressed with how they turned back the clock on Jeff Bridges to 1989.

• moviemanwill

★★ Added by moviemanwill

Occasionally jaw-dropping beautiful with a perfect original score and literally everything else is mediocre or awful.