• Nick Howard

★★ Rewatched by Nick Howard 18 Dec, 2014

I've only seen this once before, probably in theaters. And I remember being as underwhelmed as I was this time. Wish a great, underused, cast and a plot that has been repeated over and over again.

The visuals might be interesting enough for another watch, but the story is cookie cutter and bland.

• Phil Sternwise

★★★½ Added by Phil Sternwise

A pretty good sequel, though it seems short or missing something. Perhaps scenes were cut? Almost as good as the original.

• Gxas

Rewatched by Gxas 15 Dec, 2014

Still could have been so much better.

The potential this movie had was amazing.

• joelhwa

★★★½ Watched by joelhwa 26 Apr, 2011

7/10: Has got to be one of the best sequels, if not the best! It even exceeds the original (not my fav), but I don't want to downgrade the original which is a landmark film ahead of its time. The special effects are just amazing!

• Adam Theeye Pittman

★★★ Added by Adam Theeye Pittman

My review -- this film is now on DVD and the profit margin is roughly $230 million. The plot is as follows [in a nutshell,] the audience meets Kevin Flynn as he is telling his son Sam which at this point is very young, about this terrific adventure he once had many, many moons ago. But before he could finish Flynn had to go to work and he could finish the story tomorrow but however tragically for Sam tomorrow never…

• lovelybubbles

★★★ Added by lovelybubbles

The lead actors were really boring but I liked almost everything else about the movie - especially Jeff Bridges.

• ChasingTheDawn

★★½ Added by ChasingTheDawn

It's colourful. Thumbs up for Olivia Wilde.

• Fredrik Fyhr

★★½ Watched by Fredrik Fyhr 01 Dec, 2014

We are being teased with traces of an interesting film for quite some time in TRON: LEGACY, but at the end of the day it's just another severely underdeveloped and bland fantasy adventure film. Also, like the original, it suffers from the simple fact that colored, symmetrically shaped squares and lines just aren't that entertaining or fascinating.

EDIT: Though kudos to Jeff Bridges for essentially doing three parts. That's quite an acting work-out.

• Mathias Axberg

★★ Watched by Mathias Axberg 27 Nov, 2014

Yay:

+ Looks and sounds great.

Nay:

- Some of the dialogue and exposition is just cringeworthy. A lot of stuff sounds like it's written for 10-year olds (who am I kidding, it is), yet many of the mechanics/rules/motivations of the digital world remain convoluted.

- Clu's plastic young-Jeff-Bridges face is terrifying.

• Jeff B

★★ Watched by Jeff B 27 Nov, 2014

It's nonsense. Really cool score, though.

• MovieMan23

★★½ Added by MovieMan23

A fair sequel that has the same flaws as the first.

• Diz Hooper

★★★★★ Watched by Diz Hooper 25 Nov, 2014

One of my favorite films. I have fond memories of the original Tron, so I was excited to see world of the Grid portrayed with modern graphics. The story of a son looking to connect with his father also appealed to me. This is one that I don't mind watching again and again.