• MovieMan23

★★½ Added by MovieMan23

A fair sequel that has the same flaws as the first.

• Diz Hooper

★★★★★ Watched by Diz Hooper 25 Nov, 2014

One of my favorite films. I have fond memories of the original Tron, so I was excited to see world of the Grid portrayed with modern graphics. The story of a son looking to connect with his father also appealed to me. This is one that I don't mind watching again and again.

• Chris Vallée

★★★★½ Rewatched by Chris Vallée 21 Nov, 2014

I adore this film. It is the perfect modernization of the ideas set forth in the first instalment that utilizes the technological advancements of the 21st century to full advantage in both its visual representation as well as its plot. Although this sleek and stylized cyber-punk revitalization of the grid looses some of the absurd brilliance of the original visuals, the stark contrast in budget and production value actually makes perfect sense within the context of a story. It is perhaps the most beautiful interpretation of a science fiction dystopia that I have ever witnessed in a movie.

• Matthew Wooldridge

★★★½ Watched by Matthew Wooldridge 23 Dec, 2010

I thought this movie was a lot of fun. Okay, I may have begun falling asleep in the quiet middle act, but that was more because I am somewhat sleep deprived of late, with an average of 5.5 hours sleep every night, and the comfortable chairs didn't help. But at least the characters weren't talking about dreams and falling to sleep like in INCEPTION, which sent me to dreamland repeatedly. I read Harry Knowles' review for that movie and the…

• Adrian Zachow

★★★ Watched by Adrian Zachow 13 Mar, 2011

Visually hypnotic, with an atmospheric Daft Punk score that is perfect. The story is paperthin and the characters generally unappealing, however, but this is one of those movies where the visual and aural experience carries it. Imagine going on a Disney theme park ride and complaining it didn't have a good story. This film is a bit like that.

• Joseph B

★★★★½ Added by Joseph B

A post-punk electro design style mixed fashionably into a revolving world of neon colored suits, sterile Kubrickian sets and a multi-layered 3D world that continually fascinates. But all these dynamic visuals wouldn't be more than candy coloring if it weren't for the performances of Jeff Bridges, Olivia Wilde, Garrett Hedlund and (especially) Martin Sheen providing a beating heart underneath the technological effects. This is Disney yes, but "Tron: Legacy" maintains a perverse streak in the way the camera frames Wilde…

• James Healey

★★★½ Watched by James Healey 17 Apr, 2014

Beginning and (almost) very end weren't great, but the middle was pretty good. Also, Daft Punk soundtrack :)

• Matthew Picus

★★★★ Rewatched by Matthew Picus 26 Oct, 2014

"The Grid. A digital frontier. I tried to picture clusters of information as they move through the computer. What did they look like? Ships? Motorcycles? Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I'd never see. And then, one day, I got in." -Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges). This visual stunner and action drama, and sequel to the 1982 Tron is sure to thrill almost anybody who sees it.
    When Kevin Flynn, CEO of ENCOM, gets…

• Mareks Smilga

★★★½ Watched by Mareks Smilga 22 Jan, 2011

Hipnotizējošas krāsas un hipnotizējoša mūzika, taču vienmuļš stāsts. Spilgtie elementi nespēj nomākt vispārēju garlaicību.

• Jonathan Paula

★★★★ Watched by Jonathan Paula 17 Dec, 2010

This long-awaited sequel to the sci-fi action classic from 1982 picks up where the original left off; computer programmer, and ENCOM CEO Kevin Flynn, played by a young, computer-generated Jeff Bridges regales his six-year-old-son, Sam, with tales of his adventures inside the computer grid, which we're familiar with from the first movie. But then Kevin goes missing for 21 years, and the story follows Sam, now a defiant 27-year-old motorcycling programmer in his own right (played by Garrett Hedlund), in…

• Nathan Sizemore

★★★★★ Rewatched by Nathan Sizemore 11 Oct, 2014

This continues to be one of my kids' favorite movies to watch. And it continues to grow and grow on me. Jeff Bridges' hippy vibe in the midst of a sleek, futuristic world is so much fun. It's also heavily cerebral in a way that outstrips most other current sci-fi. I love that Bridges' nemesis is an ageless, younger version of himself who can't mature out of his wrong assumptions about the world and what's important.

91/100

• ndoane

★★★★ Rewatched by ndoane 12 Oct, 2014

This movie is like glorious comfort food. I get sucked into every visual and the soundtrack every time.