• frank_serpico

★★ Watched by frank_serpico 01 Aug, 2011

You gotta be kidding me!! Mat Damon doing a WESTERN? A Texas Ranger???

• Rti03

★★★★ Rewatched by Rti03 23 Aug, 2014

"You must pay for everything in this world, one way and another. There is nothing free except the grace of God."
    -Mattie Ross

Another add to my Coen Brothers retrospective. This time, it was time to re-watch 2010 hit True Grit, a picture that i haven't seen probably since it's release. This was a film that i remembered pretty clearly even though i hadn't watched it in years, i remember having liked it a lot and with that in my…

• mijagi

★★★★ Rewatched by mijagi 23 Jul, 2014

The Coen brothers remake of this classic western takes more directly from the original novel than the 1969 John Wayne film. I think this was the right thing to do, giving this remake a fresh and different tone and feel. The plot is much the same; a young girl hires a US Marshall to track and apprehend her father's killer. They are joined by a Texas Ranger, played here by Matt Damon with impressive sideburns. I like Jeff Daniels as…

• Diego Garrido

½ Added by Diego Garrido

¿Quién podría decir que con esos actores y esos directores saldría esta infumable película?

• Michael

★★★★½ Watched by Michael 02 Jan, 2011

Gritty, believable, quirky, funny, dark, bitter. Across-the-board great performances. As with so many Cohen Brothers movies, the ending just isn't quite there - this one's a lot closer than most, though.

• MatthewLB

★★★★ Watched by MatthewLB 11 Aug, 2014

The Coen brothers did it again.

• Chris Ward

★★★★ Watched by Chris Ward 04 Aug, 2014

Not quite the film I thought it was going to be, I still enjoyed True Grit, especially the performance from Jeff Bridges.

• Dexter Reid

★★★★★ Watched by Dexter Reid 08 Aug, 2014

An absolutely amazing western from absolutely amazing directors.

• Funnyguy

★★★★½ Watched by Funnyguy 08 Aug, 2014

The premise in the original is good, and even though it succeeded in making an ok western atmosphere, it was still very weakly made. In the Coen-brothers however, the premise was positively built on, and it succeeded in telling the story because of its excellent narrative. The performances were also way better than in the original, especially from the 14 year old girl which was way better than the girl in the original. Jeff Bridges did also pull off a…

• moviemanwill

★★★★½ Added by moviemanwill

Django What?

• TheRantAsArt

★★★★★ Rewatched by TheRantAsArt 03 Aug, 2014

After multiple viewings I've been unable to find any discernible flaws in this film. Bravo, Coen Brothers!

• Lee Towler

★★★★ Rewatched by Lee Towler 31 Jul, 2014

Seldom does a remake ever surpass the original, especially in the case of an kind-of-classic film like 1969's True Grit. The Coen's 2010 remake of True Grit is a hell of a lot better though.

Jeff Bridges is an actor that a good amount of the time usually just plays himself, and after his performance here he seems to be doing the snarly, grumbly cowboy personality quite a bit more (such as in R.I.P.D.). The difference between him doing it…