• Callum Hofler

★★★ Watched by Callum Hofler 19 Dec, 2014

People do not give it credence that a young girl could leave home and go off in the wintertime to avenge her father's blood. But it did happen.

True Grit is a flawed yet highly entertaining piece of cinema, written and directed by the impressive hands of Ethan and Joel Coen. It's a Western with a straight-forwardness which will confuse many; it doesn't seek to provide much commentary or cyncism. It wishes to tell its story with its heartfelt poignancy…

• Estácio Silva

★★★★½ Watched by Estácio Silva 27 Nov, 2014

A BELEZA DE UM ROTEIRO

Que coisa linda! Enfim me encontrei com os irmãos Coen de maneira muito positiva. Na verdade, preciso me conformar que em seus filmes não existem heróis perfeitos.

O filme tem pulso, bela fotografia e um consistente roteiro em que o desnecessário simplesmente não existe. As frases são corretas, todas as palavras ali precisavam estar ali. Isso não é tarefa fácil, mas eles conseguiram.

A cavalgada e as últimas cenas ao som do piano são lindas…

• feedingbrett

★★★★ Rewatched by feedingbrett 16 Dec, 2014 2

Review In A Nutshell:

It is rare for a film that was previously cherished to lose some of its affection, as usually I am the type who finds the beauty of those that was previously misunderstood. True Grit in my eyes before was a near perfect film, but I think I felt that way during the time because of my then limited knowledge of the Western genre and usually the first few films that one sees from the genre would…

• joelhwa

★★½ Watched by joelhwa 05 Jan, 2011

5/10: Not among Coen brothers' best - chemistry is lacking between the protagonists. Was expecting more. Don't expect lots of gun-slinging action, but rather a dialogue-driven film. Newcomer Hailee Steinfeld is a revelation as she out-shined both Jeff Bridges and Matt Damon.

• Connor

★★★★½ Added by Connor

Better than the original.

• ChasingTheDawn

★½ Added by ChasingTheDawn

Found it overall boring. Acting was a bit funky too.

• Matt Wooldridge

★★★ Watched by Matt Wooldridge 11 Jun, 2011

This a very straightforward revenge flick, but expertly made by the Coens and with its western environment, refreshing.

It must have been a great twelve months for Jeff Bridges to go from winning the Oscar to having not one but two $170M-making movies at Christmas the same year - TRON: LEGACY and this. What a ride. He deserves his success. The performance in TRON was great, and as always you can never fault this guy. He has a presence that…

• salpi

★★★½ Added by salpi

good

View

• Sam

★★★★ Added by Sam

I hope Hailee Steinfeld gets another role she can be this amazing in.

• thecabelguy

★★★★ Added by thecabelguy

True Grit is fresh new spin on a western classic and a wildly entertaining film on its own. With two incredible performances by Jeff Bridges and Matt Damon, it might actually a greater film than the original.

• MovieMan23

★★★½ Added by MovieMan23

Entertaining western drama about revenge and justice.

• Daniel Escaners

★★★½ Watched by Daniel Escaners 23 Nov, 2014

Bastante buena. De las que he visto de los Coen, la que más me ha entretenido y gustado. Esas conversaciones entre los personajes son geniales, al igual que la enorme química entre los actores. Y bueno, la dirección de los hermanos es destacable. Una historia sencilla que funciona a las mil maravillas.