• Chris Duck

★★★★ Rewatched by Chris Duck 17 Apr, 2015

"Well, officer. . . . we've had a doozy of a day."

• Keelee von Cupcake

★★★★★ Watched by Keelee von Cupcake 01 Oct, 2011

I just love this film SO MUCH. Even Jeremiah, who kindly took me to see it theatrically at my beloved Inwood, said it was delightful, and he basically hates horror movies.

My original review: What a fantastic, darkly comic delight~! If this is playing near you, GO SEE IT. Tucker & Dale are the most hilarious, sweet, lovable hillbillies ever. <3 If only those damn college kids would stop killing themselves all over their property...

• AustinHiggins

★★★½ Watched by AustinHiggins 08 Apr, 2015

An an extremely entertaining horror/comedy that benefits from being seen with a large group. I can't believe it took me so long to check this film. Alan Tudyk is the standout her for me, but Tyler Labine is great as well.

• Zé Walderico

★★★★ Added by Zé Walderico

É idiota, mas não vou mentir que é engraçado os mals entendidos que ocorrem durante todo o filme.

• originaltylerd

★★★½ Watched by originaltylerd 29 Mar, 2015

One of the best blends of horror and comedy I've seen in a while (basically does for slasher films what Zombieland did for zombie films). Plenty of laughs, clever dialogue, and the story of Tucker and Dale's serious misfortune is told in a unique way.

• Jakub Flasz

★★★★½ Watched by Jakub Flasz 27 Mar, 2015

I don't think I've seen any film have this much fun playing with clichés and genre tropes all the while winking at me furiously since "Scream"... And yes, I have seen "The cabin in the woods" and hated every minute of it.

"Tucker and Dale vs evil" is an earnest piece of comedy at the expense of horror, which nonetheless remains honest to the genre it's spoofing. It's fun, full of witty dialogue, quite violent and it clearly shows that the people who made it don't have a single cynical bone in their bodies.

• jadecanard

★★★ Added by jadecanard

A friend convinced our group to watch this, though we were dubious about the choice. It was actually fun!

• Jamie Rogers

★★★★ Added by Jamie Rogers

A refreshingly fun horror comedy. The leads are likable and funny and the story is fresh and original.

• Joachim Andersson

★★★★ Rewatched by Joachim Andersson 24 Mar, 2015

One out of three jokes here aren't really that funny but when the leads are so damn likable and the sendup of the genre is so goodspirited you can't really do anything else than love it.

• Jemma

★★★★ Added by Jemma

A clever take on horror films and their villains.

• Chris Lay

★★★½ Watched by Chris Lay 22 Mar, 2015

CABIN IN THE WOODS is the thinking man's TUCKER AND DALE VS EVIL, and I don't mean that as an insult to T&DvE.

• Michael Bihari

★★★★ Watched by Michael Bihari 20 Mar, 2015

Looking at the name and poster, this is a film that I probably would not choose to watch. Thankfully, I read the Letterboxd comments and had a great time. What a hoot! Funny and very clever.