• Kyle Rogers

★★★ Added by Kyle Rogers

Tucker and Dale Vs Evil is an undeniably clever but equally ridiculous parody of slasher film cliches. I mean I get that it has it's message but there's a lot of suspension of disbelieve required and I just don't think I have it in my system. Watch it for a laugh or two, but it just didn't quite take it's premise to the best place possible.

• Nesdy

★★★½ Watched by Nesdy 19 Jul, 2014

This movie is hilarious. I loved every second of it.

• InJest

★★★½ Added by InJest

I'd seen a lot of shitty horror comedies on the tailend of the '00s, so I wasn't expecting much. Bringing up horror movie cliches had become a cliche in its own right, especially with semi-serious entries like Scream replicating indefinitely at the time.

However, Tucker and Dale was definitely a pleasant surprise with solid sight gags and decent production value for a movie that got less marketing than most Scary Movie sequels. Goofy, breezy fare with likable performances and a bare-bones story that goes down easy.

• Ellis

Added by Ellis

this is where i devised a new rule: if a comedy does not make me laugh within the first 30 minutes 1 time then i turn it off

• The Ron

★★★½ Rewatched by The Ron 16 Jul, 2014

Part of my Re-watch Wednesday project

"Oh hidy ho officer, we've had a doozy of a day. There we were minding our own business, just doing chores around the house, when kids started killing themselves all over my property."
    -Tucker

Tucker and Dale vs Evil is one of my favorite horror/comedies and it holds up pretty well on a re-watch.

• Jack Gaffney

★★★★ Watched by Jack Gaffney 14 Jul, 2014

"Tucker and Dale vs. Evil" is one of the most fun and funniest movies I've ever seen. It's a spoof movie, but it's a smart spoof movie. It has characters, real jokes, well balanced direction, and an original story line. The jokes were consistently hilarious, thanks to the incredibly well rounded script. The message of the film was "that looks may look deceiving", but the way the film was handled made it not preachy at all. I also liked the…

• Lobezno Estepario

★★★★ Watched by Lobezno Estepario 24 Oct, 2012

Descacharrante "paleto survival comedy", sin ínfulas como otras.

• John

★★★½ Watched by John 21 Apr, 2014

Really funny and pretty gory, but the gore is all extremely fake-looking, which is nice. A fun premise that turns slasher movies on its head, and some really likable characters that are really easy to root for. The humor is fantastic, and it's all played really straight. Apparently they're making a sequel... I'm not sure what the heck they're gonna do for it, but at the very least, this movie was a great time, and a the best horror-comedy since Shaun of the Dead (but obviously not quite as good).

• Stephanie

★★★½ Rewatched by Stephanie 05 Jul, 2014

Oh, hi-de ho-officer. We've had a DOOZY of a day...

• Michael Offerosky

★★★★½ Rewatched by Michael Offerosky 01 Jul, 2014

Eli Craig's TUCKER AND DALE VS EVIL is one of the most original horror send ups in years. These two good ol' boys, Tucker (Alan Tudyk) and Dale (Tyler Labine), go off to their summer cabin. The cabin is a rundown ramshackle shack they plan on doing some renovation work. Meanwhile, there's a group of college kids who are camping out and having a good old time. The kids cross paths with "hillbillies" Tucker and Dale a couple times. One…

• Ian Buckwalter