• Reece Broughton

★★★½ Watched by Reece Broughton 06 Mar, 2015

"I should have known that if a guy like me talked to a girl like you, somebody would end up dead" - Dale

In an attempt to break the 'hillbilly in the woods' horror convention, this does a good job at throwing things on its head. The film never truly feels 'scary' but rather has an ever-underlying humorous tone to it.

It works is what i'm saying. The film is clearly in place to provoke humorous responses from audiences and…

• William O. Tyler

★★★½ Rewatched by William O. Tyler 06 Oct, 2014

Don’t judge a book by its cover, or in this case, a movie by its Blu-ray cover. At first glance, it seems that Tucker and Dale vs. Evil would be a waste of time, but it turns out to actually be a fun romp of a comedy that flips the horror stereotype on its head. Alan Tudyk and Tyler Labine play two kind hearted southern gentlemen, Tucker and Dale respectfully, who just can’t catch a break. While on their way…

• Andrew Bruce

★★★★ Watched by Andrew Bruce 26 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Tucker and Dale vs Evil is a very unique horror movie. It turns the typical evil redneck from insidious to insanely charming. Yes, it is very violent. But at the same time its strangely heart warming and funny. Tucker and Dale are as harmless as can be. This movie is definitely not what you would classify as "horror." There are little jump scares, or scares in general. Its definitely more of a black-as-night-comedy. Even when the college students are getting…

• Alexandra Bohannon

★★★½ Watched by Alexandra Bohannon 28 Feb, 2015

More like 3.75 but that's impossible on here.

• Rick DeSantis

★★★★★ Rewatched by Rick DeSantis 01 Mar, 2015

One of my favorite horror comedies. Loads of gore but enough comedy to keep even non-horror fans interested. Tyler Labine and Alan Tudyk are a great team and Katrina Bowden plays off them nicely.

• Daniel Henderson

★★★ Watched by Daniel Henderson 24 Feb, 2015

This was a surprisingly funny movie taking a look at the side of the 2 ‘rednecks’ in a spoof comedy/horror where they are mistakenly identified as murderous backwards hillbillies by a bunch of teenagers who have heard too many stories and watched too many movies. The way these kids end up accidentally killing themselves off throughout the movie and it always ends up looking like a hillbilly murder is really great. The jokes right on point and the clichés within…

• Arthur Gordon

★★★½ Rewatched by Arthur Gordon 24 Feb, 2015

Great subversion of hillbilly horror. It's a lot of fun and overcomes its budgetary restraints. It's a good time with friends or to just kill time.

• Jeremy Sheffield

★★★★ Watched by Jeremy Sheffield 23 Feb, 2015

I laughed out loud and I watched it alone. I love it when someone puts a twist on a tired story. Great movie and a lot of fun to watch.

• Chase Eiland

★★★★ Watched by Chase Eiland 18 Oct, 2014

A clever comedic twist on the slasher movie formula with great acting by the leads.

• Joe

★★★½ Rewatched by Joe 21 Feb, 2015

A comedy of misunderstandings and cliche's. The lead performances are hilarious enough to warrant a weekly variety hour to. The script is a little first draft throughout most of it sadly and they couldn't have found a more unlikable supporting cast. Still can't beat that concept though. Watch with friends.

• James Ness

★★★★ Watched by James Ness 22 Feb, 2015

Not at all what I expected. Fun little movie.

• Robert Rubinate

★★★★½ Watched by Robert Rubinate 18 Feb, 2015

This movie is right up my alley: Gore drenched, comedy in which a couple of misunderstood hillbillies unknowingly lead a group of college kids to their deaths in grisly yet hilarious ways. Very, very funny can't recommend this enough.