• Jakub Flasz

★★★★½ Watched by Jakub Flasz 27 Mar, 2015

I don't think I've seen any film have this much fun playing with clichés and genre tropes all the while winking at me furiously since "Scream"... And yes, I have seen "The cabin in the woods" and hated every minute of it.

"Tucker and Dale vs evil" is an earnest piece of comedy at the expense of horror, which nonetheless remains honest to the genre it's spoofing. It's fun, full of witty dialogue, quite violent and it clearly shows that the people who made it don't have a single cynical bone in their bodies.

• jadecanard

★★★ Added by jadecanard

A friend convinced our group to watch this, though we were dubious about the choice. It was actually fun!

• Jamie Rogers

★★★★ Added by Jamie Rogers

A refreshingly fun horror comedy. The leads are likable and funny and the story is fresh and original.

• Joachim Andersson

★★★★ Rewatched by Joachim Andersson 24 Mar, 2015

One out of three jokes here aren't really that funny but when the leads are so damn likable and the sendup of the genre is so goodspirited you can't really do anything else than love it.

• Jemma

★★★★ Added by Jemma

A clever take on horror films and their villains.

• Chris Lay

★★★½ Watched by Chris Lay 22 Mar, 2015

CABIN IN THE WOODS is the thinking man's TUCKER AND DALE VS EVIL, and I don't mean that as an insult to T&DvE.

• Michael Bihari

★★★★ Watched by Michael Bihari 20 Mar, 2015

Looking at the name and poster, this is a film that I probably would not choose to watch. Thankfully, I read the Letterboxd comments and had a great time. What a hoot! Funny and very clever.

• alexmalai

★★★½ Watched by alexmalai 20 Mar, 2015

Una película fresca y original que se descojona directamente en las repetitivas películas de terror en las que hay unos adolescentes, una cabaña y un asesino. La casualidad lidera las escenas de este film, y aunque a veces las situaciones sean demasiado forzadas, no se siente esto realmente. Podemos verla y disfrutar de ella, pasando por alto alguna que otra cosilla puntual.

• Cobrajet

★★★ Added by Cobrajet

Totally ridiculous, but in a fun sort of way.

• Elliot Fane

★★★½ Watched by Elliot Fane 14 Mar, 2015

A great homage to cheesy slasher films! Much more satirical than joke-based, which I wish there was more of a balance of, but still funny!

• Dalton Stuart