• dbcooper7

★★★ Watched by dbcooper7 05 Oct, 2015

"Chad. It's true. You're part hillbilly." -- Allison

Nice reverse twist on the horror slasher genre. Not as many jokes as I expected --I only laughed hard once--, but it was still a clever movie. And Katrina Bowden is soooo delicious to look at which made checking out this movie a worthy venture for me.

• jurden

★★½ Watched by jurden 07 Oct, 2015

EASY comedy with smart point of view

• Nik

★★★ Watched by Nik 05 Oct, 2015

Funny concept stretched out a wee bit too long.

I was also a bit disappointed by the "nice guy saves the day and wins the girl" narrative. I felt the filmmakers should have poked a few holes in this tired trope to be truly subversive.

• lonestarr357

★★★½ Rewatched by lonestarr357 05 Oct, 2015

Hillbilly pals Tucker (Alan Tudyk) and Dale (Tyler Labine) just want to spend a relaxing vacation in Tucker's cabin. Unfortunately, some overly presumptuous college kids spoil their good time. A fairly clever conceit, reversing the character roles in your typical slasher movie. Labine and Tudyk are quite engaging in their roles.

• Sarah Z

★★★★ Watched by Sarah Z 04 Oct, 2015

Near masterpiece with a tinge of Nice Guy Bullshit. Luckily Tyler Labine is adorable so I almost didn't notice.

• Mr. DuLac

★★★★ Rewatched by Mr. DuLac 03 Oct, 2015 2

He's heavy for half a guy.

Already reviewed this on LB at this link. This occasion was used to introduce my step-daughter to the film and of course she loved it. I need to make a list of the horror films she's seen while there's still a chance to jot them all down.

Part of:
    Horroctober V: DuLac Has Risen from the Grave

• ceilinglampfilm

★★★★ Watched by ceilinglampfilm 03 Oct, 2015

"Oh hidy ho officer, we've had a doozy of a day. There we were minding our own business, just doing chores around the house, when kids started killing themselves all over my property."

• Caomh

★★★½ Watched by Caomh 03 Oct, 2015

2 of Hoope Tober 2015

This Quite an usual film, taking a different turn in terms of narrative for a horror film, its also quite hilarious.

The Story follows to hillbillies who get mistaken by a bunch of college student campers as deranged redneck killers after they save one of the college students. chaos ensues and its very funny. It ain't your typical rural cabin in the woods horror film, its masterfully shot and fairly well acted.

with solid plot…

• tikishirts

★★½ Watched by tikishirts 02 Oct, 2015

Meh. This was a bit overhyped for me, and I guess I didn't enjoy this as much as others did because the twist was spoiled beforehand for me. It got pretty predictable in the second half and the ending was just dumb.
    I wish Netflix had a better horror selection.

• Kyle Warner

★★★★ Rewatched by Kyle Warner 02 Oct, 2015

31 Days of Horror 2015: Movie #2 TUCKER AND DALE VS. EVIL

Here’s a good horror comedy. Taking a riff on the Southern subgenre of slasher horror films –stuff like Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Wrong Turn, and Deliverance – Tucker and Dale vs. Evil attacks genre and society clichés, supplying plenty of laughs in the process. The film is about good natured hillbillies Tucker and Dale who are heading to the woods to fix up their vacation home (which looks a…

• MitchF

★★★½ Watched by MitchF 28 Sep, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

A fun horror movie. Tucker and Dale are redneck best friends who go to his newly bought cabin. On the way, they run into a carload of college kids who are going camping. Tucker finds Allison and after Dale gives him a pep talk, he tries to ask her out. He ends up creeping she and her friends instead. Later that night, Tucker and Dale go fishing and save Allie from drowning after they scare her and she hits her…

• Megs

★★★★½ Watched by Megs 02 Oct, 2015

I can't even put into words how much I loved this movie!