• James Haves

★★★★ Watched by James Haves 20 Aug, 2014

Tucker and Dale vs. Evil is much more clever than it first appears. I was expecting a ridiculous redneck gore-hound movie, but what I got was actually a surprisingly subtle and heartfelt subversion of the killer hillbilly genre.

The misunderstandings that drive the film's bonkers plot are very well thought out, and made me laugh out loud on numerous occasions, just at how batshit crazy they were.

My main issue is that a surprising amount of the film is played…

• Si Sharp

★★★½ Rewatched by Si Sharp 18 Aug, 2014 2

Really fun and inventive comedy-horror that charms with its appreciation of genre, lovely leads and genuine laughs.

Not sure if the premise quite stretches over the whole running time, but it's impossible not be taken along for the ride.

• Daniel Brown

★★★½ Watched by Daniel Brown 16 Aug, 2014

Great horror slasher which provided me with a lot of enjoyment.

Part of Film 4's frightfest season, I took the chance to finally see this comedy horror. What drew me to it the most was Alan Tudyk, I really enjoy the characters he plays and like most love his perception of wash in Firefly. Here it's no different for the film turns the famous hill-billy cliché of horror films on it's head, cleverly perceiving them as unlikely heroes. Despite this…

• ZapperLife

★★★½ Rewatched by ZapperLife 18 Aug, 2014

Last time around... and Tucker and Dale is just as enjoyable to spend time with this time as well.

Much credit goes to Tyler Labine and Alan 'Leaf on the Wind' Tudyk for that. Their heartwarming buddy hillbillies are what makes this movie, but writer-director Eli Craig and co-writer Morgan Jurgenson also deserves much praise for their fresh take playing with horror-tropes.

Loses steam towards the end, but that can't erase the good impression it has made on its way…

• mook

★★★½ Rewatched by mook 16 Aug, 2014 2

A comedy with a fun twist on the Hillbilly Horror tropes.

It's one for horror fans, with clear references to films such as 'The Texas Chain Saw Massacre' and 'Friday the 13th: A New Beginning' as well as highlighting how silly some of the standard events/actions that we take for granted in Horror films actually are.

It's a one joke film but it's helped by it's two lead actors and some good gory kills. There's some funny lines, an appropriate backstory and a sneaky understated ending... 7/10.

• Ray Mairlot

★★★★ Watched by Ray Mairlot 17 Aug, 2014

So surprisingly brilliant.

If you've watched any of those "American teens go for a holiday in a deserted log cabin" type of films then you'll love this. Not because it's the same as them, but because it does such an original take on them.

Haven't watched such a funny film in a long time.

• Goodwin

★★★ Watched by Goodwin 11 Aug, 2014

Enjoyable and occasionally quit funny horror satire is pitched just about perfectly, hitting and lampooning all the standard beats of the genre in a tight hour and a half.

• MatthewLB

★★★★★ Watched by MatthewLB 09 Aug, 2014

Two easy-going West Virginian hillbillies looking to enjoy a weekend getaway at their run-down cabin meet a group of preppy college kids who assume they are chainsaw-wielding, inbred monsters and get into a hilarious, bloody confrontation. This movie works on Comedy and writing because this movie is the funniest movie that I ever seen in my life and that is a fact.

• Matt VC

★★★½ Added by Matt VC

Cheesy romp mining all the stereotypes, bungling and otherwise, and turning them a bit on their hand. Good rainy day fare.

• coolihoma

★★★ Watched by coolihoma 03 Aug, 2014

Watched this on a whim this morning and loved it. The manner in which the 'cabin in the woods,' 'horny college kids' and 'deranged psycho' horror tropes are turned on their heads is not only clever, it's quite original (or at least original to me). The redneck kinsmanship between Tucker and Dale and the eventual soft chemistry between Dale and Allie really make it a better movie that I otherwise expected.

More interestingly, it doesn't get to cute - although…

• Jesse

★★★★ Added by Jesse

This movie is a lot of fun. I like how they make fun of how typically dumb teenagers are in horror movies and the role reversal was a nice touch.

• Raivis Šveicars

★★★★½ Rewatched by Raivis Šveicars 28 Jul, 2014

Joprojām labākā parodija, kuru nemaz negribētos par tādu dēvēt, ko es esmu redzējis. Un droši vien arī vienīgā, kura man patiešām patīk.

Spēju novērtēt to, ka ne mirkli nejūtu, ka filma būtu veidota kā parodija ar mūžam parodijām tik raksturīgo uzspēlēto humoru uz pilnīgi anāli debiliem idiotismiem. Ļoti labi nostrādāts darbs ar lieliski integrētu ironiju par citām horror žanra filmām