• Danny Farrington

★★★★★ Added by Danny Farrington

Such a fantastic film! Flipping the antagonist/protagonist stereotype around, Tucker and Dale provide heaps of laugh-out-loud entertainment throughout.

• mo_shack

★★★ Rewatched by mo_shack 24 Aug, 2015

" Oh hidy ho officer, we've had a doozy of a day. There we were minding our own business, just doing chores around the house, when kids started killing themselves all over my property."

Tucker and Dale vs Evil pays loving homage to classic and contemporary slasher teen horror films while simultaneously finding ways to be genuinely funny and original.

• Kriss Tolliday

★★★ Watched by Kriss Tolliday 21 Aug, 2015

In an era where the movie parody has peaked and plummeted, Tucker & Dale Vs. Evil brings a freshness to a growing stale genre. The movie takes the typical horror franchise cliches and spices things up by adding several layers of comedy with highly likeable characters and an absurd twist on the thought processes of the protagonist and antagonists. It boasts fun scenes and interesting set pieces that make for an enjoyable film that has it's tongue firmly placed in cheek.…

• Charlie Fox

★★★★½ Watched by Charlie Fox 24 Aug, 2015

Scavenger Hunt 5 Film #8

Task #27 A Movie less than 90 minutes

letterboxd.com/charliefox/list/scavenger-hunt-5/

This horror comedy is wildly entertaining, funny and exciting but the characters are also surprisingly well written and balanced. I'd recommend this to any fan of Evil Dead.

• Matias Dahlbäck

★★ Watched by Matias Dahlbäck 22 Aug, 2015

I guess it referenced more horror tropes than I'm aware of.

The good
    + Funny premise and lightheartedly executed.

The bad
    - It is, in the end, a one-joke movie.

• Neil Hill

★★★½ Watched by Neil Hill 12 Aug, 2015

Watched this on the basis of it being in Film4's 'The 50 best Horror films of the 21st Century' and I hadn't seen it.

It's not horror, per-se - at no point was I scared - but it's great. It's daft, and it's funny and it knows it.

• RickyHaze

★★★★ Added by RickyHaze

Very original, very funny and very entertaining.

• robthefilmgeek

★★★½ Added by robthefilmgeek

This is exactly how a comedy-horror should be. Delivering both on the laughs and the thrills (I didn't want to say scares because it's so rare that a horror would scare me).

Tucker (Alan Tudyk) and Dale (Tyler Labine) are two hillbilly brothers who heading to their new vacation home (an old cabin in the woods) to fix it up, drink beer, fish and have a good time. When they run into a group of college kids who assume from…

• MogulsReview

★★★½ Added by MogulsReview

Great start. I felt the humour dissipated a bit from the middle onwards though.

Some excellent horror spots, with comedy intertwined. The absolute best is the beehive and the chainsaw... Very funny.

• Emmett Foss

★★★½ Watched by Emmett Foss 16 Aug, 2015

Liked it about as much as I thought I would. Some pretty good laughs.

• Colin Rinehart

★★★½ Watched by Colin Rinehart 17 Aug, 2015

For one reason or another I had it in my head that this film was going to be a disappointment. I don't know if it was a negative review or something I read a long time ago, but despite some good buzz in the horror community I wasn't dying to see this. I felt like something a bit silly with a teenagers-in-the-woods horror theme so this fit the bill, and boy was it a pleasant surprise. The subverting of your…

• Kelly McRae

★★★★ Watched by Kelly McRae 13 Aug, 2015

The Firefly reference... its still too soon... way too soon.