• joanne myers

★★★★ Watched by joanne myers 18 Oct, 2014

Kiefer Sutherland as narrator was fantastic (not quite Morgan Freeman but then no one compares). The whole film had a Sin City feel for me, but obviously without the stunning visuals, the way the stories intertwined and separated. The acting, from a group of seemingly unknown actors, was actually rather good. I went into this film expecting to turn it off after about half an hour, but there was something making me keep watching. I think it must have been…

• Joe DiCanio

★★★★ Rewatched by Joe DiCanio 28 Aug, 2014

Rating: B+

• Joe DiCanio

★★★★½ Watched by Joe DiCanio 07 Oct, 2011

Rating: A-

• Jay-r Trinidad

Watched by Jay-r Trinidad 15 Aug, 2014

i enjoyed my toothache more than watching this awful film.

good thing i crush emma roberts. but that's about it.

• TheCincyKid

★★★½ Added by TheCincyKid

Surprisingly involving and sufficient in surprise and imagination, I found myself baffled by all the lashing it got from nearly every critic under the sun. I suppose it's hard to get into a party film when it's serious and when it's about the spoiled young rich elite of Manhattan, and very hard to get into post-Guy Ritchie narration-driven ensemble films, but if you can give it a chance to go the first round of exposition, I assure you it'll suck you in.

• Gonçalo

★½ Watched by Gonçalo 04 Apr, 2014

An example of bad narrative: the movie tries too hard to connect stories that really don't have any real connection.

• JPC

★★★ Watched by JPC 21 Mar, 2014

Schumacher no sé cómo lo has hecho, pero entretenido me has tenido y hasta que no ha acabado la peli ni me he dado cuenta de lo intrascendente y olvidable que es.

• Eterno

★½ Added by Eterno

Flojilla aunque podía haber sido una buena película de haberse realizado mejor.. El reparto bien con lo que hay.

• Polo

★★ Watched by Polo 27 Feb, 2014

Le film commence plutôt pas mal en traitant une galerie de personnages de l'Upper East Side, leurs relations, ...

C'est juste qu'à partir d'un moment le film part dans toutes les directions sans trop savoir où il va (on ne parle quasi pas de la nouvelle drogue twelve - on dirait de l'héroine -, que devient hunter ?, ...)

Cela reste un film pour passer le temps avec quelques bons moments (le frère psychotique, des petites bichettes, ...) mais il y avait moyen de faire clairement mieux avec le postulat de base.

• Nicolas

½ Added by Nicolas

CAPSULE REVIEW

Brace for the mere existence of ​​a demanding film by trashy and kitschy Joel Schumacher. Like most of Schumacher's movies is "Twelve" merely a hypocritically moralistic and exploitative crime drama with flair, a lazy excuse to wallow in salacious themes and concepts with the clumsiest hands imaginable. But with the unbridled spicy content at his disposal here he makes a weirdly boring and cloying feature with no pathos.

• Rhea Paclibar

★★★★ Watched by Rhea Paclibar 04 Jun, 2013

I love you Chace Crawford!<3

• Chris Haydon

★★★ Watched by Chris Haydon 01 Jun, 2013

Much like M. Night Shyamalan, one day Joel Schumacher woke up and suddenly forgot how to make a decent film.

Twelve isn't very good - it offers bumbling dialogue, limply penned characters and is riddled with clichés - but for a recent Schumacher picture, its actually rather enjoyable.

Emma Roberts is a greatly likeable actress and does well with her limited role, plus the film is directed strongly for an independent film clearly made on a rush-shoot.

It's forgettable but worth a watch.