• dellamore

½ Watched by dellamore 20 Jul, 2015

What makes a man to fall so low that he makes a shitty adaptation of an quite shitty book? I thought about this more than I actually watched the movie. Trust me, don't even waste your time and if you do, at least don't watch more than twelve minutes of it.

• Guido Arteaga

★★★½ Added by Guido Arteaga

Although this movie conveys a strong message about the consequences of addiction to, as well as the casual use of drugs, the story lacks originality and its climatic ending is almost predictable at the onset of the final act. I give credit to the cast for a job well done though.

• Marna Larsen

½ Added by Marna Larsen

A 'shock' moment at the end that Kids managed so well without any over the top theatrics and which this movie failed at miserably.

• nicktday

½ Watched by nicktday 01 Apr, 2015

It lost me almost instantly and I never regained the slightest iota of interest thereafter.

Really didn't like this. Being a Joel Schumacher film I couldn't help but think every time Kiefer Sutherland's voiceover started he was about to sniper someone's ass. Sadly he did not.

• beforesunrise95

★½ Watched by beforesunrise95 17 Mar, 2015

a pretty bad adaptation..... why was 50 cent there

• Thomas Williams

★½ Added by Thomas Williams

Twelve is yet another story about over-privileged Upper East Side school kids who are senseless, careless, shallow, materialistic and dumb. What sets these kiddos apart from their counterparts on the "decent" WB television series Gossip Girl (I admit it is a guilty pleasure ... but, hello, Blake Lively and Leighton Meester!) is that most of these kids LOVE doing drugs ALL the time. When they do drugs, they are actually just thinking of the next time they'll do drugs etc.…

• Joanne Myers

★★★★ Watched by Joanne Myers 18 Oct, 2014

Kiefer Sutherland as narrator was fantastic (not quite Morgan Freeman but then no one compares). The whole film had a Sin City feel for me, but obviously without the stunning visuals, the way the stories intertwined and separated. The acting, from a group of seemingly unknown actors, was actually rather good. I went into this film expecting to turn it off after about half an hour, but there was something making me keep watching. I think it must have been…

• Joe DiCanio

★★★★ Rewatched by Joe DiCanio 28 Aug, 2014

Rating: B+

• Joe DiCanio

★★★★½ Watched by Joe DiCanio 07 Oct, 2011

Rating: A-

• Jay-r Trinidad

Watched by Jay-r Trinidad 15 Aug, 2014

i enjoyed my toothache more than watching this awful film.

good thing i crush emma roberts. but that's about it.

• TheCincyKid

★★★½ Added by TheCincyKid

Surprisingly involving and sufficient in surprise and imagination, I found myself baffled by all the lashing it got from nearly every critic under the sun. I suppose it's hard to get into a party film when it's serious and when it's about the spoiled young rich elite of Manhattan, and very hard to get into post-Guy Ritchie narration-driven ensemble films, but if you can give it a chance to go the first round of exposition, I assure you it'll suck you in.

• Gonçalo

★½ Watched by Gonçalo 04 Apr, 2014

An example of bad narrative: the movie tries too hard to connect stories that really don't have any real connection.