• MDHInHouston

★★½ Rewatched by MDHInHouston 18 Sep, 2016

When human forces discover the existence of the Vampire and Lycan clans, a war to eradicate both species commences. The vampire warrior Selene leads the battle against humankind. (IMDb)

Kate Beckinsale returns as vampire Selene in this uneven sequel which takes the story into Resident Evil territory with sub-plots about mysterious organisations etc.

The series goers wrong here by expanding the story beyond the lycan - vampire feud. The story is weak. Charles Dance pops up as a vampire elder…

• fiffy_rico

★★★½ Watched by fiffy_rico 16 Sep, 2016

I need to rewatch the first Underworld without falling asleep to be sure, but I think this fourth episode in the not-so-illustrious saga is the best of the bunch. The narrative is pretty incoherent, a feeling which isn't helped by introducing world-changing events in the opening credits. I had fun watching it, though. It's visually slick, and gory too. But only recommended if you found the others at least somewhat tolerable (yeah, high praise).

• Christian Katzorke

★★★½ Rewatched by Christian Katzorke 16 Sep, 2016

Guilty pleasure. I like it, stupid, full of action, unnecessary brutal and gory ^^

• t-hom

★★ Watched by t-hom 13 Sep, 2016

Which one is this, again? This series' entries are incredibly interchangeable and forgettable, but damnit if Beckinsale isn't an incredible actor, who holds her own as an action star. If she keeps making these, this writer will keep watching.

• B. McGee

★★½ Watched by B. McGee 13 Sep, 2016

...it's a movie, alright.

Action's slick, Beckinsale's great as ever, story's bland, didn't really leave me feeling anything.

Here's hoping that BLOOD WARS is more like the first film or EVOLUTION and not just kind of disposable.

• Alan Castree

★★★★ Rewatched by Alan Castree 04 Sep, 2016

Enjoyed this more than I should. There's some really cool happening in this movie and I'm really looking forward to part 5!!

• Jak-Luke Sharp

★★ Rewatched by Jak-Luke Sharp 10 Sep, 2016

I watched this on Region B Blu-Ray.

So I'm watching this to finish of the Underworld series until of course the 5th film is released, then most likely a 6th or a reboot straight after.

So two things really annoy me in this film, firstly the departure of Scott Speedman which I know I gave some stick to his and Beckinsale's chemistry but the film lacks continuation which brings me nicely onto my second problem. Setting the film almost 12…

• firelordazulas

★★★ Watched by firelordazulas 08 Sep, 2016

fuck that was terrible the best part was how short is was anyway i love selene i cant believe she made me gay also like hOW did i not know there was 4th underworld film until today what kind of fake fan

• Inez Mikaelson

★★½ Watched by Inez Mikaelson 26 Aug, 2016

• George Zverblis

★★★ Watched by George Zverblis 12 Aug, 2016

The dumbest in the series but tons of fun!

• DC Bolling

Added by DC Bolling

Without even watching the first three original movies in this franchise, I can tell that this is the worst so far. Underworld: Awakening consist of unoriginal action sequences, annoying flickering lights in almost every scene to make it seem scary for odd reasons, and having no story to following to not even fans perspective. Kate Beckinsale did the best she can reprising her role as Selene in the dull and bleak fourth installment.

• GoldriverMTSCBE

★★★½ Watched by GoldriverMTSCBE 25 Jul, 2016

Underworld 4... or is it 3? Was way better than number 2. It picks up where number two left off and gets you up to speed on the story. I stand by my complaints with this series. Low special effects budgets and poor lighting choices continue to plague this series. I couldn't stand the constant flashing lights in the Antigen Building. The blue lighting returns as always which is a bummer in my opinion. Since they're making a 4th... or…