• Inez Mikaelson

★★½ Watched by Inez Mikaelson 26 Aug, 2016

• George Zverblis

★★★ Watched by George Zverblis 12 Aug, 2016

The dumbest in the series but tons of fun!

• DC Bolling

Added by DC Bolling

Without even watching the first three original movies in this franchise, I can tell that this is the worst so far. Underworld: Awakening consist of unoriginal action sequences, annoying flickering lights in almost every scene to make it seem scary for odd reasons, and having no story to following to not even fans perspective. Kate Beckinsale did the best she can reprising her role as Selene in the dull and bleak fourth installment.

• GoldriverMTSCBE

★★★½ Watched by GoldriverMTSCBE 25 Jul, 2016

Underworld 4... or is it 3? Was way better than number 2. It picks up where number two left off and gets you up to speed on the story. I stand by my complaints with this series. Low special effects budgets and poor lighting choices continue to plague this series. I couldn't stand the constant flashing lights in the Antigen Building. The blue lighting returns as always which is a bummer in my opinion. Since they're making a 4th... or…

• Christie

★★★½ Watched by Christie 25 Jul, 2016

Now on the 4th film, and I heard another film in the making in 2017, the fight returns between Vampire and Lycan.
    This film is completely different from the previous three, something that this franchise always does, bring a whole new story with each film. Lots of action. The first film is still my favorite.

• TheMorningwood1

★★★ Added by TheMorningwood1

Obviously no Underworld film will ever be a danger to the Oscar crowd, but the series has been nothing if not well crafted, fun genre escapism. If you disagree there's no reason to see this one, but if you (like me) enjoyed the first three installments, Awakening is a worthy addition. I won't bother to explain the plot, as it basically continues the mythology established in the other films (Vampires, Lycans, hybrids and the battle to be the dominant species),…

• Veronica Chiu

Rewatched by Veronica Chiu 17 Jul, 2016

I liked the previous 3 Underworld movies. Everything in this one is just wrong. Plot, CGI, character development. I know I watched this one before, but had no recollection...now I know why, it was so bad that I didn't even bother to remember it.

• Gavin Bard

★★ Rewatched by Gavin Bard 13 Jul, 2016

"You're as cold as one already dead."

I just watched all four of these in a row so I don't really have the forbearance to write out a really detailed review of this one. It's definitely the worst Underworld movie, but much like how Rise of the Lycans was the best one it is really only worst by the width of a werewolf's ass hair.

This series never seemed concerned with solving any of the problems that the first one…

• Joshua Drake

★★★★ Added by Joshua Drake

When details finally came out about "Underworld: Awakening," my heart sunk a little. True, the second installment wasn't very good, and the third was a prequel, but I was still looking forward to seeing further adventures of the vampire, Selene (Kate Beckinsale). As it turns out, she's the only returning cast member. Everyone else is gone from the project, leaving her the one tie to a series (seemingly) well past its prime. "Awakening" also clocks in at under 90 minutes,…

• L3WI594

★★★★ Watched by L3WI594 07 Jul, 2016

An action packed vampire movie with tons of gore and over stylised kills. Whilst the story line in underworld awakening lacks in places and they seem to focused on setting up the ending. You can kind of forgive it as Kate beckinsale in tight leather pants and non stop action make underworld awakening a fun ride.

• Leey

★★★★ Rewatched by Leey 01 Jul, 2016

Shoot me. I fucking love this series. Can't help it.

Too bad Len Wiseman didn't return in the director's chair. His flair was definitely missing here, as the directing and cinematography was serviceable instead of gluing my eyes to my screen.

The lack of mythology is traded for an extinction/experimentation-story. It works, but it does feel a tad lower than the first two films that ooze that Lycan-Vampire lore, which makes the Underworld franchise what it is.

Still tons of fun. I know, shoot me. Yes, Kate, you can shoot me with those eyes.

• EricCloud

★★★½ Rewatched by EricCloud 25 Jun, 2016

If I felt guilty- this (and all the underworld films) would be my guilty pleasure movie

But I don't feel guilty and this flick is pure fun