• Mareks Smilga

★★★½ Watched by Mareks Smilga 28 Jan, 2012

Grūti saprast, kāpēc es vispār gāju uz šo franšīzes ceturto filmu, jo pirmās 3 biju redzējis tikai fragmentāli un par fanu gluži nebiju kļuvis. Nožēlot gan nebija ko, jo šī nav peļama popkorna filma.

• filmsrruss

★★½ Rewatched by filmsrruss 22 Mar, 2015

I have quite a soft spot for vampire/werewolf films (apart from An American Werewolf in London which still scares the bejesus out of me); I really like Underworld, Evolution and even Rise of the Lycans had its moments. So though I didn’t imagine it would blow me away, I hoped Awakening would still be Underworldly.

It is kinda fun, but ultimately lacks the bite that the first two films had; this is despite Selene killing more than she does in…

• cinemattcom

½ Added by cinemattcom

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

So three films later into the Underworld franchise why do I HATE “Awakening” let me count the flaws. First let me say it felt like the producers had given the writing job of the script to four individual persons, lock each one in a room alone and them paste and cut together the wildly different plot ideals that came out. Now for the specifics:

you had a child vampire who was suppose to be a ultra powerful hybrid, but when…

• Adam Theeye Pittman

Added by Adam Theeye Pittman

My review -- this fourth installment is now on DVD and yes it does have a solid to high profit margin of roughly speaking $90 million. The plot is basically this, the audience hears a inner monologue from our lead character complemented with a montage of the previous installments and other elements as she tells us where we are now and what has been happening. of her release from what seems to be a frozen stasis chamber [for the past…

• Adam Bolden

★★★★½ Watched by Adam Bolden 16 May, 2012

A lot has happened between Underworld: Evolution and Underworld: Awakening. The humans have discovered the vampires, the lycans and their war and have decided to put a stop to it. Twelve years after the purging, Selene (Kate Beckinsale) awakens in a laboratory and set out to find Michael. But on her journey she encounters a little girl (India Eisley) who may be the key to finding what she's looking for.

This is a huge leap forward for this series and…

• Anthony Albarran

★★½ Watched by Anthony Albarran 23 Feb, 2015

Uninteresting story, bad digital effects, and poor acting from most of the cast. No Sheen or Nighy to chew up the scenery.

• filmsrruss

Watched by filmsrruss 19 Dec, 2014

I literally can't remember anything about this film, maybe I should watch it again? (written 06.02.2015)

• James Clark

★★★ Watched by James Clark 18 Jan, 2015

After Selene is set free after being kept in a coma for twelve years, she soon discovers that the world is a different place, but the fight still continues.

The fourth entry in the Underworld franchise, and the result is yet another mixed bag. The story is enjoyable and though it has a more adult feel, it still does not take much thinking about. The mix of action of fantasy themes do work quite well together, and the addition of…

• Frank Furseth

Watched by Frank Furseth 09 Jan, 2015

DNF

• ChasingTheDawn

★★★ Added by ChasingTheDawn

Oh man it's funny seeing the cash grab sequel after a movie that did kinda decently. Now if you really like the underworld series you will like this film for where it took the plot and I would give it a 3 then. If you're not overly fond of them it's a 1.

• n7

★★★½ Rewatched by n7 04 Dec, 2014

As a vampire movie/TV aficionado, i am generally pretty happy to overlook most flaws, buckle up and enjoy the ride (which is the only way to watch the Underworld series).
    I've liked Kate Beckinsale in the Underworld series since the first one, and this is another addition in which i can happily enjoy.

• 11WordReview

★★½ Watched by 11WordReview 29 Nov, 2014

Underworld: Awakening (2012)

Some decent horror and gore, but it's more boring than tense.

5/10