• Seanski J

Well just finished my Underworld series re-watch in preparation for the new one.

Underworld: Awakening is really a bad flick. I was mostly just bored throughout the whole thing. I've also never seen a major character from previous written out so quickly as was Scott Speedman's character. Though I'm pretty sure it was a lookalike and some CG as that was NOT Scott Speedman.

CG werewolves all over the place here and somehow it looks even worse than even in…

• KMOKLER

This movie is jam packed full of everything that could possibly be fun in any action movie, B movie etc but this crap fest takes all that, screws it up into a scrunched up ball of paper and stamps on it repeatedly and then uses it as a mop for a few weeks until it's extremely dirty and then uses it to pick up dog poo off the streets and so on, etc, etc. I hope this made sense to you all (:

• Michael May

★★★★

Very much like the new direction and how the movie deals with Scott Speedman's absence. Eve is a pretty awesome character, too.

• LisaCupcake

★★★★★

Watched in prep for the new one. And I don't think I had seen it before! Better than the new one imo

• lavrego

★½

Morralla pura.

• Giovanni Deldio

★★½

While it's certainly the weakest of the franchise, it's still good fun. In fact, it's way better than I ever thought it would be. The climax is what really pushes this one higher than just a 2.5. needless to say Kate in tight, black leather killing monsters is always a welcome thing.

• DrRalph

★★★½

I just can't help loving these dumb films.

• bunnyhero

rewatched in preparation for seeing blood wars tomorrow. love the monster fights

• Henry Chivers

★★★½

The 4th underworld film moves along at break-neck speed. You can't help feel there should have been more story. But what story there is is okay. The action is where this film shines through. Kate Beckinsale is truly kick-ass. Good solid effects. Not the best of the UW films but a solid enough one.

• Mister Fuertes

★★★

Low key the best in the saga. Still clunky and hollow as hell but man do those action sequences kick ass. Y'all are sleeping on this.

• BrianNaas

★★★

After recently watching the fifth - Underworld: Blood Wars - in this pulpy silly but enjoyable series, I realized that I had somehow missed this one. So I went back and caught up with it.

More of the same - Lycans vs Vampires and tons and tons of CGI splattering but this is what you sign up for when you enter into this fantasy world. It felt even more cheesier than usual but Kate Beckinsale and her one note determined expression of being pissed off always gives these films a fanboy jolt. Now I guess I am ready for the 6th.

• sophie