• David_Choate

★★★★★ Watched by David_Choate 27 Apr, 2016

What a great deep black mess. This is a film that lines up perfectly with my worldview, that there is no just murder, that every person has as little justification to kill someone as the another. It underlines the occasional hypocrisy of Westerns, without completely undermining the genre.
    For most of the film, Clint Eastwood plays Will Munny like a man playing a normal "fella". He repeatedly says he's been cured of both his alcoholism and his "sinful ways", but…

• John Uptergrove

★★★★ Watched by John Uptergrove 27 Apr, 2016

The first part of the movie are a bit of a slow burn, but the last 30 minutes are fantastic.

It turned out to be Clint Eastwoods last western which is very fitting. Let's just hope he has a better send off than Trouble With the Curve, which is currently the last movie he acted in.

• guybrush

★★★★★ Added by guybrush

El ocaso del hombre sin nombre. Un hermoso y desolador epitafio al western. Un prodigio de atmósfera, puesta en escena, diálogos y el gesto de Clint, grande entre los grandes.

• Ben Lott

★★★★ Watched by Ben Lott 21 Apr, 2016

Unforgiven is a movie that transcends its plot. I mean the storyline is simple: A prostitute gets attacked, a bounty is placed on the heads of the attackers, and some old retired bounty hunters are convinced to come back for one last job. But there is so much depth in the story that you can't even see hinted at in that plot synopsis. The most fascinating aspect of the film, for me, was the morality questions that it brings up.…

• mikeysarkisian

★★★★½ Watched by mikeysarkisian 24 Apr, 2016

I think this is the last of the western movies. Obviously, western movies are still being made, but Unforgiven was the perfect conclusion to Clint Eastwood's career. An aging gunslinger-turned-farmer tries to get back into the bounty hunting business, but is thwarted by his frail body and tortured mind.

Great cast and excellent environment building. The score isn't overly dramatic like most cowboy movies. It's perfect.

• JoshuaW

Watched by JoshuaW 23 Apr, 2016

perfect

• Soni Triantoro

★★★ Watched by Soni Triantoro 22 Apr, 2016

Selain For a Few Dollars More dan The Treasure of The Sierra Madre, saya cenderung sukar mengarifi gerak laku konflik dari film-film Western. Termasuk Unforgiven, pengeruk Oscar buatan Clint Eastwood. Karakter William Munny juga rasa-rasanya bisa diolah lebih menarik tanpa mesti membebaninya dengan mitos-mitos koboi.

Btw, kebetulan atau enggak ya, kok kayak ada korelasi kuat (lirik dan musik) dari lagu The Unforgiven milik Metallica sama film ini (rilis cuma setahun setelahnya). Rahasia umum juga kalau Hetfield maniak film-film western. Cek-cek trivia..

• Rui

★★★★ Watched by Rui 21 Apr, 2016

This is a very different western from what I'm used to, and that's what makes it great. There is no real hero, there's no obvious villain, you feel the most important characters go through quite a large span of emotions, you sense the moral and emotional struggles, people are both evil and well-intended. This makes every character both real and easy understand but also hard to get attached to. Even Will, the main character, ends up in that spectrum of…

• Corey Hart

★★★ Watched by Corey Hart 16 Apr, 2016

Good movie, but it was too slow. The whole movie we're just waiting for Munny to flip the switch and it comes too late for me.

• Daniel Charchuk

★★★★½ Watched by Daniel Charchuk 28 Mar, 2009

Doesn't just reverse the myth of the Western; takes a hammer to it and fucking destroys it. Dark and chilling, it's a fitting end for the form. Only Clint had the rep to pull this off.

It's meant to be that there are no clear-cut heroes and villains; the moral ambiguities are the whole point! When Clint says, "Deserve's got nothing to do with it", it's the perfect summation of everything the film is trying to say about violence and…

• Will ML

★★★★ Watched by Will ML 16 Apr, 2016

There were times where I wished the plot had moved along a little quicker, but otherwise, Unforgiven is a top-notch western with a terrific story, great characters, and a sense of depth and importance in its choices.

• Nathanial00

★★★★½ Watched by Nathanial00 07 Feb, 2016

8.8/10
    I don't love this film as much as everyone else seems to, but I still think it is great.