• jlwbrinson

★★★★★ Added by jlwbrinson

My favorite western, Unforgiven was the inflection point for westerns in moving it from the romanticised to the realistic. The dominant performances of Eastwood, Freeman and Hackman pace the film and the ending is a classic scene in the genre. Even after all these years I still hold my breath when Eastwood strolls into that saloon and confronts the entire posse that is meant to be chasing him and despite only killing a few, is able to so completely intimidate the remainder.

• XM

★★★★ Rewatched by XM 27 Aug, 2015

Lars Ulrich est malade au drum...

• Reesiepie

★½ Watched by Reesiepie 20 Aug, 2015

Well I guess I just don't get westerns. Seems to me like a whole bunch of men riding around on horses, with guns, mansplaining how difficult it is to be a man and how killing men is a helluva thing - before killing every man in the room.
    Well, I've seen it now; don't need to see it again.

• TheCinemaMan101

★★★★★ Watched by TheCinemaMan101 19 Aug, 2015 1

This is both acting and directing in Clint Eastwood's purest form, along with Oscar-worthy performances as well as a fantastic western film.

Grade: A+

• Jeffrey Rubenstein

★★★★½ Watched by Jeffrey Rubenstein 18 Aug, 2015

Great western.

• Carnaval

★★ Watched by Carnaval 18 Aug, 2015

Definetely, I don't like Eastwood as a director. This film was my last hope.
    I didn't have any respect even for the hero and even for the villain. Almost everything was so passive.

• Mathias Axberg

★★★½ Rewatched by Mathias Axberg 17 Aug, 2015 3

Remember loving this, hasn't really held up that great.

Yay:

+ A handful of great scenes. Eastwood, Hackman, Freeman and the whores are all alright.

Nay:

- The kid is horrible.

- Cinematography looks cheap. You're a western? Give me some more wideshots.

- Munny turning into John Wick at the end kind of negates the "it's a hell of a thing, killing a man"-theme.

• Neil Sarver

★★★★★ Rewatched by Neil Sarver 16 Aug, 2015 1

"We all got it comin', kid."

• Glenn Dunks

★★★★½ Watched by Glenn Dunks 17 Aug, 2015

Watched this for the first time and thought it incredible. By far the best Clint Eastwood movie I've seen, although I think I still slightly prefer OPEN RANGE.

• Greg Richmer

★★★★ Watched by Greg Richmer 13 Aug, 2015

I really liked where this movie was going, but something about that ending just doesn't feel right. Might need a second viewing before I really make up my mind.

• Shrabster

★★½ Added by Shrabster

Clint Eastwood as Clint Eastwood in every Western that's ever been made.

• Peter Garofalo

★★★★ Watched by Peter Garofalo 10 Aug, 2015

Not the worst transatlantic flight, Part 2

You don't need to be an expert in Spaghetti Western movies to understand that UNFORGIVEN is a pretty ingenious deconstruction of the genre.