• Steve

★★★★★ Added by Steve

One Of My Top 10 Westerns Of All Time !!! Fantastic Performances By Eastwood..Hackman...Freeman ..Gorgeous Cinematography And Superb Directing That Won 4 Academy Awards Including Best Picture In 1992!!! A Definite Must Watch !!!

• Ryley Mann

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ryley Mann 23 Jun, 2015

Still an absolutely amazing movie

• Kevin Wight

★★★★½ Watched by Kevin Wight 10 Jun, 2015 1

Revitalising a moribund genre and providing a template for all that followed, Unforgiven is likely to go down as Clint Eastwood’s masterpiece. It strips away the notions of romance that still resolutely clung to the idea of the Old West, and is as caked in moral murk as the protagonist William Munney’s face is in pig muck at the beginning of the film.

Eastwood plays Munney, ex-outlaw and ruthless killer, saved and redeemed by the love of a good woman.…

• Ed Glendenning

★★★½ Watched by Ed Glendenning 15 Jun, 2015

'Realistic and thoughtful, Unforgiven has the pictorial sweep we've come to expect from the genre.'

• Nick Brown

★★★★½ Watched by Nick Brown 08 May, 2015

What a great movie! Gene Hackman, Morgan Freeman, and Clint Eastwood all deliver some of the greatest performances of their careers. It is a masterpiece of storytelling. It is a very violent film yet rather then celebrating it's violence it demonstrates how awful the violence really is by showing the consequences. Is revenge the same thing as justice? Do the ends justify the means? Should we tolerate the lesser evil for the greater good? Which evil is the lesser evil? I love this film!

• Limin8tor

★★★ Watched by Limin8tor 12 Jun, 2015

***1/4

Well, it's a movie. Alright, that's unfair. I tend to enjoy the films Clint Eastwood directs. He gets great casts and he tends to have a great eye for direction and cinematography and 'Unforgiven' is no exception. But my god do the storylines and dialogue in his films end up being so on the nose.

How many times did Eastwood's character have to mention that he hasn't had alcohol in ten years and he's a different man now? How…

• THEKYNEDYMAN

★★★★★ Watched by THEKYNEDYMAN 11 Jun, 2015

The best film that Clint Eastwood has provided us thus far as a director.

A quite unique touch provided by Director Clint "Blondie" Eastwood to the Western film genre. Eastwood provided us with his own slightly different version of a Western classic. Although it had the feel and atmosphere of a Western movie, Unforgiven had a distinct essence in its presentation and storytelling unlike all the other Westerns we know past and present.

This somewhat unique Western film in Unforgiven…

• Katherine Bolinger

★★★★ Watched by Katherine Bolinger 06 Jun, 2015

Someone more eloquent than me called this a eulogy to the Western. Seconded.

• Ryley Mann

★★★★★ Rewatched by Ryley Mann 05 Jun, 2015

One of the greatest movies of all time and one of my personal favorites. A must watch for every film fan.

• Michael Williams

★★★★★ Added by Michael Williams

Clint Eastwood is such an over achiever; action star, movie icon, award winning Director. "Unforgiven" is a Western that takes from classics and more recent films in the genre - ultimately creating a perfect film. Realism is beyond the call of duty and the direction is, needless to say, sure certain and proudly experienced. The most recent film I've seen that has instantly become a favorite. So much so I stayed through the whole end credit sequence, seeing a surprising…

• Polo

★★★★★ Watched by Polo 02 Jun, 2015

Clint Eastwood réalise son western ... en déconstruisant totalement le genre : le héros, en plus d'être un ancien tuer sans foi ni loi, est vieillissant et sait à peine se défendre, il y a une galerie de personnage plus ambigus les uns que les autres (avec un casting impeccable) et finalement peu de duels et d'action spectaculaire.

Le film permet de poser les bases d'une réflexion sur la rédemption et sur le fait qu'un homme peut changer ... ou…

• Leo Schiller

★★★★½ Watched by Leo Schiller 02 Jun, 2015

A genuine Western movie. With an ending you don't usually expect these days. I liked how the color setting reflects the specific situations. All in all a brutal film with a clear statement for friendship.