• Andy F.

★★★★★ Watched by Andy F. 07 Nov, 2013

A mournful masterpiece reflecting on a life in westerns. "We all got it coming kid." All I think about when I think about this movie is the final shot and that music.

• Rodrigo Canton

★★★★½ Watched by Rodrigo Canton 25 Jan, 2015

É como Pat Garret and Billy the Kid sabe. Os dois filmes tratam de uma visão oposta do western romantizado, mostrando um velho oeste sujo que vai morrendo aos poucos. Seus personagens são homens velhos que já tiveram seus tempos de glória como outlaws ou atiradores, mas que hoje são apenas reflexos do que eram antes. Se sentem fora de seu tempo, como se eles não pertencessem mais ali.

Quando eu era pequeno costumava, identificar em minha cabeça quem era…

• JMSavoyBoy

★★★★ Watched by JMSavoyBoy 23 Jan, 2015

Film 20 from my 90 From the 90's project

'Unforgiven' feels like Eastwood's final farewell to the genre that made him a legend. Directing and staring as a formerly ruthless outlaw who has turned a new leaf in order to raise a family and some feverish pigs, but embarks on one last bounty in order to provide for his family. He joins up with a young-un and his old partner to hunt down some cowboys responsible for cutting up a…

• kacman11

★★★★★ Added by kacman11

Needed to finally see this after that debacle of a Chris Kyle holiday weekend and oh my god this is a near perfect film.

• Alex Vlad

★★★★★ Added by Alex Vlad

The ultimate deconstruction of the classic western: stereotypes are thrown off the bridge while dramatic conventions are turned upside down, the nihilism of it all when we try to categorize it in the genre we used to recall so vividly, a forceful, smart and at times melancholic achievement.

• Mark Ciemcioch

★★★★ Watched by Mark Ciemcioch 19 Aug, 2014

Haiku Review:
    Iconic western
    sends Clint Eastwood out of the
    genre in style.

• Jason Bellamy

★★★★½ Rewatched by Jason Bellamy 17 Jan, 2015 1

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Nick Gleason

★★★★★ Rewatched by Nick Gleason 17 Jan, 2015

The greatest Western ever.

• mikecuenca

★★★★ Rewatched by mikecuenca 15 Jan, 2015

Second watch. It's a solid flick. But not as engaging as some of my favorite Eastwood directed pictures.

• Ian Mantgani

Rewatched by Ian Mantgani 12 Jan, 2015 1

Rarely have I been so aware of the shared hues of twilight, whisky and fire.

Pained to its dirty steel bones. A feminist Western, of women trying to right wrongs and men trying to control the world with injustice. A mockery of mythmaking, with Saul Rubinek's chronicler of gunfighter legend strutting in reflected glory and then cowering among the bullets. A laying bare of the protracted effect of violence, from boys bleeding thirsty in the brush to bloodlust infecting the…

• Keenan

★★★★½ Rewatched by Keenan 12 Jan, 2015

Clint Eastwood gives us a great insight into the complexity of the reality behind Westerns and crime movies. Nothing is as straightforward or easy as other movies of the genre sometimes make it seem.

• Santana Lowell

★★★★★ Rewatched by Santana Lowell 06 Jan, 2015 1

"Hell of a thing, killin' a man. You take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have." - William Munny

I've never been a huge fan of Clint Eastwood, but this movie is his masterpiece and arguably one of the greatest westerns ever made.