• DannyOMovieGuy

★★★★★ Added by DannyOMovieGuy

I wasn't sure if he still had it in him, but Clint Eastwood's last western my favorite western of the genre. The performances are great, including established actors Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman, and Gene Hackman, bring their all. and the story is very interesting. This is not your standard "shoot em up" typical western, this film gets into the psychology of what it's like to actually kill a man. The violence is justified, and we see its effects on not…

• Flick Fanatics (Matt)

★★★★ Watched by Flick Fanatics (Matt) 19 Nov, 2015

Great slow burn. Awesome pay off. Some moments really do drag and feel unnecessary though. The cast did a great job.

• Savannah Oakes

★★★★ Rewatched by Savannah Oakes 10 Nov, 2015

I liked it better this time around but I'm still not over the moon about it. I'm not big on westerns in general or Clint Eastwood so it's not exactly surprising.

It displays a great exploration of violence which is intelligent and captivating for both modern audiences and contextually through the tropes of violence in traditional Westerns and its transformation in this film.

Thematically it is heavy. As said above, the exploration of violence is enviable from most modern films…

• Paul Zoccolillo

★★★★ Added by Paul Zoccolillo

(Original review outdated, re-evaluation required at later date)

• Blake Hall

★★★★½ Added by Blake Hall

Clint Eastwood deconstructs the role that made him famous in the first place. This is where the "man with no name" would be 30 years after The Good, The Bad And The Ugly; remorseful for his violent lifestyle, yet not able to move away from it

• sharky_55

★★★★★ Added by sharky_55

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Unforgiven personifies the end of the Old West, and specifically in Eastwood's Will Munny as well as himself, a relic of Leone's Spaghetti trilogy. That Eastwood went under several aliases but was always calm, collected, deadly with the draw and ruggedly handsome. Here he is ragged and elderly; he tends to pigs, not to bounties, misfires from a few paces on a still tin can, and can barely mount his horse without a decent struggle. That vehicle in itself is…

• Dominic Velasquez

★★★★★ Rewatched by Dominic Velasquez 26 Oct, 2015

Unforgiven is unquestionably Clint Eastwood's greatest achievement as a director of motion pictures and one of his finest performances.

• Sarah Z

★★★★ Watched by Sarah Z 23 Oct, 2015

Gripping movie hard at work deconstructing well-worn western tropes of an older era. Really plays around with what it means to be a hero and/or villain. Gene Hackman is unhinged and wonderful. The ending is unflinching and perfect.

• Kars Alfrink

★★★★ Watched by Kars Alfrink 24 Oct, 2015

Gorgeous scenery, flawlessly paced, interesting characters and a solid story. Classic.

• Vincent Baker

★★★★ Rewatched by Vincent Baker 18 Oct, 2015

The Outlaw Josey Wales < The Shootist < Unforgiven < El Dorado

• Agnis

★★★★ Watched by Agnis 18 Oct, 2015

A little bit of The Expendables, 90s and western edition.

• JustinBateman

★★★★★ Added by JustinBateman

"I ain't like that no more."

Wild West gunslinger William Munny (Clint Eastwood) comes out of retirement and teams up with his old partner Ned (Morgan Freeman) for one last job.

This 1992 film won four Oscars including Best Picture and Best Director for Eastwood and is so much more than just a western. Indeed, after years of tutelage under Spaghetti Western supremo Sergio Leone, Eastwood had finally perfected his directing craft and in Unforgiven delivers what almost amounts to…