• kacman11

★★★★★ Added by kacman11

Needed to finally see this after that debacle of a Chris Kyle holiday weekend and oh my god this is a near perfect film.

• Alex Vlad

★★★★★ Added by Alex Vlad

The ultimate deconstruction of the classic western: stereotypes are thrown off the bridge while dramatic conventions are turned upside down, the nihilism of it all when we try to categorize it in the genre we used to recall so vividly, a forceful, smart and at times melancholic achievement.

• Nick Gleason

★★★★★ Rewatched by Nick Gleason 17 Jan, 2015

The greatest Western ever.

• Santana Lowell

★★★★★ Rewatched by Santana Lowell 06 Jan, 2015 1

"Hell of a thing, killin' a man. You take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have." - William Munny

I've never been a huge fan of Clint Eastwood, but this movie is his masterpiece and arguably one of the greatest westerns ever made.

• Reego

★★★★★ Added by Reego

A beautiful western film, where the scenery just takes you deep in the life and makes you appreciate westerns, with none other than mr eastwood himself on the sattle makes this film unforgettable, Gene hackman is magnificent, and morgan freeman is the icing on the cake. This films ranks among the greatest which im sure sergio leone would agree.

• elliotx

★★★★★ Rewatched by elliotx 16 May, 2014

No matter how many times I watch this, it still grips me. Awesome acting and directing, fantastic story, truly one of Eastwood's best films!

• corey newcombe

★★★★★ Added by corey newcombe

Big Whisky is full of people trying to lead quiet lives. Cowboys try to make a living. Sheriff 'Little Bill' tries to build a house and keep order.

When a couple of cowboys cut up a prostitute and disfigure her, the other prostitutes put a bounty on the cowboys. The bounty attracts The Schofield Kid, and he convinces ageing killer William Munny to join him.

Munny reformed for his wife, and has been raising his two children in peace, since…

• ShadetreeDad

★★★★★ Rewatched by ShadetreeDad 08 Nov, 2014

As opposed to most westerns this one has no "good or bad guys" they're all shades of gray. A very real portrait of a time in America. When was the last time you saw a western where a young character had bad vision? And the cast! Gene Hackman is fantastic (as always). Clint is spot on. With this cast and story you are transformed to a spot in history where you had to "get tough or die". Or maybe run…

• Baz The Film Guy

★★★★★ Rewatched by Baz The Film Guy 12 Dec, 2014

***Watched as part of the Western Film Challenge***

Still unequivocally glorious 24-years on from its original release, which garnered so much critical acclaim and winner of four Academy Awards. Unforgiven is a western drama for the ages that only seems to seep into the soul with each subsequent watch. A film that is as beautiful as it is ugly; filled with great visuals that emphasise the fact.

Eastwood stars and directs in what might just be the best film he has ever made.

• Tim Ehrens

★★★★★ Rewatched by Tim Ehrens 08 Nov, 2014 3

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got, and all he's ever gonna have."

The mythology of the gunslinger is deeply rooted in the American subconscious. It's the image of the rough, tough justice-giver, one who is the virtual prototype for masculinity and an archetype that has been an ambassador for American culture the world over. Everybody knows the "cowboy." The Western genre of cinema has done its part to solidify this character into…

• hotsake

★★★★★ Added by hotsake

Simply put one of the greatest westerns ever made and in my opinion a realistic portrayal of the old west. The story of an old gunslinger searching for security for his children and maybe even a tiny spark of redemption.

• Sarfaraz Abbasi

★★★★★ Added by Sarfaraz Abbasi

Unforgiven
    Dir. Clint Eastwood
    Starring: Clint Eastwood, Gene Hackman, Morgan Freeman

A MASTERCLASS Film directed, co-starred by Clint Eastwood, I would not say further about this masterpiece, as I don't reckon I merely fit to review this movie. It is piece of gem. I truly am in love with its theme-music for Claudia. I reckon, I might write in detail about Clint Eastwood's character in the film.