• Ricardo Mendes

★★★★★ Watched by Ricardo Mendes 17 Apr, 2014

De hoje não passou,grande Western...

• Greg Thomas

★★★★★ Watched by Greg Thomas 14 Apr, 2014

A Movie Every Year Since I Ws Born II
    Movie number: #8
    Movie title: Unforgiven
    Movie Year: 1992

No surprise this won best picture a classic that needs to be seen!

• Joseph William Lewis

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joseph William Lewis 12 Apr, 2014

"I'll see you in hell, William Munny."
    "...Yeah."

The quintessential postmodern western. Classical storytelling rhythms make way for poignant characterization, iconic performances, and riveting suspense sequences. Although the film makes a point of not shying away from realistic pathos or brutality, Eastwood's Old West is mythic, mysterious, and feels about as far removed from our world as Peter Jackson's Middle Earth. It's a place immortalized in legend until the end of time, and simply getting to spend time there with this fascinating set of characters is perhaps the greatest pleasure of Unforgiven.

• justinC

★★★★★ Rewatched by justinC 02 Apr, 2014

Unforgiven is probably has the best acting of all films in the "Western" genre.

When retired gunslinger Bill Munny [Eastwood] accepts his last bounty to ride to a town with a younger man, and picking up his old partner [Freeman] on the way. They end up taking on a whole town including it's Sheriff [Gene Hackman]

This is on classic that should not be missed by anyone.

• lynyrdsghost

★★★★★ Added by lynyrdsghost

Great western.

• Stewart Allan

★★★★★ Watched by Stewart Allan 25 Mar, 2014

Can't believe it's taken me so long to manage to see this. Eastwood is at his career best I would say - his transformation from over the hill farmer to terrifying killer makes watching worthwhile on its own. I thought it did a great job of building tension and, to me, avoiding cliches so that I genuinely didn't know what was going to happen Couple that with great supporting performances all round, beautiful cinematography and scenery, and a lovely guitar based score. Highly recommended.

• benreviews

★★★★★ Watched by benreviews 19 Mar, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• John Barnes

★★★★★ Watched by John Barnes 11 Mar, 2014

This would make a great double feature with Big Trouble in Little China.

• Hershal Whiteman

★★★★★ Rewatched by Hershal Whiteman 08 Mar, 2014

I had never been a big fan of Westerns when I first saw this in the theater in 1992. But I sure as hell was afterwards. It wasn't until much later, after watching many more, that I realized that William Munny was The Outlaw Josey Wales, he was the Man with No Name, he was the Pale Rider. He was the man all of those characters would eventually become. Living a lie and ignoring the awful truth of his previous…

• Joe Cool

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joe Cool 08 Mar, 2014

I tend to skew more towards Costner when it comes to modern westerns but there is no denying that Unforgiven is not only one of the best recent (as in post 1990) westerns but one of the best westerns of all time. If you like the genre you'll like this.

• Micah Van Hove

★★★★★ Added by Micah Van Hove

Eastwood's best film.

• CINEMADHESIVE

★★★★★ Rewatched by CINEMADHESIVE 28 Feb, 2014

Still among the greatest of Oscar Best Picture winners.