• Michael Borshuk

★★★ Watched by Michael Borshuk 01 Feb, 2016

...in which Vinnie Barbarino comes to Texas and does the two-step really darn well. Interesting enough movie about masculine angst in post-disco Houston, but it completely overstays its welcome at over two hours running time. Especially since, essentially, the whole thing is really just about which dumb, mean-to-women cowboy can ride a mechanical bull better.

• Joe Bonelli

Watched by Joe Bonelli 30 Jan, 2016

Finally a movie about men being shitty to women.

• madi

★★★★★ Added by madi

I hated this movie but then my mom
    made me obviously realize that it's an homest portrayal of blue collar America and I really appreciated that. It's sad beautiful brutal America.

• bryant nelson

Watched by bryant nelson 02 Jan, 2016

John travolta slaps his wife around cus she rides a mechanical bull, and boy does she do it well!

• mattpennsmith

★★★½ Watched by mattpennsmith 02 Nov, 2015

Against all odds, I enjoyed it.

• Joseph William Lewis

★★ Watched by Joseph William Lewis 13 Nov, 2015

Desperately wants to be Saturday Night Fever for country music and really, really isn't. Though the culture itself is well-represented, the characters are one-dimensional and the romance is shallow and soapy. I'm not sure what I expected here, but I did not expect to be as bored as I was.

• Warriors

★★★★ Added by Warriors 1

This movie is more than some bully riding in a bar - it's about relationships and every day life;
    Ok sometimes Travolta and Winger are on automatic pilot, but they are definitely good actors.

• whambamglambam

★★½ Watched by whambamglambam 16 Oct, 2015

It has some good performances and some good scenes... outside of Gilley's. I may live in Texas but I just don't get jazzed about bull-riding and two-stepping.

• BillyStevenson

Watched by BillyStevenson 08 Oct, 2015

A kind of spiritual sequel to Saturday Night Fever, Urban Cowboy stars John Travolta as Bud Davis, a Texas cowboy who travels to Houston to earn enough money to buy his own ranch. While he’s there, he falls in love with Sissy, played by Debra Winger, who he meets at Gilley’s, a bar on the outskirts of the city, and the film follows the ups and downs of their romance, courtship, marriage and separation as they drift in and out…

• Torie

Watched by Torie 03 Aug, 2015

How much abuse do we have to watch Debra Winger withstand on screen? :l All of the men in this movie are gross.

• Valdimar Hauksson

★★★ Watched by Valdimar Hauksson 16 Jul, 2015

An iconic soundtrack + Debra Winger rides a mechanic bull = Good enough for me.

• hankiro

★★★ Watched by hankiro 16 Jul, 2015

A don't give a shrimp about bullriding or any other country bullshit, but how wasn't Travolta nominated for anything?