• John Bacin

★★½ Watched by John Bacin 29 Apr, 2016

Way too long, too uninteresting, too average. Should have been called "Cowboy Moves to a New Location that has a Oil Site But is Still Pretty Country".

• Tyler

★★★ Watched by Tyler 19 Apr, 2016

Dopey and soapy in ways that feel appropriate for Texas in the '80s but goddang did Travolta and Winger ever look fine.

• Rainey Dawn

★★★★ Rewatched by Rainey Dawn 28 Oct, 2014

This movie is more of a cult classic film these days. I have to say it is a pretty good story and a movie that is sorely overlooked. This movie is more than just some country-western bar room flick - it actually has a good story. If you like a romantic drama then you should like this film.

I will have to say that the soundtrack is pretty good and I actually like some of the songs played in this…

• Scott Reynolds

★★★★ Watched by Scott Reynolds 31 Mar, 2016

John Travolta is the man. Bearded or not - he's the man. Only Travolta could play an ordinary guy with a temper who occasionally will beat Debra Winger, sleep with Jeri Hall, despite being married to Debra - and still we root for Bud and Sissy to get back together. It did help that Scott Glenn played a mesh shirt wearing badass convict without a heart of gold. And on top of that, as you watch it, you slowly but…

• JohnQuinn

★★ Watched by JohnQuinn 08 Mar, 2016

Streaming: What a strange strange movie. I guess Paramount wanted this to be the country music version of SATURDAY NIGHT FEVER.

• Rahul Dutta

★★★½ Watched by Rahul Dutta 09 Mar, 2016

No matter what, I like this one. What a terrific performance by John Travolta. One of my favourite romantic movie.

• Krunić

★★ Rewatched by Krunić 19 Feb, 2016

A drama about mechanical bull riding contest? Should've had more singing and dancing numbers. When I was a kid I saw GREASE on TV and then went to seek out all of Travolta's movies in local video store. This was one of them and since there was no singing or dancing I was deeply disappointed. Now, I kinda wonder why would anyone give Travolta a leading role in a cowboy movie? Especially if the baddie was Scott Glenn who could kick Travolta's ass in a matter of seconds.

• Michael Borshuk

★★★ Watched by Michael Borshuk 01 Feb, 2016

...in which Vinnie Barbarino comes to Texas and does the two-step really darn well. Interesting enough movie about masculine angst in post-disco Houston, but it completely overstays its welcome at over two hours running time. Especially since, essentially, the whole thing is really just about which dumb, mean-to-women cowboy can ride a mechanical bull better.

• Joe Bonelli

Watched by Joe Bonelli 30 Jan, 2016

Finally a movie about men being shitty to women.

• madi

★★★★★ Added by madi

I hated this movie but then my mom
    made me obviously realize that it's an homest portrayal of blue collar America and I really appreciated that. It's sad beautiful brutal America.

• bryant nelson

Watched by bryant nelson 02 Jan, 2016

John travolta slaps his wife around cus she rides a mechanical bull, and boy does she do it well!

• mattpennsmith

★★★½ Watched by mattpennsmith 02 Nov, 2015

Against all odds, I enjoyed it.