• Mathias Axberg

★★½ Watched by Mathias Axberg 24 Oct, 2014 2

Yay:

+ Some some decent tension, especially once the coup kicks into action.

Nay:

- I was simply bored for long stretches. Nothing hooked me. It doesn't look that great either.

• Jay-r Trinidad

★★½ Watched by Jay-r Trinidad 14 Oct, 2014

a film that tries to be important.

• JoseIgnacioWert

★★★ Added by JoseIgnacioWert

Entretenida y solvente cinta bélica basada en una conocida operación real. En el fondo, una suerte de recreación de las superproducciones de la II Guerra Mundial en el que un puñado de prestigiosos actores anglosajones interpretaban a oficiales nazis… esa clase de película contra la que se rebeló Quentin Tarantino en Malditos Bastardos, estrenada sólo unos pocos meses después.

• Lynne Gee

★★★★½ Added by Lynne Gee

Okay, to be honest, I really can not STAND Tom Cruise as an actor. Most of the movies he's made have him playing himself and almost shouting with that cheesy grin of his: "I'm Tom Cruise. See how awesome I think I am!" So, I was initially very skeptical when I saw he was to appear in this movie. I was pleasantly surprised. Cruise was very low key and played this hero with the respect he deserved. A great performance. A great story. I loved it.

• Andy Summers

★★★★½ Rewatched by Andy Summers 08 Oct, 2014 1

Historical dramas usually have one thing going against them, history. How do you build a tension filled plot when everyone knows the outcome? That was Bryan Singer's biggest problem in the making of this brilliantly constructed thriller than focused on the unsuccessful attempt by a leading group of German officers to assassinate Adolf Hitler in the Summer of 1944. Bringing together an all star cast that would put most productions to shame, Singer made us invest our faith in these…

• Joe DiCanio

★★★ Watched by Joe DiCanio 20 Mar, 2013

Rating: B-

• sarahc

★★★★ Added by sarahc

• funsohng

Added by funsohng

Bryan Singer's historical thriller is nothing to write home about compared to his older works, but it's still an entertaining and meaningful experience.

• Col Todd

★★★★ Watched by Col Todd 11 Sep, 2014

Well crafted by Bryan Singer, holds yr interest even though you know how it ends. Loads of British and German character actors...oh and Tom Cruise. ..

• Curtis

★★★★★ Added by Curtis

It didn't matter that Bryan Singer directed one of the best thrillers of the past 20 years (The Usual Suspects), Tom Cruise in an eye-patch was enough of a reason to dismiss this movie sight unseen. Well, I was wrong.

• MatthewLB

★★★½ Watched by MatthewLB 11 Aug, 2014

This was a solid war movie with great acting.

• InSession Film

★★★½ Watched by InSession Film 01 Aug, 2014

Slow start but a great 2nd half. Tom Cruise is great as usual.