• JohnAllegretti

Added by JohnAllegretti

Mansfield Movie Plex - DCP

• Tom Prankerd

★★ Watched by Tom Prankerd 12 Apr, 2015

The subject of the von Stauffenberg plot is a worthy one for a film and sincerity oozes from every pore of the script. However, much of the tone is misjudged - Singer tries to inject the film with suspense that can't come off as the result of the coup is a foregone conclusion while Cruise plays von Stauffenberg as a spiky, impassioned earnest anti-hero rather than the slick, cunning and charmismatic man the plan would require. An overly flashy supporting cast with too many people tilting for a Supporting Actor nomination further jars with the source material.

• KMOKLER

★★★ Added by KMOKLER 2

When it comes to film genres war is probably my favourite but Valkyrie is nowhere near one of the best it never changes its pace, its not really exciting at all but it is well acted so I'd say if your a fan of the genre its at least watchable.

• Zé Walderico

★★★★ Added by Zé Walderico

Vi no cinema, muito bom, cenas de tirar o fôlego que deixa você grudado na cadeira. Vale muito!

• Arlo J. Wiley

★★★ Watched by Arlo J. Wiley 06 Apr, 2015

Bryan Singer is a good director, though--like in his very different Superman Returns--there is a surprising lack of tension in Valkyrie, the true story of the Nazi officers who led a failed attempt on Hitler's life. So much of the film is consumed with explaining who's who and where they stand in the Reich that it can seem cold and distant. Little importance is given to what the men believe and what their plans are for Germany once Hitler is…

• SamcroSon

★★½ Watched by SamcroSon 03 Apr, 2015

Great cast, it's just a shame that not one of them could fake a German accent. This could have been decent but it just seems like nobody gave a fuck when they were making it.

• JuicyGS

★★★ Added by JuicyGS

Watch out Adolf TC has your number !! Film depicts the failed plot of kill the Furher, while a modern presentable version of events it tries and fails to provide the suspense these actions should have provided.

• William Kretschmer

★★★ Watched by William Kretschmer 08 Oct, 2012

Based on actual events, a plot to assassinate Hitler is unfurled during the height of WWII.
    Told like a well-oiled suspense thriller, the makers take the motivations of the conspirators for granted.

•  Justin Purwitsky

★★★½ Watched by Justin Purwitsky 19 Mar, 2015 2

Boy was I excited for this movie. An action packed thriller about Nazi's staring Tom Cruise and directed by Bryan Singer. I was excited when it was released in theatres but I missed it (somehow) and then I saw it for cheap on blu ray (less than 5 bucks) and so I bought it and last night I finally watched it.

And it was a good movie. Was it as good as I hoped for? not in the least. I…

• Adrian Suarez

★★★½ Watched by Adrian Suarez 13 Mar, 2015

I've been wanted to see Valkyrie for years. So when I saw the movie was in Netflix and I did't want to miss another opportunity. as I was watching this I was so mad at myself on how could have I waited so long to see this great film. Tom Cruise is just sensational,Bryan Singer to me, this is his best film.My only issue with film was other then the plot a lot what happen in the movie was not…

• Corey Hart

★★★★ Watched by Corey Hart 08 Mar, 2015

Well done period piece. Tom Cruise at his best. Very under rated movie.

• DJ

★★★★ Watched by DJ 27 Dec, 2008

Operation Valkyrie. Hitler's plan B. If anything was to happen to him, Valkyrie would be initiated and within hours men loyal to Hitler would regain control of the upper ranks of German command, ensuring that his values be upheld, even in his passing. Col. Claus von Stauffenberg (Tom Cruise) had assessed his viewpoint of Hitler's actions and decided that he is fed up with his antics. He soon discovers that there is a number of officers in Hitler's upper ranks…