• Pete Laurie

★★★ Watched by Pete Laurie 19 Nov, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

In the 90s, Bryan Singer was the next big thing. The Usual Suspects was the cool little movie that broke big and helped launch the career of Kevin Spacey. And along wih Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man, Singer’s first two X-Men movies pretty much defined what comic book movies have been ever since. Then he gave up a lot of his goodwill by making Superman Returns, a truly terrible, boring movie. These days, he’s a little all over the shop. X-Men: Days…

• Antonio Quintero

★★★ Watched by Antonio Quintero 13 Dec, 2008

I like historical dramas and this one is ok. I seen better adaptation of this story of the attempt at the life of hitler.

• Paul Zoccolillo

★★½ Added by Paul Zoccolillo

unremarkable and often trite at times, this is history that is too complex to commit fully to dramatic terms, all effective developments are in vain and the lack of detail shows in several instances, important but told poorly

• Boris Kolašinac

★★★ Rewatched by Boris Kolašinac 25 Oct, 2015

I don't know if it's historically correct, but it's solid entertainment with a pretty intense atmosphere. Worth to watch!

• Dave Holmes

★★★½ Added by Dave Holmes

Like all Cruiser-produced films, flawless production values, a beautifully meticulous recreation of the time and place, with nary a shot that isn't stunning. Flawless casting too, although Tommy-Boy looks about half his age, and thus loses a touch of his authority emoting all his intense and righteous speeches against the other cast members, 50+ minumum, almost bar none. This crusty casting, plus the deliberate pacing and mininsule action scenes mean this film will never find a wide audience, but while…

• mijagi

★★★★ Rewatched by mijagi 07 Oct, 2015

Tom Cruise puts in another strong performance and is ably supported by the likes of Kenneth Branagh, Bill Nighy, Tom Wilkinson, Eddie Izzard and Terrence Stamp. Even if you already know the ending Valkyrie is still an exciting and gripping film, with director Bryan Singer keeping things tight and tense. Well made and well acted.

• Henry Chivers

★★★½ Rewatched by Henry Chivers 28 Sep, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

The story of the ill-fated plan to kill Adolf Hitler. This is a well made film with good solid production and great acting. We know the plan will fail but each time I watch it I keep finding myself hoping it won't.

• BennyWestside

★★★ Added by BennyWestside

Tom Cruise plays a German man, and it is NOT convincing.

Although, looking at the real life man he portrayed, Tom Cruise looks eerily similar to that dude.

• Tiago Massoni

★★½ Watched by Tiago Massoni 02 Sep, 2015

Sad, cause we know the end.

• Buddy Moore

★★★ Watched by Buddy Moore 24 Aug, 2015

Having seen a couple of documentaries on Claus von Stauffenberg's attempt to assassinate Hitler, I was not expecting to find much of interest here. But this dramatization of events became quite riveting, especially in the hours after the bombing. (The docs seemed to gloss over that part.) It reminded me of how I felt about "Apollo 13:" Knowing how it was going to end, I still was on the edge of my seat.

Singer has assembled an impressive cast, Bill…

• Ben Radetski

★★★ Added by Ben Radetski

I watched this several times when it first came DVD. Why? I don't know. My dad liked it a lot for some reason, I tagged along. It's okay I guess.

• Jeremy Heilman

★★ Watched by Jeremy Heilman 04 Jan, 2009

Singer here is clearly less attracted to the moral implications of his scenario than the opportunity the Nazi regime affords him for spectacle. His camera swirls around planes and formations of soldiers as if it can’t wait for them to spring into action. They don’t, though, so what results is a lot of hand-wringing over very little. The impotence inherent in the plot becomes the overwhelming sensation, but it results in surprisingly little dramatic tension. Cruise is miscast and unmistakably American, no matter how many British character actors surround him.