• SHartery

★★★ Watched by SHartery 24 Apr, 2016

Cruise is cruise in it. Everyone around him is good and that third act is gripping.

• rossmclochness

★★★ Watched by rossmclochness 20 Apr, 2016

What's with Singer doing all this nazi shit? Thank god for tom cruise's lack of a German accent.

• Joe Bonelli

★★½ Watched by Joe Bonelli 18 Apr, 2016

A little Tom Cruise turns another forgettable WWII drama into one where I mostly think about how much I like looking at Tom Cruise with an eyepatch.

• James

★★★½ Watched by James 17 Apr, 2016

If you're a WWII buff, it's worth a watch. This is one story from WWII that isn't often told in Hollywood.

• Nathanial00

★★★★ Watched by Nathanial00 03 Jan, 2016

7.9/10
    Bryan Singer is one of my favorite directors working today, and this film is great.

• EvanstonDad

★★★ Added by EvanstonDad

Had a better actor than Tom Cruise been cast in the lead role, "Valkyrie" might have gone in some interesting directions. But it's Tom Cruise we get, and so "Valkyrie" ends up being a modestly exciting action film that staunchly resists the impulse to be anything special.

Cruise plays a German officer with anti-Hitler sentiments, who leads a covert operation to assassinate the dictator and stage a coup in the last days of WWII. The film is based on a…

• Jesús González

★★★ Watched by Jesús González 09 Apr, 2016

Por un momento deseé que esto fuera la representación de una realidad alternativa y no un hecho histórico real, algo así como lo que hizo Tarantino en "Malditos Bastardos" (2009), hubiera molado aún más y no nos hubiéramos sabido el final.

• Craig Hart

★★★★ Added by Craig Hart

A historical thriller based on the July 20, 1944 Plot by German military officers to assassinate Adolf Hitler and bring about an end to the war, you really can’t get a finer ensemble cast together in this day and age. The pedigree for the group involved, even if you remove Tom Cruise, still leaves you over a dozen solid actors (all European) to rely on: Kenneth Branagh, Tom Wilkinson, Bill Nighy, Eddie Izzard, Thomas Kretschmann, Christian Berkel, Terence Stamp. Directed…

• Robert Parker

★★★★ Rewatched by Robert Parker 24 Mar, 2016

As a huge fan of historical dramatization films, Valkyrie is probably my all time favorite.

• Nikki

★★½ Watched by Nikki 20 Mar, 2016

"The portrait will be unhung and the man will be hung"

This was an incredibly interesting story that I had never heard of and sincerely wish I had before this. That being said I did some research on the actually Stauffenberg and I don't think this movie did his story justice. I think I could have been executed better but I don't hate it.

• Jason

★★★ Watched by Jason 20 Mar, 2016

Why did Hitler have a German accent, while all the others had British or American accents? They all lived in the same country, this makes no sense! That kind of stuff bugs me.

This was okay.

• Kristina Slade

★★★ Rewatched by Kristina Slade 17 Mar, 2016

As always, Singer's film is beautifully composed and told. But most of the characters are stiffly one-dimensional and emoting to an operatic degree. Cruise in particular brings stoicism to an insufferable level.