• funsohng

Added by funsohng

Bryan Singer's historical thriller is nothing to write home about compared to his older works, but it's still an entertaining and meaningful experience.

• Col Todd

★★★★ Watched by Col Todd 11 Sep, 2014

Well crafted by Bryan Singer, holds yr interest even though you know how it ends. Loads of British and German character actors...oh and Tom Cruise. ..

• Curtis

★★★★★ Added by Curtis

It didn't matter that Bryan Singer directed one of the best thrillers of the past 20 years (The Usual Suspects), Tom Cruise in an eye-patch was enough of a reason to dismiss this movie sight unseen. Well, I was wrong.

• MatthewLB

★★★½ Watched by MatthewLB 11 Aug, 2014

This was a solid war movie with great acting.

• InSession Film

★★★½ Watched by InSession Film 01 Aug, 2014

Slow start but a great 2nd half. Tom Cruise is great as usual.

• Joe

★★★ Watched by Joe 04 Aug, 2014

Whenever he was talking about the different districts, I was wondering if the odds were going to be in his favor. Ultimately, they were not.

• redbeardriley

★★★ Added by redbeardriley

Okay, but ultimately a little dull (and this story should not be dull).

• kylegarvey

★★★ Added by kylegarvey

"Walkürenritt" starts playing soon enough, but the whole film is not a disaster overall. With Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg played by Tom Cruise (whose cult loyalty threatened to upset German production), VALKYRIE re-enacts 1944's 20 July plot to assassinate Hitler and use the Valkyrie national emergency plan to take control of Germany. The telling is fine here, by-the-books but fine, but the story itself is not the strongest. It ends up, after a lot of whooshy but boring back-and-forth politicking,…

• Spud

½ Added by Spud

I saw this with little hope that I would like it. I was proven correct very quickly. Perhaps something that bothered but shouldn't have, is that there seemed to lack any German accent. I understand they didn't want to have them speaking German, but having a German accent could have helped. Since the British, Germans, and French sounded the same. They all sounded British or American.

• Jordn Bastian

★★★ Watched by Jordn Bastian 15 Jul, 2014 3

When Ride of the Valkyries started playing I couldn't help laughing... Also I don't care that all the Germans and Nazis were played by Brits/Americans... What bugs me is that some of them do German accents while others don't even try?! I'd rather no one has an accent to be honest...

• syxxpac

★★★½ Added by syxxpac

Like Titanic, the inevitability of its ending is beside the point. It's the journey getting there, and Bryan Singer's well-made WWII suspense thriller has a strong true story to build his film around, milking the "When" and the "How" in lieu of the fact that Hitler obviously wasn't assassinated. With Singer's assured direction at the helm and his frequent collaborating writer Christopher MacQuarrie's tightly plotted script to navigate by, it's first-rate entertainment, if not quite as great as you might…

• ortolanph

★★★½ Watched by ortolanph 07 Jul, 2014

The movie depicts the operation Valkyrie that tried to kill Adolph Hitler and set Germany free from his acts. History tells us that he committed suicide and this operation has failed.

This is a good World War II movie because Americans aren't the heroes, the saviours of freedom. German men, in a act of treason, tried to get killed the most important men at their time. This is a fact that even German soldiers were not always happy with the Third Reich as seem on other movies.