• Rob Summers

★★★★ Rewatched by Rob Summers 23 Feb, 2015

Smart, tight, and compelling.

The amazing true story of Nazi's attempting to kill Hitler has been admirably shaped into a three act screen play by McQuarrie. Not an easy feat. Most historical films don't succeed at giving a Hollywood structure to real life. Plus, McQuarrie knows how to write the cool dialogue.

Tremendous cast bringing gravitas and wit to every performance. So many I would just name the whole cast if I started to pick some.

Cruise is commanding and…

• T_Jibbo

Watched by T_Jibbo 15 Nov, 2008

Zero stars. I laughed for an hour then left the theater. Good comedy.

• Grant Berridge

★★★½ Watched by Grant Berridge 24 Feb, 2015

A war film. Not much more.

Very nicely played, though I had a sense of deja vu throughout. I think it reminded me slightly of Inglourious Basterds (which is a perfect film). Valkyrie takes itself far more seriously.

The cast is absolutely superb. Tom Cruise: very cool. Bill Nighy: delightfully cowardly. Eddie Izzard: Eddie Izzard in a German uniform, which I find really distracting.

Like Titanic, this film suffers a bit from the fact that we know how it will…

• ZawMine

★★★½ Added by ZawMine

Tom cruise as always nailed it. One of the most underrated films of both director Bryan Singer and lead actor Tom Cruise.

• Katie

★★★★ Rewatched by Katie 20 Feb, 2015

I FUCKING LOVE HISTORICAL MOVIES!!!!

• Jamel Chhedi

★★★★ Rewatched by Jamel Chhedi 15 Feb, 2015

This is a pretty effective thriller and amazing story. It has strong performances from the cast and although you know how it ends for them the movie manages to give some hope and redemption in the postcredit notes.

• Brian Hann

★★★★ Added by Brian Hann

This true story of the plot to kill Hitler is a great watch. Tom Cruise is actually a spitting image of the real Colonel Claus Von Stauffenberg.

• Jameson Berthiaume

★★★ Watched by Jameson Berthiaume 07 Feb, 2015

Despite knowing how this mission plays out I thought they did good job building and maintaining suspense.

• Lior Hadar

★★★★½ Watched by Lior Hadar 06 Feb, 2015

Suspenseful, slow-burning recreation of an incredible story from history. Stunning production design adds tons of verisimilitude. Tom Cruise starts out as Tom Cruise but disappears into his role after about 10 minutes, and Bryan Singer's direction is sweeping without being overly glossy. The last 45 minutes or so are brilliant. It's an important film about an important topic.

• Chris Alley

Watched by Chris Alley 09 Aug, 2009

Surprisingly tense movie even though you know how it will end. The dvd has a great documentary about the real events worth checking out.

• Luke McGowan

★★★★★ Added by Luke McGowan

Tense and brilliantly accurate, this film tells one of the greatest stories of World War II.

• Americanguy

★★★ Added by Americanguy

There are always stories within the stories. It almost feels dirty to think of stories where Nazis did the right thing and yet I believe there must have been some.

The problem with Valkyrie Is that the first part of the film does not really connect, whereas the last 30 minutes have an intensity that saves it for me. Tom seems like he's sorta sleep walking through that first part, there's not much to do. some talking and non of…