• Josefa Ruz

★★★★ Added by Josefa Ruz

Historical dramas are most definitely my thing.

• Christian Steiner

Watched by Christian Steiner 06 Feb, 2016

Spannend, obwohl der Plot bekannt ist. Stark besetzt, obwohl Tom Cruise bis zum Schluss merkwürdig heraussticht. Stark, obwohl Singer vorher mit Superman Returns so daneben griff. Ich kann mich immer noch nicht entscheiden, was ich von dem Film halte.

Aber, was mir wirklich positiv auffiel ist der starke Einstieg und das langsame Aufbrechen der Sprachbarriere. Berits die Titel-Einblendung spielt mit der beiden Sprachen. Aus einem deutschen Voice Over von Tom Cruise wird langsam ein englisches. Schöne Idee und stark umgesetzt.

• William Zwicky

★★★★ Watched by William Zwicky 17 Jan, 2016

Couldn't take my eyes off it.

★★★★½ Watched by Owen Greenwell 29 May, 2009

Well crafted, acted, plotted. Tense even though you now the outcome.

★★★★½ Watched by Owen Greenwell 08 Jun, 2009

Even better the 2nd time. A complicated story where all the characters are made clear.

★★★★½ Watched by Owen Greenwell 08 Jul, 2010

A prime example of a complex plot rendered both understandable and gripping.

• Daniel Charchuk

★★★½ Watched by Daniel Charchuk 28 Dec, 2008

I didn't hate it, but it's definitely not anything special. It's basically the cinematic equivalent of a Dan Brown novel: goes down smooth, but doesn't give you any lingering side effects (for better or worse). It's entirely devoted to its thriller premise, and doesn't let anything distract from that - whether it be character development, interesting camerawork, or artistic direction of any kind. It's a movie with the sole purpose of telling its story, and while that may work for lesser viewers, I found the whole thing kinda bland. Entertaining, sure. Interesting, nah.

Meh.

• Alex_Baratheon

★★½ Rewatched by Alex_Baratheon 02 Jan, 2016

It's kinda strange that Valykrie gained any traction at all in Hollywood considering it's a World War II film about a German war hero, and stranger still that it actually got made. It's hard to figure out what exactly went wrong with Valkyrie, but I've a feeling that it all stems from the fact that Hollywood is just too tame for something like this.

Valkyrie opens up with the Wehrmacht Oath of Loyalty, followed up by a German voice-over in…

• schmone

★★★ Watched by schmone 05 Jan, 2016

somehow weird to watch a movie about nazis and hearing them speak english...
    there's quite a bit of suspense in the plot. I'm not so sure about tom cruise. the plot line with his family.... seems a little "hollywood-ized"

• Ryan Bradley

★★★ Added by Ryan Bradley

When it gets down to business, Valkyrie is a blast to watch for sure. It had the potential to be a lot more emotionally resonant, and it took strides to be, but I never quite felt like there was anything special about it in general. It's just a shame that there are so many other good World War 2 Nazi films.

Note: Not a huge fan of the language transition. It could have been done 100 times better, and less, I don't know, predictable.

6.7/10

• Jason Bally

★★★½ Added by Jason Bally

I think I ended up liking this more than a lot of people. It is heavier on the exposition than simply blowing stuff up, so have a little patience with it.

• John Sant