• Paul Docherty

★★★½ Watched by Paul Docherty 05 Jul, 2014

Good, but not good enough to transcend the fact everybody knows how the story turns out.

• Philip Heard

★★★★★ Watched by Philip Heard 04 Jul, 2014

A sad, tragic story. Though I knew the fate of the plot, I was still held in great suspense. Great cast and performances.

• whitsbrain

★★★ Watched by whitsbrain 15 Jun, 2014

Tom Cruise travels back in time to assassinate Hitler. Okay, that's not fair. Tom Cruise stars as Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg who leads a group of German Army officers who plot to kill Hitler.

This is by all accounts, a largely accurate retelling of the true story. It's a well-acted, great looking movie. It's exciting and interesting and Cruise is very good in his role. As I've stated before, he gets criticized unfairly too often. He is one of the…

• Yvette

★★★ Watched by Yvette 21 Jun, 2014

I was watching my baby nephew at the same time so I did get distracted at times. But what I saw, which was about 93% of the movie, I liked. I find anything WWII/Hitler so interesting. My brother-in-law who was also watching kept making fun of the slouch-shouldered Hitler. It was great. Tom Cruise wasn't his charming self but I forgive him, given the circumstance.

• Henrik Wilhelmsson

★★★★ Rewatched by Henrik Wilhelmsson 15 Jun, 2014

I found this very good. Complaining about the fact that the actors speak english is silly. I mean, come on people...where is your imagination?

Well-made and exciting.

• Bryan Loy

★★★ Watched by Bryan Loy 23 Mar, 2014

Valkyrie is a well-executed yet somewhat dry and stuffy World War II thriller. It's slow at times, but it's superbly acted and skillfully directed.

• Mustafa Özkan

★★★½ Added by Mustafa Özkan

Nice story.
    Nice acting.

• Thomas Ringdal

★★★½ Watched by Thomas Ringdal 01 Jun, 2014

First of all, for those nagging about the Cruiser and the rest of the British cast, if you desperately want a more authentic cast, seek out the earlier version with Sebastian Koch as the lead. Otherwise, shut it.

That goes for me as well, I guess, seeing as I stayed well clear of this until just now. I just didn't take it seriously.
    Still don't perhaps, but Singer manages to make this obvious tale somewhat tense at times, and the cast does well under the cirmustances (why Udo Kier decided on an American accent puzzled me somewhat, though).
    Decent Sunday evening flick, at the very least.

• Jack Caulfield

★★★★ Rewatched by Jack Caulfield 31 May, 2014

Despite the fact that the ending of Valkyrie is revealed as soon as you read the plot synopsis, and despite the fact that you have a principally American and British cast speaking with their native accents playing high-ranking German officers, this film works. Beyond all reasonable logic, it is tense, it is totes emoshe, and it is consummately directed. Tom Cruise is great so suck it haters.

• Joshua Hoover

★★★½ Watched by Joshua Hoover 30 May, 2014

Great story marred by Tom Cruise as a WWII German officer. With that casting in place I expected Hitler to be played by Captain Kangaroo.

• Eugene McCrann

★★½ Added by Eugene McCrann

It's hard to make byzantine what's historically irrefutable. Hitler wasn't assassinated, so how does one prolong the climatic train wreck? The film initially addresses this problem by proceeding as a venerable espionage piece, heavy on covert dialogue, underground meeting rooms, ambiguous terms - redressing the spy film from what James Bond has done to it. No CGI, no real action to even speak of. I was kind of digging it until the actual plan went into effect, at which point it reverts to a sleek heist film, devoid of any juicy details.

• Thirdmango

★★★½ Watched by Thirdmango 24 May, 2014

Sorta enjoyable, sorta boring. It was a cool story and there are some in the cast that acted really well. I've already forgotten most of the movie and I just watched it the other day.