• redbeardriley

★★★ Added by redbeardriley

Okay, but ultimately a little dull (and this story should not be dull).

• kylegarvey

★★★ Added by kylegarvey

"Walkürenritt" starts playing soon enough, but the whole film is not a disaster overall. With Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg played by Tom Cruise (whose cult loyalty threatened to upset German production), VALKYRIE re-enacts 1944's 20 July plot to assassinate Hitler and use the Valkyrie national emergency plan to take control of Germany. The telling is fine here, by-the-books but fine, but the story itself is not the strongest. It ends up, after a lot of whooshy but boring back-and-forth politicking,…

• Spud

½ Added by Spud

I saw this with little hope that I would like it. I was proven correct very quickly. Perhaps something that bothered but shouldn't have, is that there seemed to lack any German accent. I understand they didn't want to have them speaking German, but having a German accent could have helped. Since the British, Germans, and French sounded the same. They all sounded British or American.

• Jordn Bastian

★★★ Watched by Jordn Bastian 15 Jul, 2014 3

When Ride of the Valkyries started playing I couldn't help laughing... Also I don't care that all the Germans and Nazis were played by Brits/Americans... What bugs me is that some of them do German accents while others don't even try?! I'd rather no one has an accent to be honest...

• syxxpac

★★★½ Added by syxxpac

Like Titanic, the inevitability of its ending is beside the point. It's the journey getting there, and Bryan Singer's well-made WWII suspense thriller has a strong true story to build his film around, milking the "When" and the "How" in lieu of the fact that Hitler obviously wasn't assassinated. With Singer's assured direction at the helm and his frequent collaborating writer Christopher MacQuarrie's tightly plotted script to navigate by, it's first-rate entertainment, if not quite as great as you might…

• ortolanph

★★★½ Watched by ortolanph 07 Jul, 2014

The movie depicts the operation Valkyrie that tried to kill Adolph Hitler and set Germany free from his acts. History tells us that he committed suicide and this operation has failed.

This is a good World War II movie because Americans aren't the heroes, the saviours of freedom. German men, in a act of treason, tried to get killed the most important men at their time. This is a fact that even German soldiers were not always happy with the Third Reich as seem on other movies.

• Paul Docherty

★★★½ Watched by Paul Docherty 05 Jul, 2014

Good, but not good enough to transcend the fact everybody knows how the story turns out.

• Philip Heard

★★★★★ Watched by Philip Heard 04 Jul, 2014

A sad, tragic story. Though I knew the fate of the plot, I was still held in great suspense. Great cast and performances.

• whitsbrain

★★★ Watched by whitsbrain 15 Jun, 2014

Tom Cruise travels back in time to assassinate Hitler. Okay, that's not fair. Tom Cruise stars as Colonel Claus von Stauffenberg who leads a group of German Army officers who plot to kill Hitler.

This is by all accounts, a largely accurate retelling of the true story. It's a well-acted, great looking movie. It's exciting and interesting and Cruise is very good in his role. As I've stated before, he gets criticized unfairly too often. He is one of the…

• Yvette

★★★ Watched by Yvette 21 Jun, 2014

I was watching my baby nephew at the same time so I did get distracted at times. But what I saw, which was about 93% of the movie, I liked. I find anything WWII/Hitler so interesting. My brother-in-law who was also watching kept making fun of the slouch-shouldered Hitler. It was great. Tom Cruise wasn't his charming self but I forgive him, given the circumstance.

• Henrik Wilhelmsson

★★★★ Rewatched by Henrik Wilhelmsson 15 Jun, 2014

I found this very good. Complaining about the fact that the actors speak english is silly. I mean, come on people...where is your imagination?

Well-made and exciting.

• Bryan Loy

★★★ Watched by Bryan Loy 23 Mar, 2014

Valkyrie is a well-executed yet somewhat dry and stuffy World War II thriller. It's slow at times, but it's superbly acted and skillfully directed.