• A.C. Neel

★★½ Watched by A.C. Neel 04 Jun, 2015

Cool historical background information on an aspect of WWII that is not well known, but not a gripping or well-acted movie overall.

• The Movie King

★★★½ Watched by The Movie King 23 Jul, 2015 2

Honestly, I had no clue this story even existed. Maybe it's because I'm used to the common "all Nazis are evil" principle taught throughout history class or in American cinema (looking at you, Raiders of the Lost Ark!!!), but I honestly didn't know of this unsuccessful plot concocted by high-ranking German officials to assassinate Hitler. Thank you, Bryan Singer, for telling this story to the many that thought they knew WWII history but were blinded by their own common prejudice.…

• Erik Hawkins

★★½ Watched by Erik Hawkins 21 Jul, 2015

Pleasant in a quaint way. Also dull. And the American accents are truly distracting.

• Sam's Labyrinth

★★★½ Watched by Sam's Labyrinth 16 Jul, 2015

A solid historical thriller that isn't nearly as suspenseful or gripping as it should have been.

• Dale Hutchinson👌: Sept Challenged Individual

★★½ Added by Dale Hutchinson👌: Sept Challenged Individual

FUCK not even the Germans really liked Hitler

• Deven Seymour

★★★★ Watched by Deven Seymour 08 Jul, 2015

This movie did a great job of cranking up the tension, despite the fact that the audience knows the historical outcome.

I've read reviews where the reviewers complain of the actors speaking in their own American or British accents. Are you kidding me? In the beginning of the movie, director Bryan Singer uses a journal entry to pull a John McTiernan style language switch, making it very clear that regardless of the fact that the actors are speaking English, they…

• Rosp

★★½ Added by Rosp

Nota = 5,5

• Salt_and_Pepper

★★★ Added by Salt_and_Pepper

Cruise is a star and like most stars that's because he's actually very good at what he does. He focuses a very strong cast for what is a decent film, based on a true story about an assassination attempt on Hitler.

What I like about Valkyrie is that Hollywood finally have a look at WW2 showing that there were German people who saw what was happening and decided to fight back. For them to show that is important I think.…

★★★ Watched by YI JIAN 03 Jul, 2015 8

The illusion of risk. Drama without drama. English speaking German officers that completely gave up hiding their accents halfway through. Valkyrie portrays Adolf Hitler in the most non-threatening way possible and is the tamest and safest depiction of Nazi Germany I've ever seen.

• Bryan Colley

★★★★ Added by Bryan Colley

Impressive historical recreation that could use another half-hour of character development. Cruise's character at the end amounts to nothing more than a guy trying to get his wife on the phone - a cheap ploy to give him some humanity. It would have also been much better if it were in German, but at least it's not pretentious. It's a movie that's only about it's subject, so if that interests you, it's worth seeing. Script by Nathan Alexander and Christopher McQuarrie (Usual Suspects).

• Adam Chitwood

★★½ Rewatched by Adam Chitwood 15 May, 2015

Singer's clearly capable of making a good-looking movie, so why are Jack the Giant Slayer and X-Men: DOFP so ugly?

• Richard Trapp

★★★½ Rewatched by Richard Trapp 17 May, 2015

If you enjoy those classic '70's thrillers that relied on creating suspense rather than big action sequences, then I would definitely recommend Valkyrie to you.

It's not a perfect film, but it's a solid historical thriller, with a fine director behind the camera and a solid, low-key Tom Cruise in the lead. It moves along with a brisk pace and an engaging story, despite the fact that, if you're familiar with history, you already know how it's going to end.…