• Steve Rogers

★★★½ Watched by Steve Rogers 19 Jan, 2015

The last of 15 assassination attempts by the Germans, the movie recreates an attempt in 1944 by German officers who wish to overthrow Hitler and seek a truce with the Allied forces. You can probably deduce whether it succeeded or failed before seeing it, but it doesn't take away from the power of the movie. Unfortunately, what does is all the British accents - it's very confusing to hear an enemy's language and to accept it as the protagonists. Major detriment.

• Emma Lane

★★½ Watched by Emma Lane 27 Jan, 2009

VL, RE, MC & AS

• mr bupp

Watched by mr bupp 07 Jan, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

wtf Tom Cruise Butt shot

• Chris Ortman

★★★½ Watched by Chris Ortman 04 Jan, 2015

This is a well-crafted military thriller. Singer has assembled a stellar cast in service of a story of noble men of action who could no longer abide the atrocities of the Third Reich and their attempts to rid the world of true evil. The film does suffer a bit from the well-known results of the operation, which lessens some of the tension that makes thrillers riveting. Yet, this is still pretty exciting stuff.

• tjeckz

★★ Added by tjeckz

A German officer, disgusted by what his people are being forced to do, decides that the only way to save Germany and its people is to kill Hitler. He, along with a contingent of high-ranking German officials, makes and executes an elaborate plan to kill Hitler, stage a coups, and take over Berlin – but not everything goes to plan. Not a bad idea as a film, but it is hard for a story like this (which is mostly true) to gain momentum when history tells us that the plan fails. Mediocre acting doesn't help.

• Daniel Mumby

★★★½ Added by Daniel Mumby

After the release of Downfall, a German-language film about the last days of Adolf Hitler, it seemed no longer acceptable (or at least no longer credible) for Hollywood productions about Hitler and Nazi Germany to be produced in English. Action films like the Indiana Jones series will always be able to get away with it, as perhaps will slightly pretentious dramas like The Reader. But serious and self-conscious efforts, like Hitler: The Last Ten Days and The Bunker, can no…

• Maverick1701A

★★★★ Rewatched by Maverick1701A 30 Dec, 2014

"By nightfall I want to know that Hitler's Germany has seen its last sunrise."
    Valkyrie tells the true story of a group of German soldiers that plotted to kill Adolf Hitler. These men were tired of his promises and saw that his fight against the Allies was a futile one. They attempted to take control, and end the war to save as many German lives as they could. Tom Cruise plays Colonel Stauffenberg the man that is tasked with delivering…

• David Koenig

★★★ Added by David Koenig

Good adaptation of Operation: Valkyrie... I give Tom Cruise a pass for this one... (own on DVD)

• Number4fatty

★★★★ Added by Number4fatty

DA SHIT. DAT ENDING :(

• loogenhausen

★★★★ Added by loogenhausen

From my old Netflix reviews:

****

The best compliment I can give Valkyrie is that it is so well-made that it makes you actually believe for a moment that they might actually pull it off. Then reality hits back and you realize this will all end badly. That up-and-down of emotions perfectly fits Valkyrie and makes it one of the best thrillers in recent memory. It features one of the juiciest casts ever assembled in a modern film - Tom…

• SixteenSaltines

★★★½ Watched by SixteenSaltines 20 Dec, 2014

Decent historical thriller with great set design, visuals and some suspenseful sequences. Cruise is adequate in the lead direction by Singer is solid. The history behind these events is the main attraction here.

• IreWorks

★★★ Added by IreWorks

An interesting story that I am very glad to have made its way to the big screen. One of thousands of amazing stories from the war.

I wish I could really stomach this film. I gave it a 3 Star rating because it deserves this, or even better due to content, cast and writing.

I am unfortunately very put off by the complete lack of accurate accents. Some great casting decisions made, although I'm not sure through lack of direction…