• Giovanni

★★★★★ Rewatched by Giovanni 29 Jun, 2016

This filmé invented feminism, love, and the Spanish language

• Abril Zissou

★★★★ Rewatched by Abril Zissou 28 Jun, 2016

who run the world? girls

• Shikhar Verma

★★★★ Watched by Shikhar Verma 12 Jun, 2016

Pedro Almodóvar's Volver is a tribute to women. To the beauty, sacrifice, pain & hurt that a woman lives with. To the mother and the daughter and also to every single one that follows. To the past, to the present and to the afterlife.

It's a sprinkling and colorful, yet immensely gentle, entity of emotional connections between what makes and breaks a family. In Pedro's film there are a lot of things happening. On the center is a story of daughters…

• Andres Herrera

★★★★½ Added by Andres Herrera

"Don't say that, Raimunda, or I'll start crying. And ghosts don't cry."

Pedro Almodovar is a complete master of melodrama. The man is skilled in crafting illusive, tantalizing imagery, and charachters that are even more intriguing.

Volver is one of his best films, a celebration of womanhood. Told in the perspective of three different generations of spanish women. That even with the passage of time, still deals with futile men, sexual abuse and loneliness. The screenplay is absolutely phenomenal. Almodovar…

• Varghese Eapen

★★★★ Watched by Varghese Eapen 10 Jun, 2016

Almodovar or Spain's George Cukor as i like calling him for his penchant for creating strong female dramas. Penelope Cruz is in sizzling form who not only looks seductive but creates a strong impression. There are some powerful moments albeit i still don't rank it superior to either Talk To Her or All About My Mother. Wonderfully acted, the pain is self evident. I also loved the usage of the color red.

• Mike Cavaliere

★★★ Watched by Mike Cavaliere 17 Apr, 2007

I liked this movie and I really can't find or think of anything about it that I didn't like. But, for whatever reason, I wasn't entirely taken w/ it. Just wasn't THAT into it.

• hermannij

★★★★★ Rewatched by hermannij 02 Jun, 2016

Pedro Almodóvar's ultimate masterpiece. A true ode to women. I will keep re-watching this film till the day I die.

• Lionel

★★★★ Watched by Lionel 23 May, 2016

Another film with a tricky tonal mix that only Almodovar could pull off elegantly. This is a melodrama full of hardship, where a group of mostly-related women overcome messed-up circumstances through camaraderie and ingenuity; it's also got dry comedy, an unpredictable sense of pace that veers from crazy to casual and back again, and plenty of sweetness and charm. That all of these things feel like strengths and never clash with each other is a minor miracle, but it's not…

• Aaron T. Rex

★★★★ Watched by Aaron T. Rex 27 May, 2016 2

This is the kind of Almodovar where all the weird quirks work together to make something great. It's all over the place and never really lets you stay in one genre at a time. Keeps moving and keeps things interesting.

• fightclubitis

★★★★ Watched by fightclubitis 23 May, 2016

Preparing for Cannes 2016

"Se refiere a la maravillosa localidad de Alcanfor de las lnfantas, que, según las estadísticas, posee el mayor índice de locura por habitante."

besides how imaginative, fun and heartfelt this movie is, my god penelope cruz.

• suzanna

★★★★★ Watched by suzanna 21 May, 2016

every movie ever made should be about women and relationships between them...

p.s. when will every man just die

• John Salazar

★★★★½ Watched by John Salazar 19 May, 2016

This was my first Almodóvar film and I will enthusiastically be watching more. VOLVER is a small beautiful film that centers on the role of women in the Spanish culture, specifically their relationships with other women. It is a very female-driven film; if there were a male-version of the Bechtel test, this film would not pass, which is refreshing. Almodóvar incorporates surreal aspects into the film that rely on superstition and belief, making the narrative much more interesting but also giving an optimistic sense of the afterlife.