• mia parkes

★★★★★

once a man asked me why there are no men in this film and now it's my favourite

• lukenason95

The only film I'll ever like Penelope Cruz in

• Enelin

★★★★

Super film, veliko bolj zanimiv od Vse o moji materi. Penelope Cruz je odlična v vlogi Raimunde. Zabaven film, s komičnimi vložki.

• Nate Fisher

★★★½

pair with Julieta for examples of why I find Almodovar much more interesting from a structural perspective than from a stylistic one. Both films have lofty ambitions- to compress the weight of three dozen years of family history onto a small number of key moments. The most striking outcomes of this are the ways one character's earlier action can impact another's shifting identity, and how the very end of the film works in tandem with the very beginning. It's intermittently real impressive.

• audreyv

★★★★½

first time I saw this was in Spanish class (thanks srjc) so I decided to see it again in theaters because who needs to study chemistry, anyway

• Daniel Crooke

★★★★★

Completely transcends its reputation from Cannes as the farting ghost movie.

• William Kretschmer

★★★½

After her death, a mother returns to her home town in order to fix the situations she couldn't resolve during her life.

A sometimes humorous, sometimes quite dark exploration of women's lives in Spain; the female ensemble is excellent, and Almodóvar manages to tell a complex tale in a very light tone without losing any depth.

On renewed viewing: I still agree with my initial opinion.

• juliannemoore

I really enjoyed this. I have come to the conclusion that I seriously need to see more of Almodóvar's films.

• Kevin Jones

★★★★½

2006 Ranked

Starring a crazy, but close and fractured Spanish family, this one hit me pretty good. Though my family is not Spanish (Costa Rican, so they do speak the language), this film explores sexual abuse, death, and loneliness. Though my family does not have a history of sexual abuse (as far I know), the elements regarding the death of Irene (Carmen Maura) and her return to care for her sister and how she appears to her daughters to tie…

• Mohamed Sabry

well done almodóvar

• Misaelflores

★★★★

Ando haciendo el intento de ver todas las películas de Almodóvar que pueda en estas vacaciones, y en esta ocasión mi madre propuso que viéramos Volver. Años atrás la habíamos visto y a ella le encantó, pero a mí aún no me entraba el melodrama tan fácil y simplemente me olvidé de ella.

La película es sublime cada que aparecen en escena Penélope Cruz o Carmen Maura, sin quitarle mérito a Lola Dueñas. Esto es lo que hace Almodóvar con…

• Armon Mahdavi