• MsStackattack

★★★★★ Rewatched by MsStackattack 25 Aug, 2016

Fucking hell I love these movies.

• Dillon Freeman

★★★★ Watched by Dillon Freeman 24 Aug, 2016

Even though I had seen several films by Almodovar before and not been too impressed I decided to watch this to add it to my list of Cannes Best Actress winners. Even though it was very similar to his other works I had seen, this one was different! These incredible women are so captivating! Each and every one of them gave delicate performances and deserved their group win!

• Scott Bailey

★★★★★ Watched by Scott Bailey 20 Aug, 2016

When this film competed in the Cannes festival in 2006 all six female co-stars Penélope Cruz, Carmen Maura, Yohana Cobo, Blanca Portillo, Lola Dueñas and Chus Lampreave all received joint honours for best female actress that year. I try not to bring awards into my reviews, but I really think that speaks for itself for how well acted and this film actually is, and how great the casting is. All six women deliver equally great performances in my opinion and…

• zach

★★★★ Watched by zach 20 Aug, 2016

men whom?

• Goda

Watched by Goda 18 Aug, 2016

me gusta mucho el filmo. Es muy muy pequeno!

• Jacob C-S

★★★★ Watched by Jacob C-S 17 Aug, 2016

Another intriguing and bizarre film from the Spanish director. I still haven't loved or connected with any of his films so far, but they are all good and worth watching.

So much red!

• Rolf

★★★★ Rewatched by Rolf 08 Aug, 2016

Life gets pretty exciting for a fresh single-mum (Penelope Cruz) as she's suddenly has to deal with a dead husband and an appearance of her dead mother...
    If Pedro Almodovar wouldn't be gay he would drown in pussy. Sorry for my language but does ANYBODY write better roles for females? I don't think so. Also plot ideas like those in this movie shouldn't be working. At all. Still, Almodovar pulls it off so effortlessly. He always gets great performances from…

• Chris

★★½ Watched by Chris 12 Aug, 2016

Not the most interesting film I've ever seen.

• David Jenkins

★★★★½ Rewatched by David Jenkins 11 Aug, 2016

About 8,000 times weirder than I remember this film being. Cruz – scintillating, an all-timer, why the hell isn't she allowed to be doing stuff like this in other films and not standing around in a cat-suit next to Zoolander?

• Clarence Cabanero

★★★★½ Rewatched by Clarence Cabanero 06 Aug, 2016

Sweet and subtle. A confectionary melodrama brightened by a blast of color and the snappy comedy brought on by superstitions. But underneath its sheen is a tremendous story about women living their daily lives as best they could, without men to support them, and without needing them either. Really, this is a tribute to strong women. A-

• sonyaste2016

★★★★½ Watched by sonyaste2016 03 Aug, 2016

didn't actually plan anything for my birthday so here I am in front of the TV all day

• David!

★★★★½ Watched by David! 27 Jul, 2016

I want to live in this movie universe with all those gorgeous colours and just 4 guys in total