• Justin Swanson

★★★★½ Watched by Justin Swanson 17 May, 2015

Great cast, great story, well executed.

Penelope at her finest. Too bad she doesn't get more roles like these.

• Mauricio Xavier

★★★★½ Watched by Mauricio Xavier 09 May, 2015

The rare film that has twists which, rather than rooted only in a desire to make the plot crazier, are tonal more than anything. We go from crime thriller to supernatural comedy in hard, daring cuts, and they become connected purely through the strenght of the characters involved, and of the mind involved: Almodovar, his pervy instincts aside, shows a raw and intense love of womanhood in almost all its types, and makes an ensamble piece which actually has room for all sorts of different stories. Not something you see everytime.

• Daniblacksmoke

★★★½ Watched by Daniblacksmoke 16 May, 2015

Todos los detractores de Penélope Crúz deben ver esta película, está espectacular. Es mi primer encuentro con la filmografía de Almodóvar y aunque soy consciente de las extrencidades de su cine (sobre todo el de su época anterior a Todo sobre mi madre) con Volver me han entrado aún más ganas de ponerme al día con la obra del manchego más internacional, con permiso de Alonso Quijano.

• Marcos Araujo

★★★★ Watched by Marcos Araujo 03 May, 2015

Muito bom e surpreendente.

• R Stefaniuk

★★★★½ Added by R Stefaniuk

penelope cruz never shone so brightly as in this

• Andrew Neill

★★★★ Watched by Andrew Neill 08 Mar, 2015

I really liked this film, I had no idea going in and have heard a lot of good things about Almodovar but from people whose taste in films makes me worried about what I might be watching. I think this was more of a comedy than I originally thought it was going to be but in the end I smiled through a lot of this film and really enjoyed where the film went and the stories the characters went through.

• Ian Flick

★★★★½ Watched by Ian Flick 16 Apr, 2015

I've never been more attracted to Penélope Cruz than when she picked up that bloody knife.

• Bludgeoner86

★★★★ Watched by Bludgeoner86 13 Apr, 2015

Murder, ghosts, and scandal. Such is life in Spain. A place full of superstition and where they clean the tombstones of loved ones. This particular tale revolves around several women who are sisters. Penélope Cruz plays Raimunda, she and her daughter Paula live alone with her beer swilling boyfriend, Paco. That is until one day when he tries to make advances on Paula and ends up dead on the kitchen floor. Not to worry, the cover up is simple enough…

• Savannah Oakes

★★★★½ Added by Savannah Oakes

At the root of Volver is a story about loss and the past, (not surprising since the title translates to “Come Back) but despite these pessimistic themes it turns out to be surprisingly charming movie. The film focuses on the lives of two sisters, Raimunda (Penélope Cruz) and Sole (Lola Dueñas). At the beginning of the film they are visiting their Aunt Paula in the village/town they grew up in called La Mancha. It slowly discovered that the girls’ mother…

• Santiago Morales

★★★★★ Watched by Santiago Morales 21 Mar, 2015

Colosal. Hasta me ha hecho plantearme si los giros tan dramáticos habituales en el director no serán tanto problema. Si sus diálogos forzados no son una forma manierista y barroca de afrontar lo rutinario. Me han emocionado los paisajes manchegos (supongo que a mi pesar la sangre es la sangre), Penélope Cruz cantándole a su madre y, por supuesto, la vuelta de una auténtica MUSA: Carmen Maura.

Mi problema con Todo sobre mi madre (la cual me parece fabulosa) son…

• Matt Taylor

★★★½ Watched by Matt Taylor 16 Mar, 2015

A truly original story that remains consistently absorbing and oddly warm-hearted. When you step out of the film and analyze the story as a whole, not all of it makes sense and the story feels overcrowded with subplots and melodrama. But Almodovar has a way of taking the tale and making it a really powerful family drama that somehow manages to pull off all the ridiculous subplots.

Penelope Cruz is really terrific in the lead role, disappearing completely into the…

• androb78

★★★★ Watched by androb78 22 Feb, 2015

Revisión de 'Qué he hecho yo para merecer esto' con el estilo ya maduro... y la mirada viciada... Hay mil cosas de ella que me chirrían y sin embargo no puedo dejar de verla cada vez que se me pone por delante.