• Rosp

★★★½ Added by Rosp

Nota = 7,5

• Justin Geldzahler

★★★★½ Watched by Justin Geldzahler 20 Jul, 2015

The strong emotional undercurrent helps this movie soar and separate it from the director's other Hitchcock-melodrama pastiches. Funny, sweet, thrilling, touching. Every performance feels lived in, and even if the movie can be a bit shaggy, it's a lovely place to be.

• Tim Burnham

★★½ Watched by Tim Burnham 16 Jul, 2015

Perhaps I need another viewing to comprehend this film, but my first impression was that it was very scattered and kept hopping between tones and narratives without any noticeable reasons.
    The only tenuous link between the various characters and their stories is that they all come from a shared history of abuse and mistrust.
    Visually, there was not much on display, and the acting was perfunctory.

• Warren

★★★★★ Watched by Warren 12 Jul, 2015

I should have seen this in 2006. It's a long story, but I didn't. I wonder if my love affair with Almodovar would have started then, had I actually set down and watched it. But it doesn't matter. It was a gift to watch it today for the first time. This is really a fantastic outing, with Penelope Cruz and Carmen Maura turning in great performances. The story seemed like typical melodrama for much of the film (save for the…

• Michael Stuhlman

★★★★½ Watched by Michael Stuhlman 10 Jul, 2015

Few male directors love and appreciate women as deeply as Almodovar. Continuing his trend of high energy character study, Volver is part murder, part ghost story, part mother/daughter melodrama. Which can sound a bit confounding but trust me it's director is more than capable of twisting genres.

• kurt k

★★★★½ Watched by kurt k 29 Jun, 2015

theres something about spanish films/telenovelas and death

• ijustlike2watch

★★★ Watched by ijustlike2watch 27 Jun, 2015

Not my favorite Almodovar, but it's beautifully shot and has an insane narrative. Totally worth watching solely for how strong Cruz is in it.

• Daniela Loera

★★★★½ Watched by Daniela Loera 18 Jun, 2015

I wasn't a big Almodóvar fan before, but this film just made me change my mind completely. It's so freaking good. It's unpredictable, it makes you cry, it makes you laugh, it makes you feel terribly jealous of Penelope Cruz... it's just great. Plus, it's visually stunning (as most of Almodóvar's films). To sum up, just go watch it.

• gregoireg

★★★★½ Watched by gregoireg 18 Jun, 2015

Great acting, a wonderful soundtrack, and some breathtaking shots. I also really approved of how they ended it.

• Jeremy Koh

★★★★½ Watched by Jeremy Koh 01 Jun, 2015

The more I watch Almodovar movies the more I kick myself for not discovering him sooner. The man has such a rare talent writing and directing complex and complete women that he puts screenwriters everywhere to shame. Also, Penelope Cruz is amazing and the fact that she didn't pick up the Oscar is yet another sign of the injustice that is the Academy.

• Peter Floyd

★★★★★ Watched by Peter Floyd 01 Jun, 2015

Penélope Cruz should've won the fucking oscar.

• inri222

★★★★½ Watched by inri222 30 May, 2015

After the death of an aunt, the past comes back to haunt two sisters who left their troubles behind by moving from the country to the big city. Another gem from Almodovar filled with some of the best female characters ever captured on film.