• lopestangerino

★★★★ Added by lopestangerino

c'mon phantom

• horrorfan

★★★★ Watched by horrorfan 17 Jul, 2016

Once again Almodovar shows why he's an amazing director. After developing what seems like an implausible supernatural story all things are revealed and explained in a logical manner that ties everything together.

• Wyatt

★★★★½ Watched by Wyatt 17 Jul, 2016

This has to be a top 10 film for Danereys Targaryen because this movie breathes meaning into Valar Morghulis !!!

So I was hanging out with my friend today. We had gotten lunch and coffee and while we were headed out of the restaurant, I noticed a new used book store. We decided to take a peak and what a great find this store was. Not only were there used books, but there was an entire wall of used movies.…

• hannah

★★★★ Watched by hannah 14 Jul, 2016

aaaaa this film!!! it's so vivid and full of life - despite the graveyard, the deaths in past and present, the women of volver find colour and humour and beauty in even the darkest of times and their bonds only strengthen idk not to be Fake Deep i just really love this film!!!!

• Andrew James

★★★★½ Rewatched by Andrew James 10 Jul, 2016

Almodóvar; the master of primary color placement.

• Lucy

★★★★ Rewatched by Lucy 01 Jul, 2016

Como se echan de menos
    Nice flick tho, he always does weird situations but the drama of it somehow fits idk

• Giovanni

★★★★★ Rewatched by Giovanni 29 Jun, 2016

This filmé invented feminism, love, and the Spanish language

• Abril Zissou

★★★★ Rewatched by Abril Zissou 28 Jun, 2016

who run the world? girls

• Shikhar Verma

★★★★ Watched by Shikhar Verma 12 Jun, 2016

Pedro Almodóvar's Volver is a tribute to women. To the beauty, sacrifice, pain & hurt that a woman lives with. To the mother and the daughter and also to every single one that follows. To the past, to the present and to the afterlife.

It's a sprinkling and colorful, yet immensely gentle, entity of emotional connections between what makes and breaks a family. In Pedro's film there are a lot of things happening. On the center is a story of daughters…

• Andres Herrera

★★★★½ Added by Andres Herrera

"Don't say that, Raimunda, or I'll start crying. And ghosts don't cry."

Pedro Almodovar is a complete master of melodrama. The man is skilled in crafting illusive, tantalizing imagery, and charachters that are even more intriguing.

Volver is one of his best films, a celebration of womanhood. Told in the perspective of three different generations of spanish women. That even with the passage of time, still deals with futile men, sexual abuse and loneliness. The screenplay is absolutely phenomenal. Almodovar…

• Varghese Eapen

★★★★ Watched by Varghese Eapen 10 Jun, 2016

Almodovar or Spain's George Cukor as i like calling him for his penchant for creating strong female dramas. Penelope Cruz is in sizzling form who not only looks seductive but creates a strong impression. There are some powerful moments albeit i still don't rank it superior to either Talk To Her or All About My Mother. Wonderfully acted, the pain is self evident. I also loved the usage of the color red.

• Mike Cavaliere

★★★ Watched by Mike Cavaliere 17 Apr, 2007

I liked this movie and I really can't find or think of anything about it that I didn't like. But, for whatever reason, I wasn't entirely taken w/ it. Just wasn't THAT into it.