• kurt k

★★★★½ Watched by kurt k 29 Jun, 2015

theres something about spanish films/telenovelas and death

• ijustlike2watch

★★★ Watched by ijustlike2watch 27 Jun, 2015

Not my favorite Almodovar, but it's beautifully shot and has an insane narrative. Totally worth watching solely for how strong Cruz is in it.

• Daniela Loera

★★★★½ Watched by Daniela Loera 18 Jun, 2015

I wasn't a big Almodóvar fan before, but this film just made me change my mind completely. It's so freaking good. It's unpredictable, it makes you cry, it makes you laugh, it makes you feel terribly jealous of Penelope Cruz... it's just great. Plus, it's visually stunning (as most of Almodóvar's films). To sum up, just go watch it.

• gregoireg

★★★★½ Watched by gregoireg 18 Jun, 2015

Great acting, a wonderful soundtrack, and some breathtaking shots. I also really approved of how they ended it.

• Jeremy Koh

★★★★½ Watched by Jeremy Koh 01 Jun, 2015

The more I watch Almodovar movies the more I kick myself for not discovering him sooner. The man has such a rare talent writing and directing complex and complete women that he puts screenwriters everywhere to shame. Also, Penelope Cruz is amazing and the fact that she didn't pick up the Oscar is yet another sign of the injustice that is the Academy.

• Pierre

★★★★★ Watched by Pierre 01 Jun, 2015

Penélope Cruz should've won the fucking oscar.

• inri222

★★★★½ Watched by inri222 30 May, 2015

After the death of an aunt, the past comes back to haunt two sisters who left their troubles behind by moving from the country to the big city. Another gem from Almodovar filled with some of the best female characters ever captured on film.

• Justin Swanson

★★★★½ Watched by Justin Swanson 17 May, 2015

Great cast, great story, well executed.

Penelope at her finest. Too bad she doesn't get more roles like these.

• Mauricio Xavier

★★★★½ Watched by Mauricio Xavier 09 May, 2015

The rare film that has twists which, rather than rooted only in a desire to make the plot crazier, are tonal more than anything. We go from crime thriller to supernatural comedy in hard, daring cuts, and they become connected purely through the strenght of the characters involved, and of the mind involved: Almodovar, his pervy instincts aside, shows a raw and intense love of womanhood in almost all its types, and makes an ensamble piece which actually has room for all sorts of different stories. Not something you see everytime.

• Daniblacksmoke

★★★½ Watched by Daniblacksmoke 16 May, 2015

Todos los detractores de Penélope Crúz deben ver esta película, está espectacular. Es mi primer encuentro con la filmografía de Almodóvar y aunque soy consciente de las extrencidades de su cine (sobre todo el de su época anterior a Todo sobre mi madre) con Volver me han entrado aún más ganas de ponerme al día con la obra del manchego más internacional, con permiso de Alonso Quijano.

• Marcos Araujo

★★★★ Watched by Marcos Araujo 03 May, 2015

Muito bom e surpreendente.

• R Stefaniuk

★★★★½ Added by R Stefaniuk

penelope cruz never shone so brightly as in this