• Leo Marchezini

★★★★★ Watched by Leo Marchezini 24 Sep, 2016

PUTA QUE PARIU QUE FILMÃO DA PORRA TM

• Alan Jones

★★★½ Watched by Alan Jones 23 Sep, 2016

Bright, strange, enjoyable and always watchable with Penelope Cruz on screen so much. A bizarre slice of life which seems so outrageous is presented without judgement of forced humour.

• Chris

★★★ Watched by Chris 26 Nov, 2013

I just don’t see what all the fuss is about. Hardly any story, but strong performance from Penélope Cruz. As Doccortex said in his review, the film does "avoid classification in any of the tired old genre slots"

• Kevin Mears

★★★★ Watched by Kevin Mears 21 Sep, 2016

Intriguing story put together with great acting. And a red Cortina estate.

• Hugo Castillo

★★★★½ Watched by Hugo Castillo 16 Sep, 2016

Watched with unappreciative friends, but still was able to greatly appreciate it. Penelope Cruz is absolutely fantastic in this. And Almodóvar forever remains the best male director to portray women's stories without pandering (too much) to the male gaze (for the most part.)

• Luis_989

★★★★ Added by Luis_989

After this film Almodovar stop growing, and he hasn't been able to overcome it.

• Nick Malbeuf

★★★★★ Rewatched by Nick Malbeuf 10 Sep, 2016

"Are you hurt?"
    "No, it's just women's troubles."

Ha! HaHA! HAhaHAha! HAHAHAHAHA! Oh, boy... Oh... boy... Good one, Pedro, good one.

• Raster Image

★★★★ Rewatched by Raster Image 04 Sep, 2016

Volverto come back

Going back to this classic a few days after watching Julieta; just a few observations.

• The beautiful, stylised graphic imagery and the exquisite lighting blew my mind.

• As in Julieta, the colour red is a thing.

• As in Julieta, nice orchestral music by Iglesias, although he slides it around the action more cleverly in Julieta.

• As in Julieta, multiple story threads are expertly woven together; mistakes and secrets from the past…

• Milla 💫

★★★★★ Added by Milla 💫

Almost every Almodovar movie becomes a thriller. Sensational.

• Orla Smith

★★★★ Watched by Orla Smith 03 Sep, 2016

Volver is gorgeous, unpredictable and incredibly entertaining. What Almodovar puts in front of the camera is visually captivating, and the plot he presents us with is fascinatingly twisty and rich, but that's all held together by a true soul, the familial bonds working and shifting, played so brilliantly by these actors.

Over the past few weeks I've had my eyes opened to Penelope Cruz. I'd never properly considered her before, having seen her in not much more than insignificant supporting…

• alice carrick

★★★★½ Watched by alice carrick 03 Sep, 2016

ANOTHER feminist masterpiece - this has been a Good Day.

honestly why do we not have more well-written women-led films like this (written by a man no less!!!!) ????

• MsStackattack

★★★★★ Rewatched by MsStackattack 25 Aug, 2016

Fucking hell I love these movies.