• avfchunt1996

Visuals/Cinematography: 7/10
    Script/Dialogue: 8/10
    Ending: 6/10
    Enjoyment: 2/10

Overall: 5.5/10

• Bert Hamaltoics

★★★★ Rewatched by Bert Hamaltoics 29 Apr, 2016

Captivating subjects discussing rich topics while being presented in a visually engrossing format. What's not to like?

• Chris Williams

★★★★½ Rewatched by Chris Williams 28 Apr, 2016

I think it might be the closest you can get to reliving college life, spending your days in books, your evenings in conversation and your nights dreaming about those things. A wonderfully trippy tale that celebrates this wonderful, weird, incomprehensible thing called consciousness.

• La Pantalla Invisible
  • Jamie

★★★★★ Watched by Jamie 25 Apr, 2016

Need to see it 500 more times before I could say anything comprehensible about it, and rating it seems pointless, but I loved it.

• James

★★★★½ Watched by James 24 Apr, 2016

I'm still digesting this movie. Ideas and thoughts to wrap your mind around are plentiful, but I don't think that's what my thoughts are on.

Rather, I feel that Waking Life is staying with me this long because of its presence. I didn't feel fulfilled at the end, but I definitely want more. The film is a dreamscape, a gorgeous one at that. Like a dream, not everything falls into place. Waking Life doesn't care though. It just wants to…

• Jackson Goldsworthy

★★★★★ Rewatched by Jackson Goldsworthy 24 Apr, 2016

One of the great moviegoing experiences of my life.

To immerse yourself in Richard Linklater's "Waking Life" is to experience cinema in its purest form: hypnotic, undiluted and utterly transcendent. Throughout the course of the film, we follow a nameless protagonist as he attempts to navigate (and make sense of) a surreal, multilayered dreamworld.
    Linklater attempts to replicate something of the dream-experience as we all know it, where bizarre imagery, fragmented memories and seemingly random events all add up to…

• Tim Lawrence

★★★★½ Rewatched by Tim Lawrence 21 Apr, 2016

As fascinating as ever. I suspect I now have a better handle on what's really going on here (the Holy Moment scene and final speech from Linklater seem like the keys).

• Andrew Jones

★★★★★ Watched by Andrew Jones 17 Apr, 2016

Phillip K. Dick didn't know he was dreaming

• Tim

★★★ Watched by Tim 17 Apr, 2016

Waking Life is a very heady film -- while I enjoyed it and would definitely watch it again, I need to be in the right mood next time I give it another watch. Much like Linklater's other films, Waking Life tackles subject matter about life, existing, dreaming, being concious, and probably a ton of other things that I didn't pick up or comprehend upon this viewing. I LOVE the animation though -- beautiful rotoscoping that I think is even more intriguing than A Scanner Darkly's animation.

• Ziad El Shal

★★★★★ Watched by Ziad El Shal 16 Apr, 2016

you do not just watch Richard Linklater movies you experience it you live it and in that case, you dream it.
    Roger Ebert didn't lie when he listed it as one of the best films of the decade this movie is so interesting so weird and mind-blowing it's definitely a masterpiece.

• Eric King

★½ Rewatched by Eric King 16 Apr, 2016

I felt like giving this another shot because I like Linklater and I think he has an interesting cinematic voice. That being said...

While I enjoy a good rotoscope as much as the next fella, I felt like I was listening to a swarm of 18 year old assholes trying to out dick each other by regurgitating their Philosophy 101 homework at an expensive coffee shop.

Also, Alex Jones is given a segment in  this.