• Kim Queiroz

★★★★ Watched by Kim Queiroz 03 Feb, 2016

"So we're walking along, and Lady Gregory turns to me and says, "Let me explain to you the nature of the universe. Now Philip K. Dick is right about time, but he's wrong that it's 50 A.D. Actually, there's only one instant, and it's right now, and it's eternity. And it's an instant in which God is posing a question, and that question is basically, 'Do you want to, you know, be one with eternity? Do you want to be…

• carbls

Watched by carbls 02 Feb, 2016 1

Only the first half

• OMC

★★★★★ Added by OMC 1

"Things have been tough lately for dreamers. They say dreaming is dead, no one does it any more. It's not dead it's just that it's been forgotten, removed from our language. Nobody teaches it so nobody knows it exists. The dreamer is banished to obscurity."

The above quote is one of many pearls you will discover when watching Waking Life. This is what I would call a truly fantastical film. Sure, the connection between cinema and dreaming has been made…

• Matthew O'Donnell

★★★★ Watched by Matthew O'Donnell 31 Jan, 2016

Certainly one I'm going to have to watch again. Really did feel like I was drifting through so many different things that a lot of could have gone over my head.

It looked great, though, and even if some of it sounded way too complicated to be taken seriously, I had a lot of fun with it.

• jakeperalta

½ Watched by jakeperalta 11 May, 2015

this film tries to be insightful but comes off as elitist and pretentious. truly boring and awful, a total waste of time.

• Onomatocreampie

★★★½ Added by Onomatocreampie

pseudo intellectual as fuck but its still good

• Aaron T. Rex

★★★½ Watched by Aaron T. Rex 24 Jan, 2016

It seems like one of those that you could rewatch many times and keep finding new interesting things. Or maybe it isn't as deep as it seems. Either way, it's earned a spot on the rewatch list somewhere down the line, so I guess that counts for something.

• Arlowe_

★★★★ Watched by Arlowe_ 24 Jan, 2016

I fell asleep just as I finished this but unfortunately, no lucid dreams for me. :(

• Blots

★★★★ Rewatched by Blots 20 Jan, 2016

Waking Life was made at a time when flash animation had reached its precipice. The internet, as nascent as it was, had touched the collective consciousness of artists enough to have an influence, and you can trace 'Waking Life's technical style directly back to those little animations and even further back - vector graphics, clip-art, etc. The artists on this film took what little was technically possible and pushed it in all directions, throwing out traditional animation style guides in…

• Brooke Willis

★★★ Added by Brooke Willis

I love this film for sentimental reasons. I think it's really hilarious that Alex Jones is in this, which happened before everyone realized what a total asshole he is.

• Radvva

★★★★★ Added by Radvva

"The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure while always arriving."

This movie is smart and will keep you thinking, it's beyond me that people keep talking about Before Sunrise and Before Sunset when Richard Linklater made movies like this and A Scanner Darkly.

• Zack Neuman

★★★★½ Rewatched by Zack Neuman 17 Jan, 2016

Truly a film that is heavy on the mind. It gets overwhelming, trying to make sense of all the topics they hit. Second time watching this, and it didn't disappoint.