• Skim Piff

★★★½ Watched by Skim Piff 28 Jan, 2015

Richard Linklater has a knack for getting away with making movies without a plot. His first movie, Slacker, his latest movie, Boyhood. This is one of two animated movies Linklater has done. I still have to see A Scanner Darkly, which looks like it isn't just an experiment, since it's based on a book, and books usually have a central plot going for them.

What takes up most of this movie is the kid from Dazed & Confused (a really good…

• Nick Darden

★★★ Watched by Nick Darden 25 Jan, 2015

WAKING LIFE REVIEW

Waking Life is a trip. I felt like I was on Acid the entire time. I didn't know if I was dreaming or watching Waking Life. It's totally unique. The conversations are really good but sometimes I was distracted by the animation. The scenes with Richard Linlakter and the scenes with Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy were my favorite parts of the film. I feel like this film needs multiple viewings to fully appreciate. Richard Linklater never…

• Rebecca Fullstop

★★★★★ Watched by Rebecca Fullstop 25 Jan, 2015

aaaAAAHHHhhh

• Edwin Davies

★★★★ Rewatched by Edwin Davies 23 Jan, 2015

Linklater's Slacker redux is as hazy and shimmering as its animation, though that's no bad thing when the haziness is entertaining and provocative. It makes good use of the form by constantly shifting style, a choice which doubles as a potent metaphor for the director's own restless curiosity.

• Jhessika Takassaki

Watched by Jhessika Takassaki 21 Jan, 2015

Eu achei tedioso, vi os primeiros minutos do filme e depois pulei e assisti alguns minutos, depois disso pulei pra ver o final do filme, admiro o diretor Richard Linklater, mas não nesse filme, diálogos parados, não havia um "roteiro", considerei como apelação... opiniões rancorosas e devaneios, ficou chato pra um longa. E o modo como foi filmado, é bacana e tudo mais, só que eu prefiro "A Scanner Darkly", e não gostei muito da animação que aparecia quando algo explicava sobre algo, achei desnecessário.

• Felipe Nicéas

★★★★ Added by Felipe Nicéas

Richard Linklater tem meu respeito principalmente por ter realizado uma trilogia simplesmente fantástica "Antes do Amanhecer, Antes do Pôr do Sol e Antes da Meia-Noite", mas há alguns trabalhos do diretor que são desconhecidos por algumas pessoas, um deles é Waking Life, uma animação adulta e repleta de mensagens que podem atrapalhar o interesse de alguns, mas se você prestar bem atenção é um trabalho fascinante e que felizmente faz parte de meu acervo.

• SethTalksFilm

★★★½ Watched by SethTalksFilm 19 Jan, 2015 2

Seeing as how much I've enjoyed Richard Linklater's work over the past year, I decided to finally give Waking Life a watch. I've known about this film for years, but I've sort of avoided it. I don't know if it was the strange style or what, but something was holding me back. After seeing it, I still don't exactly know how I feel. This is a surreal experience, unlike anything else I've seen. The 100 minute run time consists entirely…

• CharlieMcCrary

★★★★ Rewatched by CharlieMcCrary 18 Jan, 2015

Waking Life can be overwhelming at the beginning and for sure may cause some motion sickness, but it is a very interesting movie that gets you to rethink many different ideas in your life.

• Losa

★★★★½ Watched by Losa 19 Jan, 2015

Guh. I watched this late at night, fell asleep, and then continued it in the morning. Irony, maybe? Since this movie is about lucid dreaming. But it's also about so much more than that. IS EVERYTHING A DREAM?!

So many things to say...I think Linklater's originality is so refreshing; I love his honest and intelligent approach to everything.
    His dialogue always really makes me think.

I will continue to watch more of his films.

• Mateoismyname_o

★★★★ Watched by Mateoismyname_o 18 Jan, 2015

This film took me on a stranger-than-life experience. It explores some of the most provocative concepts that define our reality. The way it was colored and moved made me actually feel what they were discussing, and stimulated my entire brain for its duration. My only issue was that it seemed to pick at these concepts, but it seemed relatively redundant in the lack of resolutions provided. But, as illustrated by the perpetual dream into another dream, perhaps that is exactly the point, that we are in a state of permanent sleep. A very self-aware and thought-provoking film.

• Gerardo PC

★★★★ Added by Gerardo PC

El mundo de los sueños es tan fascinante como misterioso.

Desde hace mucho que conozco los sueños lucidos pero nunca he querido experimentar con ellos por lo que dicen en algunas partes de la película de que un segundo en la vida real puede ser una vida entera en un sueño.

• JC13

★★★ Watched by JC13 10 Jan, 2015 15

"Hey, are you a dreamer?"

Richard Linklater's Waking Life is an odd film. It has no plot, but then again many of his films don't. Unfortunately this one didn't work for me. It lost my interest pretty quick. Sure it had its moments, but was pretty dull overall. Also I wasn't a fan of the animation style. 6/10