• Jamestuddsworth

★★★½ Watched by Jamestuddsworth 20 Apr, 2014 3

Don't really get the hate on this one.

• Despoina

Watched by Despoina 16 Apr, 2014

There's only one instant, and it's right now. And it's eternity.

• Fay Partylikeablonde

★★★★★ Added by Fay Partylikeablonde

:I feel like my transport should be an extension of my personality. And this is like my little window to the world... and every minute's a different show. I may not understand it. I may not even necessarily agree with it. But I'll tell you what I've accepted: just sort of glide along. You want to keep things on an even key, this is what I'm saying. You want to go with the flow. The sea refuses no river. The…

• Hoss Ghonouie

★★★★★ Watched by Hoss Ghonouie 06 Apr, 2014

The best dream inducer ever

• Danny Webster

★★★½ Watched by Danny Webster 08 Apr, 2014

Film #8 from Matt Jamieson's list

Richard Linklater's Waking Life is a strange film as admittedly the first 20 minutes were unbearably awful - and didn't really make much sense but as it went along, it got to a point of at least making basic sense. Philosophical ramblings start to make sense, and the main character starts to get involved and whilst the story is a simple one:- an unnamed man tries to escape his perpetual dream-like cycle of constant…

• Pyrohemian

★★★★½ Watched by Pyrohemian 26 Mar, 2014

On paper Waking Life reads like a terrible movie, a man has philosophical conversations with a series of different people in a completely animated world, but in reality is a profound presentation of reality. The actual story of the film is very thin but it doesn't really matter as this is one of those films that is more of an experience than a story.

• Dnl Crnll

★★★★ Added by Dnl Crnll

I like that Richard Linklater tries new things. And like Before Sunrise his dialogue driven movies are interesting even if they do occasionally go into the realm 3 bong philosophy.

• manofTao

★★★★★ Added by manofTao

Wacky film about a dream within a dream within another dream and the metaphysical diatribe that ensues

• Daniel Sarath

★★★★ Watched by Daniel Sarath 28 Mar, 2014

Captured on mini DV cameras and then rotoscoped to create a psychadelic form of animation, Richard Linklater's film is bizarrely brilliant in an aesthetic sense. The style is also fitting for a film that explores the lines between dreams and waking life. The narrative-free film is set around a series of conversations on this topic; some of which are fascinating, some of which are exhausting, but all of which will rattle around my head for a long time.

• Ross McRae

★★ Watched by Ross McRae 26 Mar, 2014

I bought this about three years ago after watching A Scanner Darkly, which I loved, and it's taken me that long to watch it.

Linklater's films are always very philosophical, filled with theories and ideologies, but the advantage they have over this effort, is the ideas presented are easy to understand. There's nothing wrong with big ideas, but without any structure holding them together they're just splurges of pretentious word vomit, largely unrecognizable to the lamen,but who'll occasionally identify a…

• Chimerautomaton

★★★★★ Watched by Chimerautomaton 22 Mar, 2014

It made me think and my head really hurt.
    But it was amazing anyway.

• ocdpictures