• DSfilms

★★★★½ Added by DSfilms 1

Great film.An epic film with a nice beautiful and emotive story.
    About a survivor horse in the World War I,and all his owners.
    It coulded be boring,but is really entertained,meaby too long.
    Another masterpiece from Steven Spielberg

• Matt Brown

★★★★½ Rewatched by Matt Brown 01 Aug, 2015

Finally, some fucking cinema

• Willem Hattingh

★★ Added by Willem Hattingh

I really can't remember much of anything about this film at all. Could have done with an anaesthetist to accompany me during the cinema screening I went to with my family for it, though I don't think the experience I had with the film would've been any different anyway.

• alexbhades

★★★ Watched by alexbhades 23 Jun, 2012

Factura impecable, fotografia de libro. Spielberg haciendo lo que le apetece, por eso es un maestro.
    Pero:
    Es un cuento heroico para emocionarnos, para que lloremos, aplaudamos y ya.
    Toda la sangre que sale en la película, que no deja de ser bélica, es del caballo, y no digo que este mal, solo que yo disfruto mucho más con otro cine.
    Le pese a quien le pese para algo así me quedo con Seabiscuit.

• RJSit10

★★★ Added by RJSit10

In the land of weak Spielbergian fathers, and hand-wringing Spielbergian mothers, some beautiful photography occurs, while John Williams plays to the second balcony.

This is the kind of film that used to be a sure-thing for Oscar bait. It really is lovely CINEMA, but borrowed rather unapologeticly from other films, some of them Spielberg's own.

Horses film beautifully even when dirty, and No Man's Land has never looked more futile. I think we may be saturating ourselves on WWI already,…

• mmund2

★★½ Added by mmund2

spielberg's weakest war movie, adds nothing new, and tries to manipulate your feelings
    ending scene looks amazing tho

• Rosp

★★★ Added by Rosp

Nota = 6

• Dave

★★½ Watched by Dave 06 Jun, 2015

I'm not much of a Spielberg fan, so I wasn't really surprised that I couldn't wait for War Horse to finish. I thought it was slow and boring, although perhaps if you like animals you'll connect more with its "a boy and his horse" storyline. Its cast is impressive, its music nice, but I just couldn't get into it.

• mfulton

★★½ Added by mfulton

C+

• Pat1212

★★★★½ Added by Pat1212

In its initial release, I thought it was a visually stunning chore to sit through. Of course, I was going through a cold during that week, so naturally, I decided to give it another shot a couple of years later.

Truly glad I did. I don't know if it's quite Spielberg's best work (that still belongs to E.T.), but it's an absolutely stunning achievement, and easily one of the best films to be released in 2011. What can I say? I'm a sucker for sentiment.

Also, BEST. SUNSET. EVER.

• Dalton Henderson

★★★½ Added by Dalton Henderson

A great story of the life of a horse.

• Aditya Bhagirath

★★½ Watched by Aditya Bhagirath 25 Jun, 2015

Film Number 27 of Aditya's Scavenger Hunt Challenge No. 3

Day 23, Task No, 8 - A film about a horse

War Horse

If you want an example of when a great filmmaker adapts a great story into something strangely underwhelming and treacly, look no further.

Where to begin with War Horse? It's just so incredibly cloying and forced. I didn't particularly feel anything for any of the characters. What was an expertly written book by Michael Morpurgo was adapted…