• jto111

★★★ Added by jto111

A good adaptation from director Steven Spielberg.

• matt lynch

★★★★ Rewatched by matt lynch 04 Feb, 2016 1

Powell and Pressburger's "Wonderful World of Disney".

• Charlie

★★★ Rewatched by Charlie 04 Feb, 2016

For the most part this was good, it just lacked interest and having first seen this as a child it didn't connect with me the same way this time, I love Spielberg and he certainly knew what he was doing, the story just didn't connect to me.

• James

★★ Watched by James 30 Jan, 2016

I kinda get the feeling Spielberg got a free pass on this one because he's, well, Spielberg.

• Rembrandt Q Pumpernickel

★★ Watched by Rembrandt Q Pumpernickel 28 Jan, 2016

No wars were critiqued during the making of this film.

• JackieGigantic

★½ Added by JackieGigantic

Boy people sure fucking love that play that's popular almost exclusively because of the elaborate horse puppets it employs. Let's see how much more amazed they are when we show them REAL HORSES!!!

• pstead

★★★½ Watched by pstead 23 Jan, 2016

A romanticised, idealistic view of war maybe, but Spielberg knows how to make a movie.

• James Gardiner

★★★½ Watched by James Gardiner 19 Jan, 2016

Obviously Spielberg was going to nail the "war is hell" angle during that incredible, apocalyptic chunk in the third act, but the best element might be how casually the war begins and ends. In the course of a single scene on either end of the movie, a simple declaration and a ringing of bells signal how meaninglessly conflict begins and ends.

• NamelessMe

★★★★ Watched by NamelessMe 15 Jan, 2016

It's a beautiful created story about the loyalty, the war and the bravery. This film shows the World War 1 between England and Germany. It made me think what a terrible place this world really is because of the cruelty between human beings.

• Vanessa

Rewatched by Vanessa 16 Jan, 2016 1

If you ever think about taking the Oscars seriously just remember that this piece of trash was nominated for 6 awards.

• Kishan Kumar

★★★★½ Watched by Kishan Kumar 16 Jan, 2016

War Horse is a sentimental, emotionally absorbing drama set during the first World War. This film is one of Mr. Spielberg's finest works in terms of pure filmmaking craftsmanship. Mr. Williams' score is perfect, and truly brings Mr. Spielberg's vision to life and aptly sets the different moods and tones of the film's events. The film also, to me, seems to contain elements of Robert Bresson's "Au Hasard Balthazar," though I'm not quite sure if the two films should be…

• essienessie

½ Added by essienessie

This is the worst piece of shit movie ever. It wasn´t even fun to make fun of, all terrible everything except for the goose in the beginning.
    I would rather kill myself in the face then having to watch this movie again.