• Gunther Ramysen

★★½ Watched by Gunther Ramysen 25 Aug, 2014

When the film started my expectations were still raving, but when you got through the first part the whole movie falls apart. It was a disturbing thing to see this coming from one of the best directors.

• vlarya

★★½ Added by vlarya

Ez a film egy lóról szól.

• moviedave

★★ Rewatched by moviedave 05 Aug, 2014

farmer buys a horse, his son trains it. along comes WW1. farmer sells horse to army cavalry.

horse exchanges hands several times. army captain, Germans, French, Germans again.

an average movie if not a little too long 2hour 20 mins.

what should have been a heart-warming story felt a little sterile to me. just couldn't make an attachment to the horse at all. so wasn't really bothered what happened to it.

would have been better as a cgi with the horses talking, at least they would have had a personality

NAAAGGGGHHH Good!

• MatthewLB

★★★★ Watched by MatthewLB 30 Jul, 2014

Wow this horse is amazing. Okay what did I think about this movie well I can say that it is the best movie of 2011, just a great film with a good score.

• Daniblacksmoke

★★★½ Watched by Daniblacksmoke 10 Jul, 2014

72/100

• kyrak

★★★½ Watched by kyrak 13 Jul, 2014

I dismissed this as another sappy Spielberg film after seeing the original marketing campaign. I was wrong. It's not Spielberg's best, but I found this very underrated. There was a lot that I didn't expect - a wandering story that introduced a patchwork of varying stories during WWI, some glorious shots, and a sentimental story arc that maintains interest without getting into cringe territory. It's a fairly epic tale told in the classic style. I enjoyed it.

• Sarah Shachat

★★★★ Added by Sarah Shachat

All Steven Spielberg needed while directing this John Ford tribute album was an eyepatch, and any lover of Ford's or the broad, unabashedly sentimental (elevating, if you prefer) pictures have to appreciate the achievement. It's a brave film to make in the face of The Hurt Locker, or more caustic portraits of combat. In a number of ways, War Horse is an HD spectacle benefiting from both romantic tradition and modern advantages. Cinematographer Janusz Kaminski is in the flower of…

• griezmann

★★★★½ Added by griezmann

- great!!!!!!
    - boring during SOME parts but you get over it
    - david kross
    - almost jeremy irvine

• Derek Diercksmeier

★★ Added by Derek Diercksmeier 3

My favorite Spielberg film.

• Alfie_Packham

★★ Watched by Alfie_Packham 07 Jul, 2014

"Okay can we move in for the extreme close-up shot of the goose now."

• Hadaraqui

★★★★ Watched by Hadaraqui 06 Jul, 2014

Spielberg toma una novela en la que la voz protagonista es la de un caballo para hacer un homenaje al cine clásico, sobre todo a John Ford. Se nota en la fotografía, en el montaje, en esa primera parte que tanto recuerda a El Hombre Tranquilo. Por otro lado, el tomar como punto de partida una novela narrada por un caballo supone un lastre, ya que nos van contando las pequeñas aventuras del caballo durante la guerra, presentando a unos…

• spotlessmind

★★★★★ Rewatched by spotlessmind 07 Jul, 2014

Es increíble la belleza de esta película. Y su espíritu. Y su sentimiento. Y su inteligencia.