• MatthewLB

★★★★ Watched by MatthewLB 30 Jul, 2014

Wow this horse is amazing. Okay what did I think about this movie well I can say that it is the best movie of 2011, just a great film with a good score.

• Daniblacksmoke

★★★½ Watched by Daniblacksmoke 10 Jul, 2014

72/100

• kyrak

★★★½ Watched by kyrak 13 Jul, 2014

I dismissed this as another sappy Spielberg film after seeing the original marketing campaign. I was wrong. It's not Spielberg's best, but I found this very underrated. There was a lot that I didn't expect - a wandering story that introduced a patchwork of varying stories during WWI, some glorious shots, and a sentimental story arc that maintains interest without getting into cringe territory. It's a fairly epic tale told in the classic style. I enjoyed it.

• Sarah Shachat

★★★★ Added by Sarah Shachat

All Steven Spielberg needed while directing this John Ford tribute album was an eyepatch, and any lover of Ford's or the broad, unabashedly sentimental (elevating, if you prefer) war pictures of old Hollywood have to appreciate the achievement. It's a brave film to make in the face of The Hurt Locker, or more caustic portraits of combat. In a number of ways, War Horse is an HD spectacle benefiting from both romantic tradition and modern advantages. Cinematographer Janusz Kaminski is…

• griezmann

★★★★½ Added by griezmann

- great!!!!!!
    - boring during SOME parts but you get over it
    - david kross
    - almost jeremy irvine

• Derek Diercksmeier

★★ Added by Derek Diercksmeier 3

My favorite Spielberg film.

• Alfie_Packham

★★ Watched by Alfie_Packham 07 Jul, 2014

"Okay can we move in for the extreme close-up shot of the goose now."

• Hadaraqui

★★★★ Watched by Hadaraqui 06 Jul, 2014

Spielberg toma una novela en la que la voz protagonista es la de un caballo para hacer un homenaje al cine clásico, sobre todo a John Ford. Se nota en la fotografía, en el montaje, en esa primera parte que tanto recuerda a El Hombre Tranquilo. Por otro lado, el tomar como punto de partida una novela narrada por un caballo supone un lastre, ya que nos van contando las pequeñas aventuras del caballo durante la guerra, presentando a unos…

• spotlessmind

★★★★★ Rewatched by spotlessmind 07 Jul, 2014

Es increíble la belleza de esta película. Y su espíritu. Y su sentimiento. Y su inteligencia.

• Ian Buckwalter

★★½ Watched by Ian Buckwalter 30 Nov, 2011

Read my NPR review.

• JustCarlos99

★★★ Watched by JustCarlos99 28 Jun, 2014

Very good made but too sentimental for my taste

• n1kname

★★½ Watched by n1kname 24 Jun, 2014

It is obvious that the goal was to create a nostalgia-filled movie that pays honour to old children drama adventure movies. The prime examples are the picturesque country side shots, the melodramatic family situations, the one dimensional portrayal of the bad guys and theatrical acting.

However, this all blows up and makes this movie a terrible corny cheeseball fest. War Horse is silly, overdone and I had hard time taking it all seriously. The acting and the cartoony characters are…