• Joyce Heinen

★★★½ Watched by Joyce Heinen 21 Sep, 2014

Like dogs, in the history of film horses have proven to be excellent actors. “War Horse” is an epic story that shows World War I through the eyes of a horse. Off course not an ordinary horse, this one is very special. Everyone that encounters him, is mesmerized by him.

“War Horse” starts with the birth of a young horse The young Albert witnesses it and from that moment on, Albert is fascinated by the creature. When his father buys…

• Koekje

★★ Watched by Koekje 21 Sep, 2014

Zelfs Spielbergs slechte films kan ik zonder al te veel moeite uitkijken. Wat waarschijnlijk iets zegt over de kwaliteiten van Spielberg als verhalenverteller, zelfs als dat verhaal tegenvalt.
    Want ja, War Horse is overdadig sentimenteel, ongeloofwaardig en veel te mild. Maar, misschien nog wel opvallender, vond ik dat de film daarnaast ook niet mooi geschoten is. De belichting in veel scènes kwam mij heel lelijk en artificieel voor. Het zag er niet uit als zonlicht, zelfs niet als lampen die zonlicht moeten suggereren, het zag er gewoon uit als lamplicht. Vreemd.

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★½ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 16 Feb, 2012

War Horse showcases Steven Spielberg in top form as a filmmaker emotionally, visually, and storytelling-wise. Its spirit reminded me of films from the '40s or the '50s, especially those made by John Ford. This was a thoroughly entertaining, exciting, and breathtaking film experience that was elevated, of course, by another brilliant score by John Williams, the greatest of all film composers.

I loved the story and its characters were convincing and well constructed. The entire cast was fantastic. The action…

• funsohng

Added by funsohng

Spielberg's World War I drama is a tearjerker that fails to jerk any tears due to its artificial and archaic trappings.

• John Connor

★★ Watched by John Connor 03 Jan, 2012

'War Horse' is structured in such a stilted, episodic way that I found it impossible to make any emotional connection with the events taking place on screen. Through the main body of the film, we never stay with any human characters for long enough to learn to give a damn about them. And because I didn't care, Spielberg's old-fashioned (almost naive) approach came off as cloying and desperate.

• Peter Pluymers

★★½ Watched by Peter Pluymers 27 Dec, 2013

"We'll be alright Joey. We're the lucky ones, you and me. Lucky since the day I met you."

This is a pleasant family film in which every member of the family will find a piece they’ll love most. The kids can dream about the adventurous part and the bond of friendship between a person and an animal. The women will be sobbing with all the sentimental and gooey stuff in this film while their handkerchief will get moister as the…

• Gonçalo

★★★½ Watched by Gonçalo 04 Sep, 2014

It's over sentimental at some points but it's still a splendid film with a brilliant cinematography. It also has one of the best scenes I've seen in a while: the cooperation between the british and the german.

• Stephen Brown

★½ Watched by Stephen Brown 03 Sep, 2014 1

If I'd known War Horse was this bad I would have happily let it slip through the cracks and remain unseen. Even now it seems inconceivable that a Spielberg film, co-written by Richard Curtis with a great cast could end up so spiritless and dull. In places the script sounds like it was written by a ten year old with some truly awful lines and at least two "oh pur-lease" moments (which I've instantly forgotten).

The opening scenes are terrible,…

• radiomanhead

★★★ Added by radiomanhead

No cabe duda que se trata de un Spielberg menor y mas ñoño que nunca, pero bueno, no engaña, es lo que el trailer y la propuesta ofrecen y es justo lo que dan, el reparto lo hace bien a excepción del joven protagonista que esta mediocre tirando a mal, y tiene momentos en que realmente me ha aburrido (algunas sub-historias me han parecido interesantes y otras no tanto).

Eso si la fotografía es magistral, cada encuadre parece un lienzo, sin duda media película es para Janusz Kaminski.

• Gunther Ramysen

★★½ Watched by Gunther Ramysen 25 Aug, 2014

When the film started my expectations were still raving, but when you got through the first part the whole movie falls apart. It was a disturbing thing to see this coming from one of the best directors.

• vlarya

★★½ Added by vlarya

Ez a film egy lóról szól.

• moviedave

★★ Rewatched by moviedave 05 Aug, 2014

farmer buys a horse, his son trains it. along comes WW1. farmer sells horse to army cavalry.

horse exchanges hands several times. army captain, Germans, French, Germans again.

an average movie if not a little too long 2hour 20 mins.

what should have been a heart-warming story felt a little sterile to me. just couldn't make an attachment to the horse at all. so wasn't really bothered what happened to it.

would have been better as a cgi with the horses talking, at least they would have had a personality

NAAAGGGGHHH Good!