• JimmyJim

★★★★ Watched by JimmyJim 29 Aug, 2014

Traumatic.

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 23 Jul, 2008

Well acted, with impressive visual effects, and utterly entertaining, Steven Spielberg's version of War of the Worlds doesn't reach the level of his finest sci-fi films but it still offers plenty of eye-popping spectacle on its own. Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning's performances were really good.

• KMOKLER

Added by KMOKLER

0/5 my least favourite Steven Spielberg and tom Cruise film that just has a bad script, bad effects and Justin Chatwin.

• inessentials

★★★★½ Rewatched by inessentials 25 Aug, 2014

About as great as a film can be with a prologue and an epilogue that awful.

• Dan Smith

Watched by Dan Smith 22 Aug, 2014

My word, War Of The Worlds is dire. Someone I respect recommended that it's worth a re-watch (I'd not seen it), and if I ever remember who I'll be right cross with them.

NOTHING HAPPENS. IT'S ALL CGI POOTLING.

Aliens invade FOR NO REASON. It just happens to some people we barely know via an EMP. The people flap about like wet hens, people get splatched by death rays, Tom Cruise Oooh Bad Father gets a car working by some…

• Arham Tirmizi

★½ Watched by Arham Tirmizi 18 Aug, 2014

A definite contender for the worst adaptation ever. Terrible acting, horrible script. Filled with cliches. Gave an extra star for good CGI.
    Shows that money won't turn shit into gold.

• Loretoo

½ Watched by Loretoo 27 Jul, 2014

i had to watch this for school and i hate tom cruise.....sadly he is the main character and he doesn't die at the end.

• David J. Fowlie

★★★★ Rewatched by David J. Fowlie 15 Aug, 2014

Watched this last night with my 8 yr. old daughter. She kept on asking, "When is it gonna get scary?" Which got me thinking about how letting a story unfold is a learned experience. (Teach them young, folks). Soon enough she saw the frightening moments. That's what Spielberg brings to this remake, great moments set in a 'real world' atmosphere. Although I still have some issues with the tacked on resolution, this re-viewing had me wishing that the director would return to this genre.

• MatthewLB

Watched by MatthewLB 11 Aug, 2014

Steven Spielberg I love your movie but this movie sucks.

• "Beat" Lepistö

★★★ Watched by "Beat" Lepistö 11 Aug, 2014

Bad parenting from Tom Cruise but hey, we are all people! No one can hurt us! No matter if billion people dies, we are still here! Unfortunately... Enjoyable popcorn film, far from being finest stuff that master Spielberg has given us. It looked good. I was actually surprised but then I should have remembered that it's Spielberg - man behind Close Encounters of the Third Kind even though that were in the 70's and million times better. Decent film. Nothing…

• Jude Seymour

★★★ Watched by Jude Seymour 01 Jul, 2005

There’s a tense scene near the end of “War of the Worlds” when Army soldiers have knocked down a foreign spacecraft. They approach the three-pronged vehicle slowly, while a hatch slowly reveals an alien breathing slowly inside.

And I’m happy to report that extraterrestrial looked nothing like Tom Cruise.

While it may be considered impossible to overshadow a big-budget, special-effects driven summer blockbuster, Cruise’s recent antics have us all wondering if he’s gone a little cuckoo-banana-pants or if this is…

• Matt G

★★ Watched by Matt G 02 Aug, 2014

Not good. Why would the Martians spend their time checking individual houses for Tom Cruise, when there are whole cities of people together?