• MattyCool

★★★ Rewatched by MattyCool 26 Aug, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I remember seeing this when I was younger and being scarred by that scene when the bodies are floating down the river. Years later watching it again it still horrifies me. Bloody four eyes George says this film is about 9/11 but the film clearly is about an alien attack on earth. The film also shows how lucky Tom Cruise is. The one thing that annoys me with this film is that I can't tell whether it's War Of The Worlds or Scary Movie 4, maybe that's a problem with me or maybe it's because Scary Movie 4 is an underrated masterpiece. You decide.

• Capitan Nudillos

★★★★ Rewatched by Capitan Nudillos 22 Aug, 2015

I couldn't remember how great this movie is. An excellent adaptation of the story, although I will always believe that a remake can never be better than the original version.

• Syed

★★★★ Rewatched by Syed 18 Aug, 2015

I look forward to the orgasmic sounds I'll make when the next Spielberg/Cruise project is announced. Everytime they get together it's amazing. Personally this is one of my favorite Cruise performances.

• Ricardo Trejo

★★★½ Rewatched by Ricardo Trejo 11 Aug, 2015

"Yet across the gulf of space, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded our planet with envious eyes. And slowly, and surely... drew their plans against us."

• SilentBison

★★★ Added by SilentBison

With David in Greentown. Blew me away.

• FilmGuy1997

★★★½ Added by FilmGuy1997

An affecting, albeit slight film in Spielberg oeuvre.

• Michael Colpitts

★★★★½ Rewatched by Michael Colpitts 10 Aug, 2015

Spielberg's underrated 9/11 sci-fi allegory is scary, intense, and misunderstood. It's a film about hope in the face of despair, and the happy ending (while slightly improbable) fits that theme like a glove.

• Bridger_Wingate

★★★½ Watched by Bridger_Wingate 10 Aug, 2015

A small family struggles to survive during an alien invasion, with the film mainly focusing on the family instead of the big picture of the massive invasion.

This is Signs, but it gets more and more lackluster as the runtime increases.

• Jack Gregson

★★★★ Rewatched by Jack Gregson 09 Aug, 2015

That Janusz Kaminski chap is quite good, isn't he?
    An interesting film from Spielberg, far more depressing and dark than his usual blockbuster outings. There are the moments where you feel him easing into it (the Koepp dialogue certainly helps), but then every now and then he'll do something that shocks and that resonates quite well with me.

The cinematography and score are quite strong here too. The last act doesn't quite hold up (everything with Tim Robbins really) and…

• Brian O'Blivion

★★★★ Rewatched by Brian O'Blivion 09 Aug, 2015 1

I remember liking this a fair bit, but having problems with the final act in the basement. (I also remember vaguely resenting it because I think it lifted some imagery from Half-Life 2 — particularly Viktor Antonov's alien Strider design.) I think that either my tastes in film have changed notably in ten years (well, naturally) or this film has aged considerably well. The CGI looked basically photorealistic back then, I think, and it still has that sense about it,…

• jcase95

★★★ Rewatched by jcase95 08 Aug, 2015

I have a love/hate relationship with this one. War of the Worlds is a frustrating film. I'm not talking about the direction, technical or even the acting aspects of the movie but the journey recorded in it. Every character in this annoys me, the protagonist just happens to annoy me the least. In a lot of ways I feel bad for Cruise' character as he doesn't just have to deal with everything but put up with everyone too. The daughter…

• Matias Gallipoli

★★★½ Rewatched by Matias Gallipoli 03 Aug, 2015

Le agrego media estrella, xq la vi cientos de veces y se sigue sosteniendo con toda la onda. Una de las mejores pelis de ciencia ficcion de los 2000, lejos.