• Jeremy Reviews Entertainment

★★★★ Watched by Jeremy Reviews Entertainment 24 Oct, 2014

"War of the Worlds" is Steven Speilberg's most underrated movie. But I will say that there was a character that I didn't like, and it was really slow at times. But this movie is awesome.
    GRADE:B+

• The Movie King

★★★★½ Watched by The Movie King 21 Oct, 2014 2

I watched War of the Worlds pretty late at night, expecting just your average, alien invasion film with your typical Spielbergian drama. Much to my surprise, and I mean this coming from a Steven Spielberg movie, I was not expecting an alien invasion movie to be one of the most frightening, unsettling, and jolting film experiences of my life! Only Steven Spielberg, who made dinosaur attacks fun in Jurassic Park, made us all cry with the bond of childhood innocence…

• Andy

★★ Added by Andy

Poteva essere una bella cosa ma invece é un po na merda

• Daniel "PG" Simpson

★★★½ Rewatched by Daniel "PG" Simpson 18 Oct, 2014 2

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Josephus

★½ Rewatched by Josephus 10 Oct, 2014

Only Tom Cruise knows how to repair a car. There's always left an escape route in the biggest chaos just for him. Pathetic melodramatic Hollywood dreck.

• Joe DiCanio

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joe DiCanio 15 Jul, 2014

Rating: A

• Joe DiCanio

★★★★★ Rewatched by Joe DiCanio 22 Aug, 2012

Rating: A

• Crawlspace Dweller Matt

★★★½ Rewatched by Crawlspace Dweller Matt 07 Oct, 2014 2

Welp, I was originally gonna add this to my Shocktober challenge list but appearently this isn't actually a horror movie. I really thought an alien invasion flick full of people bursting out in ashes and giant death machines using human blood to harvest weird stuff would be considered horror.

I had seen this film for the first time when I was 11/12 years old. I remember being quite spooked by it back then. I always loved the beginning monolog (which…

• Windyblue

★★½ Added by Windyblue

hahaha. this is so bad i thought it was released in the 80s.

• Mason_Daniel

★★★★½ Rewatched by Mason_Daniel 11 Sep, 2014 3

Tonally disruptive coda or no, Spielberg's first foray into the malevolent side of visiting extraterrestrials is a work of ugly beauty. Its harrowing, sci-fi-varnished post-9/11 imagery is obvious, but its release close to Hurricane Katrina and the hindsight of past disasters since then adds another layer of all-too-real panic to a sub-genre known for its cheesiness. Spielberg has dabbled in showing the worst of mankind before, but here he shows us at our worst when we're afraid; it's no surprise that the sequences that horrify me the most involve humans instead of aliens.

The Come and See of alien invasion films. There, I said it.

• Gnske

★★★ Added by Gnske

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• MrPootytang

★★ Added by MrPootytang

War of the Worlds is a Steven Spielberg sci-fi/thriller revealing an extraterrestrial invasion on Earth, based on H.G. Wells' novel 'The War of the Worlds'. Ray Ferrier (Tom Cruise), a New England father, is forced to evacuate due to invasion. The beginning of War of the Worlds is captivating, engaging, and draws you in. At any rate, this quickly falls apart to a thin dialogue and nonsensical display from actors and plot. Showing off the countless people seeking refuge, yet…