• Jorge Uceda Dájer

★★★ Added by Jorge Uceda Dájer

Nothing like the good old-fashioned and over-the-top comedy from the 80s. Don't look for a "good" film here; just enjoy the absurdity.

Besides, it'll be hard not to fall for Kelly LeBrock.

• Matt Fisher

★★★★ Watched by Matt Fisher 05 Jan, 2015

What do you mean, that wasn't sexist?!

(Anthony Micheal Hall, drunk, in a blues club, talking about "that 8th grade bitch" FTW)

• Devin Sheridan

★★ Watched by Devin Sheridan 05 Jan, 2015

Well, they definitely nailed the weird part of the title.

Note: John Hughes wrote this in two days.

• Travis Wagner

★★★ Rewatched by Travis Wagner 13 Dec, 2014

I wonder if Anthony Michael Hall regrets being so racist in this movie?

• Michael Nazarewycz

★★★ Rewatched by Michael Nazarewycz 29 Nov, 2014

Still fun, although not as much so as it was in the '80s.

•  Justin Purwitsky

★★★★ Rewatched by Justin Purwitsky 28 Oct, 2009

83/100

• AmandaC

★★★½ Rewatched by AmandaC 28 Nov, 2014

Great teen science project that has joyous results for the boys.

• Katherine

★★★★ Rewatched by Katherine 24 Nov, 2014 1

"So, what would you little maniacs like to do first?"

Without a doubt John Hughes' strangest movie. It's the biggest genre hodge podge and I love it. Every one is so funny - Anthony Michael Hall in the blues bar! Kelly LeBrock is so beautiful it's hard to stare directly at her. Forget those other chicks - they had zero character development. The boys should have stayed with Lisa.

Another interesting thing about this 80s movie in particular is that…

• BeetleEye66

★★★★ Watched by BeetleEye66 21 Nov, 2014

I'm pretty sure Chet had a genuine mental disorder, but this film plays it like he's just a a typical controlling and mean older brother. That's a crap poster. The two leads were odd, but grew into it. Can someone tell me why this film is racist? That is not rhetorical, I wasn't paying enough attention to notice it, but a lot of reviews on letterboxd have labelled it as such, and I'd kinda like to know what people thought. They also labelled it as sexist, but I don't really need that explaining.

• Cameron Evans

Added by Cameron Evans

In addition to being one of the most unabashedly racist and sexist movies of the '80s, the storytelling is nonsensical and painfully unfunny. Nice one, John Hughes.

• GeekDroll

★★★ Watched by GeekDroll 15 Nov, 2014

¿Project X ochentero?

• Adrian Zachow

★★★ Watched by Adrian Zachow 16 Feb, 2014

Likable juvenile romp in which two teens create the woman of their dreams (played by the stunning Kelly Le Brock) by computer. Naive, silly, but often amusing, helped by engaging performances by Hall and Mitchell-Smith, although supporting cast members Downey Jr. and Paxton are funny as the bullying brother and the sleazy high school bully,respectively. Fun title theme by Oingo Boingo.