• Jonathan L.

★★ Added by Jonathan L.

I suppose this classic needed to be enjoyed in the 80s, as there was little for me to appreciate here.

• Jordan McLaughlin

★★ Watched by Jordan McLaughlin 24 Feb, 2015

Definitely the worst John Hughes movie I've seen to date. This film is a lot of things, but it's definitely:
    -Slightly misogynistic
    -Absurdly dumb, and not hokey all in good fun 80s' dumb, but just plain dumb
    -And most of all, boring.
    It felt like John Hughes after making all these classics just decided to slap some crap together to make a quick buck. The story is lazy, the plot is weak, and the subject of the film, Kelly Lebrock,…

• Darren Fx

★★★★½ Watched by Darren Fx 21 Feb, 2015

"Can we keep this... between us? I'd hate to lose my teaching job..."

I have a soft spot for both John Hughes and '80's teen comedies.

Weird Science is a combination of the two.

So the method of making Lisa doesn't make sense or anything to do with Lisa makes sense at all, but that's the point, it's supposed to be batshit crazy funny, and it is indeed batshit crazy funny. Bill Paxton gets turned into a pile of shit,…

• Gregory David Escobar

★★★★ Rewatched by Gregory David Escobar 13 Feb, 2015 1

Es una "Mary Poppins" sexual y en el contexto de la fantasía de la pubertad en 1985. Es, claro, el John Hughes mas absurdo.

Obviamente es una estupidez maravillosa con millones de plot-holes puestos allí a propósito como elementos cómicos.

Gran casting. Bill Paxton, Robert Downey Jr, Anthony Michael Hall y la gran Kelly Lebrock.

Y música de Van Halen, Oingo Boingo y otros.

Deberían hacer una cada década, para adaptarla a los códigos pubertos pop de la época.

• JaumeMuntane

★★★ Rewatched by JaumeMuntane 07 Feb, 2015

Revisionant pelis de John Hughes trobo que , per mi, aquesta és la que pitjor ha aguantat el pas del temps (tot i el èxit que va suposar en el seu día), a diferència d'altres que han envellit molt bé ("Todo en un día", "el club de los cinco...").

Rewatching John Hughes' films, I realize that, in my opinion, "Weird science" has not aged well (although the success of its premiere), not like other of his films that have been aged perfectly ("Ferris Bueller's day off", "The breakfast club"...)

• Jorge Uceda Dájer

★★★ Added by Jorge Uceda Dájer

Nothing like the good old-fashioned and over-the-top comedy from the 80s. Don't look for a "good" film here; just enjoy the absurdity.

Besides, it'll be hard not to fall for Kelly LeBrock.

• Matt Fisher

★★★★ Watched by Matt Fisher 05 Jan, 2015

What do you mean, that wasn't sexist?!

(Anthony Micheal Hall, drunk, in a blues club, talking about "that 8th grade bitch" FTW)

• Devin Sheridan

★★ Watched by Devin Sheridan 05 Jan, 2015

Well, they definitely nailed the weird part of the title.

Note: John Hughes wrote this in two days.

• Travis Wagner

★★★ Rewatched by Travis Wagner 13 Dec, 2014

I wonder if Anthony Michael Hall regrets being so racist in this movie?

• Michael Nazarewycz

★★★ Rewatched by Michael Nazarewycz 29 Nov, 2014

Still fun, although not as much so as it was in the '80s.

•  Justin Purwitsky

★★★★ Rewatched by Justin Purwitsky 28 Oct, 2009

83/100

• AmandaC

★★★½ Rewatched by AmandaC 28 Nov, 2014

Great teen science project that has joyous results for the boys.