• Shawn Stubbs

★★★★ Rewatched by Shawn Stubbs 03 May, 2016

This has a great story and lots of fun.

• John Erler

★★½ Watched by John Erler 25 Apr, 2016

MALE CHAUVINIST PIG-MALION. I love John Hughes but I held off on watching Weird Science for 30 years because the concept looked so creepy (2 boys build a hot woman slave). Sad to report that my instincts were correct. This movie is an unrepentant sexist male fantasy. Hey, I love a nerd success story as much as anyone. But not at others' (i.e. women's) expense. There's no redeeming the two main characters. And just because they become white knights for the ladies at the end doesn't make them better. These guys are gross.

• cinematyler

★★½ Watched by cinematyler 23 Apr, 2016

This is the type of movie they'd be making if the Germans won WWII.

• Jordan Paolillo

★★★★½ Watched by Jordan Paolillo 23 Mar, 2016

She's not that hot now, don't worry I've checked!

• EvanstonDad

★★★½ Added by EvanstonDad

I haven't seen this movie for a long time, so for all I know it's horrible, but I have nothing but good memories of it.

Any red-blooded American male has to at least appreciate the premise: two horny teens discover a way to create the perfect woman, who exists for no other purpose than to fulfill their every fantasy. Hot damn!! Their perfect woman is Kelly Le Brock, who wouldn't necessarily be my choice, but she'll do.

John Hughes was…

• Ghostsmut

★★★★ Rewatched by Ghostsmut 02 Apr, 2016

Kelly Le Brock.

ZOMFG.

• Paskalis Damar

★★½ Watched by Paskalis Damar 13 Apr, 2016

Possibly the weakest high-school-themed movie directed by John Hughes. The premise is ridiculous and should've been explored more, but Hughes let it be a messy, trying-too-hard geeky comedy. If the SFX isn't outdated, it's only Anthony Michael Hall's performance that excels.

• Jennifer

★★★ Watched by Jennifer 06 Apr, 2016

Cat in the Hat + horny teens = Fuck you, science!

This movie dares to ask "What if Dr. Frankenstein had been a horny juvenile delinquent?" Adolescent '80s hijinks ensue.

• eedgars

★★½ Added by eedgars

Dīvains štrunts no laikiem, kad Latvijas TV raidījumā "Skabarga" rādīja šo bez sākuma un beigu titriem :D
    Kaut kā atmiņā bija palicis kā asprātīgāks un jestrāks, nekā reāli ir. 80jos kompjūteri tikai ienāca mūsu dzīvēs bet puberitātes problēmas ir nemirstīgas, tad nu uzņēmīgi ļaudis to apvienoja un radīja šo gabalu par diviem ņuņņām, kuri kompī uzmodelē supersievieti, kura šos padara par mazākiem ņuņņām un pat atrod šiem draudzenes.
    Īpašā fīča - Daunijs Juniors īsās ūziņās un ar puberitātes pumpām :D

• Daniel Sarath

★★ Watched by Daniel Sarath 02 Apr, 2016

Completely squanders the potential of its premise.

• Dave Holmes

★★★ Added by Dave Holmes

I adore a couple of John Hughes films – Ferris Bueller is a lightning-in-a-bottle masterpiece, and Planes, Trains and Autos isn’t far off. The Breakfast Club has more flaws (but oddly - at times - more resonance at times) than either of those. But otherwise, I can take it-or-leave-it with John Hughes (directed, and most of the written) flicks. The likes of Pretty in Pink and 16 Candles are fine, disposable 80s fluff. But Weird Science…this flick is certainly one…

• Marco Pastuovic

★★½ Added by Marco Pastuovic

Weird movie with an early Downey Jr. in it and overall okay comedy and story. Mediocre!