• Hermocrates

★★ Watched by Hermocrates 24 Nov, 2015

My God! How disturbing. And I thought spoiled brats from the North Shore put me off before. A couple of horny teenagers decide to create reality anew according to their own wet dreams and don't care who gets hurt in the process. Bill Paxton, who tried desperately to enforce some sort of law, was the only person in the entire movie who made any sense.

I still like Oingo Boing and Kelly LeBrock, though.

• Dave Vis

★★★★ Rewatched by Dave Vis 20 Nov, 2015

Nostalgia factor through the roof...

• Therese

Added by Therese

only good because of the title song

• RedDeadEd

★★★ Added by RedDeadEd

Weird Science is definitely one of the weirder (pardon the direct reference to the title) creations of John Hughes. It is packed full of ridiculous scenarios that make you wonder just how he came up with them, whilst at the same time you're laughing your head-off at the often corny jokes that bring out your inner teenager, whether you want to or not!

After failing consistently to get the attention of the ladies and being bullied, two high-school nerds, Gary…

★★ Watched by STEPHEN TUBBS 08 Nov, 2015

Juvenile plot idea followed by a complimentary script.

• spandanzo

★★★½ Watched by spandanzo 29 Oct, 2015

Wow ! That was one that slipped through the cracks . My love of 80s movies and I still hadn't seen this ! Now I have and It was really cool . So much 80s so little time .

Everything you'd expect from this type of movie, it had it in bucket loads .

• Sam Blackburn

★★½ Watched by Sam Blackburn 16 Oct, 2015

Here we have one of the weirdest, no pun intended, teen angst type films out there.

In terms of John Hughes teen angst films I can definitely say that "Weird Science" is his weakest but it isn't a terrible film it is just somewhere in the middle.

• honorsphysics

★½ Watched by honorsphysics 14 Oct, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Talk about special effects and specialty shots. Beneath the objectification, misogyny, gender bullshit, casual racism, and lack of uniqueness in plot and character (although Lisa was fun), there were some neat shots in this thing.

Also, very annoyed by the multiple "oh I'm going to look into the camera to acknowledge the absurdity of the situation".

• PsychoSavager

★★½ Added by PsychoSavager

Silly teen comedy with a cool theme tune.... that gets played about every ten minutes.

• Artpig (Brett)

★★½ Watched by Artpig (Brett) 02 Oct, 2015

• Carson Hearne

★★★★ Added by Carson Hearne

Hilarious and fun movie. I love John Hughes. He made some great stuff. Another movie I think Anthony Michael Hall does amazing in.

• tron

★★ Rewatched by tron 24 Sep, 2015

i remember liking this when i was younger, but i totally didnt enjoy it on the rewatch. what a bummer