• Stu Kirwan

★★★½ Watched by Stu Kirwan 03 Jul, 2015

"Weird" is definitely the right adjective to have been used for this title. The premise itself isn't so stupid (unbelievable, sure) when you consider the obvious influences of Frankenstein but it's the implementation that gets a bit bat shit crazy.

• Scott Reynolds

★★★ Rewatched by Scott Reynolds 26 Jun, 2015

Still funny. But strange to watch it as a parent of a kid supposed to be the same age as the heroes of the movie.

Even stranger watching an adult female fondling and kissing these kids.

Watching it outside last night made me realize that this is John Hughes version of Mary Poppins.

I bet Steven Seagal hates this movie.

Best performance was by Chet.

• SmokingPizza

★★★★ Added by SmokingPizza

"How 'bout a nice greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray?"

• Paul Robinson

★★★★½ Rewatched by Paul Robinson 22 Jun, 2015

This is quite possible my favourite John Hughes film. He’s done plenty of brilliant 80’s teen comedies that have all withstood the test of time, but this one really hits the spot. Get out your neon socks, kick back and prepare to enjoy this 80’s saturated comedy adventure. It is pure 80’s indulgence.

Gary and Wyatt are two rather unpopular teenagers. Failing to be accepted by their peers and the girls at school they attempt to create the perfect woman…

• Lars Sieval

★★★ Watched by Lars Sieval 21 Jun, 2015

That Lisa is just well, she must be some kind of genie in a bottle. Changing people, making cars, 80's outfits and hairstyles and being on the side of 80's teen Anthony Michael Hall.

We also got the typical mean brother and those bullies with them being played by Robert Downey Jr. and Bill Paxson. We've got parties, we even see Frankenstein! We see the two nerds: Hall and Mitchell-Smith, grow into lesser nerds and they end up with girlfriends.

But I must be honed I don't know what to write about Weird Science only that it's worth a watch because it's so 80's!

• Adam

★★★ Rewatched by Adam 06 Jun, 2015

Film #22 of my Summer of 80's Comedies
    letterboxd.com/scuz/list/2015-summer-of-80s-comedies-watchlist/

Weird Science may not be aging particularly well but it still carries a certain nostalgia that I can't help but respond to. The jokes are all over the place in terms of quality and it's rife with racism, sexism and most other ism's that you can imagine but I enjoy the cast and insanity of it enough that I still return to it every few years.

• prayforzod

★★★★½ Added by prayforzod

love me some John Hughes

• Dan Gvozden

★★ Watched by Dan Gvozden 01 Jun, 2015 2

The last John Hughes film I'll ever watch. Racist, homophobic, misogynist, and transphobic and those are just the heroes. The message of this movie is that women are objects to be manipulated by men not just for their own improvement but mostly so they can continue to be immature and have their greatest sexual fantasies fulfilled.

• pribsflicks

★★½ Watched by pribsflicks 23 May, 2015

John Hughes, what were you thinking? I suppose it stands to reason that in between writing heavy, heartfelt, mature screenplays for some of the best movies of the 1980s, you've gotta take time off to make…this. This absurd, dated, frantic approach to a teen sex comedy is unfortunately rather unfunny, contrived, and juvenile, which counteracts Hughes' other endeavors at the time.

Weird Science is the story of two loser high schoolers, best friends Anthony Michael Hall and Ilan Mitchell-Smith, in…

• acalhoun

★★★½ Rewatched by acalhoun 22 May, 2015

Somehow exactly what I remembered and not at all what I remembered. A HIGHLY raunchy absurdist fantasy.

• Richard Murphy

★★★½ Added by Richard Murphy

Every school boys dream. 80's movie making at its best. Still a really enjoyable movie

• AlphaDream

★★★★★ Added by AlphaDream

vanessa angel was waaaaaaaaaaay hotter though