• Phil Sternwise

Added by Phil Sternwise

When Harry Met Sally is the story of a genetically engineered clone who stumbles upon a conspiracy to deprive the world of its intelligence. No, wait, that might be the reason this movie actually exists, wait, what was I watching? No it can't be, did they steal this plot from Forest Gump or did I have the wrong channel on. Billy Crystal's performance as a clone is superb, but this Meg lady plays a very bad robot. Oh well, watch it late night if you're bored, I got nothing from it.

• carosyrup

★★★★ Added by carosyrup

I was very, very primed to hate this movie a lot because I can not stand that stupid "men and women can never be just friends" myth that this seems to mindlessly perpetuate.

But man alive, they don't make romantic comedies like this anymore. It's great.

• Josephine

★★★★★ Added by Josephine

My gold-standard, the one romantic comedy to rule them all.

• Judah Finnigan

★★★★ Rewatched by Judah Finnigan 12 Dec, 2014

we started out like this, helen and i. we had blank walls, we hung things, we picked out tiles together. then you know what happens? six years later you find yourself singing "surrey with a fringe on top" in front of ira!

• QED

★★★★★ Watched by QED 11 Dec, 2014

Directed by Rob Reiner this film with a script from Nora Ephron stars Billy Crystal, Meg Ryan and Carrie Fisher. We follow a man and a woman from when they first meet over twelve years of their lives and how they become friends.

The plot of this film is surprisingly insightful and does a good job of exploring the relationships between men and women. What I like most is that the script is not overly melodramatic, has plenty of humour…

• Adam Theeye Pittman

★★★½ Added by Adam Theeye Pittman

My review -- this film is now on DVD and it had a great return at the box office roughly speaking $77 million. Well the storyline briefly without trying to be a comedian is very much self-explanatory if my readers read the title of this review, but if you would like just a little bit more information? The project basically follows the two characters on their life journey separately or together. When Harry Met Sally… is most definitely worthy of…

• Ignacio Montalvo

★★★★½ Watched by Ignacio Montalvo 08 Dec, 2014

GENIAL

• Judy

★★★★★ Watched by Judy 08 Dec, 2014

No Harry, you're just being sentimental because it's New Year's Eve.
    No, Sally, you like Harry too.
    It's like battling your way out of something, denying the things you obviously want.

• hotsake

★★★★ Added by hotsake

I thought this movie was great for the most part, the ending was really weak tho. My favorite part was when they're friends hook up.

• Gui Park

★★★ Watched by Gui Park 04 Dec, 2014

sweet love story :) I liked Mac Ryan's style!

• Jonathan Davies

Watched by Jonathan Davies 26 Dec, 2012

Watched with Chris at home

• Mauricio Xavier

★★★★ Watched by Mauricio Xavier 29 Nov, 2014

Theory: every end of decade, there comes a movie that is actually pretty good, but is ends up being so harmful to the culture it makes one wonder if it shouldn't have existed. In 2009, that was possibly Avatar, responsable for the rise of 3D bullshit. In 1999, that was definitely Fight Club, fuel for tons of stupid male angst. In 1989, that was When Harry Met Sally.

And it's easy to see why people got it wrong: pair the…