• federicaesse

★★★★½ Rewatched by federicaesse 30 Jul, 2015

IL film

• PerseuEvans

★★★★ Rewatched by PerseuEvans 28 Jul, 2015

The charisma of Crystal and Ryan, along with fantastic dialogues by Nora Ephron, make this one of the most charming and engaging romantic comedies in recent cinema. The orgasm scene is already a classic.

• Sergio Costa

Watched by Sergio Costa 25 Jul, 2015

Nope. There's no Carrie Fisher outside the Star Wars.

• Nicole Jessome

★★★★½ Rewatched by Nicole Jessome 09 Jul, 2015

Saw this after many years of seeing it...still as cute as ever.

• Phil Denhoff

★★★ Watched by Phil Denhoff 15 Jul, 2015

This wasn't a typical rom com, and I enjoyed it because of that.

• Ben Radetski

★★★★ Watched by Ben Radetski 17 Jul, 2015

Crystal and Ryan have something that you don't find in modern day romantic comedies, what is that you ask? Chemistry.

• Sara Lameiras

★★★½ Watched by Sara Lameiras 16 Jul, 2015

"(...) we're sitting and we're talking at this Ethiopian restaurant that she wanted to go to. And I was making jokes, you know like, "Hey I didn't know that they had food in Ethiopia? This will be a quick meal. I'll order two empty plates and we can leave.""

• Fish

★★★½ Watched by Fish 13 Jul, 2015

The quintessential rom-com that set out the blueprint for all those to follow; 'When Harry Met Sally...'. Another film that had always passed me by, and an unusual first watch for both Andrea and Stacey too.

First off, yes, it is Meg Ryan, but this is Ryan before she got irritatingly repetitive. The chemistry between the titular pair is great, and very easily emotive. The support cast help in this too, and are very believable best friends.

Charming, effortlessly funny,…

• Erik Schoning

★★★½ Watched by Erik Schoning 10 Jul, 2015

This film has always been a blind spot in my understanding of the romantic comedy, and now that it's been filled, I'm not sure what to think. Yes, the characters speak wonderfully and concisely. Yes, I wanted them to fall in love. Yes, they do fall in love. Yes, the "I'll have what she's having" scene is amazing (if unbelievable). And yes, the film raises real questions about the nature of relationships and our fears about them. The problem, though,…

• rmoon1

★★★ Watched by rmoon1 08 Jul, 2015

Exceptional writing and exceptional on-screen chemistry between Crystal and Ryan (their genders seem reversed when only using their last names).

• Nour Regaya

★★★★★ Added by Nour Regaya

Absolutely adored this movie. It is now one of my all time of favorites.

• Prince Cat

★★★ Watched by Prince Cat 06 Jul, 2015

I love Billy Crystal, and Meg Ryan is a little treat.