• Jonathan Carter

★★★★ Added by Jonathan Carter

Quirky, odd, a little bit slow at times, but in the end a very quiet, heartwarming story about being a kid.

• James Haves

★★★★★ Rewatched by James Haves 25 Mar, 2015 2

This film destroys me.

Every fucking time I burst into tears at the ending.

The final ten minutes play and I cry like a little girl who has had her lolly taken away.

Fuck you, Spike Jonze.

• some_dummy

★★★★ Added by some_dummy

One of the most emotionally honest and open films I have seen. Alternately wonderous and frightening, it captures the sad truth of toxic relationships.

• Pierre

★★★★★ Watched by Pierre 14 Mar, 2015

Spike Jonze stands out again with this stunning piece of art, that's the most intense and realistic portrait of what it's like being a child, it's simply right from top to bottom, also I was very impressed by the amazing acting skills this kid showed off, I'll keep an eye out for his next roles, I won't even try to list everything this movie got going on for it, it's easier to just list the flaws: NONE.

• fred asstaire

★★½ Watched by fred asstaire 13 Mar, 2015

we were all sad but no one knows why..

• Simon Harris

★★★ Rewatched by Simon Harris 18 Feb, 2015

I mean it's great and sad and all.. but also kinda boring.? And depressing?

• Josh Surratt

★★★★½ Watched by Josh Surratt 12 Mar, 2015

This film really resonated with me emotionally. Maybe it's because of how excellently it was written, or how beautiful it looked, or how the characters were so real, even though they were figments of Max's imagination.

Maybe it's because I was a lonely kid who had a fantasy world I would go to when things were rough. Maybe it's because the book used to be my favourite to read as a kid. Maybe it's everything. In fact, I'm sure of…

• aldy

★★★★★ Watched by aldy 12 Mar, 2015

Where the Wild Things Are was beautiful. The storytelling was masterful with a screenplay that covered far more mature themes than its ten-sentence source material would suggest; despite its fuzzy exterior, the movie adopts a very dark tone at times and, as Spike Jonze himself said, it's a film about children more than it is for children. Having said that, it's definitely a lot of fun too, and the blending of live-action, suitmation, animatronics and CGI to create the titular…

• Alex Keipper

★★★★½ Added by Alex Keipper

Many voiced complaints of Where The Wild Things are, deciding its free-flowing stream of consciousness narrative style wasn't engaging enough, and that nothing happened. It's my opinion, on the contrary, that Jonze's adaptation of the renowned book is a visually and emotionally resonant reflection, by artists who were shaped by Sendak's story, on childhood and imagination. It's a children story reflected through an adult understanding of the world, but one which skips the pretension inherent in such a project. Instead…

• EdgarReviews

★★★★★ Rewatched by EdgarReviews 06 Mar, 2015

Spike Jonze's 'Where the Wild Things Are' is one of the most powerful and emotive films about childhood that I have ever seen. It's an astonishing directorial feat that perfectly captures the innocence and unreasonable emotions of youth. One of my favourite films of all time.

• YOORI

★★ Watched by YOORI 27 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

어..음.. 심오하다..심오해... 무엇보다 아역남자배우가 주인공이었는데 연기를 너무 잘했음... 애가 친구도 없고 누나, 엄마도 자기한테 관심도 없고 그래서 좀 다혈질임 그러다 집나가서 저 동물들이 사는 나라에 가게 되는데 거기서 왕이라고 뻥치고 왕 행세를 하다가 들키고 돌아오는 내용인데 저 포스터에 있는 동물이 약간 이 남자애랑 비슷함 다혈질이고 그런? 음.. 심오하다... 삽입음악도 좋았고 주인공 연기도 좋았는데 그냥 뭘 이야기하는지를 아예 짐작도 못하겠곸ㅋㅋㅋ그냥 모르겠당ㅎ

• Aaron Hammond