• Jessi Robb

★★★★ Watched by Jessi Robb 03 May, 2015 1

Ah

• Thom D.J.

★★★★★ Rewatched by Thom D.J. 29 Apr, 2015

You know that feeling when you suddenly realize that you know what it feels like to be a kid, and that you understand kids more than you ever thought you would, and all the things that makes kids tick just makes all the sense in the world?

Watch this film, and you will.

• Madison Bounds

★★★★½ Watched by Madison Bounds 26 Apr, 2015

‘Where the Wild Things Are’ penetrates an inner, rarely touched upon, vessel of sadness that has been lodged into the depths of my core for seemingly an eternity. The exposition of the film is littered with jump cuts, rapid camera movement, and of course childhood snowball fights and igloos, so obviously... yes, after about 20 minutes or so I had tears dripping down my cheeks and I longed for one more snow day with my mother.

Certainly one of the…

• William Lindus

★★★★★ Rewatched by William Lindus 10 Apr, 2015

One of my absolute favorite movies.

• Thomas Lewry

★★★★★ Rewatched by Thomas Lewry 27 Apr, 2015

"Don't go, I'll eat you up, I love you so"

In what may be one of the most misunderstood films of recent times, Spike Jonze's adaptation of the beloved child's book, 'Where the Wild Things Are', is a beast not unlike the titular 'Wild Things', it's a fearless blend of strangeness, warmth, sadness and the limitlessness of childhood imagination.

Jonze is undeniably a pioneer of modern cinema and has created a vast and impeccable world of incredible and unforgettable characters,…

• Alberto IceJJFish

★★★★½ Added by Alberto IceJJFish

This is a pile of hidden gold. This is the first movie I actually cried in. I was 8. Yes Caden i was. Spike Jonze's directing is some of the best directing work i've seen from him. Not only is this film bizzare. Its well made and well written. It has a great preformance from a young boy whose name I don't recall. But he wasn't annoying! The C.G.I is kinda poor at times but it doesn't change the fact that this is a great movie. 4.5/5.

• JesseWhite

★★★½ Watched by JesseWhite 27 Apr, 2015

There is some magic in this Film.

• Jordan Mackay

★★★½ Watched by Jordan Mackay 17 Apr, 2015

I'm not even sure what it is that I like about this film. On the surface, nothing actually happens and it's basically just a 90 minute visualisation of a childs imagination. And even that, I know every child is different, but from my childhood experiences, that depiction isn't at all accurate. I think I mostly just enjoyed the aesthetics.

I'm sure the themes of the film run much deeper than surface level, but I was incredibly tired watching this, to…

• amilesmck

★★★★ Watched by amilesmck 18 Apr, 2015

where do you get off calling max "obnoxious"? who are you? were you not a child? why must you do this?

• Kerry Maxwell

★★★½ Watched by Kerry Maxwell 16 Apr, 2015

The fact that it takes one of my cherished childhood books and turns it into a mopey, twee indie-rock puppet show, and I didn't stab myself in the eye, must say something.

• Gaz Elliott

★★★½ Watched by Gaz Elliott 13 Apr, 2015

Yearning for escape and adventure, a young boy runs away from home and sails to an island filled with creatures that take him in as their king.

• Sam Barnett

★★★★★ Watched by Sam Barnett 18 Oct, 2009

Hands down the greatest and most evocative film about the experience of being a child that I have ever seen. Visuals, music, casting, cinematography... in my mind, this movie is just about as close to perfect as it could get.