• lefthandedhero

★★★½ Watched by lefthandedhero 23 Jan, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

Really unique film that doesn't sacrifice it's story for pandering to the viewers expectations. Tries for something pure. It's chaotic, but purposely so because of the context. Not everything made 'sense', but that's kind of the point, that some things were meant to be left to interpretation.

I liked it not because it was entertaining to me, but mostly that it dared to try something meaningful that I've never seen another film do.

If I had a critique, I would…

• Jason MD-P

★★★½ Added by Jason MD-P

True to the spirit of the book, but completely its own thing.

• rgundran87

Watched by rgundran87 19 Jan, 2015

Spike Jonze is 2 for 2 in making me cry like a baby. Between this and Her (2013), Jonze just has something in his movies that tap into my emotions

Despite being marketed as a kids' movie, Where The Wild Things Are is anything but. Although it takes place through the eyes of a child, we view complex emotions and personalities throughout. WTWTA gives us a look at love, relationships, isolation, fear, anxiety, and sadness among other things, through our…

• clauclouds

★★★★★ Added by clauclouds

Veo cualquier imagen de la película y me veo emocionada en el sofá de casa.

• Emma Lane

★★★★ Watched by Emma Lane 02 Jan, 2010

TL & RS

• Remyzero

★★★★ Rewatched by Remyzero 24 Oct, 2014

“Inside all of us is a Wild Thing,” goes the tagline to Spike Jonze’s 2009 film Where the Wild Things Are, based on the popular children’s book by Maurice Sendak and Max is the wildest of the wild, son and younger brother in a broken family. Jonze with co-adapter Dave Eggers craft a touching film with dark and unresolved undertones.

My full review can be found at the FilmFisher:
    filmfisher.com/films/wild-things-put-off-beast/

• Neal Anderson

★★★★½ Watched by Neal Anderson 14 Jan, 2015

Truly something special.

• Nathan Anderson

★★★★½ Watched by Nathan Anderson 14 Jan, 2015

Pleasantly surprised and extremely impressed with how good this was.

• Lucas Cassemiro

★★ Watched by Lucas Cassemiro 12 Jan, 2015

Eu sei, eu sei... Talvez eu não tenha entendido!

• Elspeth Grant

★★★ Watched by Elspeth Grant 10 Jan, 2015

I was expecting more from this film. As a child I remembered this book had a particular feel very different from the average children's book.
    The script was weak and I was uncertain where the storyline was going to take me.
    Visually stunning anyway.

• Andrea Blythe

★★★★ Watched by Andrea Blythe 30 Dec, 2012

Where the Wild Things Are is a profoundly mature adaptation of one of my favorite children's books. Just as in the book, Max is acting like a wild thing, jumping, run, yelling, tearing things up, attacking the dog. There's some hinting that his wild behavior might be partly because of some family troubles going on, but this is handled subtly. In fact, the whole movie is handled with subtlety, from the acting to the directing style, and the adventure aspects…

• cuckoo

★★★★ Watched by cuckoo 06 Jan, 2015

Very rarely does a film resonate so strongly with me that it rocks me to my core. Where the Wild Things Are managed to do so within the first ten minutes.

Jonze artfully and accurately captures the quintessential essence of childhood; in its distilled form of purity, innocence, neglect and frustration. He communicates using a language that is long forgotten but we all once spoke.

An incredibly emotional experience.