• Windyblue

★★½ Added by Windyblue

I like how in the book the Wild Things weren't male or female, because they didn't need voice actors. To hear them masculinized and feminized is corrupting to my enjoyment.

• robert_holly

★★★ Added by robert_holly

Imaginative, wild, and spooky. But feels dull.

• Omar Arteaga

★★★½ Watched by Omar Arteaga 28 Aug, 2014

Con diez años menos hubiera tenido pesadillas todos los días y en el camino se hubiera convertido en mi película favorita aunque no entendiera nada.

Bonita fotografía, memorable soundtrack, buenos acting voice y convincente interpretación de Max Records. Dentro de todo me gustó el tono y la visión de Jonze pero hubo algo que al final no me terminó de convencer.

"Happiness isn't always the best way to be happy"

• FilmEgg

★★★★½ Rewatched by FilmEgg 25 Aug, 2014

One of the best films I've seen about that captures so beautifully the madness, wildness and multiplicity of personality there is in being a child...actually maybe it's the madness and wildness of simply being alive!

• Matt Heiser

★★½ Added by Matt Heiser

I admire the effort, but it just feels a little flat to me. I also don't see kids getting into this much. It's a nice try on trying to show a movie from a kid's perspective, but just didn't resonate with me.

• David Jenkins

★★★★ Watched by David Jenkins 23 Aug, 2014

A film which can appeal to the inner child in all of us. 'Where the Wild Things Are' brims with the fun and imagination that we have all experienced at one point in our lives. From climbing trees to building a fort out of pillows there is always an adventure to be had if you let your imagination run wild. Here, our protagonist Max escapes into the woods and thus into his own imagination where he encounters a diverse group…

• Alfie_Packham

★★★★★ Watched by Alfie_Packham 22 Aug, 2014

Hypnotic furry brilliance.

• ripvanwinkle

★★★★ Rewatched by ripvanwinkle 05 Sep, 2010

there is this kid - Max. sweet and wildly expressive. needs his love. and is the owner of a private world. and he tells stories. here is the one he told his mom about vampires -

there were some buildings... there were these really tall buildings, and they could walk. then there were some vampires. and one of the vampires bit the tallest building, and his fangs broke off. then all his other teeth fell out. then he started crying.…

• Ryan Gray-McCoy

★★★★ Watched by Ryan Gray-McCoy 21 Feb, 2014

I think this is one of the best adaptions ever made.

There is only so much you can do with a 20ish page picture book, but this adaption added so much heart to it, and has such great art department.

I'm a very big Spike Jonez fan though so I could be biased.

• Tyrion Lannister

★★★½ Watched by Tyrion Lannister 17 Aug, 2014

This doesn't really feel like a kids movie. It's rather dark and doesn't sugarcoat themes like lonliness. The "Wild Things" are also creepy as fuck. If I were to go see this as a kid I wouldn't sleep for weeks. The wild things look like a combination of creepy animatronic animals, those off looking costumes they force employees to wear at Disney world, and CGI. Everything about them is a bit unsettling, especially the way they walk. But I was…

• Zlatko Stojkovski

★★★★½ Added by Zlatko Stojkovski

I don't know what to say. Is it me, or it is the movie sensibility that makes me speechless? The performance of Max Records is remarkable, the creatures are stunning, and their performance as well (at times I feel sorry for them, although they seems scary, and sometimes they make me laugh, especially when they put new arm of branch of tree on the creature which hand Carol throws away :) ). The end is also stunning, but all the…

• MatthewLB

★★★★½ Watched by MatthewLB 11 Aug, 2014

Based on the popular book by Maurice Sendak, when Max is sent to bed without supper, he creates his own world populated by wild beasts who crown Max their new king. This movie is not a same to be strange and that is what I should see in movies for now on.