• JoelOhsteen

★★ Added by JoelOhsteen

fucked up a perfectly horrible kids book

• Edith Nelson

★★★★½ Rewatched by Edith Nelson 16 Oct, 2014

Childhood's Secret Pain

I ended up paying for my friend Jon, because I didn't much want to go alone and no one had both time and money. So I was sitting in the dark next to him, watching the movie begin, and I began to shiver. Max (Max Records) was running wild, and it was clear that he didn't know why he was so angry. It was clear that he couldn't explain it to anyone and couldn't stop himself. He…

• Nikon Rod

★★★★½ Watched by Nikon Rod 11 Oct, 2014

Everyone just mentions that " How different this is from the book " or " how faithful it is " and " how it took the story on whole other level " .
    I never read the famous book and frankly I don't feel like I missed anything .
    Spike Jonze's adaptation is a brilliant movie that speaks for itself .

If you wanna see some family-friendly oh-so-happy entertaining funny children movie don't come near this cause your little sister…

• An Angry Bear

★★★★★ Watched by An Angry Bear 10 Oct, 2014

How on earth did Spike Jonze take a children's book and turn it into a profound exploration of power, isolation, and childhood? Is the original book this interesting and full of ideas? I haven't read it in a really long time. Still, source material is unimportant, and this film is wonderful, wonderful art. Definitely not for children though.

• Daniel O'Raw

★★★★ Watched by Daniel O'Raw 09 Oct, 2014

Very thoughtful, bittersweet, heartfelt and funny. Looks beautiful, great acting by the kid and the Wild Things cast espicially James Gandolfini, the effects are brilliant and the film's just pretty damn good.

• Joe DiCanio

★★½ Watched by Joe DiCanio 13 Jan, 2014

Rating: C

• absentfool

★★★★ Watched by absentfool 05 Oct, 2014

I knew beforehand that although based on the popular child's book, this wasn't going to be a child's film as such - and it really wasn't - but what was unexpected in watching this film was just how upsetting and emotionally devastating an experience it would turn out be. By the end of the film I was bawling my eyes out in a way that no other film has ever made me do; let alone a film containing fantasy creatures.…

• Sam

★★★½ Added by Sam

Not exactly what I was expecting, but good nonetheless. I'm reviewing a while after watching, but I remember it dragging a bit in the middle. Still, I think it got across a lot of the feelings/messages from the book. I will still always remember the story the book told in a singular, homey way, that I don't think any film could capture. Loved Karen O's soundtracking.

• Juan Quintero

★★½ Watched by Juan Quintero 05 Oct, 2014

Es buena, pero no le conseguí la gracia.

• rkco

★★★★½ Added by rkco

A must see from the director of Adaptation, Being John Malkovich and Her. For misunderstood hearts

• Jumpingfrog

★★★ Watched by Jumpingfrog 28 Sep, 2014

I of course knew that "Where the wild things are" was originally a children's picture book, unfortunately it wasn't one that I remember being exposed to, and I do feel I missed out there. Watching this film I kept thinking it was just so weird and so sad that it couldn't be what the book was like, could it, afterwards I watched a video of the book on youtube and yes the book is weird and sad (and also pretty…

• KMOKLER

★★★ Added by KMOKLER

The effects in Where the Wild Things Are, are incredible and the film looks great but because of a narrative so unfocused it kind of really, really, really brings the movie down.