• kanye

★★★★★ Rewatched by kanye 05 Feb, 2016

this movie is so beautiful and subtle and it has so much to say about families and about being a kid and the characters are so nuanced and the music is gorgeous and i miss james gadolfini and i love spike jonze and i'm glad maurice sendak liked it

"i have a sadness shield that keeps out all the sadness. and it's big enough for all of us."

• Josh Needle

Added by Josh Needle

Love It!

• Kate ✌️

★★★★ Added by Kate ✌️

idk why people don't like this movie tbh

• Ruth

★★★½ Watched by Ruth 30 Jan, 2016

Ambitious and brave film-making, but ultimately far easier to admire than fully connect with and love. Aesthetically this is a precious film, and thematically there is a great deal of deceptively complex and personal material to chew over from scene-to-scene as the child's real world issues psychologically infiltrate the dreamscape fabric of his imagination, but I couldn't shake the feeling that this all felt like a feature-length music video with a slight twee imbalance (this could be taken as a…

• Scott D'Agostino

★★★★★ Watched by Scott D'Agostino 24 Jan, 2016

Where The Wild Things Are is the purest distillation of childhood ever committed to film. It's also one of the most beautiful films I've seen recently, with great production design, amazing acting (both in front of the camera and in the voice studio), and a truly wonderful score from Carter Burwell and Karen O.

P.S. I'm not proud to admit this, but I almost cried several times.

• Steven Adam Renkovish

★★★★★ Added by Steven Adam Renkovish

Coming soon to DVD is the Spike Jonze film that divided both critics and audiences, Where The Wild Things Are. People seem to either love or hate this film. To me, this is understandable; however, I think that the films detractors are missing the point.

This unconventional film tells the story of Max, who is the very definition of a wild child. He storms through the house in his wolf costume, demands orders from his mother, chases and violently tackles…

• Kyle

★★★ Rewatched by Kyle 24 Jan, 2016

This movie seems less like a kids movie and more like a grown up using a kids story to deal with emotional problems. Everyone needs to be medicated.

• StayCann

★★★★★ Added by StayCann

This movie hits all the emotions one feels as a child. It was such a bittersweet movie, that both adults and children can watch together and walk away with different feelings on.

• Owen Greenwell

★★★★ Watched by Owen Greenwell 11 Apr, 2010

A kids film with real heart not sentimentality.

• Jakob Holiday

★★★★★ Watched by Jakob Holiday 22 Jan, 2016

as free, magical & hopeful as the childhood. as radiating, twisted & yearning as the adolescence. as unforeseen, steady & adaptable as the adulthood.

though where the wild things are takes place in a young boys mindset, i like to think it's a story about how to embrace life. from the very beginning to the last, shivering breaths. what happens in between is up for you to decide.

+ an a-effing-mazing soundtrack by karen o.

• Brendan

★★★ Rewatched by Brendan 01 Jan, 2016

I'm not really sure you could class this as a kids film due to it's dark tone but Spike Jonze's delivers an unusual and uncompromising take on the children's book. It captures the innocence of childhood and delivered in such a haunting manner, it's not easy to forget. I can't say I enjoyed it greatly but I couldn't help but admire the eeriness of the movie and the essence it's captured.

• Nick Mancuso

★★★★ Rewatched by Nick Mancuso 20 Jan, 2016

The ultimate high brow children's film... if there is such a genre