• YOORI

★★ Watched by YOORI 27 Feb, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

어..음.. 심오하다..심오해... 무엇보다 아역남자배우가 주인공이었는데 연기를 너무 잘했음... 애가 친구도 없고 누나, 엄마도 자기한테 관심도 없고 그래서 좀 다혈질임 그러다 집나가서 저 동물들이 사는 나라에 가게 되는데 거기서 왕이라고 뻥치고 왕 행세를 하다가 들키고 돌아오는 내용인데 저 포스터에 있는 동물이 약간 이 남자애랑 비슷함 다혈질이고 그런? 음.. 심오하다... 삽입음악도 좋았고 주인공 연기도 좋았는데 그냥 뭘 이야기하는지를 아예 짐작도 못하겠곸ㅋㅋㅋ그냥 모르겠당ㅎ

• Aaron Hammond

★★★★½ Rewatched by Aaron Hammond 24 Feb, 2015

Owls are stupid.

• EternalDreamer

★★★½ Watched by EternalDreamer 19 Feb, 2015

"Happiness isn't always the best way to be happy."

The thing about this film is it's more film about childhood rather than film for children...
    But that doesn't change the fact it's wonderfully made!
    What makes it special is the simplicity which is made as a perfect mask for far more interesting, more complicated aspects of the story. The visuals and the casting are great. I was especially surprised with Max Records performance; for a child actor he is pretty amazing.

Just wonderful.

• Bradley

★★★★ Watched by Bradley 18 Feb, 2015

A very unique and striking film, It appears to be a childrens film but is instead a film about childhood. It's dreamy and surprisingly dark at times, making the film an interesting experience. The kid who plays Max is very good for the role and clearly is having a blast in the fun scenes and also relishes in the more emotional ones. The other stars of the film were instead in impressively huge monster costumes, and they looked great. Their…

• Gordo

★★★★½ Added by Gordo

Loved this. Visually this is a very compelling film and I can't imagine the source material being turned into a full length film in a better way. Very well acted as well, I thought the young boy in this did an especially good job. My biggest problem with this movie was James Gandolfini, not because he was bad (he was actually pretty incredible), its that it was way too hard for my brain to separate his very distinctive voice from…

• Diz Hooper

★★★½ Watched by Diz Hooper 13 Feb, 2015 2

The character of Max is well developed here, but very different from the children's story it is based on. Overall, I was surprised at how dark this film is. There are many instances where Max's life is in danger and could easily be killed by the wild things. That made for some interesting situations. However, if you're nostalgic for the book, then this will probably be a disappointment.

• Meral

★★★ Added by Meral

Rather disturbing but it made a statement and it marked me. The story may originally be for children, the movie is not. (Wouldn't let my kids watch it). The film is an experience itself.

• Jonah Chavez

Added by Jonah Chavez

This was a weird one to watch... the book was my childhood and to be honest i havent seen it since it came out but even then i think this was kind of a shit film that botched a damn good childrens book

• jocelyn

Watched by jocelyn 21 Mar, 2014

can't believe i watched this for spike jonze

• Lukas Migas

★★★★ Watched by Lukas Migas 08 Feb, 2015

Spike Jonze could be becoming my favourite director..

• IfWeMadeIt

Watched by IfWeMadeIt 04 Feb, 2015

Episode 167

• Thiago Minhoca

★★★ Watched by Thiago Minhoca 06 Jan, 2015

Filme bom. Esperava mais, mas adorei a metáfora (me identifiquei).