• nicmoff

β˜…β˜…Β½ Added by Joshua Brown

Winter's Bore

• caveman298

β˜…β˜…β˜… Watched by caveman298 13 May, 2015

I bet this was a good film. However I just couldn’t tell on account of all the flipping mumbling!!!

• msmere

Added by msmere

I can understand why it didn't go mainstream.

• Arne G.

β˜…β˜…β˜…Β½ Watched by Arne G. 26 Mar, 2015

Wir haben den Film in unserem Podcast besprochen:
    enoughtalk.de/?podcast=enough-talk-009-von-drauss-vom-walde-koch-ich-meth

• Cavin Hawkins

β˜…β˜… Watched by Cavin Hawkins 04 May, 2015 13

I've never seen a movie that was so slow, yet I was still confused at the end. Also, some guy in class said Jennifer Lawrence was originally "too pretty" for this role. I cry foul.

• Dreception

β˜…β˜…Β½ Rewatched by Dreception 04 May, 2015 3

I don't know man... Am I sexist for not really enjoying this film, and thinking its boring? Well, I know if you swapped the strong female lead, played by Jenifer Lawrence, that wouldn't really change my opinion at all. So I hope that changes that accusation.
    Too me its slow and boring, and that's all.... And frankly that is a terrible analysis of the film, and its really vague language to explain how I exactly feel, but its the only…

• Sam Doyle

β˜…β˜…β˜…Β½ Added by Sam Doyle

Jennifer Lawrence plays a seventeen-year-old girl, Ree, who sets out in search for her missing meth cook father. Ree must either find him or evidence of his death within a week or her father's bail bondsman will repo the family home. This begins Ree’s journey among the meth-ruined lives of her nearby extended family.

Jennifer Lawrence's portrayal of a strong-willed, tenacious young women, trying to look out for her younger siblings and her mentally ill mother, was outstanding (defiantly her…

• Tae

β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…Β½ Watched by Tae 28 Apr, 2015

I used to be a big Jennifer Lawrence fan, and I still think she's very talented, but it's just reached a point where she's this huge media darling and you can't leave the house without hearing about her, but aside from the Hunger Games series, I haven't been very interested in any of her recent projects, so my interest in her has waned quite a bit. That's all changed with today's viewing of "Winter's Bone". It brought me back to…

• jroberts548

β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…Β½ Watched by jroberts548 27 Apr, 2015

It's well-shot, though not particularly showy. The story follows a film noir detective structure, but with hillbillies.

The main thing that stands out is J. Law's performance, which is fantastic.

• Alex

Watched by Alex 27 Apr, 2015

One can only admire the performances of Jennifer Lawrence and John Hawkes, who steals nearly every scene he is in.
    There are some narrative problems, and in the end you can't help but wonder how everything played out the way it did. In fact, Ree, Lawrence's character, doesn't really change anything throughout the whole movie.
    Apart from that though, Winter's Bone offers a very immersive, dark atmosphere, satisfying character explorations and some deeply chilling moments.

• Monkeyboy42

β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜… Added by Monkeyboy42

Shockingly good early performance from Jennifer Lawrence.