• Brendan Edwards

★½ Watched by Brendan Edwards 23 Nov, 2014

Though Jennifer Lawrences performance is good the film itself is kind of boring.

• Sam Donchess

★★★ Watched by Sam Donchess 22 Nov, 2014

A great debut for Jennifer Lawrence, but the movie surrounding her doesn't do much for me.

• Joe Koski

★½ Watched by Joe Koski 18 Nov, 2014 4

Despite the fact director, Debra Granik, creates an absorbing world filled with melancholy amidst an intriguing premise, all while Jennifer Lawrence and John Hawkes give some worthy performances, Winter's Bone was downright awful most of the time. Bland cinematography, zero characterization, shallow acting, and a largely muddled plot made this an absolute chore to sit though. I'm not quite sure what everyone was raving about back in 2010 (given that this film was nominated for four Oscars, including Best Picture), but that sounds like a more promising film than this ended up being. Hugely disappointing.

• Andrew Nichols

★★★★★ Added by Andrew Nichols

great movie.

• R. J. Daniel Hanna

★★ Rewatched by R. J. Daniel Hanna 10 Nov, 2014

I haven't read the book, but I've read three others by Daniel Woodrell. Perhaps his wit was the only thing they left on the cutting room floor.

There is not a single framed image, camera movement, editorial choice, lighting design choice, piece of set decoration, prop, sound effect, music cue--any cinematic technique or tool at the filmmakers' disposal whatsoever--that represents something other than the most basic, literal interpretation needed to advance the story. What I mean is, there is no…

• Chriskr

★★★½ Added by Chriskr

A really ineresting social drama with excellent performances and a good story too.

• Ivana Díaz

★★★★½ Added by Ivana Díaz

Jenifer Lawrence me hace sentir estúpida y sin sentido.
    El guión no me mató, pero es una de las películas más reales que he visto.

• Jenna de Jour

★★★½ Added by Jenna de Jour

A bit weird, but I enjoyed it. :)

• Torsten Hartmann

Watched by Torsten Hartmann 24 Oct, 2014

Ich bin so froh, dass meine Frau mich noch überreden konnte, diesen großartigen Film nachzuholen. Alles, was Dickon Hinchcliffe musikalisch untermalt, macht wohlige Gänsehaut. ALLES!

Über Jennifer Lawrence ist eh schon alles gesagt worden und nichts davon ist übertrieben.

• Fran

★★★★ Added by Fran

Natural and spooky. Jennifer Lawrence is famous on purpose.

• Keith

★★★ Watched by Keith 20 Oct, 2014

Interestingly different. Solid performances by Lawrence and Hawkes, together with good use of real-life settings make this a worthwhile film to watch.

• film|captures

★★★½ Rewatched by film|captures 19 Oct, 2014

How did I never notice Laura Palmer before?