• Monkeyboy42

★★★★★ Added by Monkeyboy42

Shockingly good early performance from Jennifer Lawrence.

• Yuri90

★★★½ Watched by Yuri90 19 Apr, 2015

Il punto forte del film è sicuramente l'ambientazione (il Missouri in autunno/inverno è bellissimo) e il personaggio di Jennifer Lawrence (che a quanto pare si accaparra una Miglior performance del Chicago Film Critics Association Award) che si ritrova a badare ai suoi due fratelli piccoli, alla madre e nel frattempo a cercare quel balordo di suo padre che ha impegnato la casa in cui vivono. Come ho accennato la trama non è sicuramente originale, ma il tutto è stato reso abbastanza bene. Il risultato è un film di un buon livello.

• Joanna_Hersey

★★★★ Added by Joanna_Hersey

A gripping tale full of heart. An exploration of a lifestyle.

• Marna Larsen

★★★★ Added by Marna Larsen

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

This movie is just fantastic. (Imagine getting the shit beat out of you by white trash meth addicts for two hours for your audition.) Okay, probably not really. But watching this, I was willingly sucked into yet another teen movie franchise. Twist my arm, why don't you?

• hankiro

★★★½ Watched by hankiro 10 Apr, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

I was sorta waiting for something very climactic to happen and bring this film to what it was hoping to be. Although I was a little disappointed with the outcome, this is full of great performances. An unexpected subtle performance from Jennifer Lawrence. Her last few performances (I haven't seen Serena) have been a little overrated in my opinion, but she was the perfect lead for this film. John Hawkes also brings his A-minus game, although, like the outcome of…

• Ryan Stuckey

★★★½ Watched by Ryan Stuckey 09 Apr, 2015

Phenomenal acting helps propel a very atmospheric movie that makes you feel complete dread. It's a mystery that doesn't even try to pretend that any possible outcome will bring much happiness or relief for the characters or viewer.

• Tarryn-tino

★★★ Watched by Tarryn-tino 06 Apr, 2015 4

I don't really know how I feel about Winter's Bone. This has been happening a lot lately. I seem to be watching a lot of 'middle of the road' films lately. J-Law and John Hawkes both gave really solid performances and I see what the hype about them at the Oscar's from that year was all about now. It was really cool seeing John Hawkes do a role like that actually, for a change, from memory he normally plays someone…

• Thiago Minhoca

★★★★½ Watched by Thiago Minhoca 30 Mar, 2015 2

Brilhante roteiro. Filme bem duro por ver um dilema de uma garota tentando buscar o paradeiro de seu pai para evitar ser despejada juntamente com sua família pobre. J. Law (ainda bem jovem) mostra muita segurança num personagem bem exigido. O restante do elenco é muito bom com destaque a John Hawkes que consegue em muitas expressões transmitir as dificuldades que seu papel carrega. Debra Granik é a responsável pelos muitos acertos do filme. A diretora/roteirista ainda teve a seu lado um bom trabalho de Direção de arte, trilha, edição e fotografia.

• Greg Tyrrell

★★★★ Added by Greg Tyrrell

Occasionally hard to follow, sometimes due to pacing and sometimes due to the mumbling delivery of the dialogue, but Winter's Bone tells a riveting story about hope and the unknown, and benefits from Jennifer Lawrence's superb performance.

• Daniel

★★★★ Watched by Daniel 05 Apr, 2015

Nie war Missouri grauer, dreckiger und hässlicher.

• Andrew Cabral

★★★★ Rewatched by Andrew Cabral 04 Apr, 2015

It's dark, grim, gritty, hopeless, haunting, mysterious. This film is elevated by some truly great performances by Jennifer Lawrence and John Hawkes. They and all the characters fit so naturally well into the film. There is an uneasy atmosphere within the film's setting and characters that really drew me in. The plot is somewhat light but the atmosphere and performances compensate for that.

• Morgan Lewis

★★★★ Watched by Morgan Lewis 25 Mar, 2015 3

While simple, there's a lot of tension in this film, which is helped by the authenticity of the portrayals. Read full review.