• Neil

★★★ Watched by Neil 28 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• elliotx

★★★★ Rewatched by elliotx 10 Aug, 2014

I love the dark vibe of this story!

• JaySalahi

★★★ Watched by JaySalahi 27 Aug, 2014

B- (80)

• Brandon Clarke

★★★★ Watched by Brandon Clarke 22 Jul, 2014

Jennifer Lawrence is the best part about this movie, but there's still much to love here. The story is very well done and compelling from frame one, the cinematography is beautiful and the landscapes divine. Some of the characters weren't that great, but that can be overlooked.

• William Eguizabal

★★★★½ Watched by William Eguizabal 05 Jan, 2011

• Daniel Brown

★★★½ Watched by Daniel Brown 03 Aug, 2014

Slow paced drama as cold as the title suggests and unearthing the talent of Jennifer Lawrence.

• Vladimir .

★★★★ Watched by Vladimir . 17 Aug, 2014

Shocking scenes and strong performance by Jennifer Lawrence.

• Zlatko Stojkovski

★★★ Added by Zlatko Stojkovski

3 stars only for Jennifer Lawrence's acting, and for few touching moments. Nothing more...

• Michael

★★★★½ Watched by Michael 18 Sep, 2010

Astonishingly good film. A mystery/odyssey which looks uncompromisingly yet respectfully at a subculture filled with despair and danger where even the closest relationships involve caution and suspicion with great care taken to never give up an advantage or reveal anything which could ever possibly be used against you. One of the most genuinely human films I have seen.

• MatthewLB

★★ Watched by MatthewLB 12 Aug, 2014

This film is about a 17-year-old Ozark girl must navigate a difficult world while tracking down her drug-dealing father and keeping her own family together. This movie got Gritty and got a little dark towards there end, But I thought this movie was a bit boring and I didn't remember much about the movie because I watched this movie days ago and I forgot most of it to be honest. The only good thing in this movie was Jennifer Lawrence and that's it.

• Josh Barton

★★★ Watched by Josh Barton 04 Aug, 2014

I am a big fan of Jennifer Lawrence and I had always been looking forward to seeing the film that earned Lawrence her first Academy Award nomination.

If I'm being honest though, Winter's Bone didn't impress me as much as I thought it would. Maybe I had overhyped it in my mind but there was nothing here to really wow me.

There is a strong central performance from Lawrence that shows why she is such hot property in Hollywood these…

• Pitypalatty

★★ Watched by Pitypalatty 07 Aug, 2014

What a borefest... Did anyone actually cared about the characters?