• Shakyl Lambert

★★ Watched by Shakyl Lambert 27 Sep, 2014

Despite John Jarrett's solid performance, and some beautiful cinematography, (especially some the shots showcasing some of Australia's more beautiful vistas.) The movie just feels tedious as all hell. The first 20 minutes wouldn't feel out of place in a Australia tourism ad. Also, there isn't a point where I really felt anything about the characters aside from "So...when are they gonna get slaughtered?" For most of it.

It's just really boring.

• Thy Critic Man

★★★★ Added by Thy Critic Man 3

Wolf Creek is a film that divides folks greatly! I have met horror fans who believe that it is a brilliant and effective exercise in real horror! Yet I have met others who found it very slow and boring! However, a third group of people exist and these monkeys should have known what they were getting into before they sat down to view this! If I was turned off by this flick after reading the 0/4 given by very popular…

• Greg Boyd

★★★★½ Watched by Greg Boyd 25 Sep, 2014

• MrPootytang

★★★ Added by MrPootytang

• Dave Seguin

★★★★½ Rewatched by Dave Seguin 21 Sep, 2014

Wolf Creek is one of those rare horror films to come along once ever few years that actually gives me the chills. I remember distinctly being disturbed by it the first time I watched it, which probably resulted in me not viewing it again for some time. Finally having sat down again and viewed the film (late at night before bed) I remember why.

Wolf Creek is the story of three backpackers traveling across the Australian outback arriving at Wolf…

• Tom Beasley

★★★★½ Watched by Tom Beasley 20 Sep, 2014

Bloody hell. That was visceral.

With a gleefully dark sense of humour and a real mean streak, Wolf Creek is a proper exploitation movie. Greg McLean is a director who understands genre, but he also understands how to stretch a tiny budget into a beautifully shot film.

John Jarratt is already one of horrors greatest psychos and the three protagonists really create characters worth caring about.

It isn't afraid to take its time before anything scary actually happens, but once it does, there's no telling how far it will go.

• Christian Siegel

★★★½ Watched by Christian Siegel 15 Sep, 2014

• Jack Carlin

★★★★ Rewatched by Jack Carlin 01 Sep, 2014

So I really am the only one that absolutely LOVED Wolf Creek? It's a shame that intense movie experience like this don't get the love it truly deserves.

• Alistair

★★★ Watched by Alistair 01 Sep, 2014

Wolf Creek is a film which takes the familiar premise of a slasher movie and places it in the outback, which is a nice variation as it adds to the vulnerability and isolation felt throughout the film, this coupled with the great performance from Jarratt who plays the psychotic character brilliantly, make this a interesting version of the well known genre.

• whiteoftheye

Watched by whiteoftheye 20 Aug, 2014

This one's a relatively serviceable horror film which lends a heavy debt to Texas Chainsaw Massacre but features some really striking imagery of the Australian countryside. The nihilistic shock ending just barely redeems all the stupid choices we see our 2-dimensions victim-characters make in the final act.

• J.S. Lewis

★★★½ Watched by J.S. Lewis 12 Jul, 2014

When two female tourists and a hunk from Sydney find themselves stranded in the Outback, we know exactly where the film is heading when an eccentric bushman stops by in the middle of the night to help them out. For all its predictability and familiarity (at least for any aware of decades-worth of slasher flicks), Wolf Creek held my attention with the believable performances of the three friends and the naturalistic filmmaking Greg Mclean adhered to. When the victims become…

• Scott Grice

★★★½ Added by Scott Grice

I saw part two first and was instantly smitten with Mick. The guy is a hoot. There's less of that here but it's still a decent flick. Mick is a killer like Michael Myers but a smart ass like Freddy.