• Adi Mocanu

★★½ Watched by Adi Mocanu 11 Feb, 2016

It was ok, but i expected much more originality

• James Davies

★★★★ Watched by James Davies 06 Feb, 2016

I had never seen Wold Creek before, but heard it was meant to be a great, scary, low budget Australian horror film. It was exactly that! Disturbing and gory violence, creepy villain and genuine terror. The remote setting of the Australian outback is perfect too, as it gives the feeling of isolation, and the realisation that help is nowhere to be found. Not sure if the sequel will have the same effect, but this was well worth the watch.

• dm55

★★★ Added by dm55

A frustrating experience despite legitimate tension and horror. The build up to the reveal of our villain is superb. So is the barren landscape and photography.

It's just too bad they had to have the characters make nonsensical decisions in order to move the plot along. Otherwise, I thought this was a good horror flick.

• Susan M

★½ Watched by Susan M 18 Jan, 2016

Wolf Creek had the potential to be a nail biting horror movie judging by the plot & premise but turned out mediocre. The characters were dull to follow and the script didn't give a reason for me to get or stay interested. It took about 40 minutes before something really started to "happen" in Wolf Creek (which I can forgive if there's an awesome finale but no) and at that point the characters had just about bored me to death. I…

• Tom Samaroden

★★★★ Watched by Tom Samaroden 15 Jan, 2016

Well done horror gem from Australia. Great story with lots of good character building in the early stages of the film. Effective at building tension and dread. No jump scares either, which is always delightful.

• Austin Lawrence

★★★ Watched by Austin Lawrence 14 Jan, 2016 1

Wolf Creek is a disturbing film that delivers tension filled moments without the use of cheap jump scares. However, it suffers from pacing issues noticeably in the third act that feels very rushed.

Still a very solid horror movie

• Andy H

★★★★ Rewatched by Andy H 08 Jan, 2016

Wolf Creek's power is in the way it takes its time to actually show its characters as people unlike numerous other horror films that have the same basic premise. Then suddenly jolts headlong into nightmarish territory.

Impressively shot and featuring a horrific turn from John Jarratt as the avuncular trucker more than happy to help some backpackers stranded in the Australian outback.

• Tarantinoguy97

★★★½ Added by Tarantinoguy97

No,its not one of the best or most disturbing of the last decade. But,it's pretty solid and John Jarrat knocks it out the park.

• STEPHEN TUBBS

★★ Watched by STEPHEN TUBBS 02 Jan, 2016

The first third is worth watching for the photography of the locations. Jarratt is very good but it would have worked better if the mayhem had been more restrained - it might have been more suspenseful that way.

• Leonard

★★½ Added by Leonard

This feels distinct from many other shock horror 'teens getting killed by country folk' movies because of the sensitivity towards establishing believable and empathetic main characters who act as rationally as they could. There's a great first kiss scene between two of them for example that feels totally genuine and unique within a genre that usually only aims in the beginning section to establish generic teens to be slaughtered. However, this strength of emotional realism (and narrative realism in the…

• Yazmin

Watched by Yazmin 16 Dec, 2015

Two British and an Aussie walk into a bar, two of them die at the end.

• JC Shaffer

★★★½ Watched by JC Shaffer 01 Dec, 2015

Kind of like Wake in Fright for the age of extreme horror. Legitimately upsetting. The cast is small and act normal. There are no clear victims or survivor types, which makes the situation palpably real. It's a horror movie with no real promise of a satisfying resolution.