• Adrian Zachow

★★★ Rewatched by Adrian Zachow 23 Jun, 2014

The Australian outback setting works very well in favour of this violent slasher movie, in which three tourists are trapped and preyed upon by a serial killer. Setting aside, Wolf Creek does not break away from conventions established in similar films all the way back in the 70s, although John Jarratt's psycho, Mick, is a genuinely creepy menace. The film ponderously claims this to be based on true events, but it is in fact, merely inspired by the backpacker murders carried out in Australia in the early 90s by serial killer Ivan Milat

• Richard Goddard

★★★ Watched by Richard Goddard 03 Nov, 2014

This movie is great for its budget and the ending is fantastic but the rest is kind of standard paint by numbers slasher genre fare.

• pillole di cinema

★★★ Watched by pillole di cinema 03 Nov, 2014

Carbura lento ma appena si fa vedere il suo killer Wolf Creek si anima. Idee riciclate e facce buffe durante gli omicidi valgono la visione.

• Matthias

★★ Watched by Matthias 25 Oct, 2014

Mick Taylor: What was it your mate said again? Oh, yeah, that's not a knife - *this* is a knife!

• Andy Barksdale

★★½ Watched by Andy Barksdale 28 Oct, 2014

Deserves props for a jumpy, elliptical (and surprisingly digital) aesthetic that doubly reinforces the omnipresence of the villain; when he says something like "Never know where I might pop up," it feels as though he really could randomly appear in any frame, even if he was nowhere to be seen in the previous one. Things that are harder to give props to: virtually everything that comes before that aesthetic is paid off.

• sarahc

★★½ Added by sarahc

Why would he lie?
    Because he's a bloke.

• Bennett Hipps

★★★★ Watched by Bennett Hipps 25 Oct, 2014

Kristy and Liz, two British tourists, are traveling through the Australian Desert with their new Australian friend Ben, when they stop at Wolf Creek Crater - an enormous crater formed when a meteorite hit millennia ago. After a hike to the top of the crater and a view of its natural beauty, the trio return to their car to find that it won't start.

Stranded in the rain, it looks like they might be in a little bit of trouble…

• ShamusAndreas

Watched by ShamusAndreas 15 Oct, 2014

Bad in all the wrong ways.

• captainblicero

★★ Added by captainblicero

I search vainly for meaning and purpose--any at all--in this exceedingly well made but exceedingly pointless horror film. Watching this after watching The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (to which this film obviously aspires) is like the farce after the tragedy, artistically speaking.

It is not the rape and torture that bothers me--the rape and torture of young women by predatory men is something that happens daily in our world and it's ridiculous to expect films, especially horror films, not to acknowledge…

• Fawn

½ Rewatched by Fawn 15 Oct, 2014

lame

• Joseph William Lewis

★★★½ Watched by Joseph William Lewis 22 Oct, 2014

"Pulls no punches" is the compliment I most want to pay Wolf Creek. It has its problems--an excessive set-up in the vein of Hostel, an ending comprised of multiple anticlimaxes--but its dreadful atmosphere and intense violence really works, and I was hooked for the entire running time, especially so once John Jarratt's ferocious Mick Taylor shows up. What a truly disturbed, perverse, uncomfortably hilarious character. I'm excited to see what the sequel has in store.

[Several critics, including Roger Ebert,…

• Gregory David Escobar

★★★½ Watched by Gregory David Escobar 21 Oct, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.