• James Clark

★★★ Watched by James Clark 29 Mar, 2015

When three friends go on a road trip in the Australian outback their lives are horrifically changed forever.

Here is an Australian horror movie that is inspired by two sets of real-life incidents. The story is quite enjoyable at the beginning as it takes it's time and let's the viewer get to know the characters, but as things progress it all becomes a bit 'seen it all before', and it falls into the trap of having the characters make decisions…

• Mike Kowzun

★★★ Watched by Mike Kowzun 11 Mar, 2015

Really, really dug the movie that was going on before the violence started.

• thequestion

★★★★★ Added by thequestion

Horrifying.

• DKAudio

★★½ Rewatched by DKAudio 11 Apr, 2014

While driving in some Australian back roads a small group experiences car trouble. A "nice" local agrees to take them back to his place to work on their vehicle and takes them captive.

I almost felt like I had watched this film before, nothing really new or groundbreaking in it. It does have some very exciting and high tension scenes though. A deep hatred towards the antagonist will develop.

• Kat Moir

★★ Watched by Kat Moir 09 Feb, 2015

In terms of boring, predictable, pointless slasher movies, this wasn't a bad one.

Sometimes quite tense, but absolutely no back-story to the killer and a bit of an unsatisfying conclusion means it just doesn't quite hit the mark.

In other news: the Australian Outback is stunning.

And the fact I noticed that means this film wasn't near scary enough.

• Ryland Dinneen

★★½ Added by Ryland Dinneen

Everything about this movie seems to be on some sort of middle ground, and it never uses it's full potential. It left me feeling emotionless and rather uninterested.

• Zaimus Dzewandee

★★★½ Watched by Zaimus Dzewandee 23 Dec, 2010

A truly suspenseful horror tale of three back-packers set in the Australian outback.

Having no idea what this film was about, I assumed it was going to be some kind of alien abduction movie. It turns out to be one of the most classically driven new horror films I've seen in awhile; no contrived plot twists or appeals to other films, no excessive gore scenes which often just look silly or are exploitive. There is a lot of soul in…

• mo_shack

★★★ Watched by mo_shack 28 Jan, 2015

Wolf Creek avoids most of the tired clichéd nonsense usually found in the genre and ends up being unpredictable and intense as a result.

• Ghostsmut

★★ Watched by Ghostsmut 21 Jan, 2015

I found it more unsettling that this was some weird fantasy by the only survivor who blamed it on an unkillable nonsense Crocodile Dundee figure. Felt like the end downplayed the significance of the events. It'd be like making a film about 9/11 and saying it was done by the characters from Pixar's Planes.

Wolf Creek has a simple set up that got dumb really quick. Bad acting throughout. Nearly saved by a gruesome and nasty bit where a girl…

• The Phantom Erik

★★★ Watched by The Phantom Erik 09 Jul, 2014

I’m actually okay with the fact that this may not all be based on a true story; it’s still creepy as hell and has atmosphere for days. John Jarratt deserves placement with some of the horror icons of previous decades for his out-of-nowhere performance here. It’s got great pacing and eerie scenery up to about the halfway point where it unfortunately unspools quickly, feeling almost like an entirely different film. Have to give it an extra thumb, however, just for the knee to the crotch ending.

• Mark_Lemmond

★★½ Watched by Mark_Lemmond 13 Jan, 2015

The one thing I can't stand in horror movies is all that wasted time before things get interesting. If the director is any good then the pain can be minimized unfortunately that's not the case here. The first half of the film is torture to sit through, the second half is one overused cliche after another. Given this movie's reputation I was hoping for more.

• Michael Gannaway / Hucksta G

★★★ Watched by Michael Gannaway / Hucksta G 27 Dec, 2014

Bit disappointed with this one, it wasn't much more than an average horror film along with frustratingly stupid characters and a cartoonish antagonist.