• Kara Coughlin

Watched by Kara Coughlin 29 Aug, 2015

pLOT HOLeeS

• PappaNate

★★½ Watched by PappaNate 26 Aug, 2015

The outback setting and the unnerving performance from John Jarratt only slightly elevate this slasher flick, at times, from usual fare.

• nrbeaton

★★★ Watched by nrbeaton 30 Jul, 2011

A shocking, confrontational film with a great (though disturbing) performance by Jarratt.

• wretchedmonkey1

★★½ Added by wretchedmonkey1

Jarrett is very entertaining as the killer. I appreciated the time the director puts in to make you like the characters. But at the end of the day... we've seen it all before. It's just expertly done.

• IShotJR

★★★★ Watched by IShotJR 01 Aug, 2015

"I'm going to do something now they used to do in Vietnam. It's called making a head on a stick."
    -Mick Taylor

78%

• Rosp

★★½ Added by Rosp

Nota = 5

• Kate Lush

★★½ Rewatched by Kate Lush 29 Jun, 2015

There are a certain number of things you can expect to occur in your typical slash-happy horror film: a car doesn't start, even though it has worked perfectly beforehand; our protagonists are cornered by the killer, but he misses finding them by a hair; characters seem to wait years to do anything, despite being chased by a homicidal maniac, completely neglecting a fear response that you would expect in this situation (i.e. getting the heck out of there as soon…

• JohnTyler

½ Added by JohnTyler

0/10 film.

Boring, pointless, tasteless, and often scriptless, Wolf Creek is a horror film so brutally slow, so full of tedious filler, and so torturous to sit through, that if you looked up the definition of horrendous in the Dictionary of Film, you would most likely find a picture of this film.

• Bill Wheat

★★½ Added by Bill Wheat

I do enjoy many foreign takes on horror, this one included.

• JustinBateman

★★★½ Added by JustinBateman

Three backpackers go exploring in the Australian outback only for their car to break down. A local man tows them to his nearby home but they soon really wish he hadn't.

Based on true events, this could have been a standard slasher movie. That it isn't is credit to first-time director Greg McLean who wisely judges that suspense and imagined horrors are often far more effective than those actually realised on screen. Having said that, this isn't for the fainthearted but it works as well as a tension-filled thriller as it does a terrifying horror flick.

• Caitz

★★★½ Rewatched by Caitz 21 Feb, 2015

Pretty good.

• Matt Lavender

★★★★ Rewatched by Matt Lavender 06 Jun, 2015 2

Still mean spirited and weirdly structured. I like all the vague cosmic allusions at the start, guess they're there to misdirect you for a first time watch but now it makes the story seem bigger than it is for me anyway. I like how everything turns to shit almost exactly halfway through.
    Jarratt absolutely steals the show which sets up part 2 nicely. He's probably one of the most charismatic horror villains for a while, just weird and awkward and sadistic. I waver with this movie, sometimes I'm into it, other times not really. Was really into it this time around.