• Cliff

★★★★ Added by Cliff

What a horrible, nasty, nihilistic film!

Bloody good though. And it's very impressive for a horror movie to be enjoyable and watchable even without anything sinister happening for its first 45-50 minutes.

• Jamg68

★★★★★ Added by Jamg68

This is one of the scariest movies ever. I rarely look away in a film, but did several times. If you love scary then this is for you.

• Adam Moody

★★★½ Added by Adam Moody

Hated this film with a burning passion when I first saw it a couple years ago. And I can completely understand the mindset of my younger self.

But fucking hell is Wolf Creek a gruesome, cruelly effective experience. I found myself in awe of how superbly it works. 50 minutes of simplistic character development with subtle hints that there is an unspoken terror lurking within the Australian desert. And when eccentric Aussie Mick Taylor (John Jarratt) arrives, his friendly facade…

• MCholodewitsch

Added by MCholodewitsch

Pretty decent visual style that has a dirty documentary feel reminiscent of the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre but when the credits roll and i can't remember the name of one of the movie's four characters, that realistic style is all for nothing. The three protagonists are all boring and their stupid decisions largely outweigh their intelligent ones. It's also bad when the villain is a way more interesting character and screen presence.

• Sean M

★★★½ Watched by Sean M 04 Apr, 2015

Solid & effective movie. I was uncomfortable the entire time. John Jarratt's performance just makes you wish you were dead if you were in their shoes. You've seen plenty of movies like this one before but this one is different and deserves the admiration it receives. I really enjoyed the ending and not seeing a typical US ending to a horror movie like this.

• Gimly

★★★★½ Added by Gimly

The mix of totally believable and fun characters, coupled with the unrelenting horror and violence, makes Wolf Creek one of, if not the best horror film Australia has ever released, not to mention one of the most visually stunning films I've ever watched.

Plenty of people will complain that Wolf Creek is slow, but honestly, that doesn't bother me often, it's only in films like Van Diemen's Land (another Australian horror) where the pace never picks up that I get…

• Alfie Saxby

★★★★ Watched by Alfie Saxby 02 Apr, 2015

This shit is the best film ever to get drunk to. Its an experience I'll tell you that for free.

• Samuel

★★½ Watched by Samuel 01 Apr, 2015

Pretty forgettable Australian Texas Chainsaw Massacre with a really memorable bad guy.

• James Clark

★★★ Watched by James Clark 29 Mar, 2015

When three friends go on a road trip in the Australian outback their lives are horrifically changed forever.

Here is an Australian horror movie that is inspired by two sets of real-life incidents. The story is quite enjoyable at the beginning as it takes it's time and let's the viewer get to know the characters, but as things progress it all becomes a bit 'seen it all before', and it falls into the trap of having the characters make decisions…

• Mike Kowzun

★★★ Watched by Mike Kowzun 11 Mar, 2015

Really, really dug the movie that was going on before the violence started.

• thequestion

★★★★★ Added by thequestion

Horrifying.

• DKAudio

★★½ Rewatched by DKAudio 11 Apr, 2014

While driving in some Australian back roads a small group experiences car trouble. A "nice" local agrees to take them back to his place to work on their vehicle and takes them captive.

I almost felt like I had watched this film before, nothing really new or groundbreaking in it. It does have some very exciting and high tension scenes though. A deep hatred towards the antagonist will develop.