• Roger Joseph Ebert

★★★½ Added by Roger Joseph Ebert

The government has a Department of Mutant Affairs in "X-Men: The Last Stand," and it is headed by the mutant Dr. Hank McCoy (Kelsey Grammer), also known as Beast. The Mutant Community seems on its way into the mainstream, the goal long envisioned by Prof. Charles Xavier (Patrick Stewart), the head of the school where young X-Men learn to develop and control their powers. The school purrs along proudly with Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) as a role model, but then a…

• Richard Haylor

★★½ Added by Richard Haylor

This is a decline from the outstanding X2 and Bryan Singer's departure is massively felt at least from a storytelling perspective. Brett Ratner doesn't do a bad job in terms of directing; the visuals are consistent and there is great CGI and well handled set pieces. But the film feels disjointed from the first two with themes of racism and intolerance almost forgotten and as such a sense of urgency and menace feels lacking. The introduction of so many new…

• Mr. Film

★★½ Added by Mr. Film 1

A lot of people have problems with this movie, I still think it not that great, but I think it is an enjoyable movie. Brett Ratner tries to give the film a dead serious tone, but it just doesn't work. There special effects were cool. There is some good performances,
    especially by Jackman. The pacing was a bit awkward, but it can be forgiven. Some of the writing was downright terrible, for example every line that Juggernaut says, and Ratner…

• Liva

★★★ Watched by Liva 20 Apr, 2014

It's very, very messy, but I kind of like its rather grand ambition even if it never quite achieves what it's aiming for.

• Returner of Videotapes

★★ Rewatched by Returner of Videotapes 20 Apr, 2014

Brett Ratner takes over the X-Men franchise's third installment by adapting the “Gifted” and “The Dark Phoenix Saga” story arcs, while essentially killing the franchise in the process. The story line isn't bad, it’s just that the pacing and overall execution is completely off. Also, Ratner’s visual style is violently underwhelming compared to Singer’s in the previous two. These guys clearly spent more time looking through X-Men encyclopedias rather than building a cohesive story, and it shows.

Things I liked…

• patrikrice

★★½ Rewatched by patrikrice 26 Mar, 2014

A Movie a Day: Day 49
    Basic thought of the film:

• Benjamin Devasir

Rewatched by Benjamin Devasir 08 Apr, 2014

Dear God. There is so much potential in this, just as there was the entire trilogy, but just like Bryan Singer before him, Brett Ratner drops the X-Men ball and absolutely shits the bed.

It was a little hard watching the great Ian McKellen says some of the most ridiculous lines in the most ridiculous manners and situations.

• Bettina K.

★★★★½ Watched by Bettina K. 11 Feb, 2008

I know many people will disagree with me here, but "X-Men: The Last Stand" is my personal favorite in the original "X-Men" trilogy. To me, it simply has the most intriguing storyline, and the characters involved are at their best, both emotionally and action-wise. Sure, there might be some plotholes in the story, but so were in the previous two movies. I'm still entertained by the way the characters develop in this installment, and I especially enjoy the performances of…

• joseamaestre

★★ Rewatched by joseamaestre 06 Apr, 2014

Tiene escenas de acción que se mean en todo lo que hizo (o hará) Bryan Singermorning, pero es un mojón argumental de los que siguen haciendo pupa siete años más tarde.

• Russell Dean

Rewatched by Russell Dean 05 Apr, 2014

When watched together this film in the series really stands out, as a terrible, terrible film.

These characters go from outsiders, trying to find the right way foward, to mere totems, where "cool" imagery is all that matters.

Major characters are killed, relationships shift, but these are not dwelled upon as something has not exploded in the last three minutes.

Total bobbins, a much worse film than I remembered it as being. A hateful mess.

• Max Martinez

★★½ Added by Max Martinez

You can tell this film isn't as good as the other two. Where the first two films were not as much as a action blockbuster, this one embraces that more with some of the action parts. I really don't enjoy the story line because there is a lot of wasted potential with the Phoenix character. I honestly felt that this movie didn't really have the same feel as the other film and the same love the other two films had. This movie is just a good popcorn flick.

• Replicant

★½ Rewatched by Replicant 27 Mar, 2014

I didn't think I could develop any more contempt for Brett Ratner until I re-watched X-Men: The Last Stand with audio commentary.

104 minutes of gushing over how amazing his own film is, his $50,000 motorcycle, how many shots were recycled footage from X2, and how fans just misinterpreted the "brilliance" of so many scenes.

3/10. Would not recommend.