• Effice

Added by Effice

"The Last Stand" does only things it should not - like introduce a few easily forgettable characters for the heck of it and kill and revive without any real emotion (except for Wolverine, traditionally swept away by manpain, which is quite unfortunate for the viewers). Sadly, it doesn't serve well as the ending of an otherwise fine trilogy.

• Martin White

★★ Added by Martin White

Letting Brett Ratner anywhere near the X-Men universe should have been made illegal!

• Luke McGowan

★★★½ Added by Luke McGowan

Whilst Kelsey Grammar and Ellen Page make superb additions to the cast, the underuse of Marsden, Paquin and Romijn makes the trade hard to justify. The film stands alongside its predecessors on a visual level, but the narrative feels disjointed and lacks the rewatchability of its predecessors.

• Locke

½ Rewatched by Locke 23 Jan, 2015

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Mully Mullennix

★★★ Rewatched by Mully Mullennix 22 Jan, 2015

It doesn't deserve the crap it gets. It is by no means near as good as the 1st two and it really loses its way. But it is fun an watchable.

• Xelax666

½ Added by Xelax666

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Julio Olivera

★★ Rewatched by Julio Olivera 20 Jan, 2015

Starting my latest birthday by rewatching the most reviled X-men movie. Not sure how that happened.

I like how everybody's fair game here. And there are a handful of moments that work. But man, Magneto's gang of homeless mutants is pathetic.

It's a lot easier to watch this when you know X-Men: Days of Future Past will fix it eventually.

• Mark Atkins

½ Rewatched by Mark Atkins 16 Jan, 2015 2

Worse than I remembered.

• Andy Summers

★★★½ Rewatched by Andy Summers 09 Jan, 2015

Regarded by many as the worst film in the X-Men franchise, Brett Ratner's film may lack that epic superhero vibe of X2, but this is hardly the dud that a lot of people make out.
    Film three in the original series, this sees the return of Jean Grey previously thought killed at the end of X2. The most powerful of all the mutants, we get to see in flashback form her first encounter with both the Professor and Eric Lehnsherr.…

• evlkeith

★½ Rewatched by evlkeith 09 Jan, 2015

Lots of problems with this film: too many new characters, too many character deaths/characters losing their powers, too many shots of the abominations that are young Xavier and young Magneto.

The worst thing by far has to be Vinnie Jones. How he has ever appeared (I won't say acted) in any film is beyond my comprehension but here, he is at his pinnacle of irritatingness.

• Frankco Lamerikx

★★★ Watched by Frankco Lamerikx 07 Jan, 2015

After watching the first two installments, which are both weak films in my opinion, I couldn't resist the strange and inexplicable temptation to watch the third one as well. Warned by reviews telling me that the franchise took a serious nosedive when they enlisted Brett Ratner to replace Bryan Singer, who was at the helm of the first two films, which had been gigantic commercial successes, I expected to hand out the lowest rating to this film. Much to my…

• Ian Osmond

★★★ Rewatched by Ian Osmond 05 Jan, 2015

Been on a Marvel kick lately. Too bad they didn't have Angel as a bigger character.