• Arto Vartiainen

Added by Arto Vartiainen

Meh.

• Wanda Romanoff

★★ Watched by Wanda Romanoff 19 Apr, 2015

well not near as good as the first ones
    a mess im glad bryan singer is back again

• Roman Colombo

★★★½ Rewatched by Roman Colombo 25 May, 2015

Yes, I am fully aware of the faults of this movie. It has a lot of cliches, rushed development or none, jams too much into a short movie, and has a mediocre director. And still, I always have fun watching it. Granted, I only watch it when I watch the first two X-Men movies first, so it's more like watching act 3 instead of a standalone film. In fact, it kind of only works as the third act in one giant film.

But it has Beast. And that is enough for me.

• Qauntiz Smitherman

★★ Rewatched by Qauntiz Smitherman 25 May, 2015

Everyone should take time out of their day to rewatch and witness just how awful Brett is at directing a film. Awful dialogue, camera angles were shit and he didn't even remotely try to hide the fact that beloved characters were used as plot devices so he could simply sashay into the next scene but even worse he transitions from scene to scene like a drunken man who tried to walk home. Each act felt like the installment to a…

• JonTheMantis

★★ Watched by JonTheMantis 16 May, 2015

Meh.
    Could have been better. Watched it with lowered expectations, wasn't over disappointed. They tried to have multiple storylines, but they were eventually overshadowed by the greatest one to the point where your mind goes "Oh, yeah! Now I remember! That was a thing about 20 minutes ago. I'll probably forget about it in a few minutes because, in case I forgot, they're telling me about the Mutant cure. Again."

• Michael King

★½ Rewatched by Michael King 16 May, 2015

If you ever want to look up bad comic book movie in the dictionary, you will find this movie right here. This movie did have its moments but it is mostly filled with over use of CG and a too big fight to end it. The movie combined two great storylines but in a bad way. You can only wonder what Bryan Singer or Matthew Vaughn could have done with this movie.

• Tyler Lyon

★★★ Watched by Tyler Lyon 04 May, 2015

Not as bad as people remember. Still doesn't live up to the expectations set by the previous entry.

• Nablo

★★★ Rewatched by Nablo 05 Apr, 2015

This is a simple case of giving more doesn't make things better, everything is thrown into this film, even a flying golden gate bridge. An because of it X-Men 3 becomes a bloated mess.

Its a shame as the film had potential, an its not without its interesting ideas. The mutant cure is interesting and adds an emotional dilemma for some of the characters but it sadly gets short changed much like the other story strands. Cyclops being one character…

• Angus Miranda

★★★★ Rewatched by Angus Miranda 25 Apr, 2015

When comic book movies get reboots every decade, is there any sense in rewatching the previous films even if these previous films feel like reboots themselves (because they seem to shatter what you think you know of the story arcs they are based on)? X-Men: The Last Stand now seems like it's dangling in a time lapse if you've seen the latest installment. I still enjoyed it (I'm very biased) but I feel that the writing made the supposedly powerful and skilled mutants rather wimpy.

• Song-ho Kim

★★½ Added by Song-ho Kim

(2006년 6월 18일에 쓴 글)

가장 아쉬운 점은 1, 2편의 장점이었던 '사려 깊음'이 사라졌다는 것. 브렛 래트너는 브라이언 싱어만큼 섬세한 연출을 해 내지 못했다. 뮤턴트 치료제를 맞고 보통 인간이 되어버린 미스틱을 버리고 떠나는 매그니토는 내가 알고 있던 그가 아니었다. 논리적으로 어쩌고 간에 감정적으로 도무지 받아들일 수 없는 장면이었다.

갑자기 끼어든 피닉스에 대한 설정도 관객을 불편하게 만들지 않았나 싶다. 2편의 결말에서 진 그레이가 부활할 것이라는 암시가 있긴 했지만, 정작 부활 과정에서 '왜'와 '어떻게'를 제대로 보여주지 못한 것이다. <X-멘> 정도의 프랜차이즈라면 원작…

• Rob Samuelson

★★★ Watched by Rob Samuelson 19 Apr, 2015

In some ways, I like it more than the Singer movies. It's more willing to embrace the comic book-y nature of the material, like the Fastball Special. But as a piece of dramatic art, it suffers from probably being too willing to allow actors out of their contracts without much care paid to a proper sendoff. Main characters die, or are cut off from the things that make them who they are, and then the movie just goes, "On to…

• bastien03r5

★★★½ Added by bastien03r5

Bon point : la bataille finale et l'achèvement de la vraie histoire des X-men. Du spectacle et du mutant à tout va !
    Très mauvais point : Jean Gray qui semble en trop au milieu de tout ça et qui n'aurait pas du revenir... Dommage.