• bamjam

★½ Added by bamjam

I blame Brett Ratner. Thank god Days of Future Past completely retcons this taciturn piece of garbage; it's the Ratnerectomy I've been waiting for for eight years since this film was inflicted upon us.

Great characters, as always, but I couldn't help but suspect that the cast knew this film was a failure in the making, and I didn't feel the commitment from all of them that I'd seen in X-Men and X2.

• CigarsOnMars

★★½ Watched by CigarsOnMars 31 Aug, 2014

Igen, X-Men er ikke nogle superheltefilm der 100% falder i min smag, men okey underholdning.

2,5/5

• KMOKLER

★★ Added by KMOKLER

Why would they pass the franchise onto Brett Ratner I mean seriously over Brian Singer well lets see how it turns out
    99 minutes later
    Oh its crap

• Jason Ooi

★★ Watched by Jason Ooi 25 Aug, 2014

An ultimately disappointing, almost laughable end to the X-Men trilogy, Brett Rattner effectively turns the franchise into a parody of its former self. X-Men: The Last Stand , which thankfully was annulled by the recent Days of Future Past , was a cringe worthy shadow of it's former self.

I mentioned in my last reviews for the other 2 movies that I wanted to see more of a showcase of abilities, something that this movie happily, but sloppily grants. The…

• Carlos Rodríguez

★★★★ Watched by Carlos Rodríguez 02 Jul, 2008

Certainly messy compared to the two previous X-Men films, The Last Stand, though clearly the weakest of the three, is a supremely entertaining visual spectacle and a movie that offers great action sequences. Some of the character development was a bit thin, yet the acting in general was pretty solid and also, the story had a satisfying ending.

• Espen von Hirsch Kummeneje

★★★½ Rewatched by Espen von Hirsch Kummeneje 23 Aug, 2014

OK, NOW we're talking. This film is so much fun I had to go back and rate down X2 half a star just for being in its shadow. Pretty much a non-stop action scene showcasing each mutant using his/her powers, it's almost hard to see how an X-Men feature could have a better premise. And that premise is delivered upon! Famke Janssen going all apocalyptic Jean Grey of Doom! Ian McKellen hamming up his best Gandalf-tremolo! Juggernaut, bitch! Ellen Page re-enacting her standard character, now as Shadowcat! Bill Duke, uh, being in the picture! Much love <3

• Alin Wallace

★★★½ Rewatched by Alin Wallace 17 Aug, 2014

Not as bad as most mainstream press made out.....

• Sean D.

★★ Rewatched by Sean D. 08 Aug, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Gnske

½ Added by Gnske

Almost as disappointing as my life

• LiamMcmillen

★★ Added by LiamMcmillen

Let me preface this review by saying that for a long time I believed both X-Men and X2 were slightly overrated. Sure, they were okay, but I always thought that it was more about Wolverine rather than the X-Men. Some of the casting was great (Stewart and McKellen are perfect), but some of the characters were treated terribly and I never quite forgave them for not putting Jubilee in the films.
    Picture
    But over time I grew to appreciate very…

• Jude Seymour

★★★ Watched by Jude Seymour 29 May, 2006

If this truly is the last “X-Men” installment, then this trilogy should be considered the strongest comic book adaptation ever to grace the silver screen.

Where it lacks all the computer-generated euphoria of the “Spider-Man” series, it compensates with storylines that act as thinly veiled commentary on our current political climate.

In an age when our president wants to place parameters on the institution of marriage, is it difficult to imagine a private pharmaceutical company working overtime to find a…

• Anastasia

½ Added by Anastasia

I saw Jamie Madrox and then they butchered his character too. How do you butcher a cameo?? By being written into this movie that's how.