• Kelly Magovern

★★★ Watched by Kelly Magovern 19 Oct, 2014

I had never finished off this trilogy, but I finally got around to it today. It was okay. If I don't analyze it too much, it's a fun popcorn movie. But the analytical part of me is always a bit frustrated with the X-Men movies because there's such an imbalance between the powers of the various mutants. Like, Wolverine can never beat Magneto. And Beast? What is his power? He jumps around like a chimpanzee, while other mutants can travel at like light speed. It's ridiculous. LOLZ!

• Jason

★★★½ Rewatched by Jason 18 Oct, 2014

Fan boys would kill me, but this xmen film is more fun, with more action. The first two are ok, they tell pretty good stories, but the action and momentum is slow. At least in this film the story is intense and the stakes are high, which results in some awesome action scenes.

• Michael Ashton

★★½ Rewatched by Michael Ashton 19 Oct, 2014

Remind me why I sat through this again?

• Wendy

★★½ Watched by Wendy 12 Oct, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Joshua LF

★★½ Watched by Joshua LF 09 Oct, 2014 4

After the director of the first two X-Men films, Bryan Singer left the X-Men franchise (along with his two writers) to work on Superman Returns, Brett Ratner stepped in to direct the third and final installment of the (initial) X-Men trilogy. X-Men was already a very delicate film series, balancing camp with thrills, resulting in a very silly, but very entertaining film franchise. Alas, Ratner (and notably writers Simon Kinberg and Zak Penn) clearly lack the expertise Singer had in…

• Rodney Terrell

★★★ Rewatched by Rodney Terrell 10 Oct, 2014

"Grow those back.'-Wolverine

After Bryan Singer left X3 for what would become Superman Returns the project went to Matthew Vaughn who then left and the director duties then were given to Brett Ratner. I wonder if the Ratner's name was not attached if this film would get as much crap. It's not a great film by any stretch but it does have good things about it.

X-Men:The Last Stand has a lot of cool ideas and moments, the idea of…

• Anxious77

★★ Added by Anxious77

The Break down

First off, I question why major characters were killed off.

Secondly, I question why major developing characters were left out of the film or with nothing to do.

Third, loss of powers?

Lastly, I express my concerns with the overuse (overkill) of certain characters not necessarily central to the overall original story arch.

The Death Toll:

Ok so, you're mad at James Mardison for ditching the project and running off to Superman. Fine I get it. Can't…

★★★ Rewatched by Joe DiCanio 04 Jun, 2014

Rating: B-

★★½ Rewatched by Joe DiCanio 29 Jul, 2013

Rating: C

★★★ Watched by Joe DiCanio 14 Sep, 2011

Rating: B-

• Timmyray

★★ Rewatched by Timmyray 25 Sep, 2014

Lost the momentum from the first two x-men films but not a complete disaster.

• Nathan Sizemore

★★★★½ Rewatched by Nathan Sizemore 24 Sep, 2014

This is actually a lot better than it's reputed to be. Brett Ratner gets a bad rap. It's one of the more daring and superhero movies out there. It's a major character bloodbath. Between mutants getting "cured" and people dying you've got five major characters in the first two movies getting killed off. Crazy!

80/100