• Benjamin Devasir

Rewatched by Benjamin Devasir 08 Apr, 2014

Dear God. There is so much potential in this, just as there was the entire trilogy, but just like Bryan Singer before him, Brett Ratner drops the X-Men ball and absolutely shits the bed.

It was a little hard watching the great Ian McKellen says some of the most ridiculous lines in the most ridiculous manners and situations.

• Bettina K.

★★★★½ Watched by Bettina K. 11 Feb, 2008

I know many people will disagree with me here, but "X-Men: The Last Stand" is my personal favorite in the original "X-Men" trilogy. To me, it simply has the most intriguing storyline, and the characters involved are at their best, both emotionally and action-wise. Sure, there might be some plotholes in the story, but so were in the previous two movies. I'm still entertained by the way the characters develop in this installment, and I especially enjoy the performances of…

• joseamaestre

★★ Rewatched by joseamaestre 06 Apr, 2014

Tiene escenas de acción que se mean en todo lo que hizo (o hará) Bryan Singermorning, pero es un mojón argumental de los que siguen haciendo pupa siete años más tarde.

• Russell Dean

Rewatched by Russell Dean 05 Apr, 2014

When watched together this film in the series really stands out, as a terrible, terrible film.

These characters go from outsiders, trying to find the right way foward, to mere totems, where "cool" imagery is all that matters.

Major characters are killed, relationships shift, but these are not dwelled upon as something has not exploded in the last three minutes.

Total bobbins, a much worse film than I remembered it as being. A hateful mess.

• BITW

★★½ Added by BITW

You can tell this film isn't as good as the other two. Where the first two films were not as much as a action blockbuster, this one embraces that more with some of the action parts. I really don't enjoy the story line because there is a lot of wasted potential with the Phoenix character. I honestly felt that this movie didn't really have the same feel as the other film and the same love the other two films had. This movie is just a good popcorn flick.

• Replicant

★½ Rewatched by Replicant 27 Mar, 2014

I didn't think I could develop any more contempt for Brett Ratner until I re-watched X-Men: The Last Stand with audio commentary.

104 minutes of gushing over how amazing his own film is, his $50,000 motorcycle, how many shots were recycled footage from X2, and how fans just misinterpreted the "brilliance" of so many scenes.

3/10. Would not recommend.

• alexanderveee

½ Rewatched by alexanderveee 17 Mar, 2014

X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)
    AIDS/10
    3/17/2014
    2\Blu-Ray
    D: Brett Ratner
    W: Simon Kinberg & Zak Penn
    DP: Dante Spinotti (2.35:1 / 35mm)
    C: John Powell

• Frozone

★★½ Rewatched by Frozone 12 Mar, 2014

The action is pretty good. But everything else is bad. Like most fans I hate how they portrait the the phoenix. The phoenix saga is one of the beloved superhero saga.

And they fucked it up...

Sigh.

• Michael Barley-Abbott

★★★ Rewatched by Michael Barley-Abbott 10 Mar, 2014

Rewatched this for the first time since being bitterly disappointed at the cinema (poor Dark Phoenix) and it's not as bad as I thought. Upped 1 star.

• luis reséndiz

★★ Rewatched by luis reséndiz 01 Mar, 2014 2

la primera media hora no es terrible, pese a la muerte de cíclope; después de la muerte de xavier, todo va cuesta abajo. filmada con muchísima corrección pero de forma impresionantemente plana. mucho aquí es un desastre: hay muchos personajes, la información está dispersísima, hay muchas líneas argumentales abiertas que parece increíble que se dejen así --sin ir más lejos, el asunto del niño que puede suprimir las mutaciones--, el discurso de la mutación como metáfora de la homosexualidad está…

• Jabberwocky

★★★ Rewatched by Jabberwocky 26 Feb, 2014

This review reportedly contains spoilers. I can handle the truth.

• Tristiac

★½ Rewatched by Tristiac 22 Feb, 2014

It is a tale told by an idiot full of sound and fury signifying nothing. It's trite but I can't think of a better way of summarizing the experience. A colossal waste of the terrific setup of X2, the Alien 3 of the series. Most of the returning cast is pretty good, making it all the more heartbreaking that the film does such a disservice to their characters. And the plotholes