• Scott Molling

★★★★★ Watched by Scott Molling 29 Apr, 2015

A surrealist masterpiece, although I do have to admit that I wish The Beatles did their own voices in this movie. The animation is incredibly inventive and borrows just enough from the songs to be interesting to Beatles fans but also has plenty there of its own invention. The movie itself is beautiful but also hilarious (just like A Hard Day's Night), and manages to put together some incredible "music video" sequences.

• JohnAllegretti

Added by JohnAllegretti

VHS

• Pax

★★★ Watched by Pax 17 Apr, 2015

I was way too not-on-drugs to understand this movie.

But it's a must-watch for anyone who wants to dive a little more into the mind of the Beatles.

• Alex Tărău

★★★★½ Watched by Alex Tărău 05 Apr, 2015

Film #13 of the "Scavenger Hunt" Challenge!
    Task #13 : A film with a color in the title!

Color : Yellow.
    This is one of the greatest psychedelic, surreal movies that I've ever seen! It's weird and makes no sense at all but it's effin awsome!
    The animation is so witty. Some may say that it is a good example of style over substance, but that's OK if the style we're talking about is unforgettable, right?
    This movie just rolls…

• _Lili_

Watched by _Lili_ 04 Apr, 2015

Film Rainbow

Day 3 - Yellow

• Hamus

Watched by Hamus 24 Mar, 2015

Dr. Seuss meets Terry Gilliam. I'm not a big Beatles guy but now I might reconsider!

From the "I'm a born Lever-puller" point on, I was fully invested. Not only were the puns stupid...ly fun, the animation was wonderfully imaginative as if created by a group of really artistic kindergarteners. (The vacuum monster creating a world of nothingness and the Sea of Holes are now included in my list of favourite animated sequences.) The music also just brings out the…

• Aron Steinn

★★★★½ Watched by Aron Steinn 23 Mar, 2015

This is a truly underrated film which i had never really heard of before watching it. This is so brilliantly visual and the songs are a delight. This truly deserves some more recognition.

• Josiah Morgan

★★★ Watched by Josiah Morgan 21 Mar, 2015

balls

• Kirk

★★★★★ Rewatched by Kirk 08 Mar, 2015

This is one of those films that seems like every frame is made with love. What a wonderful animated celebration of the music of The Beatles. With enough clever puns (and some groan-inducing ones) and jokes and silly gags to make anyone smile, it's a film that you don't care what it's about. You just have to a great time watching it. And I do, every time.

I have so much love for this wonderful movie, and remember: love is all you need.

• Joel Vered

★★★★ Rewatched by Joel Vered 27 Feb, 2015

A very weird film.... but it boasts some dream-like animation and songs from the best band in the history of recorded sound. Some theme's are a little outdated and the film lacks story. But I still consider "The Beatles" own Yellow Submarine to be probably the best of their films, and a little underrated.

• RobertSchirm1

★★★½ Added by RobertSchirm1

My second favorite Beatles film, behind Help! This film really has a weird psychedelic feeling, and is genuinely entertaining, even though the Beatles had almost nothing to do with it.

• Joel Vered

★★★½ Watched by Joel Vered 20 Sep, 1968

"The Beatles" were the best band in the history of recorded of sound. In terms of movies, they were average.