• galacticdude7

★★★½ Watched by galacticdude7 04 May, 2016

While there isn't much to this film story wise, that isn't really the reason for this film. The reason for this film is the music by the Beatles and the visuals. The visuals are stunning and vibrant, and the stops along the way to Pepperland certainly provide a wide variety of visuals for us to enjoy. The music is great, as to be expected from the Beatles, but the thing is that the best songs are the ones you've already…

• AJ Robinson

★★★★½ Added by AJ Robinson

A bizarre and colorful work of art that is incredibly funny and engaging. Highly Recommended

• Evan Whitford

★★★★★ Watched by Evan Whitford 25 Apr, 2016

April Movie Watching Challenge

April 23- A film with a color in the title

I’ve been addicted to The Beatles lately, specifically the album, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band. I ended up watching this, after I couldn’t find a way to watch Perfect Blue. Honestly, I’m glad I did watch this, because this was a true work of art.
    The plot is straight up bizarre. The Blue Meanies invade Pepperland, destroying all fun, happiness, and music. The Beatles are…

• annabelle

★★★★★ Watched by annabelle 14 Feb, 2015

the ppl who made this were probably high but who cares

• Sadsharks

★★★★ Watched by Sadsharks 10 Apr, 2016

What idiot wrote "London" instead of "Liverpool" in the plot summary?

• Anjelica

★★★★ Watched by Anjelica 03 Apr, 2016

I was really having a hard time rating this movie. Whenever a song came on, I was immediately like "fucking 5, all the way!" But I had to remind myself that I was watching it for the story. Which was just mediocre.. Animation was good, and all the creative ways of kinetic typography were good.

• Tyler Perkins

★★★ Watched by Tyler Perkins 30 Mar, 2016

Film #25: Scavenger Hunt 12 (March 2016)
    Task #4: A pre-1970 animated film not made by Disney.

Too much dialogue and not enough music. This is children's movie about doing drugs. You have to find that "sea of green" to "chase the blue meanies away". The animation is really great but there is nothing of substance here. There are some really great lines in here but overall a bore. I wish there were more to it.

• Kyle Faber

★★★½ Watched by Kyle Faber 31 Mar, 2016

Scavenger Hunt #12
    Film #29
    Task #4: A pre-1970 animated film not made by Disney

"I told you not to eat on an empty stomach."
    -Ringo Starr

Hallucinogens: The Movie!

This movie is a drug trip. I'm not even sure I liked it or if it just beat me into submission. I think it just kind of made me fall back into my seat and numbed my mind. I can't even really tell you what it's about and I just finished it. I'm not even sure it's about anything. It has a great soundtrack though. Those Beatles are going places.

• okcordero

★★★½ Watched by okcordero 30 Mar, 2016

Scavenger Hunt 12
    Film #28/Task #4: "A pre-1970 animated film not made by Disney"

If you're a fan of animation, or a fan of The Beatles, you're gonna love this film. If you're not, then you're probably going to have a hard time with it. It's a really hard film to criticize, since there's a somewhat of a plot, but it's more of an exploration of The Beatles' music set to some really trippy animation. The plot revolves around Old…

• PleinSoleil

★★ Watched by PleinSoleil 29 Mar, 2016

Film #24 of the March 2016 Scavenger Hunt
    Task #4. A pre-1970 animated film not made by Disney

I don't know if it's just me, but this film just felt exhausting to watch. It just wasn't the right vibe for anything that I was looking for. Yellow Submarine is full of half-finished ideas, really clunky humor, and baffling story that fails to translate all around. The plot, characters, everything is a total mess and not in a fun way. The…

• Lionel

★★★½ Watched by Lionel 13 Mar, 2016

This movie is drugs. It almost doesn't feel like the kind of film you can rate and review, since it was probably made in some kind of incoherent haze, or else at least meant to be experienced in one. It's pretty fun overall, and the songs are obviously genius. The bits that aren't set to music, though, tend to fall sort of flat for me.

• LifeQuest

★★★★ Watched by LifeQuest 10 Aug, 2015

Well, of course you can never go wrong with the Beatles! I loved the creativity and the songs! The animation was very fun to watch, and I think it is interesting how this film influenced Terry Gilliam! There was so much to see and take in! I really liked the part where they showed you how long a minute was, and an example of what could be done with it artistically. It is definitely a film that I will revisit!