• Anthony Ajb1209_MovieReviews

★★½ Watched by Anthony Ajb1209_MovieReviews 03 Oct, 2015

Yellow Submarine Movie Review #105

I love the Beatles. They are my favorite musicians ever. My first Beatles Movie I’ve seen left me very, very confused. I take back saying Fantasia and Dr. Strangelove are odd because this takes the cake. The plot is about a bunch of blue people who are trying to take over the world and The Beatles halve to defeat them. This made no sense. the execution to it was strange. There are four people/groups in…

• Jordan McLaughlin

★★★★½ Watched by Jordan McLaughlin 26 Sep, 2015

What an imaginative and visually spectacular film! Okay

• AnimatorReviewa

★★★★ Added by AnimatorReviewa

To get reviews a day early, follow me on Tumblr: animatorreviewer.tumblr.com

“We all live in a yellow submarine, yellow submarine, yellow submarine.”

After Magical Mystery Tour was a flop, it was understandable that The Beatles didn’t want to make another movie. Since they were still contractually obligated to make at least one more, the Fab Four hired a team to make an animated film that they didn’t have to have anything to do with. That movie was called Yellow Submarine.…

• FilmEgg

★★½ Watched by FilmEgg 06 Sep, 2015

Amusing animation. Great songs. No narrative.

• Justin Swanson

★★★★ Watched by Justin Swanson 02 Sep, 2015

Fascinating. Brilliant. Mental. Terrifying. Simplistic. Complex. Ridiculous.
    Really hard to know what to make of this. But it was fun!

• Jeremy Koh

★★★★ Watched by Jeremy Koh 02 Sep, 2015

I'm not sure what I saw. Except that it was amazing.

• Malori Bigler

★★★★ Watched by Malori Bigler 24 Feb, 2015

Such a fun movie!

• Eoghan Lyng Lyng

★★★★★ Added by Eoghan Lyng Lyng

If you remember the sixties, you weren't there.

Well, I can't remember the sixties, but this is a good substitute.

• massageman

★★★★ Watched by massageman 10 Aug, 2015

Well, of course you can never go wrong with the Beatles! I loved the creativity and the songs! The animation was very fun to watch, and I think it is interesting how this film influenced Terry Gilliam! There was so much to see and take in! I really liked the part where they showed you how long a minute was, and an example of what could be done with it artistically. It is definitely a film that I will revisit!

• EpicEdwardo

★★★★½ Watched by EpicEdwardo 31 Jul, 2015

This movie is acid on acid.

• Richard Horne

★★★★ Added by Richard Horne

I'm sure I don't need to say this but I will anyway. A healthy dose of LSD will make this movie one of the most watchable films on the planet.

• Anthony Iessi

★★★★★ Added by Anthony Iessi

I love animation, and I love The Beatles. Together, they're like Peanut Butter and Jelly. It's just a beautiful experience. The whole film captures the spirit of the entire band, and what they stood for. Love is all you need.