• Richard Horne

★★★★ Added by Richard Horne

I'm sure I don't need to say this but I will anyway. A healthy dose of LSD will make this movie one of the most watchable films on the planet.

• Anthony Iessi

★★★★★ Added by Anthony Iessi

I love animation, and I love The Beatles. Together, they're like Peanut Butter and Jelly. It's just a beautiful experience. The whole film captures the spirit of the entire band, and what they stood for. Love is all you need.

• Luke

★★★★½ Watched by Luke 01 Jul, 2015

Just realized that I'd never seen the whole thing. It's kind of amazing.

• Not Dave Kehr

Added by Not Dave Kehr

Souvenir psychedelia, with intrusions of art nouveau and Peter Max (1968). The animation is imaginatively conceived, but stiffly executed. A Fantasia designed for heads, the film does no more justice to the music than Disney's artists did. But Disney had the excuse of innocence, whereas this shrewdly conceived commercial project does not. George Dunning directed.

• coolboy1266

★★★★★ Added by coolboy1266

I dont know why but when this movie ended i laugh with a huge smile on my face. I'm not sure if it was me or just weird and wonder full this movie was.

• Jon Baum

★★★★ Rewatched by Jon Baum 08 Jun, 2015

its all in the mind

• hugoball49

★★★★ Watched by hugoball49 07 Jun, 2015

Quite the fun Sunday trip, with all the silly Beatles banter, daring animation, and excellent music.

• solidcurrency

★★½ Watched by solidcurrency 29 May, 2015

Fun, trippy animation that reminded me of Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

• Sc8lo

Watched by Sc8lo 31 Jul, 2011

Like taking acid without taking acid.

• Ryster

★★★★ Rewatched by Ryster 22 May, 2015

___________________________________________________________
    Film #23 of the "Scavenger Hunt #2" Challenge!
    letterboxd.com/ryster/list/scavenger-hunt-2/
    Task #6 - A Submarine film!
    ___________________________________________________________

Here's the thing with Yellow Submarine, it's a strange, delightful animation that has The Beatles as the main characters. I just recently found out though that the people who voice The Beatles aren't actually The Beatles, didn't stop me from enjoying the film though and the actual Beatles show up at the end anyway to give us a farewell. Anyway, I'm a massive…

• DeLuxODonnell92

★★★★★ Added by DeLuxODonnell92

The Beatles-inspired psychedelic odyssey is a film that both defines and redefines animation. It uses the limitless medium to its advantage, showcasing mindblowing and beautifully surreal, colorful imagery to match the eclecticism of The Beatles' music that was conceived and recorded during their peak years. It's admittedly very light on plot, but the film has a joyful sincerity to it, a friendly playful tone, and it loves to explore the weird and the whimsical. That way, it works wonderfully for…

• SJHoneywell

★★★★ Added by SJHoneywell

It's pure fantasy
    Pure Beatles, and pure magic.
    Such a fun movie.