• Roger Joseph Ebert

★★★★★ Added by Roger Joseph Ebert

"Once upon a time, or maybe twice, there was a land called Pepperland. Eighty thousand leagues beneath the sea it lay, or lie (I'm not too sure)."

***

"Yellow Submarine" was released in 1968, after the Summer of Love but before Woodstock, when the Beatles stood astride the world of pop music, and "psychedelic art" had such an influence that people actually read underground newspapers printed in orange on yellow paper. That was the year "2001: A Space Odyssey" was…

• HMMWV

★★★★★ Rewatched by HMMWV 05 Apr, 2014

Fantastic.

• cineedo

★★★★ Added by cineedo

cineedo.altervista.org/film_scheda.php?id1=97

• Gala Avary

★★★★★ Rewatched by Gala Avary 16 Mar, 2014 3

One of my favorite films. I love the animation and the story. Most, if not all, of the songs are my favorite songs from the Beatles. It's super fun to sing along and it's a childhood favorite. All you need is love...

One thing that strikes me as odd was that the Beatles didn't do their own voices ... I recently just found this out, but it didn't really change how I felt about the movie.

• robert_holly

★★★ Added by robert_holly

Such original animation.

• Po

★★★★ Rewatched by Po 06 Feb, 2014

The animation and story are irrepressibly wondrous and vibrant. The music, the Beatles tunes original to the film and those existing previously, as well as the George Martin score, is beautifully bouncy. The uniquely creepy Blue Meanies and nowhere man Jeremy Boob are character highlights. Much fun.

• Steven Post

★★★½ Rewatched by Steven Post 05 Mar, 2014

Famed musical quartet The Beatles are whisked away on a surreal animated musical quest to save a parallel maybe-dream world from some whiny sadist contrarians.

I loved this film as a child, but as an adult I'm seriously trying to figure out how this film was successful enough that Robert Zemeckis wants to remake it. My only feasible conclusion so far is drugs. Lots and lots of very good drugs.

The music is studio material off a modest assortment of…

• David

★★★ Added by David

I liked the 60's trippy style. The music was nice, but "Nowhere Man" was my favorite song in the whole film. Maybe the story is not that strong, but I appreciate the effort of the animators.

• Cogerson

★★★ Watched by Cogerson 23 Feb, 2014 2

Ok the music is classic....the animation is ground breaking (a huge influence on the great Terry Gilliam)....The Beatles (wow do they look young) appear at the end of the movie....all those are the good things. The bad....the story does not make any sense. The story....blue meanies who hate music attack the land of musicians....the Beatles take a ride on the yellow submarine and save the day.

• Fesapo

★★★★½ Added by Fesapo

92/100

• Y Dela Peña

★★★★½ Watched by Y Dela Peña 25 Jan, 2014

All we need is LOVE.

• michael cali

★★★★½ Watched by michael cali 26 Jan, 2014

a psychedelic masterpiece, something every Beatles fan should see.