• Hamus

Watched by Hamus 24 Mar, 2015

Dr. Seuss meets Terry Gilliam. I'm not a big Beatles guy but now I might reconsider!

From the "I'm a born Lever-puller" point on, I was fully invested. Not only were the puns stupid...ly fun, the animation was wonderfully imaginative as if created by a group of really artistic kindergarteners. (The vacuum monster creating a world of nothingness and the Sea of Holes are now included in my list of favourite animated sequences.) The music also just brings out the…

• Aron Steinn

★★★★½ Watched by Aron Steinn 23 Mar, 2015

This is a truly underrated film which i had never really heard of before watching it. This is so brilliantly visual and the songs are a delight. This truly deserves some more recognition.

• Josiah Morgan

★★★ Watched by Josiah Morgan 21 Mar, 2015

balls

• Kirk

★★★★★ Rewatched by Kirk 08 Mar, 2015

This is one of those films that seems like every frame is made with love. What a wonderful animated celebration of the music of The Beatles. With enough clever puns (and some groan-inducing ones) and jokes and silly gags to make anyone smile, it's a film that you don't care what it's about. You just have to a great time watching it. And I do, every time.

I have so much love for this wonderful movie, and remember: love is all you need.

• Joel Vered

★★★★ Rewatched by Joel Vered 27 Feb, 2015

A very weird film.... but it boasts some dream-like animation and songs from the best band in the history of recorded sound. Some theme's are a little outdated and the film lacks story. But I still consider "The Beatles" own Yellow Submarine to be probably the best of their films, and a little underrated.

• RobertSchirm1

★★★½ Added by RobertSchirm1

My second favorite Beatles film, behind Help! This film really has a weird psychedelic feeling, and is genuinely entertaining, even though the Beatles had almost nothing to do with it.

• Joel Vered

★★★½ Watched by Joel Vered 20 Sep, 1968

"The Beatles" were the best band in the history of recorded of sound. In terms of movies, they were average.

• haleybourgeois

★★★★★ Added by haleybourgeois

This is seriously one of the best films in history, well if you're a Beatles fan. I loved every song played through out, the animation is a bit scary though.

• aimee

★★★★½ Rewatched by aimee 07 Jan, 2015

This was good for my soul today. It was needed.

• David Pearce

★★½ Watched by David Pearce 06 Jan, 2015

-Now Ringo's gone; what are we going to do?
    -Learn to sing trios!
    -Nah, let's save the poor devil.

Yellow Submarine is a great music video, terrible story and overall a mediocre film.

The film truly rushes into the story. Without even allowing a minutes worth of establishing time in the bizarre realm of Pepperland, the people are already being attacked by the creepy-looking Blue Meanies. From this attack, not even five minutes into the film, Old Fred is sent…

• COBRARocky