• Joel Vered

★★★★ Rewatched by Joel Vered 27 Feb, 2015

A very weird film.... but it boasts some dream-like animation and songs from the best band in the history of recorded sound. Some theme's are a little outdated and the film lacks story. But I still consider "The Beatles" own Yellow Submarine to be probably the best of their films, and a little underrated.

• RobertSchirm1

★★★½ Added by RobertSchirm1

My second favorite Beatles film, behind Help! This film really has a weird psychedelic feeling, and is genuinely entertaining, even though the Beatles had almost nothing to do with it.

• Joel Vered

★★★½ Watched by Joel Vered 20 Sep, 1968

"The Beatles" were the best band in the history of recorded of sound. In terms of movies, they were average.

• haleybourgeois

★★★★★ Added by haleybourgeois

This is seriously one of the best films in history, well if you're a Beatles fan. I loved every song played through out, the animation is a bit scary though.

• aimee

★★★★½ Rewatched by aimee 07 Jan, 2015

This was good for my soul today. It was needed.

• David Pearce

★★½ Watched by David Pearce 06 Jan, 2015

-Now Ringo's gone; what are we going to do?
    -Learn to sing trios!
    -Nah, let's save the poor devil.

Yellow Submarine is a great music video, terrible story and overall a mediocre film.

The film truly rushes into the story. Without even allowing a minutes worth of establishing time in the bizarre realm of Pepperland, the people are already being attacked by the creepy-looking Blue Meanies. From this attack, not even five minutes into the film, Old Fred is sent…

• COBRARocky

★★★★ Watched by COBRARocky 03 Jan, 2015

holy shit smoke weed

• inamax

★★★ Added by inamax

Some interesting visuals.

• benhamine

★★★½ Watched by benhamine 19 Dec, 2014

This movie is super trippy but not really difficult to understand through the lenses of a child. I think this is where this film works best, in the mind of a child. It reminds me of the type of stuff I watched as a kid. They've got everything from the Scooby Doo doors, to the Dr Seuss-esque worlds, to the Looney Tunes types of puns and gags. The animation is gorgeous. It has a Monty Python Gillian-esque vibe to it…

• Sean Frost

Watched by Sean Frost 06 Dec, 2014

So. Many. Drugs.

• Miiko Valkonen

★★★★★ Added by Miiko Valkonen

How could I not love this movie, I watched it every day when I was a kid.

I'm hardly an unbiased source, but this movie is just so magical. Great way for kids to get into The Beatles.

• Zim Dela Peña

★★★★ Added by Zim Dela Peña

Rants!

1. Eccentric.
    2. A piece of art.
    3. It's like watching a series of music video.
    4. Thank you for sharing your music, The Beatles.
    5. Indeed, all you need is love.

That's all!