• K. Austin Collins

Watched by K. Austin Collins 29 Jun, 2015

(More later)

• Sandip Dust

★★★ Watched by Sandip Dust 27 Jun, 2015

A movie which cheers you up!

• Edu_666

★★★ Rewatched by Edu_666 14 Jun, 2015

Sometimes you just need a movie to cheer you up.

• Fish

★★★ Rewatched by Fish 14 Jun, 2015

Away in Ireland, at a wedding, there wasn't much time for films, but I switched on the TV and this little doozy was on. 'Yes Man' is a charming comedy of errors, namely, in saying yes to everything.

There is solid chemistry between Carey and Deschanel, with a mildly believable (if extreme fairy tale) plot to bring them together. He is a bored, middle aged man stuck in a rut of a job, struggling to recover from his disastorous divorce.…

• Conor Murnane

★★½ Added by Conor Murnane

One of those films that tries way too hard, way too often to seem non-cynical and "meaningful" but, ultimately, ends up feeling insincere and cloying, with painfully obvious shills for Costco and Red Bull, among others, and a clear desire to pander to the crowd who want Jim Carreys' shtick from the 90s. Maybe it was well-intentioned at one point, but it is simply an unfunny mass-produced product masked by some New Age bollocks.

• PhilParma

Added by PhilParma

Wow, he indiscriminately gave out loans and got a promotion! Fun!

Also: be yourself!*

*as long as that self is out going and adventurous.

• LillaLili

Added by LillaLili

Az Igen Ember

• Kyle Hermary

★★½ Rewatched by Kyle Hermary 07 May, 2015

_________________________________________________________________

Film #8 of the "Scavenger Hunt 2" Challenge!
    Task #13: A film about or featuring something on your bucket list
    ___________________________________________________________________

For this task, you had to choose something that was on your bucket list. I choose this film because I want to be as carefree as Jim Carry in this film. I want to be able to say yes to any situation and see where it takes me in life. That's one of the more interesting subjects in…

• Marna Larsen

Added by Marna Larsen

Hmm...I must have blocked this out entirely.

• Yumin Ha

★★½ Added by Yumin Ha

oay

• Rob Summers

★★★½ Rewatched by Rob Summers 05 Apr, 2015

GF picked this one. She's never seen it.

Was still a pretty funny movie.

Carrey is just a blast. He can do the big humor. But he sells the small stuff too.

Peyton Reed's direction is unfussy and nice looking. Whole cast is uniformly good. Rhys Darby kills. But every one shines.

Some stuff is a little much but it's such a smile inducing fun time with a great hook.

• Kat Moir

★★★★ Rewatched by Kat Moir 08 Apr, 2015 1

Far from perfect, but hilarious and one of Jim Carrey's best.