• Ripsan: Film Warrior

★★★★ Rewatched by Ripsan: Film Warrior 05 Sep, 2014

Criminally underrated film, Yes Man is easily Jim Carrey's best work since the mid 90s.

• Roman Colombo

★★★ Watched by Roman Colombo 29 Aug, 2014

This movie comes on Comedy Central a lot, and it kind of grows on me more and more each time it does. One scene that stands out is with the brilliant Luis Guzman. Now, generally it's hard to make suicide part of a screwball comedy, but the scene turns out to have a lot of heart as Jim Carrey's Carl singing Third Eye Blind's "Jumper" to the Guzman as he is about to jump off a ledge, and all the spectators sing along. It's a lot like, but not as good as, Liar Liar. A Cute comedy with just enough vulgarity...and a pre-famous Bradley Cooper.

• Lowbacca

★★½ Watched by Lowbacca 29 Aug, 2014

All in all, while I wasn't impressed too much with this movie, it was a lot better than I'd expected. Jim Carrey is better than I'm used to in this, and it's a more grounded performance.

As far as the plot, it's fairly dumb, but it does lead to a few good moments, although there's strong feelings of everything being too cliche, too predictable, and too convenient throughout the film. It does sometimes break out of this for bits of…

• sho_chan0319

★★★ Rewatched by sho_chan0319 29 Dec, 2008

Loved this movie. It was pretty good.

• Ramón Calderón

Watched by Ramón Calderón 20 Aug, 2014

A fairly conventional feel-good comedy that nonetheless works surprisingly well for me. It's quite obvious at times, but completely succeeds at making me laugh and lifting up my spirit, which is all that should be asked of a movie like this. The tone is spot on for my taste, right between Jim Carrey's most over-the-top stuff and his more restrained roles. I laughed more than expected.

• joshuabenda93

★★½ Watched by joshuabenda93 13 Aug, 2014

Good movie, interesting plot and I felt like the connection between the two characters were forced at times.

• Jivago Achkar Jrieje Alcantara

★★★★ Watched by Jivago Achkar Jrieje Alcantara 12 Aug, 2014

Com certeza a forma como foi colocada o "Sim" pra tudo não se aplica à nossa realidade, porém tem um enredo muito inspirado e motivador. Faz com que pensemos em quantas oportunidades deixamos passar quando dissemos "não" e em quantas nos ferramos quando dissemos "sim". Haha Tudo é relativo. Uma excelente comédia, Jim está muito bom! Recomendo.

• Brent Paton

★★★½ Added by Brent Paton

Great comedy hits all the right notes. Really enjoyable.

• Darksworm

★★★★★ Rewatched by Darksworm 31 Jul, 2014

The great Jim Carrey never dissapoints me.

• Trash Cinema

★★ Rewatched by Trash Cinema 03 Aug, 2014

Jim Carrey plays...well Jim Carrey in this over the top ridiculouis comedy where a boring office guy goes to a seminar and starts to say yes to everything. Dumb gags follow along with thousands of ridiculous faces of Jim Carrey...exactly the same ones as in 99% of the movies he already did. Forgettable and even the firl does not give me a hard on...

• Carolinanz

★★½ Added by Carolinanz

"The world's a playground. You know that when you are a kid, but somewhere along the way everyone forgets it"

• Kamil

★★★ Watched by Kamil 06 Jul, 2014

Um es auf den Punkt zu bringen - ein typischer Jim Carrey-Streifen. Der Schauspieler mit dem elastischen Gesicht schlüpft hier in die Rolle eines Mannes in seiner Midlife-Crisis, der einsam im Leben steht und sich vor seiner Umwelt verschließt - also Einladungen von Freunden nicht wahrnimmt, keine Anrufe beantwortet und am liebsten seine Abende alleine vor dem Fernseher verbringt. Eines Tages wird er aber in ein Seminar mitgeschleppt, das sein Leben umkrempeln soll und vor allem auf einem Wort seine…