• Ben Rasmin

★★ Rewatched by Ben Rasmin 23 Jul, 2016

I came very close to handing this film three stars as opposed to two but realised that I'd only be doing so because I really fancy Zooey Deschanel's character and continue to be a Jim Carrey fan, despite the fact he hasn't made a decent film in over a decade (the last being Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind). One writer has described Yes Man as being 'undemanding, light and enjoyable' and whilst I'd say that's about right, it shouldn't be enough to dissuade you from seeking out Carrey and director Peyton Reed's better work. Terrence Stamp's character is pretty great though.

• Sharon Rwakatungu

★★★½ Watched by Sharon Rwakatungu 20 Jul, 2016

I am such a Yes woman, its the only way to live people. So relateable and just enjoyable to watch.

• Luke McGowan

★★★★ Rewatched by Luke McGowan 17 Jul, 2016

Perfect casting choice of Zooey Deschanal, Jom Carrey, Bradley Cooper and Terrence Stamp. Couldn't imagine anyone more perfect than those four in those roles. I really liked Sasha Alexander as Lucy, John Michael Alexander as the man who gets sucked into the cult of yes, and especially Rhys Danby as the easily impressed, super affable boss Norm. He's by far the best part of the movie. Less good is Danny Masterton as the redundant second friend Rooney and Fionulla Flanagan…

• kh_haeri

★★★★½ Watched by kh_haeri 14 Jul, 2016

Allison: The world's a playground. You know that when you are a kid, but somewhere along the way everyone forgets it.

• Joyce Heinen

★★★½ Rewatched by Joyce Heinen 03 Jul, 2016

Film # 1 of the "Scavenger Hunt # 16" Challenge
    Task # 19: A movie with a Batman villain actor/ actress
    letterboxd.com/joyceheinen/list/scavenger-hunt-16-july-2016/
    ___________________________________________________________________
    Carl Allen’s life is one big NO. He has been doing the same job for years, his ex-wife is dating someone else, he doesn’t answer his friend’s phone calls and he doesn’t go to the theme parties his co-worker Norman invites him to. An old friend tells him about the ‘Yes Man’, something that changed his life…

• lobsta

★★★½ Rewatched by lobsta 03 Jul, 2016

I hate that I like this movie. I hated that I liked it when it came out and possibly hated myself more liking it again today , stuck watching crap on TV.

Hate might be a little strong but it gets to me. So manipulated. Such a big fake comedy of studio formulas and a cheese ridden one liner plots. There's Iranian brides, motorcycle ass and an elderly lady in constant Netflix -home repair- and chill. Just constant cringe material.…

• santikaputra

★★★ Added by santikaputra

I'VE GOT BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS !

• avokiddo

★★★ Watched by avokiddo 30 Jun, 2016

i fell asleep, but i kinda liked it anyway?

• Jessica Noir

★★★★ Rewatched by Jessica Noir 29 Jun, 2016

Turns out I've reached the "I know every single line of this movie" stage of my relationship with this film. I have no problem with this.

• Gaticornio

★★★★ Watched by Gaticornio 19 Jun, 2016

Sólo hay que decir "sí" cuando de verdad queremos decir "sí".

• André Dick

★★★★ Watched by André Dick 20 Jun, 2016

É interessante como alguns espectadores escondem de fato sua opinião sobre alguns filmes tratando-os como "prazeres culpados". A ideia de que existe um filme que não tem qualidades suficientes para a maior parte dos espectadores não significa, claramente, que seja destituído de qualidade. O público, em grande parte, pode estar equivocado. Um exemplo claro é desta comédia com Jim Carrey, tratada como um genérico em sua carreira, mas tão vital quanto outras que se transformaram em cults, como "Debi & Loide"…

• Adrian Zachow

★★½ Rewatched by Adrian Zachow 19 Jun, 2016

Watchable, but middling vehicle for Carey feels in a way linked to Liar Liar in that once again Carrey's character's behavior is restricted to a set of rules that set the story in motion - this time the inability to answer to any request with anything but a yes after an intervention with a self-help guru. Zooey Deschanel belongs in a better romcom than this but contributes some cool retro songs; Rhys Davis seems to steal scenes from right under Carrey's feet with his own brand of shtick.