• Adam Bolden

★★★½ Watched by Adam Bolden 14 Dec, 2012

Carl (Jim Carrey) is a man who never says "yes" to anything, but one day he visits a seminar where he learns to say "yes" to everything. Because of this, his life becomes fuller and he meets Allison (Zooey Deschanel), a free spirit who makes his life better. But all the "yes"'s in the world can't fix all of your problems, and Carl is going to find out soon enough that his method might not be fool-proof.

I just realized…

• shampoocell

★★★ Watched by shampoocell 25 Feb, 2015

Predictable and trite, but certainly not without charm and laughs.

• Mizatt

★★½ Watched by Mizatt 17 Feb, 2015

Zooey Daschenel elevates this from a two star movie to a two and a halfer. A few laughs, but few and far between.

• Parker Jackson

★★★½ Watched by Parker Jackson 08 Feb, 2015

Well it's not original or unique (it's basically Liar Liar except with the word yes) but Yes Man was enjoyable and at times pretty funny. Jim Carrey is doing his wacky shtick again but it's always fun to see him do that. Peyton Reed directs this and it makes me a little worried for the upcoming Ant-Man movie because this director has no style or uniqueness. For all I know this could have been directed by anybody. Zooey Deschanel and…

• Marinella Rose

★★★★★ Watched by Marinella Rose 06 Feb, 2015

This really gives one a positive aura.

• deadmanramsey

★★ Added by deadmanramsey

38/100

• Courtney Cheshire

★★★ Watched by Courtney Cheshire 01 Feb, 2015

I have a pretty low tolerance for comedy movies, but this was kind of cute.

• soupydoupyy

★★★½ Watched by soupydoupyy 19 Jan, 2015 2

So here is the thing: I recently read Danny Wallace's book that inspired this movie and fell absolutely in love with it. His writing style is so unique and extremely witty. In addition to that I fell in love with the real life journey he went on. The characters he came across. The self discovery he had. The twists and turns along the way. So now I am reaaaaally wishing that they had just done a movie version of that…

• interlnk

★★★½ Watched by interlnk 23 Jan, 2015

Good cast and quite a few decent laughs in this one

• Luke McGowan

★★★★½ Added by Luke McGowan

A delightful premise and charming performances manage to pave over the bumps in the otherwise enjoyable ride.

• anne_f_

★★★★ Watched by anne_f_ 17 Jan, 2015

Carl (Jim Carrey) resolves to say "Yes" to every question asked of him to help himself get out of post-divorce depression. This was rather good fun, and I'm sure must have made some people wonder what it would be like to never say no. It certainly wouldn't make life easy!

• Jason MD-P

★★★ Added by Jason MD-P

There was a lot of plot and character cliches in this film, but I still enjoyed watching it. I actually like Carrey toned down like this (I HATED Pet Detective and movies of that ilk), and I have a massive crush on Deschanel (damn you, Ben Gibbard!), which probably means I rated this at least a half a star higher than it's worth. Still, there were some really nice scenes despite a lot of mediocrity.