• soupydoupyy

★★★½ Watched by soupydoupyy 19 Jan, 2015 2

So here is the thing: I recently read Danny Wallace's book that inspired this movie and fell absolutely in love with it. His writing style is so unique and extremely witty. In addition to that I fell in love with the real life journey he went on. The characters he came across. The self discovery he had. The twists and turns along the way. So now I am reaaaaally wishing that they had just done a movie version of that…

• interlnk

★★★½ Watched by interlnk 23 Jan, 2015

Good cast and quite a few decent laughs in this one

• Luke McGowan

★★★★½ Added by Luke McGowan

A delightful premise and charming performances manage to pave over the bumps in the otherwise enjoyable ride.

• anne_f_

★★★★ Watched by anne_f_ 17 Jan, 2015

Carl (Jim Carrey) resolves to say "Yes" to every question asked of him to help himself get out of post-divorce depression. This was rather good fun, and I'm sure must have made some people wonder what it would be like to never say no. It certainly wouldn't make life easy!

• Jason MD-P

★★★ Added by Jason MD-P

There was a lot of plot and character cliches in this film, but I still enjoyed watching it. I actually like Carrey toned down like this (I HATED Pet Detective and movies of that ilk), and I have a massive crush on Deschanel (damn you, Ben Gibbard!), which probably means I rated this at least a half a star higher than it's worth. Still, there were some really nice scenes despite a lot of mediocrity.

• Milan Todorovic

★★★★ Rewatched by Milan Todorovic 09 Jan, 2015

Pretty good feel good movie. I liked it first time I saw it, I liked it again.

• sarahjeancinema

★★★ Rewatched by sarahjeancinema 04 Jan, 2015

I know there is so much advertising placed in the film, and that it is super cliche and by the book comedy-with-a-hint-of-rom, but Jim Carrey just makes me laugh so much. Sometimes the physical comedy and funny faces just work?

• joelhwa

★★★ Watched by joelhwa 03 Sep, 2010

6/10: Better than I expected. The are quite a few funny scenes. Watch this if you wanna have a good heartily laugh.

• Chloe

★★★½ Added by Chloe

A lighthearted upbeat film with a strong message. Glad Jim Carey wasn't his usual prankster self in this which brought more seriousness to the film and the ability to take himself seriously. The message is to always say yes and although this leads him in some awkward circumstances, it allows him to find love. Happy lovely movie that will brighten your day.

• Felipe Pinho

★★★½ Watched by Felipe Pinho 09 Dec, 2014

★★★½ "The era of "yes" has begun"

Don't know why I had never watched this movie. I guess I've just missed the opportunity to say "yes" to it. The movie is a love-and-life-lessons one. With a good dose of comedy, Peyton, shows us that saying yes can change lives. Can put you in a lot of troubles too.

Zoey quotes it very well: "The world's a playground. You know that when you are a kid, but somewhere along the way…

• krieg

★★★½ Rewatched by krieg 09 Dec, 2014

Nice and flowing movie
    Nice songs heheh

• Matt Wooldridge

★★½ Watched by Matt Wooldridge 02 Apr, 2009

1. The script could have been funnier/more polished.
    2. The supporting cast needed better actors to hold their own with Carrey.
    3. The cinematography was awful.

Other than these points, it's a good comedy. Not great, but not bad. If you like Carrey's humour, you'll like this. There are some genuine laugh out loud moments. But it’s strange to see Carrey in a film that every now and then reeks of low budget.