• Secretkey

★★★ Watched by Secretkey 06 Jul, 2014

Um es auf den Punkt zu bringen - ein typischer Jim Carrey-Streifen. Der Schauspieler mit dem elastischen Gesicht schlüpft hier in die Rolle eines Mannes in seiner Midlife-Crisis, der einsam im Leben steht und sich vor seiner Umwelt verschließt - also Einladungen von Freunden nicht wahrnimmt, keine Anrufe beantwortet und am liebsten seine Abende alleine vor dem Fernseher verbringt. Eines Tages wird er aber in ein Seminar mitgeschleppt, das sein Leben umkrempeln soll und vor allem auf einem Wort seine…

• John Winters

★★½ Rewatched by John Winters 21 Jul, 2014 2

This is a great definition of the word 'mediocre'. Not good, not bad, just serviceable. There are hilariously on the mark moments, and then there are moments far off the reservation. Jim Carrey is funny though.

• sleepingjamie

★★½ Rewatched by sleepingjamie 16 Jul, 2014

Averagely funny but an interesting idea that is not developed enough. Jim Carrey sells it brilliantly as he is a great comic actor. He's definitely the films strong point. Worth a casual watch.

• Matias Gallipoli

★★½ Rewatched by Matias Gallipoli 23 Jun, 2014

Un nivel medio de Jim Carrey, no es culpa de el, claro. Como siempre hay cosas excelentes, por ejemplo el papel de Rhys Darby, muy bueno, creo q es el q mas me hizo reir en toda la pelicula.
    Algo q se hace evidente es lo mal q puede estar hecho un casting, esta chica Deschanel esta en una sintonia completamente distinta a la de Jim Carrey, es una pareja extraña, ella tiene esa cara de aburrida todo el tiempo, haciendose pasar por interesante, no va flaca, todo bien, hay gente interesante en serio.

• Dale Barber

★★★★ Rewatched by Dale Barber 09 Jul, 2014

It's a feel good film, and a pretty good one at that. I saw this film years ago when it came out on dvd but couldn't remember that much of it, I'd forgotten that Bradley Cooper was in it, he has become more of a star since then though. As a concept it's classic feel good territory, someone who starts saying yes to everything, saying yes to life, it's hard to think of a simpler and better feel good story…

• WateringCanBro

★★★ Watched by WateringCanBro 03 Jul, 2014

"The world's a playground. You know that when you are a kid, but somewhere along the way everyone forgets it." (Allison)

I would recommed this movie for the message it wants or claims to convey, and because it is entertaining enough. It has many qualities but also many problems.

Let's start with Jim Carrey. He draws me to a movie more often than I care to admit, because he is actually better than he would seem. But than again that…

• aocc

★★ Watched by aocc 30 Jun, 2014

If saying yes gives me Zooey Deschanel then I'll say it: YES.

• Varghese Eapen

★★★★½ Rewatched by Varghese Eapen 30 Jun, 2014 3

Why cant we as human beings try out this philosophy?? Actually this is a very debatable topic...but on a personal level i feel this concept can help a lot of people,will improve relationships across all stratas of society...instead of having a negative attitude towards life,why cant we be more positive...what is the harm in trying out new things and taking risks rather than doing the same thing over and over again...life is short so why waste and have regrets later on???

• mook

★★★½ Watched by mook 21 Jun, 2014

I had two incentives to watch this. Firstly I've read and enjoyed Danny Wallace's (non fiction?) book on which it is based, and secondly the director of this, Peyton Reed, was recently announced as the replacement director for Edgar Wright on Marvel's Ant-Man...

I'm pleased to say I found this very enjoyable. The set up of saying 'yes' to anything and everything allows Jim Carrey to have fun, producing a performance somewhere in between his crazy stuff and his more…

• Kirk Gospel

★★½ Watched by Kirk Gospel 21 Jun, 2014

A very Jim Carey sort of movie. Perhaps a little toned down compared to the likes of Liar Liar and Ace Ventura but very much in that ball park.

• Eugene McCrann

★★½ Added by Eugene McCrann

Enjoyed the first act with Carrey being really anti-social. NEBRASKA TRIP. But seriously, Carrey's age is starting to freak me out. Seeing a more wrinkled, worn down Carrey trying his damnedest to energize a scene with manic body flinging isn't what it used to be, in part because I think he deserves better. Remember when Peyton Reed looked as if he wasn't going to be a hack?

• fincky87

★★★½ Watched by fincky87 16 May, 2014

Nice feel-good movie with a light romantic touch. Nothing that hurts you, often trivial but with a good-hearted message and a nice Carrey/Deschanel couple. Plus a good soundtrack and an awesome Third Eye Blind solo-performance by Carrey. However, what is too much then eventually the eternal grimaces. Its better than similar "Liar, Liar" but not as good as "Bruce Almighty" or serious Carrey stuff like "Man on the Moon" or "The Truman Show".