• Roger Joseph Ebert

★★½ Added by Roger Joseph Ebert

Jim Carrey made a movie in 1997 titled "Liar Liar" in which his character is a lawyer who suddenly finds he cannot tell a lie. Now here is "Yes Man," with Carrey playing a bank loan executive who cannot say "no." If the movie had been made just a little later to take advantage of the mortgage crisis, it could have been a docudrama.

Carrey begins as a recluse mired in depression, a man named Carl who has been avoiding…

• Mosh Graye

★★½ Rewatched by Mosh Graye 06 Apr, 2014

Meh. Jim Carrey has done better, Deschanel has been cuter, and Bradley Cooper apparently had a studio contract he needed to finish.

• Dave Kelly

★★★★ Watched by Dave Kelly 04 Apr, 2014

Charming film.

• Dominik Höcht

★★★★½ Watched by Dominik Höcht 28 Mar, 2014

Der beste Feel-Good-Film seit Walter Mitty für mich. Cool!

• kylegarvey

★★ Added by kylegarvey

A bland, generic comedy that managed to attract some pretty talented people, like Zooey Deschanel and Rhys Darby. It coasts along on the forgettable and facile through its first hour or so, before bumping into a huge wall of serious (and probably thoughtful) psychology. After a few minutes, it promptly drops that line and continues toward an agreeable and tepid finale.

• Julia McNeill

★½ Added by Julia McNeill

My friend made me watch this at her party and I hated it.

• Kevin Lu

★½ Added by Kevin Lu

i remember watching this movie with my parents and then the blowjob scene came on

3/10 goddammit

• Julia McNeill

★½ Added by Julia McNeill

No. Just no.

• girlusdorkus

★★★½ Watched by girlusdorkus 16 Feb, 2014

It was cute, better than I'd expected.
    Jim Carrey, as always, was great (It's no Truman Show, but still...)
    I adore Zooey Deschanel and all her quirkiness, although it was not very prominent in the movie, as such.
    Fun movie, very bollywood-y in some aspects, but otherwise a good watch.

• Triston Neighbors

★★½ Added by Triston Neighbors

"You sure you're okay?"
    "Oh YEAH. No, I'm FINE. In fact, you should KEEP me chained to this couch and the movie on replay. That way if actually start to like the movie, I'll die [of starvation]"

I'm really on the fence with this movie. While one half of me knows Jim Carrey is not going to be as good as anything pre-Truman Show, the other half is slightly whining: "Yeahhhhhhh, but it's Jim Carreyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy." And then my other half…

• Augusts Barkovskis

★★★★ Rewatched by Augusts Barkovskis 29 Jan, 2014

Too many coincidences and a bad first act, but besides that, this is a really optimistic movie that can set your mood to positive, no matter if it's bad or already good.

• Frozone

★★★½ Rewatched by Frozone 24 Jan, 2014

A nice feel good comedy. One of the better Jim Carrey Films. Even though the pattern resembles most of his older movies ("Liar, Liar", "Bruce Almighty", "Mr. Poppers Pinguine").