• Kyle Hermary

★★½ Rewatched by Kyle Hermary 07 May, 2015

_________________________________________________________________

Film #8 of the "Scavenger Hunt 2" Challenge!
    Task #13: A film about or featuring something on your bucket list
    ___________________________________________________________________

For this task, you had to choose something that was on your bucket list. I choose this film because I want to be as carefree as Jim Carry in this film. I want to be able to say yes to any situation and see where it takes me in life. That's one of the more interesting subjects in…

• JohnAllegretti

Added by JohnAllegretti

DVD

• Marna Larsen

Added by Marna Larsen

Hmm...I must have blocked this out entirely.

• Yumin Ha

★★½ Added by Yumin Ha

oay

• Rob Summers

★★★½ Rewatched by Rob Summers 05 Apr, 2015

GF picked this one. She's never seen it.

Was still a pretty funny movie.

Carrey is just a blast. He can do the big humor. But he sells the small stuff too.

Peyton Reed's direction is unfussy and nice looking. Whole cast is uniformly good. Rhys Darby kills. But every one shines.

Some stuff is a little much but it's such a smile inducing fun time with a great hook.

• Kat Moir

★★★★ Rewatched by Kat Moir 08 Apr, 2015 1

Far from perfect, but hilarious and one of Jim Carrey's best.

• Robbie Owen

★★½ Watched by Robbie Owen 28 Mar, 2015

Maybe.

• Matthew L. Brady

★★★ Watched by Matthew L. Brady 26 Mar, 2015

To the people that I talked to who have seen Yes Man have said the same thing. "It's not Carry's best movie", and I can agree that it's not on the same level as The Mask, Dumb and Dumber or the brilliant masterpiece that is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, but I honestly don't think it's has bad as some people are pointing it out to be.

• Paukzen

★★½ Watched by Paukzen 30 Aug, 2011

Streaming, casa Ines croazia

• Mynt Marsellus

★★★½ Watched by Mynt Marsellus 17 Mar, 2015

Yupp, I'm definitely convinced that Ant-Man this summer is going to be good. Peyton Reed has not made a bad film because he is phenomenal with actors and that will be the key to Ant-Man's success.

But to Yes Man specifically. I'm not a fan of Jim Carrey's shtick. But the supporting cast keeps this film from falling flat on Carrey.

• Adam Bolden

★★★½ Watched by Adam Bolden 14 Dec, 2012

Carl (Jim Carrey) is a man who never says "yes" to anything, but one day he visits a seminar where he learns to say "yes" to everything. Because of this, his life becomes fuller and he meets Allison (Zooey Deschanel), a free spirit who makes his life better. But all the "yes"'s in the world can't fix all of your problems, and Carl is going to find out soon enough that his method might not be fool-proof.

I just realized…

• shampoocell

★★★ Watched by shampoocell 25 Feb, 2015

Predictable and trite, but certainly not without charm and laughs.