• Michiel Venmans

★½ Watched by Michiel Venmans 25 Apr, 2015

Ben gek op Naomi Watts.
    De rest van de film deed het niet voor mij helaas.

• Chalinoss

★½ Watched by Chalinoss 06 Apr, 2015

Even though it had an ambitious cast (as usual), this film was really dissappointing + the mother's role is extremely annoying.
    It would have been more interesting to learn about the lost son rather than hearing those weak and repeating conversations.
    The predictability of this film leaves you just bored.

Ugh.

• Ruth

★★★ Watched by Ruth 28 Mar, 2015

Lesser Woody, although I enjoyed the driving concept behind it. Late in the film it becomes clear that only one character, the more explicitly delusional character, is going to have a happy ending (at least within the space of the film), ambiguously vindicating the otherwise detracting commentary on fortune telling. This is a theme that Woody has grappled with again and again this decade, most directly in his latest effort Magic in the Moonlight, so we may have this film…

• Daryl

★★★½ Watched by Daryl 31 Mar, 2015

I love the way Woody Allen explores relationships, it feels very real for the viewer and I can usually relate to the characters. It was also refreshing to see some great British actors being used for this London based film. Enjoyed this a lot better that some of the very average Woody films I saw last year.

• JC13

★★★½ Watched by JC13 25 Mar, 2015

"Actress, my foot! The only acting she's ever done is faking an orgasm."- Sally

You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger features an excellent cast and the always competent Woody Allen behind the camera. This makes for a pretty good movie. There are multiple storylines going on which are all connected and I enjoyed each of them. The film is nowhere near Woody's best work, but it's good. 7/10

• Blake1138

★★ Watched by Blake1138 28 Mar, 2015

You will see a long celluloid disappointment.

• Logan Bennett

★★ Watched by Logan Bennett 27 Mar, 2015 1

Felt rather uninspired, I get that that's the point of the film (echoed in the narration) but that doesn't make it any better.

• elias1026

★★★ Watched by elias1026 01 Mar, 2015

MOVIE A DAY FOR A YEAR - DAY 338

You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger is one of the many Woody Allen movies that really doesn't get enough credit at all. Of course, this is no Annie Hall, but that doesn't mean it isn't classic Woody Allen in its quirky, offbeat comedy, and wide array of hilariously outrageous characters.

• Gustavo Menezes

★½ Watched by Gustavo Menezes 20 Feb, 2015

The absolute lack of well-developped characters and situations makes this movie SO annoying. The story's not entertaining in the least, and even if it were, it's all ruined by the incessant narrator! Awful.

• Thomas Williams

★★½ Added by Thomas Williams

You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger is Woody Allen-lite. It is still signature-Woody Allen and it has all of his trademark criteria -- it is intellectual, the dialogue has some zingers and the cast is pretty and talented -- but it isn't as funny or profound as his better work. Stranger falls somewhere in the middle of this director's wide array of film offerings: better than Curse of the Jade Scorpion, Celebrity and Hollywood Ending but not as satisfying…

• Michael Samerdyke

★★★★ Watched by Michael Samerdyke 29 Jan, 2015

While this film will be perpetually overshadowed as the Woody Allen film before "Midnight in Paris," I found it very enjoyable. I loved the way the film followed its characters and their increasingly complex relationships.

While there weren't moments that struck me as great comic setpieces, I did find myself laughing out loud at the knots the characters seemed to die themselves into. For all the talk about how "Grand Budapest Hotel" was "Lubitschian," I think this film is actually…

• Anabel

★★★ Watched by Anabel 27 Jan, 2015

Que no tienes porqué hacer películas todos los años, Woody Allen. Sosiega y haz algo realmente bueno.