Conan the Barbarian 2011 ★★★

Hollywood makes a hard R-rated action movie geared toward 13 year old boys and wonders why it bombs at the box office.

Gee, could it be because the target audience is not legally allowed to buy a ticket for it?

Fucking idiots.

6 Comments

• I loved this film. It's not great but fuck was it entertaining.

• It has a very paint-by-numbers feel. And there's a SHIT LOAD of action scenes. Too many, if you ask me. The entire finale seemed to go on forever because they just kept fighting like they had been fighting all throughout the movie. It was monotonous, and left room for zero character development.

I should never be bored during what is supposed to be the climax of the movie.

It had some positive points, though. Looked great in HD, Rose McGowan is awesome as always, and Rachel Nichols gets naked. :D

• I totally do get the hate for this. I still don't know why I love it so much. I had to watch it again because I was surprised I liked it so much the first time and I ended up liking it more the second time.

• I'm actually looking back on it in a guilty-pleasure sort of way, like I know I'll have fun if I grab a beer and put it on again.

• I saw this in the alamo drafthouse with a couple of beer and my friends and we had a blast! This film is only dumb action nothing more nothing less..

• I wish there was a cinema drafthouse within a reasonable distance from here, because I would go every single week.

Please to comment.