Friends With Benefits 2011 ★½

Awful. What makes this particular film so bad is that it thinks it's better than other romantic comedies of this type. In fact, it continuously talks about and mocks these kinds of films. Except it didn't earn this right at all, because it's just as cliched and ridiculous. It takes too long to get to exactly where you know it's going and then resolves in literally 2 minutes through a completely ridiculous romcom ending. I never thought in my life I would utter the phrase, "No Strings Attached was better."

5 Comments

• Excellent points, but I still enjoyed the film. That said, they put themselves in a difficult position by using Justin & Mila's characters to make fun of romantic comedies, yet they didn't rise above them in their own film. Still, 1 and a half stars is rough. You thought The Change-Up was better than this? Ouch.

• I honestly thought this was one of the worst movies I've seen in recent history. Tripe, through and through, made worse by the fact that they have the balls to mock the very movie they're making and pretend they're any better. A total waste. I'd watch The Change-Up on repeat for a week before watching this again.

• Agree with everything you said, never saw "No Strings attached" though and don't really plan to.

• You hit the nail right on the head. No Strings Attached was indeed better, although not exactly "good" either.

• I am so glad I'm not the only one who thinks that this isn't a good film. Your points make absolute sense!

Please to comment.