Another year since the greatest financial catastrophe of modern capitalism, another attempt to unpick and compartmentalise the injustice and the criminality of what the fuck happened. In years to come, when we're still wading through the sewage and trying to lift ourselves out from the tsunami of bullshit that our friends in office and the financial sector have thrown on top of us, maybe - just maybe - we'll have an answer to the two major questions; "how?" and "why?"…
Lily Tomlin tears up the screen as the film's titular feminist, lesbian, right-on Grandma, and the film wears its liberal sensibilities without a hint of shame, which is genuinely refreshing to see. The subject matter, while in a sense controversial, is never played for cheap laughs but rather sits at the centre of a surprisingly nuanced film about intergenerational relationships and the strains that families often find themselves under.
Grandma is a female-led comedy brimming with heart and humour. Tomlin…
There are few things more awkward in this World than watching the opening credits of Carrie in the presence of your parents. Any teenage boy who has had to endure such a scenario will know just how uncomfortable it is. You just don’t know where to look! Worse still, if you’re in the boat that I was in when I first sat down to watch it, you’ve got the added dilemma of pretending that you’re enjoying it – but…
Six Things I Learned from Taken 2:
1. Randomly chucking grenades around in a crowded city is the best way of gauging someone’s location.
2. American citizens are free to kill random, innocent police officers provided one of their mates has contacts at the American Embassy.
3. Typing “US Embassy” into the GPS works every time.
4. Slamming the gearstick of a taxi down will make it go faster.
5. Albanians speak English in their own country but speak…