Trailer Park of Terror 2008 ★★★

“You touched my shit. Nobody touches my shit.”
-Roach (Myk Watford)

Trailer Park of Terror, supposedly based upon an Imperium Comic, sets up its premise with a too long prologue, during which a young woman avenges the death of her lover by killing all the redneck residents of her trailer park and burning it to the ground.
Years later, a group of teenagers (Oh yes, that set up again) stumble across said trailer park, where the residents have inexplicably transformed into talking zombies with crude senses of humour. Yeah, to be honest, I didn’t have a fucking clue what was going on either.

The madness that ensues afterwards is kind of like the spawn of the Evil Dead and Rob Zombie. Certainly, if you’re a fan of Zombie’s works you may find some enjoyment here, I know I did. The characters are all stereotypes and poorly acted, but on the opposite team the zombie rednecks are quite hilarious. One of the characters played by Trace Adkins, simply named the Man, actually looks like Zombie! It’s definitely got enough gore to sate genre fans, and the makeup is actually rather good. It’s all a bit nonsensical and daft, but is reidiculously entertaining.

VERDICT; Silly, schlocky trailer trash fun. I would absolutely recommend this to fans of Zombie, and to all other horror fans to give it a try. Nothing special and often hare-brained, but amusing nonetheless.
3/5 or 6/10

Comment?

Please to comment.