Repulsion 1965 ★★★★★

One of my favourite films of all time. Polanski's 1965 thriller, actually very close to being a horror film, about a woman who goes crazy (not much of a summary, but that's the gist of it) played by a freaking gorgeous Catherine Deneuve. There is such an awesome, slow build to this film as you see the disconnected Carole (Deneuve) dealing with daily life, then how things slowly crumble as she becomes more detached form the world and is left to her own devices. You really go on a ride a of psychosis with her and being in that apartment, you begin to feel claustrophobic yourself as the world collapses in on you. It is truly amazing film filled with tension and horror and I can't believe I had not seen it before now. Polanski's a sick bastard who should be in jail, but dude can the direct the crap out of a movie.

5 Comments

• I can't understand how I missed this film Len. I have had it Zipped since you first mentioned it...long ago. I have been trying to locate it. Good review KT.

• I've been avoiding this one like the plague. Now I know why. I kept confusing it with Irreversible. I knew it was was one your favourites, and we tend to have similar tastes, so I was always shocked that you had it so high on your list! Phew. Now that I know it's not Irreversible, I'll add to my ziplist.

• Cool. Showbill, if you have Netflix it's on there.

• Lise, that's super funny, I had to comment. I really loved Repulsion, I hope you do too.

• That is indeed hilarious. Rest assured, this is a very different film from Irreversible; I am a Noe fan and I do think Irreversible is very good movie, but it's not in the class of this. Few films are of course. Looking forward to reading both of your reviews for this one soon!

Please to comment.